Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Ayra Calaenlen Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ayra Calaenlen
Default Re: Mission Trial - Prelude: Party 1

OoC.
Fabulae Textores is sorta cool =3

BiC.
It's getting darker... shoot! By this point, Ayra was mentally cursing the fact that this 'mission' had to take place at night. Her vision was inhibited by the dark haze of the approaching nightfall, and she knew she had to of tripped over her own feet Arceus knows how many times at this point; and it wasn't even fully dark yet! At least she had somewhat managed to control her breathing during the sprint. Even though she was at the back of the running group, she hadn't completely fallen behind yet.

She could pick up bits of conversation from up ahead, and fortunately managed to at least get a part of the explanation as to what exactly was going on. Tch... grass Pokemon going wild... and to think they were normally considered docile creatures. What could have possibly gotten into them? The woman clenched her teeth and forced herself to take on another burst of speed, nearly falling over in the process. Just how much longer did they have to --

Wait a sec... was that smoke? Silvery eyes widened in surprise. The ranger had said they were dealing with fire Pokemon, so how did they...? No matter. It seemed someone had already released a Pokemon in response to the threat. A... Poliwrath? No, Politoed. Curse Giratina for this infernal eyesight! For a moment she considered releasing her own Politoed, but refrained against it. There were already two Pokemon, she believed, out already. Too many more and it may be difficult to keep track of on the sprint to the fire. Even so, that didn't stop her from wrenching the water Pokemon's Pokeball from her belt as she ran, clutching it tightly in her fist. Well, she could always be prepared.

"Does anyone... have... a Pokemon... with Flash... or something?" she called out, doing her best to continue keeping up with the group. True, there was a fire it seemed, but the flames usually didn't illuminate everything, and with the waning sunlight... well... what if someone was trapped?

Evolves at: 59.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:49 AM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: @HKim: Oops...sorry! *curls up in shame* I thought the character was more like an NPC and that you were the main one who controlled him--but that others could control him a little as well (as long as we don't go overborde--which is why I stopped the Ranger from saying anything but "Well-") I won't do that again, sorry. Question though: Does the Ranger have a name?
@DG: You wanted to be in group with me? I feel so special now...btw, idk the answer to your question, but I don't think we're going to do to much sleeping. Even if we do, you don't have to bunny if I just take you with me--but the problem then would be how to play in Dreamland without holding up the RP :(
---
IC:

Kati continued running behind the tall Ranger, determined to keep up with his long strides. As they went further towards the Ranger Station, Kati's panting turned into a gasp. A thick strand of gray-black smoke was raising into the air. She could just see it in the growing darkness. She could barely smell the smoke now, but she was sure that she would be able to very soon. Right where the smoke was, Kati also she swore she saw the orange glow of either one large fire or several small ones. It was hard to tell from that distance.

Hoping fervently that they were not to late, Kati pushed herself to run faster. The problem with this is that the glowing sun had just lowered itself out of sight. It wasn't pitch black out, but it was still fairly dark. So dark that Kati never saw the large tree branch laying on the grass before she hit it. Pitching forward with a yelp, she landed on the soft ground. Letting out a small curse, she struggled up, rubbing over a growing bruise on her left arm.

"Stupid me," Kati muttered, as she carefully picked herself up. As she did that, she heard a young woman's voice somewhere to her right, asking about a Pokemon with Flash. Turning, Kati was able to make out the pretty girl who's voice it was. Kati also took a good look at the people in her group. She hadn't payed them too much attention since they got off the Krabby, but she figured if they were going to work together, then she better take a quick look over them now.

Observing the people around her as Kati decided to answer the girl before jogging to get to the Ranger Station. "I have a Jolteon. She does not have Flash, but she can light your way for a little while." Kati quickly slipped a Poke'Ball out of her jean's pocket. One contained her Jolteon. Throwing the ball towards the grass, it opened in a burst of purple light.

"Alright, Snookerdoodle." Kati called the Jolteon by her given name. "Put your powers of lightning around you fur so you can light the way for her." Snookerdoodle nodded and then closed her eyes. In a flash, the Electrical Pokemon's body shone as if small bolts of lightning were all over it. The light only reached out for a few feet, but it was better than nothing. Unless someone else had a Pokemon with Flash, then Snookerdoodle would have to help...Ayra? I think I recall her saying her name when we back at the Krabby, Kati thought as Snookerdoodle ran off towards Ayra.

Even though they seemed to be getting close to the Ranger Station and its lights, it was still dark. It didn't take much thought for Kati to start following Snookerdoodle. I hope Ayra doesn't mind me hanging with her, but I should be close to Snookerdoodle, Kati thought as she kept on running. She truely had no idea what the girl would say or what the girl was thinking. She didn't even know if Snookerdoodle would be welcomed by Ayra or not, but it was worth a try.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:02 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

oOC: no, Dragoness, I mean you go to your world in the dream plane, while I see you sleepwalking or something in this. Thus why I said "following", even if it seems it led to small incomprehension. Nevermind that anyway ^.^

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:18 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

OOC: Mmm, unless Kati sleepwalks while she is "dreaming" than, I don't know if Hyacinth can follow her. Hyacinth, you don't have psychic abilities if I recall, right? Regardless, we'll see if you guys head to this dream world. Kati, when you go to sleep and attempt to go there, let me know. It isn't going to be as easy as you think. I'm not bunnying your character, there is just something else in play.

Yes Kati, he indeed has a name. Good catch. He just hasn't decided to tell you guys or he didn't hear you asking. Feel free to inquire in character though. He's a nice guy.

Feel free to take all the time you need in deciding a name. It's not like we're running anyway *joke*.

Oh and Hyacinth, don't worry, it's not Team Rocket. I would not dare use them in something as utterly terrible as this. Let's just say that this Mission will not be like the cartoon, but something darker. Or rather, death is very possible in this game.

