Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 04-18-2009, 09:15 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Mission Trial - Prelude: Fabulae Textores

Roster

The Story So Far...

Although this has not been stated previously, the Park is located on a large island. The island is a near the Orange Islands, but distant enough to not be considered a part of them. It is a wild frontier in which pokemon of all types live, free from human interference. Every possible terrain can be found here and it is rumored that even rare pokemon make their homes here. In the Pokemon Park, anything is possible.

You are one of a few people who have managed to hear about The National Park and have decided to visit it for one reason or another. Perhaps you desire to catch rare pokemon. Maybe you wish to try to photograph unique and interesting species. Or you just simply wished to get away from it all and go on an adventure. The Park offers many opportunities for all.

A small ferry set off from Mandarin island early this morning. It takes a good 16 hours of travel to reach the Park by boat and no intelligent trainer would attempt to fly to it over open, untested water. The skipper, Captain Mary Tavler, owns this particular vessel, the S.S. Krabby. It is even painted the proper bright red of an actual Krabby, complete with a Krabby logo on the side.

Talking with Captain Tavler gives you the impression that she is not only a Krabby fanatic, but also long-winded. She bores you to tears about her latest Krabby expedition in which she climbed Mt. Coronet in search of rare Mountain Krabby. Unfortunately, she had not found any, but she is determined to keep searching for the most unique Krabby in the world. She is told that The National Park has some of the rarest Krabby in the world and she will catch those Krabby no matter what. Unfortunately, as she finishes her rededication, she punches down on the ship’s wheel, sending the ship spinning sharply to the starboard.

Luckily, you managed to hold onto the cabin door instead of being thrown out over the rail into the sea. The old man who was standing outside, however, was not so lucky. He tumbled right over. After a quick rescue operation that involved a few water pokemon, a life jacket, an emergency float, and a lot of tugging; the old man managed to climb back onboard. Captain Tavler, sporting a bright red blush, apologized over and over to the man. Luckily, the old man laughed it off, finding the small adventure to be... exhilarating.

The rest of the trip managed to be uneventful, with Tavler carefully guiding her vessel this time. You start to question your luck. Sure, you managed to find the only ship heading to The National Park this week, but will you live to see the Park? Luckily, you arrive safely.

Tavler guides the Krabby to the wooden dock jutting out from the island’s beach, carefully bringing the boat to the side. Moments later, you find yourself walking down the wooden plank onto the dock. The sea sways gently beneath you. Turning east, you see the sun slowly start to set in the distance. It’s been a long day and you try to stifle a yawn, but fail.

That is when you hear a voice. You turn around towards the beach and notice someone running towards you. As he approaches, you notice him wearing what appears to be black khaki pants and a red vest over a white shirt. A top his head is a brown Ranger’s hat, though it appears to be falling off as the man erratically jogs toward you. He seems frantic, waving his arms back and forth.

You, and the others who have accompanied you, pace onto the beach toward the man. He looks frantic as he runs up to you.

"You... are... trainers?" he pants fervently, "Right?"

You and a few others nod, visibly worried.

"Good," he replies, "You need to come with me... We have a situation."

The sun sets behind you.

Getting Started

Like I mentioned, please try and figure out a party name. That way I don't have to keep referring to you as Party 1. It adds to the "awesomeness" of the plot. Feel free to post here to start discussing a name.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 04-25-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:34 PM
poke123 Offline

Default Re: Mission Trial - Prelude: Party 1

Alright! I can't wait for this to start. It's gonna be awesome! So, any ideas for the team name?
Old 04-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by poke123 View Post
Alright! I can't wait for this to start. It's gonna be awesome! So, any ideas for the team name?
Working on it. I am trying to look at the SUs incase there is something in common between us all that can be used for a name. As of now, I'm not having much luck. Then again, I have only looked through a few Sign-Ups, so there is still a chance...

Hmm...if nothing else, we could go for a name like "The Pokemon Adventurers" or just "The Adventurers".
Old 04-19-2009, 02:50 AM
Ayra Calaenlen Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ayra Calaenlen

Well, we could also go for something in another language as well, that maybe means something generic.

