Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:16 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: Mission Trial - Prelude: Party A

OOC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Lord View Post
I had a temptation to decapitate one of the children, Johnny.
Johnny is poke's character in Party 1... :P

IC:

"Explosion, probably gas tanks or eggxecute, " the man I talked to replied. My suspicions had been confirmed, and that worried me. I gulped before giving my response.

"Ok... thanks." I wasn't sure if he had heard, since he'd already started running off again. I figured I should keep up with the Ranger, as the darkness threatened to overcome more of my vision, and I hadn't planned on getting lost on a mysterious island that seldom sees visitors.

By the time I'd caught up, a man was slicing off the Ranger's hair. I just looked, bewildered. I thought of saying something, but the look of anger and frustration in the swordman's eyes made me rethink. After a few seconds of being given a haircut from Hell, the Ranger stood up, composed himself from having earlier cried, I could see, and began to explain the story from start to finish.

After he had, the man I had talked to previously stepped forward and began to confront the group. He seemed like someone who would do well in charge, so didn't say anything that would draw attention to me. Most of the group had yet to acknowledge me, and I was going to keep it that way until need be. However, that idea was crushed at what the man said next.

"Now, we need to get quick introductions and pool our resources; Just state your name, occupation, which Pokemon you have with you, and anything else that might be useful. Hopefully we have plenty of resurces that we'll be able to use in order to effectively neutralize this threat,"

He started off with the introductions, establishing himself as 'Brainy'. There was an awkward silence after he'd finished, so I decided I may as well speak up and get it over with.

"Umm..." I started. Everyone's heads turned to me. 'Oh, great,' I thought. 'I know I'm gonna screw up.'

"Well... my name's Mark Chate... I'm a Pokemon Trainer, only fifteen... I, er... umm..." I was stuttering, certain that I was visibly shaking due to nerves. I wasn't used to having every watch me, and instantly looked at the floor. "Uhh... my Pokemon... err..." I struggled to think. What WERE my Pokemon? "WeavileFroslassGlaceonArcaninePlusleandMinun" I said it as fast as I could to make sure I didn't forget again. They were all older at me, and I was positive that they were thinking I was just a nervous little kid who would hold them back in this 'operation'. Maybe coming here wasn't a good idea after all...
Old 04-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

OOC: Hi peoples! hmm...Eccentric Lunatics...awesome! That has my vote!

The Ranger's expression, the Explosion, the overall ominous feeling that was in the air, one by one each one manage to wipe the smile off my face and off the face of Nancy, my Delcatty, as we ran behind the Ranger. I hung on to my brown backpack as we ran. We heard Grass Pokemon were attacking, but not for a moment did I think about the type advantages. I was more concerened about what everyone else had planned as I don't like to step in and take charge.

Even as the Ranger broke in tears, I tried nearing him to calm him down. Next to me, Nancy stretched her paw towards the Ranger with a saddened look in her face, but as we got close, we noticed the sword and jumped back. We weren't about to get caught in the way of a sword when all we wanted was see a new place and, after all we have heard, help out.

I heared Brainy's introduction, and then Mark, but it was obvious Mark wasn't good with crowds. I just stood next to him and patted him on the back in a cheerful manner.

I smiled at the ground and said excitedly, drawing all attention to myself, "My turn. I'm Felix Haru! I'm a performer and a chef, although that's not important. With me I have a Gallade, a Glaceon, a couple of Dewgong, a Butterfree, and..." I stretched my hands in my Delcatty's direction, "this is Nancy!" Nancy raised her front left paw and smiled as if she was saying 'Hi' to the group.

He knew he probably came out awkward as he acted all cheerful in a time like this, but he didn't care much about that.

I then stood upright and said with a serious yet calm face, "hmm...You know, if sunlight is a problem my Dewgong both know Rain Dance. Oh! And I carry all my chef tools with me. They come in handy from time to time."