IC:

Jolteon's electrical light did help light the way as the group charged forward. Although only a few feet ahead were visible, it made moving easier. The ranger himself nearly tripped on a round stone poking up from the sand, but luckily managed to keep his balance.

He pointed forward towards a rocky ledge that lifted slightly above the beach. From the looks of things, this was where the beach ended and the edge of the forest began. Moving closer, you noticed a rough path had been carved out of this ledge, inclining upwards towards the trees.

The ranger quickly clambered up the ramp, paused, then turned around and helped anyone who was struggling up. His dark eyes betrayed no emotion.

At this point, you can clearly hear the crackling of the fire. Trees and underbrush seemed to have ignited and flame danced clearly ahead. Among the flickers you notice several shadows rushing about. Grunts and shouts, the sounds of battle, rage ahead.

The ranger pointed to the flames, "That's where the outpost should be. Careful. When I left, we were still fighting. I don't think that has stopped."

After ensuring that everyone has made it on top of the ridge, he shouts, "Follow me!" And charges down a 4 foot-wide dirt trail straight ahead.

If you follow him, the outpost appears before you.

In short, everything is chaos.

There are two situations that you notice. They happen simultaneously.

A team of rangers, maybe seven, continue to struggle against various grass pokemon in a massive free-for-all.

You notice a Ivysaur crash forward against a Cyndaquil, using its vines to whip the pokemon from both sides. It growls ferociously, sending a chill down your spine.

"Cyndaquil!" the ranger cries, as Cyndaquil stumbles to the side and faints.

The Ivysaur takes no notice however. And charges forward at the fallen pokemon. You can see that Ivysaur itself is limping from a burned foot, but seems to strangely be ignoring the pain.

But Cyndaquil does not move. It lays there in the Ivysaur's path.

Just before the Ivysaur strikes the fire pokemon, the Ranger jumps forward into the way. The two bodies collide and the Ranger flies backwards, landing face down. Scratches mark his face, adding blood to the sweat already upon it.

"Cyn... Cyndaquil," he mumbled, half-conscious, "return."

A flash of red light engulfed the fire pokemon into the lone pokeball in the ranger's hand.

"That.... that's my last one," he whispers, then passes out. The pokeball rolls out of his hand.

Looking over, you notice Ivysaur has rebounded from the attack, as if nothing has happened. Worse yet, it seems to have been joined by a Gloom and a Leafeon. And they stare madly at the fallen ranger.

Ivysaur's bud upon its back begins to glow.

At the same time, you notice are the flames. Most of the fire is among the pine trees and bushes near the outpost. Dark plumes of smoke rise from the plants, darkening the sky. The fires themselves seem to provide the only light and the night is red.

The fires have also managed to catch hold of one of the nearly-complete wooden structures rising from the ground. In this case, it appears to be a two-story building built primarily out of logs. The portion of the roof nearest the burning trees is on fire and appears to be slowly spreading.

And then, you spot the cause. Between the burning building and the burning forest appears to be a gnarled, twisted metallic tube laying horizontally across. It has cracked open, almost splitting in half. Clearly its contents had exploded outwards, likely igniting everything in the vicinity.

And more. You see the wounded.

"Medic!" a young male ranger calls out, his arms pressing desperately on a fellow ranger's leg. The wounded ranger screams in agony, and you notice that his entire body is splattered with blood. A small pool has already formed underneath the leg.

An older woman, dressed in a lab coat, rushes forward from the building.

"What's wrong," she demands of the ranger, then ignores him and quickly looks over the wounded ranger. "Shrapnel wound to the leg; severe bleeding," she states calmly.

The woman looks around, spotting the party. She points at you.

"I need two of you to help me bring this man into the infirmary," she orders. "We need to stop the bleeding now."

OOC: In addition to the Ivysaur and the Ranger, 6 other Rangers that you can see, are battling various grass pokemon. They seem to be struggling against the pokemon, but unlike the Ranger who fought the Ivysaur, they are holding their own. To give a summary though, here are the current match-ups:

Houndoom vs. Tropius and Cacnea
Skarmory vs. Grovyle
Starmie and Staryu vs. Roserade
Charmander vs. Lileep
Koffing vs. Seedot
Noctowl and Bidoof vs. Skiploom and Sunflora

The Infirmary is the building that the old woman just came out of. You can see through the door that several cots have been set up and there is at least one other wounded ranger inside. It isn't a modern medical facility, but it does have more features than your local cabin.

The question is now. What do you do?

Oh, and I have the wonderful chance to provide you with your first objective. How you achieve it is up to you.

Objectives

1. Assist Ranger Outpost 1
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 04-21-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Metallic Houndoom Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Metallic Houndoom

The party rushed forward, but only to find chaos. The two story building made entirely out of logs was blazing and the embers were spreading fast. We have to do something Taz thought. He noticed several of the rangers fighting of various, angry looking grass Pokemon. He saw one ranger get knocked out by wounded Ivysaur, trying to protect his unconscious Cyndiquil.

"Medic!" Taz hears a ranger shout as he desperately tries to stop another injured ranger from bleeding. An women in a lab comes rushing out of the blazing building and notices the rangers. She mumbled something under her breath but Taz was too far away to hear.

"I need two of you to help me bring this man into the infirmary," she orders. "We need to stop the bleeding now." Taz wasn't paying attention and didn't realize she was talking to the group.

Taz looked from side to side at the other rangers to see who would move first. He thought that he might mess up whilst helping and thought it was best to help with the fire and Pokemon.

"You ready Politoed?" he asked the confused Pokemon. Politoed croaked in approval and nodded looking determined. "I want you to help put out the fires.!" he ordered.

Taz and Politoed rushed over to the building avoiding the inferno. "Okay use Hydro Pump!" he shouted. Politoed inhaled a huge breath and released a enormous jet of clear water. It made contact with the flames and put out alot. "Okay keep using Hydro Pump Politoed, and try to put out as much as you can." Politoed nodded and kept on shooting water.