... Or we could just type out random things that come to the top of our heads like I'm gonna do right now =D; Either way. I did notice, however, every one of the characters has at least one water type. Maybe something deal with that?

The Aquarai
Chosen Waves
Liquid Saviours

....Lawl, I fail, I know xD

Evolves at: 59.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:21 AM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayra Calaenlen View Post
Well, we could also go for something in another language as well, that maybe means something generic.

... Or we could just type out random things that come to the top of our heads like I'm gonna do right now =D; Either way. I did notice, however, every one of the characters has at least one water type. Maybe something deal with that?

The Aquarai
Chosen Waves
Liquid Saviours

....Lawl, I fail, I know xD
"The Aquarai" does sound a little cool. I think the ones like "Liquid Saviors" might be too obvious a point to Water Pokemon--we have some Water 'Mons, but I don't think we have enough to be called that (unless the plot for us is going to develop around Water Pokemon...)
Old 04-19-2009, 03:26 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

Heh, I'm honestly at a loss for a name :x

Those suggestions look pretty interesting though, Ayra ^^.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:58 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

The Story Begins

Tavler volunteers to stay behind in order to properly dock her ship. The old man agrees to assist her, stating he would slow the group down.

You follow the ranger, eyeing him with curiosity. You all pace quickly as he moves fervently forward. His feet leave deep imprints in the sand, forming a trail of dots.

You look at him. He’s tall, maybe 6’4, with a hint of black hair peeking from underneath his brown fedora. Surprisingly, his clothes appear neat, something you would not expect after he ran urgently towards you. Not even a hint of dirt mars his ranger uniform. Only a single scar down the side of his left cheek seems out of place.

He glances back towards the party. You can see a look of determination in his eyes.

“We’re in a crisis,” he informs you, calmly, “We’re under attack.”

He points down towards the beach. You scan your eyes forward, trying to pierce the coming darkness, but can’t see more than the outline of the water and the nearby trees that follow the coast.

“Ranger Outpost 1 is just up ahead,” he continues, “It’s considered to be the head outpost of the region and the location where most people will enter the Park. The Park isn’t officially open yet, but we’ll make an exception for you. After all, we need your help.”

He turns back forward, but continues talking.

“I would tell you all the details, but we don’t have much time. At this very moment, grass pokemon are attacking the outpost and all the rangers stationed there. Luckily, no civilians are around, but they are wearing us down. They managed to destroy our radio too, so we can’t call for backup. We were holding our own when I left to find you and I think we should be able to push them back.”

He gestured to the sky, “It’s starting to become dark and they will become weaker as the night wears on. Hopefully by then, we can fight them off.”

That’s when you hear an explosion ahead of you.

“Great,” the Ranger mutters and charges forward.

OOC: It's going to take a few minutes to run to the site so feel free to talk or shout as is the case. This is roleplaying too.

Also, feel free to continue discussing your party's name in OOC. You want to differentiate yourself from the other group. It also helps establish your identity.

Things will get more intense as the roleplay continues. Please include some descriptions of your character so the other party members know a bit of what you look like without having to refer back to your SU. Good luck.

Last edited by HKim; 04-19-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:06 AM
poke123 Offline

OOC: First post of the mission! Woot! haha So anyway, we need to come up with an awesome name. Possibly something in another language? Maybe Spanish?

IC:

Johnny smiled as he walked down the plank; he had finally arrived to the island. In the island he would finally be able to see how Pokemon behave in a natural habitat. He began to wonder about how differently Pokemon would act in a place where few humans had ever tread foot. Would they be more savage? More civilized? How would they respond to humans? All these questions intrigued Johnny and made him even more anxious to see the Pokemon. The soft sea breeze gently blew against Johnny’s face, causing him to feel relaxed. He ran his hand through his pitch-black hair and began to think about what he was hoping to accomplish on this island. However, the feeling of relaxation soon disappeared as a frantic man, appeared before Johnny and the other trainers. The strangely dressed man began to ask for help from the group. Johnny nodded and decided to follow the man. The other trainers seemed to do the same. The clothing that the man wore seemed familiar to Johnny. He began to rack his mind for where he had seen those clothes. Then, it came to him. The man was a Pokemon Ranger! Johnny was very excited as he ran behind the Ranger. The Ranger began to explain the situation, further exciting Johnny.