OOC: BTW, I'm not back on Puerto Rico yet. I just found this wireless connection and thought I should make a quick reply. I should be back next week on Monday or Tuesday. If you need to move my character, do so, I don't mind. I'm just glad that's an option so that I dont' have to miss this RP. = )
Old 04-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Spiderc Offline

Send a message via AIM to Spiderc

Clay stood there, looking fairly impassive at the spectacle of the blade slashing around the poor ranger. As the man with the sword finished, Clay was about to make a sarcastic comment on how intimidating the man who was an emotional wreck was going to do anything. However, much to his amazement, it did seem to have an effect, and a positive no less!

The extra information that the Ranger... er, Tommy supplied wasn't really that much of a help. All they had learned was there were multiple outposts, multiple rangers, and a whole crap load of Grass types. Although, there was one thing that he said at the end was fairly interesting. The Grass Pokemon seemed distracted. What would distract a bunch of Pokemon that were assaulting an outpost?

While he was thinking about this, three of the others introduced themselves to the rest of the group. We seemed to have a fair amount of Ice, Fire and Flying types, all which would help immensely against Grass types. Now that he had heard what Pokemon his allies have, Clay started to feel even more guilty for just have specific types with him. None of which would help that much...

"My name is Clay, and I'm a Trainer and Collector." In the small part of his mind that was always making jokes, he heard several imaginary voices saying: 'hi clay...'. Ignoring the small joke his mind had produced he continued. "For Pokemon, I have Swampert, Empoleon, Cradily, Metagross, Magnezone, and Garchomp. As for anything I have with me, I've got nothing."

Now that he had finished what had been asked of him, Clay turned back to Tommy. "You said the Grass Pokemon seemed distracted? I'm guessing that that might be at least a small part of what's causing what's going on." Turning back to the group at large, he added, "Maybe some of us could go and try to find what's edging the Pokemon on, while the others go right to the outpost and try to help out the rangers that are still there."
Old 04-21-2009, 03:14 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

"Th- That may work, actually," interjected Tommy.

"We... we tried to distract some of the grass pokemon with scents, *sniff* though we didn't have anything more than a few rarer flowers. They worked in managed to attract the attention *sniff* of a few of the pokemon, but as soon as they saw that it wasn't anything of interest, they went right back to attacking."

*sniff*

"It's as if they can't stop fighting. I'm not sure how to say it. One moment it was peaceful, and the next they flew out at us from deeper within the forest."

OOC: The first page now has links to everyone's characters so it is easier to look up. Also, please let me know if any of you release grass pokemon. It should be interesting. Brian, you know the stuff that you have is much more potent than the flowers the Rangers used.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 04-21-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Lusitania Offline

“This,” I muttered, “is what I have.”

I threw up my falchion, spinning in a circle several times counter clockwise, a sphere of cold iron steel. I then pulled out both my katana and slashed at it with the black blades. It spun, slashed at the face of the man that was named Brian, who really was getting on my nerves, and fell in the ground, upright, like a Master Blade. I then jutted my arm up, very forcefully, and along with a few taps from the black katana Arate, all three red daggers came up. I hit them down with the blade Aratu and then threw that to the ground. I now gripped Arate with my right hand and tossed my single Pokeball into the air. “This. Is. Staraptor.” I said, as I made a spectacle of myself. I spun the Pokeball on the tip of the blade, and then threw it higher up a bit. I hit the small circle in the middle, and out came my Staraptor.

Staraptor was a large bird, like an eagle. A white plume of feathers adorned his chest, a veil of black feathers falling in front of his face. An orange beak poked from his face. A squack filled the air, and I started to talk, “This is Staraptor. My only Pokemon; the only one I need.

Then I looked at the people who had already introduced themselves. I pointed at the child, “You. You’re much too young to be here, go home sonny,” Then I pointed at the man who introduced himself as Felix, “You, I hope you can battle as well as you act,” and at the man named Clay, “You, go back to Texas, cowboy,” then at the ranger, “Coward,” and finally at the man named Brian. Brainy, his nickname. How conceited can you get? What a bastard. I’d make sure he wasn’t enjoying his stint here.

I left a scratch on the underside of his face, where there is only flesh, fresh blood dripping from it. “You, I don’t like you. Not at all.”