Taz noticed one of the close by rangers Houndoom fighting a rogue Tropius and Cacnea. I'd better go and help. "I'll be right back Politoed!" Taz joined the other ranger who was bellowing commands at the tired looking Houndoom. "Need some help?" Taz asked pulling out a Pokeball.

"Please," the ranger said in relief.

"Okay, go Houndoom!" Taz shouted and a Houndoom similar looking to the rangers appeared in a flash of blood red light. He was thinking about using Weavile too but the fire could cause it some serious damage.

He looked back at Politoed but it was having trouble. The fire was spreading far too quickly for Politoed to do on his own. I wonder if any of the other trainers have any water Pokemon with them? "Hey, has anyone got any water Pokemon to help me put out the flames?" he shouted over to the group? As he waited for a response he issued Houndoom a command. "Okay Houndoom, I want you to help out the other trainers Houndoom fight that Tropius and Cacnea." Houndoom nodded anxiously, ready for a brawl. "Use Flamethrower on Tropius!" Taz shouted. Houndoom breathed in and let loose a flurry of blazing flames straight towards the ferocious Tropius.

Credit to EmBreon
Old 04-20-2009, 05:56 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: guys, nevermind what I said in the previous OoC about following draogness -.- as I said, I ge tthe weirdest ideas.

BTW, Harry, wouldn't it be better if you put a link at our SU in the beginning? This way, we can always quickly check something if needed, without having to search it around
Ayra1 Ayra2
Mine
Shen
Poke
Metallic Houndoom
Dragoness

I've grouped them here for now, but I'd like a link in the first post, maybe near our character names.

IC:

Hell broken loose? That's an understatement- especially because this hell was not only hot and fiery, but full of crazy vegetable-like Pokemon. Hyacinth felt uneasy in the heat, and would've preferred to get away from it. He snapped out of his daze as he heard a woman voice asking for help. He turned, and saw a woman in a lab coat- a doctor or medic probably- carrying a ranger into the building. It was quite obvious she needed help, but so did everybody else in that blazing inferno. And Hyacinth wasn't exactly an expert when it came down to nursing people. He knew a little first aid, he had learned it back when he was young and did some volunteer work in a hospital, and had learned how to tend to his own work-related injuries, but from there to do a nurse's job, well, a train passed through.

He looked around- seemed that Taz had joined the rangers in the attempt to fend off the crazy grass Pokemon. Good, Hyacinth thought, he's quick. He mused if joining him as well, as he said he needed other water Pokemon to assist him, but then again, he didn't fancy the heat or the flames.

What a problematic choice. He turned back and forth between the "infirmary" and the battlefield, and in the end opted for the infirmary. There would be enough people to help the guys outside, and the wounded needed all the help they could muster.

"I'm gonna help inside!" he shouted at his group as he ran to the building the medic entered in. "Kiri, return for now," he added, holding out her Pokeball and calling her back in. The more people there were out, the easier it was to get wounded, so for now, until necessity called, she'd be better off in the safety of her Pokeball.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: Okay, no problem :) I thought that the dreamland might be a problem anyway, so I wasn't really planning on using it very much/at all.

If you need my SU for some reason, then go here
---
IC:

A welcomed breeze flowed over Kati's warm skin as she carefully climbed the small, rocky ledge. The breeze also helped blow some of the sick odor of smoke away that was drifitng down the ledge. Slowly pushing her away up the ledge, Kati stopped as the Ranger pulled himself onto some ramp like thing. Refusing his help up the ramp, Kati started to ask the man what his name was--it had been bugging her for a while that he didn't tell--but stopped abruptly in shock.

In front of her was a horrible scene. Several rangers were locked in battle with multiple Grass Pokemon. They did not seem to be losing, but they weren't really winning either. As Kati looked on at the battles, she wondered something to herself. Why aren't the Grass Pokemon fainting? There are a couple Fire Pokemon out here, like that small Charmander I see over there, but it's like the Grass Pokemon are resisting them or something. It could just be me, but I would think that the Grass types should be, well, weaker. What on Earth is going on here! Annoyed at not being able to solve this mystery, Kati grimly started forward to help as the Ranger muttered something about the fightning.

The next thing Kati knew, a large Ivysaur battling a Cyndaquil had come out of nowhere. The Ranger hurled himself into the path of a massive Ivysaur. It appeared he had done it to protect his poor Cyndaquil. "No!" Kati yelled in anger as the Ranger seemed to faint after the Ivysaur smacked him. Before he fainted, he pulled his Pokemon back in. Running forward, she bent down and checked the man's pulse. He was alive.

With a relieved sigh, Kati stood up and took a step back. As she did, she felt her sneaker hit something small and round, causing her to fall over. Pushing herself back up, Kati grabbed the thing she had tripped over. It was a small red Poke'Ball. The Ranger's Poke'Ball! Pausing for a minute, Kati slowly slid the Poke'Ball into her pocket. I'll give it to him when he comes around, she decided as a woman came running out from a large building.

The woman gave orders for help inside the infirmry. A boy from Kati's group called out the group that he'd help her and started towards the building. Kati deicded that it was best to put the Fire out first, or otherwise the people inside the building would surely die from the flames and smoke.

There was a problem though. The Ivysaur was still near the knocked-out Ranger and the bulbs on its back had started to glow. Kati tried to think as fast as she could. She needed to protect the Ranger, but she also needed to stop the fires. Deciding on a plan, Kati went forward a few feet to the Ranger.

Throwing forward two Poke'Balls, her Arcanine, Growly and her Gyarados, Larry came out. "Growly! I need you to stay beside this Ranger and help him if he is attacked! I can't be beside you the whole time, but you're smart. We've been together for years, so you I know you can protect him and yourself if the Ivysaur attacks or something." Growly nodded, sitting her small red body, much like a dog, beside the Ranger. Growly was very strong, so Kati hoped that the Fire Pokemon could handle the Ivysaur and his pals. At least hold them off long enough for the other Rangers and Kati's group to help.