“Why are the grass Pokemon attacking?” Johnny asked the man between breaths.

Johnny was so excited for this adventure that he could barely contain himself. It made him jittery and energetic just thinking about having to fight off several rogue Pokemon. Anyone who looked at Johnny right now could tell that he was excited. His brown eyes were wide and full of excitement. His Pokemon would surely be up for the battle. They always wanted to battle, and now they would have their chance.

“Why is the Pokemon Ranger asking us for help? Is the situation that bad? I hope we can handle it,” Johnny thought.

As Johnny ran, he could hear his feet sinking into the sand then pulling free with each step. Sometimes, his steps made a sloshing noise if the sand was very moist. Johnny chuckled upon noticing this strange sound made from his jogging. Johnny then turned to the other members of the group. They had been on the boat with him, but he had not spoken to any of them because of his shyness. However, he decided that he better get to know them if they were going to work as a team.

“Hey, my name’s Johnny Rodriguez,” Johnny told the group.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Metallic Houndoom Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Metallic Houndoom

OOC: Howz about a name like The Awesome Adventurers? Lol I know it sucks...

IC: Taz stumbled down the plank, eager to get on the island, accidentally barging other trainers on the way. He thought to himself. Would I catch any rare Pokemon? Was I allowed to train here? He was eager to show off his Pokemon to the other trainers but he also wanted to see theirs. He felt the warm wind brush against his face. As he was admiring the view a man in a smart uniform came running up to him and the other trainers. Taz thought that he was probably one of the park rangers but the big scar on his cheek put him off a little. The park ranger seemed to be in trouble and explained the crisis with the group. As they all followed the ranger the ranger said they were going to be stopping some rouge grass pokemon. Taz was anxious to get into a battle and new he could easily handle grass Pokemon with his Houndoom and Weavile. As they were running Taz checked if his short brown hair was still neatly spiked up and he brushed the sand off of his hoody and jeans.

“Hey, my name’s Johnny Rodriguez,” said one of the other trainers from the group. He thought seeing as other people are introducing themselves he may aswell introduce himself.

"Hi, I'm Tarrou Lake, but everyone calls me Taz!"

Credit to EmBreon
Old 04-19-2009, 12:17 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

OOC: is it too late to add a Pokemon to our rooster? I forgot I wanted to add my hug hungry fiend Muk. Oh well

Anyway, for the name, what about "Gli Idrosolubili"? It's italian, and means "soluble in water". It came on top of my mind lol.

Anyway, other water related names: Neptune's Disciples
The H2O, as in "Heroes To Occasion", meaning that if the need arises, we become heroes lol
Percussus Impetus, it's latin and means Mirrored Impulse, or something xD. I was toying around with my dictionary, and the connection I made is: water = natural mirror, and small river(i don't know if there is a word for these, those springtime rivers that come down from mountains, due to the glaciers temporairly diminishing due to higher temperatures) anyway, small river= impetus, which means also a rash action. Tbh, I don't think it's a fitting name, expecially as my character is quite calm o0

They're all water related as I had no time to look at SU, but the reason we all have water Pokemon is that they're useful and can be used in various ways. However, I doubt anybody here is the most affectionate(character-wise, I mean) to their water Pokemon. For example, Hyacinth would be more affectionate to Kiri or Maki, if I had to "quantify" it.

IC:

As Hyacinth was off the ship, he stretched his arms wide, inhaling the clean air as he had never breathed before- and in truth, he didn't. Such clean air was inconcepible back at Nozaar, especially at the studios. The breeze brought a soft salty aroma. He liked its smell.

"Come out, Kiri!" he said as he picked a heart-dotted lavender and white Pokeball. He clicked the white button at the center, that turned red, and the sphere opened, revealing a red beam that, hitting the sandy ground beneath them, shaped into a medium sized, twin-tailed lavender feline dog, Espeon. "Isn't it nice here?"

She mewed approvingly, and held out her head, waiting for something.

"Fine fine," he said as he knelt a little- he was too tall for this- and stroked her on the head. She could be such a spoiled princess...