Phail post is phail.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

I listened intently as we made our way steadily in the direction that the sound had come from. I watched Crobat out of the corner of my eye, waiting for any indication that something was going to go wrong. I was pleased. So far, there had been no indication of any ambush lying in wait, nor any particular liabilities for defending the base.

I was quite surprised by Tommy's news that other, simpler, scents were having some noticeable effect on the attacking Pokemon. It really threw any theories I'd had about what could have possibly been the cause for their attack way out of whack. At least we didn't have many unusable Pokemon so far. Only a Butterfree and a Cradily that might have any trouble with the scents, Butterfree being a maybe, but Cradily was a certainty.

I quickly took in the information that I had so far; Mark's team would obviously be the most useful in concocting any defense. Clay had several Steel types that would also be reasonably effective, and Felix seemed rounded enough.

Slice; I really didn't know what to think of him. Acting? Theater definitely wasn't one of my past times, but he seemed to fit the bill. And what was with the cut? It's like, 'oh, darn, my chin is dying!' I mean, there wasn't even any point in addressing something so clearly a cry for attention. I suppose that he wasn't a liability, but his single Pokemon wouldn't be much use in any defensive efforts.

Out of what I'd heard, I decided that the first thing to do would be getting rid of the Pokemon already attacking the Outpost. It sounded as though the Rangers stationed there had been given little advanced warning of the attack; they probably had been too busy to effectively mount any defensive options yet. The scents would work out nicely. I could take Slice along to harry their pursuit, and run through the forest with the vials to lead the Pokemon away from the outpost for long enough to get any wounded inside and allow a few minutes to regroup and set up some traps and barriers. If we could lure them far enough away, they might even lose their motivation and not return, though it seemed unlikely.

I could have Crobat lead me through the forest; the darkness wouldn't cause any problem to him, so I wouldn't have any trouble worrying about getting lost or running into something I would normally avoid. Max could play guerrilla tactics with Slice and try to take out some of the grass Pokemon while I ran. The only real problems that I could see with this solution were that Slice didn't seem as though he would work well with anyone, but more than that, was that the scent could have a detrimental effect. If I ran through the forest at night holding something like this, it would likely bring any other nearby Grass Pokemon that weren't already in on the assault running to join the others.

After a short debate, I determined that it would be worth the risk, and motioned Crobat over.

"Get Max." I said shortly. Crobat zoomed off into the night, and I turned to look at the small group we had here.

"What we're going to do is this: I'm going to take the vials and head through the forest to behind the Pokemon attacking the outpost. Once I'm there, I'll open them and use it to lead the Pokemon back into the forest for a while. One of you, I think it should be Slice, should follow them while they're distracted by the scent and incapacitate as many as you can manage. Max is going to be doing the same thing.

While we're away, the rest of you should have an opportunity to deal with the situation there. You should have a few minutes, maybe as many as ten, before I'll close the vials and circle back. In that time, you'll need to move any wounded and set up a perimeter. Reflects and Light Screens are advised, as well as any traps you can think of. I'll circle back around and come in from this side again, so make sure that if there are any traps you set up from that direction that they are able to be activated manually rather than by trigger so that you don't end up just getting the trap wasted on me instead of something useful.

I'll try to be back before the Pokemon return, but if not, don't worry too much. With a little preparation, we should be able to hold out against them much easier."

I turned and looked at Mark. "You'll be in charge of Traps and such, seeing as your team is the most useful for dealing with Grass Pokemon. Remember, any traps you set should be incapacitating, but not fatal. Often Pokemon will stop fighting to aid an injured comrade, but if the trap is fatal, there won't be any opportunity for the trapped Pokemon to be a burden on it's fellows. Also, if you have Poke ball, it might be wise to attempt a capture at some of the injured Pokemon; They can't try and fight us if they've been captured and sent to storage."

There was little else to do at that point, so I picked up the pace and started off towards the outpost, hoping that things would work out, and I wouldn't be making a huge mistake. Crobat and Max joined me momentarily, and Max gave the signal that there was nothing to worry about between here and the outpost. At the news, I barreled off in a dead run. I would need a bit of time to circle around through the trees before the rest of the group got to the clearing.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:19 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

OOC: So is your party name Eccentric Lunatics?