Trying to avoid looking the other ranger, the one covered in blood to her side, Kati looked at Larry. "Larry, I need you to use Hydro Pump on that building! We need to stop the fires!" Larry nodded. Turning around to face the building, he started sending out streams of blue water at the flames, dousing several of them. He wasn't alone either. Someone else from Kati's group--Taz?--had also used his Water Pokemon on the fire. After a few minutes of blasting his heavy Hydro Pump, it looked like most of the flames had been put out. Kati could be wrong, but she wanted to help in the battle, so she pulled Larry back into his Poke'Ball and sent out Snookerdoodle, her Jolteon. The Jolteon had been put up as they got to the ledge. They really didn't need her anymore as the light from the fires and from the Ranger Station lit the way well enough.

Looking around, Kati was able to see a heavy fight going on between two Water Pokemon, Starmie and Staryu, and a Roserade. A plan formed in Kati's head as she hurried over to help the two Water Pokemon. Snookerdoodle followed her.
--
OOC: I don't really know what you're going to do with the Ranger/Ivysaur. It seemed odd to just leave him there while the Ivysaur looked like it was about to do something (and unless I was greatly mistaken, it seemed as if he was just going to be left there while you tried to help out the more badly hurt ranger before he bled to death). So I decided to just leave Growly there for now, in hopes he can hold them off until reinforcements come.

Last edited by Dragoness; 04-20-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: TYPOS!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:32 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

OOC: Good observation! Indeed, it appears the Ivysaur is indeed charging to attack the fallen Ranger. There isn't much time before it attacks.

Please feel free to post short OOC posts like this one if you have any questions or want me to clarify some details. It has been awhile since I've roleplayed so I'm a bit rusty. I'll try to clarify as best I can.

The building on fire and the infirmary are not the same building, but they are close enough that, given time, one will surely ignite the other.

I misnumbered the Rangers. There are a total of 6 battles that you can see. This does not include Ivysaur.

Also, let me know if you use any grass pokemon. It shall be interesting.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Ayra Calaenlen Offline
Amateur Trainer

OoC.
Quick question, about how close is this area to the ocean? Sorry if it was already mentioned and I missed it D= I just need to know seeing that'll determine whether or not it's a good idea to use Jecht considering he would really bode well if he's stuck sitting on the beach with how huge Lapras are.

BiC.
Ayra sent an extremely grateful glance in Kati's direction as she had her Jolteon come over to help light the way a bit. She gave a brief nod, a smile touching her lips in the electrical light as a thank you as she called out a somewhat strained, "Thank... you!" Well, from the looks of it though, they were nearing the area they were needed in. She could stop running soon!

She hurried across the ramp after the ranger, trying to shove a few strands of her blonde hair out of her eyes as she continued to try and keep up the pace she was going at. Then confusion broke out. She was torn between trying to assess the current damage and what exactly everyone else was doing. She lost sight of the ranger at one point as her eyes widened at the sight of the fires. She only just caught sight of the ranger again as the man took a hit for his Cyndaquil, a startled gasp coming to her lips as she took a momentary step forward to help, though it seemed the girl who had had her Jolteon light the way was already on top of that judging by the fact she had released her Arcanine.

"Good..." she breathed, pausing momentarily to catch her breath. She could hear a woman in a lab coat shouting nearby about needing aide, but it seemed that only one individual so far had responded to her call. She clenched her teeth. Well, she knew where she was going then. Just as soon as she at least started to help the 'war effort' a bit.

"Nyello, Olossė!" she called, throwing the Pokeball she had grabbed while she was running in addition to another one of the four around her waist. Immediately, a pastel-coloured frog appeared with a loud croak, complete with some sort of seaweed garb of his own design he had decided to make before they reached the island. He cocked his head to the side and almost seemed to start laughing, clapping his hands together as he jumped from side to side.

The smaller, cone-shaped Pokemon that joined him was considerably more reserved than her larger 'partner'. She merely sat and gazed up at her mistress with the obvious look of a Pokemon awaiting orders.

"Nyello..." she paused for a moment as she looked at the Politoed. She had been debating on calling upon Rain Dance, but now that she thought of it... there were fire Pokemon out. Such a wide-based attack, while possibly being effective when it came to putting out the fires, would prove to be hindering to the fire Pokemon and would put the rangers and the others fighting at an even further disadvantage. She cursed something beneath her breath. Well then, plan B. "I want you to use Mud Shot, focus on the fires. We have plenty of water from the others already but we need to make sure they don't start up again if any embers are missed!"

The Politoed croaked again, almost seeming to laugh at something Ayra and Olossė failed to see, but hopped off towards the fires. As soon as he came within range, he began kicking up sand and whatever else he could possibly get up from the ground and opened his mouth to release a large stream of water to power the make shift 'mud' towards the fires. Hey, it was messy, but at least suffocating any embers beneath the substrate may prove effective.

Ayra now turned to her Snorunt after focusing on a fight that had yet to be tended to: the Sunflora and Skiploom who were fighting the Noctowl and Bidoof. "Olossė, focus on the Skiploom and Sunflora," the woman said, spekaing quickly as she gave her orders. "Start with Double Team, maybe try to distract the Lileep as well, but alternate between Ice Fang and Icy Wind whenever possible. Try to keep them guessing."

The Snorunt gave a small inclination of her head, earning a smile from her trainer as she quickly hobbled off. Her body seemed to flicker for a moment before a copy of herself appeared running beside her, then another, and another, before there was a tiny army of Snorunt illusions charging for the Skiploom and Sunflora. Most of them seemed to focus on that particular pair, starting to hobble in a circle as the real Olossė opened her mouth to released a brilliant funnel of cold wind from her mouth in the direction of the two Pokemon, though a few of the illusions seemed to have strayed close to the Lileep as well, moving in the same circular pattern that their creator did, though it seemed that they were trying to gain the fossil Pokemon's attention to give the Charmander it was fighting a chance to get a good retaliation in as well.