As he was humoring her, he took a look at his surrounding: there were plenty of people, including the ship crew, but he thought there would be more. He scratched his head, making his short black hair even messier. Shouldn't the Park be open to public now?

As he thought that, a person came hurrying to his group. He thought he was an unhabitant at first, due to his strange clothes, but quickly discarded the idea: the Park was a natural reserve, and residence was forbidden to everyone but a small group of Pokemon Rangers, that managed the Park and assisted adventurers like himelf during their short stay.

So he had to be a Ranger, Hyacinth concluded. He sighed. The way he was hurrying didn't seem very welcoming, and he had an half idea of going back on the ship. Things smelled like trouble.

The strangely dressed man said a crisis was happening and that he needed their help, then he ran back the way he came from, telling the group of trainers to follow him. They ran after him, and Hyacinth sighed again. So much for a calm and relaxing leave...

"Let's go as well, Kiri," he ordered his Espeon, that nodded, and they trailed behind the group as well.

The Ranger started explaining the situation as they ran, and Hyacinth felt slightly annoyed, but they needed all the help they could gather, so he felt compelled to go with them.

One of the people that were with Hyacinth on the ship turned to the people behind him. "My name is Johnny Rodriguez," he said.

Might as well be nice, Hyacinth thought. He seems a merry person. "I'm Hyacinth. Hyacinth Zante, nice to meet you."

Suddenly, as they were running, the loud roar of a nearby explosion echoed in the still air, and Hyacinth stood to a halt. "You know, Kiri," he said in a low tone as he heard the Ranger muttering a curse. "I think you bring me bad luck."

She mewed questioningly.

OOC:
I want to add that, if you wish your character to recognize Kiri as a Pokemon actress, you can make up shows names- I'm not good with those, I only put two in my SU lol.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Ayra Calaenlen Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ayra Calaenlen

OoC.
Lawl, I sorta like H2O xD It's watery, but at the same time it has a different meaning completely. It's sorta cute <3 And oh joy, I stink at introduction posts D= Here we go xD

BiC.
Ayra narrowed her silvery eyes slightly as she stepped off the boat, trying to get used to the darkening world that currently surrounded the small group. Her eyes, in truth, were terrible under the best situations - which was rather obvious if one were to judge by the pink-rimmed glasses that were currently sitting low on her nose - she couldn't even beging to fathom just how much of a disadvantage that may be once the darkness of night really set in. Sure, she liked the evening hours herself, but her eyes really didn't agree with that statement.

She sighed, shaking a strand of blonde hair that had fallen from its normal ponytail out of her eyes. Well, at least it was a bit of a challenge. And maybe she could rely on following the sounds of others to help her out a bit. Too bad she didn't remember to bring a flashlight... good job Ms Elf Lady, you're always prepared huh? At least the weather seemed decent. Not too hot, but not too cool either...

Though then again, Ayra didn't really even considering freezing temperatures that cold, at least, she didn't state that around people.

She stepped almost unsteadily onto the beach, the bag she had slung over her shoulder that contained her sketchpad and other such 'necessities' lightly hitting her side. Almost immediately, however, she realized she was one of the shortest ones present. Oh well, five-foot-two pride, right? She chewed on her lower lip slightly, quickly glancing around the gathered group as she tried to identify as many of their features as possible in the steadily dimming light as the ranger in charge quickly briefed them on what exactly was going on.

Grass Pokemon? Well... she had to admit her team probably wasn't the best for fighting that particular element. A ground, two water, and an ice... admittedly, her Snorunt would probably fair well considering her ice attributes, as well as her Lapras seeing he was capable of ice-based attacks, but all the same... She couldn't help but smirk slightly. Well, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Take your opponents by surprise through strategy and don't worry about the fact you're at a disdvantage otherwise.

At least the brisk stride they were going at currently wasn't too winding. One of the disadvantages of working primarily behind the scenes: it was possible to stay reasonably thin, but at the same time you tended to get out of shape.

She glanced quickly in turn as the people in her group introduced herself, trying her best to remember their names and associate them with faces. Even so, that was something she generally failed at, and she knew she was going to mess something up eventually... Oh well, might as well make herself known, right?