IC:

At this point, the entire party can see what appears to be a small spiral of white smoke rising ahead, likely from the outpost. It isn't massive and looking towards the trees, you notice some flickering, but nothing indicating a massive fire.

As you run, the beach becomes grainier and grainier until it disappears into brown soil and dirt. Scattered twigs and leaves lie about the group, except on the dirt path that leads into the forest. It's about 3 yards across and seems to have been created fairly recently. The dirt flies off your shoes as you run along it.

But, what you approach, can only be described as mass chaos.

A small group of rangers form a semi-circle facing outwards. Fear, anger, and weariness grace their faces as they stare outwards. Their pokemon, many bruised and bleeding, surround these rangers, as if forming a final barrier to protect their worn masters. The rangers back are to the doorway of a wooden structure of some sort.

The door swings back and forth along the hinge, revealing a scene of mass trauma. People and pokemon lie scattered about the wooden floor, many badly injured, bleeding through their bandages. Eerie moans and scared mewing emit from the doorway while an older woman dashes to and from each person and pokemon. She pays no attention to the events unfolding outside.

Grass pokemon, a multitude, with blank looks and evil grimaces, surround the remaining rangers. They too look beaten and bloodied. They also outnumber the Ranger's pokemon 3 to 1. They too form a semi-circle as if instinctively corralling their prey into a corner before the final strike. Slowly they began prowling inward.

The rangers tighten the circle. A few nervously rub their pokeballs. Their eyes darting back and forth between the grass pokemon pack.

But one ranger holds his ground. He stands tall, wearing a ten-gallon hat upon his head. He stands at the front of the group.

"This here, is our last chance!" shouts the ranger. "We fail now and we lose everything that we stand for!"

He glances at the other rangers, looking them each in the eye. He smiles.

"Make me proud boys!" he howls. "Give 'em Hell!"

(Ironically enough, three of the five rangers including this man, are women.)

The rangers let out a whoop and their pokemon charge forward.

OOC: Let me outline the situation a bit more.

Each of the five remaining rangers has a single pokemon out. The pokemon are:

- Heracross
- Snorunt
- Tyranitar (Pokemon of the Ranger wearing the ten-gallon hat)
- Prinplup
- Rhydon

They are surrounded by these grass pokemon:

- Bulbasaur
- Venasaur
- Gloom x2
- Bellsprout x3
- Hoppip x2
- Tropius
- Sceptile
- Breloom x2
- Roselia

If you take the time to notice, you do see to the side what appears to be a large gas storing canister lying horizontally along the ground. It appears to have exploded with its metal casing twisted and gnarled.

The gas container is between the forest and a large, two-story wooden building. Both have appeared to been on fire at some point in time recently, but have been put out. The logs of the building are scarred black while several nearby trees have fallen over. The smell of burnt wood permeates the air as tendrils of white smoke slowly rise from the ashes.

Near the fire lays a ranger. He shows no sign of movement. Next to him are two pokemon, a Starmie and Staryu. They do aren't moving.

In fact, glancing around the outpost and the surrounding area, bodies of pokemon lie scattered about. It isn't the massive carnage of a battlefield or war zone, but every ten yards lies another body. A psyduck with a deeply cut beak is curled up against a trunk. A charizard slumps over a fainted blastoise near the burnt building.

However, strangely, no grass pokemon appear to be lying about.

Let me know if you use any grass pokemon.

Also, I present to you your first objective.

Objective

1. Assist Ranger Outpost 1
Old 04-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Lusitania Offline

I looked into Brian’s eyes. His plan, in my honest opinion, couldn’t work. Those vials of his would simply bring them to an area where everything was fine and dandy. And that would be destroyed as well.