Taking note that her Pokemon were doing as told, Ayra quickly charged forward in the direction of the woman. She bent down quickly, briefly wishing she had thought of catching a Pokemon that may have been a decent heavy lifter. "I'm here to help..." she said quickly. "Just tell me what to do ma'am."

Old 04-20-2009, 11:58 PM
poke123 Offline

OOC: I think Fabulae Textores sounds like an awesome name.

IC:

Johnny smiled at each person as they introduced themselves. They all seemed friendly enough. He might even make a few new friends on this journey. As they continued running, the sun began to disappear, causing darkness to engulf the island. Johnny sighed as he realized they would be running in the dark. Suddenly, as the ranger was trying to talk, a column of smoke was visible in the distance.

*A fire?* thought Johnny, * I thought we were up against grass types. I wonder what happened.*

After a few more minutes of running, the beach ended and they entered a forest. The grass and leaves rustled as Johnny and the group stepped on them. As he got closer to the outpost, Johnny could hear more and more yelling and fighting. He grabbed Swampy’s Pokeball just in case. He wanted to be prepared for anything. The sight at the outpost was horrific. One of the buildings had been set ablaze, slowly weakening the wooden structure. There were several grass Pokemon fighting against other rangers. A nurse came out of a building, which Johnny assumed was the infirmary, and began to help an injured ranger with the help of Hyacinth. Johnny looked around quickly, wondering how he could help. At first, he wanted to fight the grass Pokemon, but he soon realized that the fire was a problem. He ran over to the fire and threw two Pokeballs at the ground before him. A large blue Pokemon emerged from one, scratching the fins on his head. He then looked around and was aghast when he saw the fire. From the other Pokeball emerged a small, brown rock. From one of the larger cracks that snaked its way across the surface of the rock emerged a gaseous purple cloud. Its green eyes stared blankly at Johnny, wondering what it was doing amid the chaos.

“Swampy, I need you to try and put the water out with your Hydro Pump. Casper, I need you to help out too,” Johnny instructed his Pokemon.

The Swampert nodded and opened his mouth towards the fire, releasing a clear jet of ice-cold water, causing steam to rise when it hit the fire. Casper just stared at Johnny, wondering what he was supposed to do. At the same time, Taz, Kati and Ayra’s Pokemon were trying to extinguish the flames.

“Alright, Casper, what I want you to do is use Psychic on the source of those flames. There are quite a few fires here, so I just want you to do one at a time. What you should try to do is concentrate on the small portion of the fire that feeds the rest. Then, encircle it with Psychic, making a sort of force field. Make sure no air can get in that force field. That way, that part of the fire will extinguish itself once the oxygen in the force field has been used,” Johnny told his ghost.

Casper seemed confused, but got the basic idea of what Johnny was trying to say. His eyes began to glow in a soft blue color and a small force field surrounded the base of one of the fires. The fire inside the force field flickered for a few seconds before extinguishing itself. The rest of the fire also began to die down, since the source had been extinguished.

“Can you guys handle this?” Johnny asked his two Pokemon.

They both nodded and Johnny turned to the grass Pokemon. Now that Swampy and Casper were helping with the fire, he could help fight the grass Pokemon.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:15 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

OOC: Okay, as DG suggested, I have added links to everyone's names in order to make it easier to look up each other's characters.

As for the location of Outpost 1, it is about 500 meters from the shore. 200 meters of forest to a rocky clearing. The clearing is 100 meters and the beach is 200 meters. So reachable, but not necessarily next to it.

Since people are doing different actions, I'll be splitting up the viewpoints for each setting.

IC:

Houndoom, Houndoom vs. Tropius, Cacnea

Taz's Houndoom unleashes a fury of fire upon the Tropius. Brazeningly, however, Tropius charges forward through the flames, the fire burning its neck and chest into a smoky black. A direct hit!

The giant pokemon shrieks in rage and lunges forward at the Houndoom. A second later, its massive frame falls forward towards the fire pokemon.

Houndoom closes its mouth, shutting up the stream of flames as Tropius starts to slam down upon it. It glances to both sides, before leaping to the right out of the way. Unfortunately, it was not fast enough to avoid the entirety of Tropius' bulk and its back half is caught, sending Houndoom crashing into the ground.

Taz's Houndoom: 76%

At this time, Cacnea lunges forward over Tropius back, aiming its arms directly at the Ranger's Houndoom. A barrage of spiky needles shoot forth from the plant.

"Houndoom!" the Ranger cries, "Dodge it!"

Houndoom jumps back, avoiding the first round of missiles, the needles "plinking" lightly off the ground.

However, it was not so lucky with the second round. Several sharp needles aimed at where Houndoom had lept to, struck the fire pokemon in the face. Houndoom howls in pain and begins thrashing about.

"No Houndoom!" the Ranger orders, "Focus on Cacnea! Fire Fang!"

Bloodied, the Houndoom struggles to open its eyes. Taz, you can see that its obviously in pain and won't last much longer. But, ever obedient, a small fire ignites in Houndoom's mouth, glowing fiercely. It charges forward, scampering wildly at Cacnea.

Cacnea screams wildly and brings its arms up to attack, but is too slow. In an instant, Cacnea is caught within the jaws of Houndoom. It cries out as it struggles to free itself.

The Infirmary

The old woman looks at the two of you, quickly taking you both in.

"I'm Doctor Yin," she introduces herself curtly. "I need to treat this man, but I can't do it here. Not without risking him to infection and who knows what pokemon may attack us next."

She points to the building she just came out of.