"Eneth nîn Ayra Calaenlen!" she said cheerfully, choosing to go by her alias name rather than her actual name of Katelynn Ladne. Even so she paused, blinking with a slight frown on her lips as she realized just what had come out of her mouth. "Oh! I'm sorry, that means 'My name is Ayra Calaenlen'... heh," she blushed slightly. What a first impression, already dropping into a language probably no one else knew. Deciding to quickly change the subject, she glanced at Hyacinth. "You have a pretty Espeon," she said. Well, nothing like subtle.

All the same, it seemed the brisk but leisurly stride couldn't really last as the sound of a large explosion rocked from ahead, causing Ayra to jump slightly in surprise and, as a result, already get behind as the others in the group began to run forward.

.... Nothing like running. She quickly adjusted her bag and took off after them, doing her best to force her legs to move quickly. As soon as I get back I am going to work on running I swear...

Evolves at: 59.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: I still don't think we have enough Water Poekmon to have a really strong tie to a Water element, but I do like the names I have seen. I agree with Ayra that "H2O" sounds okay. I also like "Percussus Impetus" and "The Adventurers" (although "H2O"/"Percussus Impetus" sounds a little better IMO)

---
IC:
Katiana Ruby, or rather Kati, listened intently to the Park Ranger, her face showing no signs of her real feelings. She actually seemed calm on the outside, almost to the point of looking bored. In truth, she was far from calm as thoughts raced through her head. As soon as she and some others had gotten off the boat Krabby and onto a well maintained harbor, this Ranger had come storming up. Ignoring the beatuty of the small waves around her or the forest nearby, Kati focused her attention on the Ranger man.

What on Poke'Earth is going on here? This Ranger dude is freaking out because the Pokemon have attacked his Ranger Station. But why? Why would Pokemon attack them? Have the Rangers been cruel or something? It makes no sense! Kati wondered to herself as the Ranger continued on. I need to get to the bottom of this, before we go and help them.

Pushing herself from up from a sitting position on the old wooden dock, Kati began to ask questions. "Excuse me, Mister Ranger. But why would Grass Pokemon attack your Ranger Station? Most Grass types are normally pretty calm. They don't just go into rages for nothing," Kati asked the older man, her hard green eyes looking his for any reaction.

The Ranger frowned, then grimaced. Looking down at the ground, he began to speak. "Well-" BOOM! Before the guy could finish his sentance, a painfully loud explosion filled the air. Oh no, thought Kati, worry starting to fill her.

"Great," the Ranger said to himself. Without waiting for them, the man took off in the direction of the explosion.

"Wonderful," muttered Kaci. Brushing a hand through her short blue hair, she let out a sigh. This was supposed to be a vacation and it was perfect except for the sudden events that had started. The sun was still shining down strongly as it slowly began its desent to nightfall. The air was very warm to Kati, something she deeply enjoyed as she loved being outside in warm climates. The skin that wasn't covered by her jeans or light blue T-Shirt was deeply tanned, a testimony to how much she liked the outdoors.

"I'm going to follow him then and find out what is going on," Kati turned to the other people beside as she said this. Slipping her silver and blue sunglasses over her eyes, Kati made sure she had all of her Pokemon with her and that her small backpack was well secured. As she started out though, a young man came running towards her. He stopped in front of the group and introduced himself as "Johnny Rodriguez".

"Hello, Johnny. I am Kaci. It is lovely to meet you. Not to be rude, but I need to catch up to that Ranger. Something fishy is going on here." Kaci gave a polite nod to Johnny and then continued on her way, running to catch up to the Ranger.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:17 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

OOC: Just a few notes. In case you don't know.

On another note, I will try to describe the NPC actions to the best of my abilities. Consider NPCs as my characters. You can observe their actions, but you cannot have them do or say things they have not already done. If you do so, you are essentially taking control of my characters.

The current time is early night. The sun has already set behind the horizon. There is still some light from whatever the sky reflects, but it is definitely the beginning of nightfall. Vision will be limited from this point forward unless you have a light source.

The moon is not visible in the sky, yet. However, you do notice that as you head towards Outpost 1, that there are several sources of light ahead of you. You can probably guess that they're from the Ranger Outpost.