I took out my falchion Aratu and held it tightly in my right hand. “No,” I whispered, and I swung the blunt part of my blade into his face. “I don’t like your plan. I’m going to help the Ranger’s directly. If we have all of those Pokemon following you, that Sceptile or maybe that Tropius is going to catch up to you. And kill you. Idiot, and we’ll die too. Our only chance is to stealthily pick them off one by one. Well, you can do that. I, for one, am going to murder the Pokemon on my own,”

At this I released my Staraptor. The bird of prey looked at me, his white feather plume beautiful in the setting sun. “C’mon, Star, we’re going,” I muttered to him, and used him as a mount.

This would be fun.

Phail post is phail
Old 04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Brainiac Offline

Send a message via AIM to Brainiac Send a message via MSN to Brainiac Send a message via Yahoo to Brainiac

OOC: I feel like I'm monopolizing the RP.... POST EVERYONE!!! lol, and I think that the Eccentric Lunatics is pretty unanimous... Oh, and Cipher... I'm already ahead of the group, and definitely moving well beyond the reach of such pointless theatrics. Aand, I trust Max to be able to keep the pair off my back in case they get too close;

Oh, and a question: Do our Pokemon only know the Egg/MT/TM's and all that they know in the URPG, or can we have them with different ones, such as Sneasel with Ice Punch?

IC: I neared the edge of the clearing, the dying flames casting everything into a moving light, shadows flitting about crazily and distorting the reality of the situation. I took stock of the situation, the rangers standing wearily, clearly outnumbered. It looked like the only pokemon they had out that would be a problems would be Heracross. No way that bloke would manage to resist this scent, not in its nature.

There was nothing for it. I dropped another Pokeball, releasing Togepi. "Keep that Heracross here; charm it and put it to sleep. We can't have it running off with all the other Grass Pokemon here, but make sure to stay safe. I'll be back for you in a few minutes, Okay?"

There wasn't time to wait for an answer. I dashed off into the trees on my right, moving a little slower than I normally would have done in an effort to keep quiet. I kept a thick screen of trees and undergrowth between me and the clearing, catching only minute glances of the chaos that was taking place not ten yards away. The foliage was thick, lush, and cool. I was having a bit of trouble keeping from brushing against leaves and branches as I circled around the clearing until I could see that I was at the rear of the carnage.

"Max," I whispered, "make sure the quicker ones don't get their hands on me, and do as much damage as you can." Then to Crobat, "I'll need you to guide me through the forest; I'll be running as fast as I can and won't have time to pay attention to where I'm going. Make sure we don't run into any other Pokemon. We've already got a Grass Pokemon problem, we don't need to get more types that want to beat us into a pulp."

With that, I took one vial in my hands, and popped the stopper. I waited for just a few seconds so that the smell could permeate the distance to the struggling Pokemon, noting that Togepi was standing right next to the Heracross, which was looking drowsy. It was all down to this. I moved a few more paces into the trees, not yet running, because I needed the Pokemon to follow. My heart was pounding with anxiety, but finally I thought I saw the closest Pokemon, a Breloom, gave a twitch in my direction. It was all the indication that I needed. If they were going to follow me, then I didn't want to be around when they started coming.

I turned and raced off into the trees, listening hard for sounds of pursuit behind me as I swerved through the undergrowth behind Crobat, Max vanishing into the darkness the instant I broke into a run.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Lusitania Offline

OoC: Just staying IC, Brainiac. It’s simple as staying true to my personality x3

IC: Startaptor zoomed out over the air, as I watched a Breloom chase after Brian. Well, if he wasn’t hosed, good for him. I somehow felt that the plan was destined to fail, as if some person had already planned the downfall of us all. Nevertheless, I was going to do this as well. Why should I let someone else have the fun.
The first Pokemon I saw was Bulbasaur. Green vines slapped around like whips, hitting trees and people alike. Thwack thwack thwack they went. I pulled out Arate and Arata, my black bladed katana. Staraptor descended to the ground, and I got off. I faced the Pokemon, green eyes staring at me, a large, green bulb on its back bulging. I motioned for it to attack. IT took a defensive stance, and I mounted Staraptor again.