"Help me take him to the infirmary." she orders. "You (Ayra), lift his shoulder. You (Hyacinth) take his torso, and Ranger Nelson, I want you to lift his legs. Do your best to hold pressure to that wound. It will prevent blood loss. Keep his head up. I don't want to risk a neck injury."

"If only we had a stretcher," she mumbles to herself.

She quickly stands up and strides into the building.

"There are not enough beds and not enough medicine for this!" she angrily shouts out. You two suspect she's talking to herself.

You carefully lift up the ranger, ensuring that you don't injure him in the process and walk inside, carefully climbing up the few steps. The ranger moans as you lift him, but doesn't say anything else. His blood is all over the place and it gets on your hands, arms, and clothes.

As you carry him in, you notice the infirmary to be large, but under furnished. The building itself is as large as two classrooms, but in the room are only four beds. Two of the beds are occupied by wounded rangers. Various injured pokemon lay about the third bed, except for the Scyther resting on the ground. Looking closely, you can see that its entire body has been cut up by thousands and thousands of thin slices. You can't help but grimace as you think about how much it would hurt.

"Over here!" Yin calls as she finishes preparing the last bed. The three of you manage to lay the ranger upon it safely. At this, the doctor sets to work. She tears strips of bandage cloth with her teeth and begins to wildly, yet carefully wrap the wound, stemming the blood loss.

"We'll have to operate later," she mutters. "He's too low on blood."

She doesn't look up, continuing to bandage the wound.

"You two," she says sharply, "Any of you have medical training or experience? Yes or no. If you do, assist me. If you don't, get out of the infirmary and out of the way."

At this, she finishes the bandage, and rushes to one of the cabinets. Her hands open them up, and you can hear the shuffle of various glass and plastic bottles being sorted through.

At this, the ranger in the bed over suddenly wakes up.

"Oh God. Oh God," he cries, his eyes dilating, "It's terrible! They're coming, they're coming for us all!"

Dirt and blood cake his face. His leg seems to be stuck in a makeshift splint and his abdomen is bandaged tightly. But as he glances wildly around the room, his eyes fall upon Ayra and Hyacinth. He looks deeply at you and panic overcomes him.

"You must warn them!" he shouts at you. "You must help me! They're coming and they won't stop! They've overwhelmed us! It's may be too late! There isn't much time!"

At this, he forces himself to sit up, as if emphasizing the urgency of his news. As he sits up, however, you notice something different. All the rangers, including the one who brought you here, had a patch starting "Ranger Outpost 1". This man's patch says "Ranger Outpost 4."

Growly vs. Ivysaur, Gloom, and Leafeon

"Growly! I need you to stay beside this Ranger and help him if he is attacked! I can't be beside you the whole time, but you're smart. We've been together for years, so you I know you can protect him and yourself if the Ivysaur attacks or something." Growly nodded, sitting her small red body, much like a dog, beside the Ranger.

As soon as she said that, Kati looked away, ordering her Gyrados, Larry, to assist in putting out the fires. Then she hurried over to assist another ranger.

Leafeon and Gloom stared menacingly at Growly. Neither side moved, though the air was tense. Ivysaur's bud continued to glow. Were they waiting for something.

Then, just as Growly realized what was going on, Ivysaur screamed.

The bud burst forth, shooting a stream of light and energy at the fallen ranger Growly was protecting. That was what the three pokemon were waiting for. Ivysaur needed time to charge a Solar Beam at night.

The ranger, unconscious, does not move.

OOC: Note that even though you are not near your own pokemon, you do control them still. Consider them as minor characters that you can still control and determine actions for. Yes, you're not giving them orders, so that means that the pokemon will act according to his or her own training and personality. That means additional roleplaying.

This way, I'm not taking complete control of your pokemon and you can better roleplay how they would act in a situation without their trainer around. Kati, in your case, your Growly is the lone pokemon facing off against three grass types. Ivysaur has just launched a Solar Beam and the ranger. What does Growly do?

IC:

Olossė, Noctowl, Bidoof vs. Skiploom, Sunflora

An army of Snorunt suddenly appeared out of nowhere and charged Skiploom and Sunflora. Sunflora, which had been pounding upon Bidoof, slid back away from the Bidoof and unleashes a hail of bullet-like seeds upon the Snorunt, launching them from the petals outlining its face.

Several seeds struck true, hitting many of the Snorunt. The Snorunt, when hit, suddenly disappeared, as if they weren't there.

The Sunflora frowns deeply, then launches another round of seeds. More Snorunt disappear. Just as it's about to launch a third attack, the Olossė pops up in front of it and Skiploom and launched a chilling wind at the two pokemon. Sunflora cries, covering its face with its leaves. Small icicles form on the plant, covering its body in a tiny sheet of ice.

Skiploom, however, extremely light, is blown away by the gust.

"Skiploom!" it yells angrily as it tumbles into the air and flies into the forest, disappearing from sight.

The Ranger, seeing the opportunity, quickly orders her pokemon to attack. Seconds later, Bidoof and Noctowl pounce upon the nearly frozen Sunflora, unleashing claws and teeth.

The Sunflora, badly scratched, bitten, and frozen; passes out.

As for Lileep, it ignores the Snorunt near it and continues to attack Charmander.

The Fire

Politoed heaved before spouting a powerful stream of water at the burning building. Its strength paid off as the water easily reached the flames. However, the fire continued to burn, defying the frog-like pokemon.

His efforts however, soon were boosted by Larry, Kati's Gyarados. The two water pokemon shot out blast after blast of water, targeting the flames eating away the wooden building. Streams of white smoke burst forth as the flames sizzled out.

Behind them appeared three more pokemon to combat the blaze: another Politoed, Nyello; a Swampert, Swampy; and Spiritomb, Casper. These three turned towards the forest, now blazing aflame in black smoke.

Nyello, began kicking up large piles of dirt, blasting them with water into the fire. The resulting mud covered the burning bushes, smothering various ground-level fires. Swampy assisted, attacking the trees with large streams of water erupting from his mouth. Freezing water, shot forth, soaking the leaves and trunks.