The closer you approach, the closer you can make out sounds from the outpost. They pierce the calm aura of the beach. What was once the peaceful coming and going of the tide is replaced by distant shouts and screams. Every now and then you hear a large crash, as if a large wooden structure or tree had been struck and broken. More screams echo through the drifting wind.

IC:

The Ranger continues to dash forward, but begins shouting at the group over the wind rushing past their ears.

"We don't know why grass pokemon are attacking us! They just started around noon. We've tried reasoning with them, but nothing seems to be working! For some reason they just keep attacking us!"

"We're almost there!" he shouts back.

That's when things became worst. You notice a column of smoke rising ahead. The flickering grow of flames dance illuminate the trees ahead. You can't see the fire yet, but you know it's there. Something is on fire.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Metallic Houndoom Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Metallic Houndoom

Taz looked in amazement as the smoke grew thicker as they got closer. How did grass Pokemon create fire in the first place he thought. He knew just who to use for this. "Come on out Politoed!" He released the green frog-like creature onto the sand and it let out a cry. Politoed usually mucked about but it knew there was a crisis so it stayed in control, for now. "There's a fire over there Politoed, come on!" Taz yelled and the Pokemon responded by quickly hopping after the group. Politoed noticed one of the other trainers, who had introduced themselves as Hyacinth, Espeon. It started hopping next to Espeon and croaked, greeting it.

It was getting dark and Taz could faintly make out the sillouettes of the rogue Pokemon. He could also see several lights. That must be the outpost he thought. The screams coming from the outpost made him shudder but made him ever more eager to help!

Credit to EmBreon
Old 04-19-2009, 10:36 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

OOC: Dragonness, we had a little case of godmodding there, didn't we? Lol.

Btw, a question for Harry, since I kind of hoped to be put in the same group as Dragoness: say that, by any chance, she decides to use her "dream wonderland" thingy, would I be able to interact with her? As in, scenario would be more of less this:
we've set up a camp for the night. Dragoness makes her post about her dream kingdom or something, while my character iis on guard/can't sleep. In my part, would I be able to see her sleepwalking and follow her around, if anything?
In a way, it would kind of be like controlling her, but she is doing something in her dream world, so...

Oh well, forget that lol >.> I get the weirdest ideas...

IC:
As the crazy dash started again, Hyacinth heard the Ranger blabbering about Grass Pokemon gone crazy and reasoning not working. He turned to his trusted Espeon. "Sounds a little cliché, isn't it Kiri? I hope Team Rocket won't be waiting for us."

She purred approvingly. Actually, a very similiar plot- or generic idea, as things were yet to unfold- had been used in one of Psydekick early episodes. Needless to say, screenwriters were a little lazy and choose the easiest way out- it actually was interesting, pretty Kamen Rider-like, but Hyacinth thought they could've done better.

As they went nearer to the Outpost- only signs being many more lanterns hanging from trees and the Ranger shouting "We're almost there!"- things just became much worse. A smoke column arose from ahead of them- at first, just a flickering line, but it quickly grew thicker as they went nearer, and dancing embers could be spotted by a very keen eye- something which Hyacinth didn't have, unfortunatly. Despite being too far to actually feel hot, Hyacinth tried to loosen the neck of his short-sleeved shirt. He was getting a little nervous.

He began wondering if calling out Nebbia as well- her help might have been very useful soon- when a jumping merry toad-like green Pokemon leapt to Kiri's side. It cheerfully croaked at Espeon, and the lavender Psychic Pokemon seemed to like the attention, politely replying to the Politoed's greetings. "Looks like you found a fan here, girl," Hyacinth said chuckling. He shot up his gaze, looking for the tadpole's trainer, Taz probably, and was left amazed as he thought he had seen an excited and eager glint in his eyes- the light wasn't enough for him to be sure of it, through.

Hyacinth rolled his eyes. Apparently, not only the Grass Pokemon of the island were crazy...

OOC: MH, don't get it personal, but if I see a person staring at a fire like that, that's what I'd think lol.
Btw, about a name. Since this is a writing group, how about "Fabulae Textores"? Latin again, it means tales-weavers. Sounds good to me. Or Fairy (tales) Weavers.

I know, I propose a lot of names lol. I try to be original with them, at least. What do you think?

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.