He rose up into the air, black feathered wings repeatedly flapping back and forth. The wings made whooshing noises as they cut the air, which sounded like music to my earsw. Star sped at the Bulbasaur, my dark red hair flying behind me, and I slashed at the Bulbasaur with both of my katana, which turned into blurs of black metal as I sliced with them. A skillful hand could turn a stick into a deadly weapon, what could a skillful hand turn two deadly weapons into?
At this moment, Staraptor used a powerful Aerial Ace attack. The orange beak that was on his face went back and forth to the bulb on Bulbasaur’s back repeatedly, as the wings slapped it every once in a while. I was enjoying this.

OoC: This is where Mister Harriette Kimberly comes in, I believe. So Harry, if I understand what you’re going to do, you’re going to evaluate what I just did.

Last edited by Lusitania; 04-23-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:11 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

OOC: You can only use the moves that your URPG pokemon could normally use in a URPG battle. So all naturally learned moves, TM's, BM's, HM's, and MT's that you have on your pokemon.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Lusitania Offline

OoC: Sorry, didn't notice that Star didn't have Peck ^^;
Old 04-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Spiderc Offline

Send a message via AIM to Spiderc

ooc: school is being stupid...

bic: Clay tried to take in his surroundings as quickly as he could, he knew that the lives of both people and Pokemon might be at stake. He groaned at the sight of all of the grass types, there was no way that he could take them on, especially with his limited type selection.

He was glad to see, however, that some of the enemy Pokemon were starting to head off toward the smell that Brian had planted. Well, at least that did something...

Realizing that he was still holding onto Empoleon's Pokeball, Clay quickly pressed the middle button one more time, causing a flash of red light and Empoleon materialized standing right in front of Clay.

"Use Waterfall and stop those flames from reaching the ranger!" Clay knew that the flames were providing them with light, so he didn't want them to go all the way out, but on the other hand, he couldn't allow them to reach the knocked out ranger either. As soon as he heard Clay's command, Empoleon made some weird movement with its arms, and water started materializing above the flames. Within seconds the strong downpour doused the flames for the most part, keeping the knocked out ranger safe, for now at least.

While Empoleon was putting out the fire, Clay grabbed another Pokeball and pressed the middle button twice, releasing the Pokemon. This time, Metagross came out, and awaited Clay's orders. The Steel type wasn't comfortable with other Pokemon around, and there were definitely a lot of Pokemon around. Given some of them were unconscious, but still.

"Just wait..." Before he ordered Metagross to attack any of the Grass types, he wanted to see which ones would be effected by the scent. He didn't want to attack one the was moving toward the scent, only to have a bunch of them attack him. For now, waiting was the best plan.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:33 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Default Re: Mission Trial - Prelude: Eccentric Lunatics

OOC: As you may have noticed, your team name is now "Eccentric Lunatics." You crazy people.

IC:

For those of you who are still at the camp, you notice the following pokemon withdraw from the rangers and start running in the direction that Brian left:

- Venasaur
- Tropius
- Sceptile
- Breloom x2

This leaves these pokemon surrounding the rangers:

- Bulbasaur
- Gloom x2
- Bellsprout x3
- Hoppip x2
- Roselia

The Remains of the Fire

Although having already been put out, Clay calls out Empoleon.

"Use Waterfall and stop those flames from reaching the ranger!" Clay commanded.

Empoleon, seeing only the faint embers of the remains of the fire, obeyed Clay and began shooting water from its mouth. The embers sizzle slightly and are no match for the sheer amount of water being poured upon them. There is absolutely no chance of the fire reigniting itself.

Seeing this, Clay calls upon Metagross. The large psychic pokemon appears and awaits his trainer's orders.

However, much happens in this short time.

Outpost 1

Swooping down from the sky, Staraptor and Slice fly as one. Bulbasaur is caught unaware as Staraptor strikes the grass pokemon with his wing, throwing it to its side.

However, it was already too late. Arate, Slice's katana, swept forward in brilliant, invisible stroke and in a single, fluid motion, cut the bulb right off of Bulbasaur's back. Bulbasaur screams in utter agony, a bone-chilling nightmare of a scream.