Casper, shot out, seeming to dance eerily in the wind. His blue glowing eyes focused on one of the larger fires, and suddenly the flames began to die out. They sputtered, struggling to reach out, but choked to death on their own fumes. Soon the flames flickered out.

Between the five pokemon, the entire building had been extinguished as well as a portion of the forest fire. However, by this time, the fire seems to be spreading to other parts of the forest away from the station. It isn't out of control yet, but, left unchecked, could spread across the island.

Suddenly, one of remaining on trees suddenly releases a sharp "crack!" The fire at its base had weakened the trunk and it falls forward toward Nyello and Swampy. Its leaves and trunk blaze with fire as it drops towards the two water pokemon on the ground.

OOC: Like Kati's pokemon, your pokemon too must respond to this without a trainer's supervision. How do they react?

Wow, that was long. Let me know if I missed anything.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:54 AM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: I think Fabulae Textores is a very cool name. We might wanna pick a name somewhat soon though--and my vote is going for that name.
---
[b]IC:{/b]
Kati watched with horror as the great Ivysaur opened its large mouth, releasing a stream of pale light at the unconscience Ranger. The other two Pokemon beside it seemed to hold back, thankfully. Those two Grass Pokemon just watched as Ivysaur attacked. I have rarely seen Pokemon attack humans and that almost always in self-defense or because they feel threatened or something. And I don't know how on Poke'Earth Growly is going to really withstand those attacks for long, Kati wondered.

Kati did not have to wonder for long. Growly had been watching the Ivysaur, waiting for an attack. When the attack came, Growly was ready. Leaping into action, she sent a thick stream of orange and red fire at the Ivysaur's Solar Beam. It hit the end of the Solar Beam, pushing it towards the ground. It lost some of its power when it pushed into the dirt, but what remained of the beam swong back and smacked into Growly. With a yelp, Growly went flying backwords a couple feet, landing on her fiery back.

Pushing herself back up, Growly looked over the Ivysaur, anger in her pale blue eyes. With a deep throated growl, she opened her mouth and released another stream of purple and red fire directed solely at the Ivysaur.

Kati watched this, worry still creeping into her. Growly seemed okay so far, but she would need help soon. It wasn't always a good idea to send out all of your Pokemon at once, but it was needed now. Growly was maybe a hundred feet away, perhaps a little more. Pulling out a small Poke'Ball from her pocket, Kati threw it in front of her. In a flash of blue light, Weepinbell appeared. "Bell! I need you to assist Growly! I suggest you use Sleeping Powder, Posion Powder or perhaps Slam! Go now, please!" Kati cried out to her Pokemon.
Bell nodded and ran over to help Growly, moving as fast as her two root-like legs could take her.

As Bell reached Growly, she slowed to take a closer look at the four Pokemon. She registered that Growly was trying some fire attack like Flamethrower on the huge Ivysaur. That still left the other Pokemon though. Bell hurried beside her good buddy Growly and directed her focus on the Pokemon, mainly the Ivysaur. Closing her deep green eyes, Bell sent out a light stream of silver glitter from her mouth towards the other Pokemon. It was her Sleeping Powder.

Kati watched with satisfaction as Bell got to Growly safely. Turning around, she behold two new things. One was a battle between a young Ranger using his Water Pokemon and battling Roserade. The other thing was that Larry had was trying to snake his way over to a falling tree. It was going to land on two other Pokemon if they didn't move. Larry was having problems moving fast though and it looked doubtful he would get there in time to help them.

Larry is so sweet. He always tries to help others, Kati mused as she hurried over to the battling Ranger, Snookerdoodle following her.

As she reached the Ranger, Kati quickly began to ask him a question. "Look, I am Kati. Please have your Pokemon hit these Grass Types with a water attack," she hissed at him, keeping her voice low but hearable as she was only a foot away from the man. "When you do that, I will use Thunder on them and it will zap them. Much more powerful then just using Thunder on its own, you see?"
-

Last edited by Dragoness; 04-21-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: I was tired when I made this post *yawn*
Old 04-21-2009, 12:35 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: another name: The Merry-Go-Around.
Based on how we roleplayed until now, we seemed pretty happy-go-lucky( at least, compared to the other group lol). For me, any name goes tbh.

IC:
The woman presented herself as Doctor Yin, and ordered Hyacinth and Ayra to help carry the wounded ranger. Hyacinth looked around himself, wondering just how the hell the fire had started- a mistargeted fire attack, maybe?- but quickly shook off the thought, realizing it wasn't the moment to wonder about those things. He saw that it was somewhat under control at the moment, so there was no need to call out Nebbia, but nevertheless he realized it was a bit selfish and too cautious of himself to not send out any Pokemon to help. He pondered for a moment where to help first: the Koffing seemed to be faring well, having sent a smoke barrage at the acorn Pokemon it was facing, and using a hit-and-run strategy now. However, the Seedot changed its own strategy, and focused on eightening its defenses. Nevertheless, the ranger seemed to have it under control.
As for Taz, he and the other ranger were managing- and anyway, he had other Pokemon to help himself with.
The guy with Skarmory was having a hard time, but considering the steel bird's bulk, Grovyle wasn't doing much harm.
However, the other ranger with Charmander wasn't so lucky- the Lileep simply deflected every flame with a barrage of rocks, which didn't let it be damaged, but didn't let it attack much either.
The worst situation, however, was the Arcanine, now joined by a Weepinbell. Hyacinth thought the girl had to be crazy- a grass Pokemon? What if it went crazy like the others did? He had decided, that group needed more help.

He quickly considered what to send for help as he would go to the infirmary. Kiri had an advantage over Ivysaur and Gloom and, if needed, over Weepinbell as well, but she would struggle agaisnt Leafeon, and wouldn't probably do well anyway, seeing how she likes going physical more.
Nebbia knew Ice Beam and could hide in the Mist, but other than that her strategies were useless, as there was no body of water aviable, only puddles made by other Water Pokemon. Not that there was much to work with a Mist attack...
Eddie... Hyacinth shook his head. The Grass Pokemon had a wide arsenal of ranged attacks, while he, being a fighting type, could only do close combat.
Maki, well it was better keep him close. He wasn't a real fighter, and Weepinbelll had taken care of the status dealing already.
So this left Theron. He was a rebel, and not affectionate enough to follow his orders, but he was the best suited for this.

He released his Scyther and quickly ordered him to go help Arcanine and Weepinbell, keeping a close eye to the Grass Pokemon, then went back to help carrying the wounded.

In the infirmary, Yin started cursing: there wasn't enough for tending to the wounded, ranger and Pokemon alike. She quickly ordered Ayra and Hyacinth if they had any medical experience or scram, but before Hyacinth could reply and offer his help, she already was away looking for something.

Then suddenly another ranger woke up. Hyacinth could clearly see he was from the Outpost 4, and wondered what he was doing there.

He looked like he was panicking. He started blabbering about being overwhelmed and that we needed to tell others. He tried to sit, but Hyacinth quickly stopped him. "You're too weak, don't force yourself."

But the ranger kept repeating meaningless things like a broken record.

Hyacinth turned to Ayra. "Just what's going on here?"

OOC: I'm sorry for having taken over other Pokemon, but you never mentioned what they were doing, and I didn't do anything crucial anyway.

Scyther will be going to help Arcy&Co., but that was obvious. I started this post after harry had posted, and i haven't seen if any other has posted so I'll fix some things later if needed.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 04-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Metallic Houndoom Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Metallic Houndoom

OOC: Do we get to find out the damage on the grass Pokemon? Are we allowed to control what the battling rangers say?

IC:
Battle
"Houndoom!" Taz cried as the huge Tropius toppled over onto Houndoom, knocking it to the floor. Houndoom yelped in pain but quickly recovered and stood up ready to attack. It had several scratches on its side from where it had landed.

The rangers Houndoom had just launched an attack on the Cacnea and had it gripped in its fangs. "Okay Houndoom we need to take out Tropius!" He thought for a moment about what he should do. "Okay, use Fire Fang on Tropius!"

Houndoom howled menacingly and leapt onto Tropius' back. Fangs ablaze, it opened its jaws, ready for the attack!

Fire
Politoed, Larry, Nyello, Swampy and Casper had been hard at work trying to extinguish the flames. Most of the fires had been put out but the forest was still alight. A weakened tree made a loud crack and began falling towards Swampy and Nyello!

Politoed quickly reacted and used Hydro Pump on the tree trying to push it away from the Pokemon.

Credit to EmBreon

Last edited by Metallic Houndoom; 04-22-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Ayra Calaenlen Offline
Amateur Trainer

OoC.
Sorry about the slight delay. Was a tad busy yesterday ^^;

BiC.
Infirmary
Ayra complied obediently to the doctor's orders, carefully lifting the injured man with as much care as she possibly could. While she wasn't exactly very strong physically-wise, at least with the aided effort of Hyacinth it wasn't too much of a strain on her part. She had already lost sight of her own Pokemon in the raging confusing, though she kept her hopes high that they at least would know what to do without her there to command them. Pokemon were intelligent creatures after all. It shouldn't be a problem...

As they settled the injured ranger down, she listened briefly to what "Doctor Yin" was saying, feeling somewhat awkward she crouching down beside the injured man as she went about her business before the blonde-haired woman suddenly jumped as the doctor addressed herself and her present "partner" it seemed in the matter.

"Oh, uh..." Ayra blushed. Medical experience? Yeah... she had been certified in CPR back in middle school, and she knew how to put a band-aid on though she doubted that would really help much. "I don't really think..."

She was interrupted by another man - another ranger it seemed - suddenly released an outcry. Ayra winced away in a startled manner, though recovered quickly and shook her head in response to Hyacinth's question. "I have no idea..." she said in response, chewing on her lower lip. "...You have an Espeon right?"

She didn't wait for a response before she glanced at Doctor Yin again. "If I may offer an suggestion... I know it may be follisome on my part but all the same. Some times psychic Pokemon have the ability to read minds - I'm not sure if Espeone is one of them - but wouldn't it possibly be beneficial if we tried to... touch into that man's mind perhaps?"

She bit her lower lip again as she stood up. "I'm afraid I cannot offer much medical experience though... if that's all you need, miss, perhaps I should go back to try and aide the fighting effort."

Olossė, Noctowl, Bidoof vs. Skiploom, Sunflora
Olossė cried out in triumph as she allowed the rest of her copies to fade away. It seemed her first battle of the night could be considered a success, and she quickly notted in the direction of the Bidoof and Noctowl to congratulate them on their effort. Though there was still more matters to tend to. She hadn't seemed to be able to attract the Lileep's attention, but her mistress had told her to try to do so. Maybe that should be her next target.

... even though rock had a slight advantage over ice but the grass element was in there as well so maybe she'd be alright.

Opening her mouth, she suddenly charged at the fossil grass type, ice coating her teeth as she quickly jumped and attempted to close her mouth around whatever aspect of the Cradily she could reach with an attempted Ice Fang.

Fire
While Swampy may have been able to hold out reasonably well when it came to getting crushed by a tree, Nyello was a bit smaller when it came to an aspect like that. He released a startled croak, reacting almost entirely on instinct. Still sounding out a wild warning, he crunched his legs together and quickly bounded into the air with a powerful Bounce, turning and imitating his fellow Politoed as he released a Hydro Pump of his own in the direction of the falling tree in hopes of diverting its path away from the Swampert.

OoC.
Sorry for how rushed some of it is. I'm sorta racing time before my bus comes D=