Not to be left out, Arata, the other black katana, shot downward. There is no sound this time. Arata has managed to cut cleanly through the entirety of Bulbasaur's body, splitting the pokemon into two halves, front and back.

As Slice flies away, Bulbasaur's remains slump to the ground as green blood and organs leak out. The soil is stained. Bulbasaur is dead.

The Chase

A powerful floral scent slowly spreads from the vial in Brian's hands. In the vial, it was concentrated, designed to attract the attention of every grass pokemon in the area. Only small amounts of it should be used, however, at any given time. To use more, like Brian is doing now, would be... disastrous.

The smell reaches the grass pokemon and they immediately turn to sniff the scent. A few stop halfway, as if suddenly gripped by a sense of control. These pokemon ignore the scent and turn back towards the rangers, closing the gaps their comrades left.

However, the larger and stronger pokemon move away towards the scent. They lumber and walk towards Brian, eyes shrinking as their inner instincts they over. They start slow at first, walking, but soon speed up into a trot... then a run.

And they charged forward, knocking trees out of the way, pushing and climbing over each other as they madly dashed towards Brian. Brian, you can easily hear their pursuit. The sounds of trunks and branches snapping, of primal screams, of stomping feat; all reach your ears.

And worst yet, they sound like they're coming closer and closer.

Crobat leads you into the dense forest. Max protects behind you.

You glance back and notice that Sceptile has managed to separate itself from the pack. It jumps wildly from trunk to trunk, using its powerful legs to bounce forward. It soon falls only a few meters behind you, near Max.

Its eyes glow white. It stares madly at you.

OOC: Brian, let me know what Max and you do. Do you all keep running; does it stay back and fight; fight and run; or what? What happens depends on your creativity and roleplaying.

Also note that while you did not see it, Togepi successfully charmed Heracross to sleep. Now the Rangers are down one pokemon. Good job.

Slice, now that you've attacked one of the grass pokemon, the others are going to strike. You managed to surprise one. You won't get that chance again. They know you're up there now. They're ready.

Clay, there is no fire. It has been put out.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:59 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: Mission Trial - Prelude: Eccentric Lunatics

I acknowledged Felix's kindness with a shy nod. I was quite hurt at Slice's comment to me about being nothing more than a child who would get in the way, so it was only natural that my self-esteem was crushed. Slice definitely wasn't on my list of favourite people.

Trying to compose myself, I noticed that Brian had already unleashed a scent to distract some of the Grass types. It seemed to have worked; I counted at least five Pokemon chase after Brian. But that still left almost ten Pokemon left. I thought that I may as well start helping out if I was going to be any use at all. I picked a Pokeball off of my belt and threw it into the air.

"Weavile, come on out!"

In a flash of white light, a Pokemon appeared on the ground. It appeared to be wearing a headdress made of feathers, but I knew that they were part of the Pokemon. It's razor sharp claws glinted from the remains of the fire, but the glow shortly died after Clay's Empoleon extinguished them. It was getting even harder to see, but I knew that Arcanine's Sunny Day wouldn't help the situation at all.

"Ok, Weavile. We need to help the Ran-,"

I cut off my sentence as I noticed Slice's attempt to help the problem. The scream from the little Bulbasaur sent a shiver down my spine and I did nothing but watch, paralyzed to the spot in fear. Slice was much more vicious than I thought.

It didn't end there. He then drew out another sword and sliced the Bulbasaur wide open. I flinched and hid my eyes, disturbed by the scene. Tears started to prick my eyes and I hurried to wipe them away. Weavile could tell that something was upsetting me, and came over to comfort me.

I regained my composure, trying not to look at the Bulbasaur's limp body. It angered me that he had to be so... so... boistrous. I couldn't let him get the better of me, though, and looked for a target for Weavile.

"Right. Weavile, let's help the man with the Tyranitar," I commanded. We both rushed to the ten-gallon hat wearing Ranger. "I want to help you. What should I do?" I asked, a bit unclear of whether to just faint the Pokemon, or do what Slice had done... I couldn't think the word.