Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:51 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Mission Trial - Prelude: Party 1

OOC: Ah yes. Technically you will never know the actual damage that a grass pokemon has. At least not numerically-wise. Descriptions though, are another story. They can tell you what state the pokemon is in.

I apologize if I haven't been very descriptive. Let me know if you want to know what state the pokemon is in. I'll be able to tell you what it looks like to you.

As far as controlling rangers, that's very iffy. I would say no, you aren't allowed to control what they say. They are NPC's and thus are under my control. However, you can talk and/or suggest things to them. These rangers are on your side. Or is it that you're on theirs?

Does everyone agree to the name "Fabulae Textores" or do you wish to continue discussing?

IC:

Houndoom, Houndoom vs. Tropius, Cacnea

"Okay, use Fire Fang on Tropius!" shouted Taz.

Houndoom howled menacingly and leapt onto Tropius' back. Fangs ablaze, it opened its jaws, ready for the attack! A second later, it bit deeply into the large pokemons neck.

Tropius screamed. The neck had already been wounded by Houndoom's flamethrower. The bite added another layer of injury upon the burnt skin, spilling green blood from Tropius' neck.

For a moment, it looked like Tropius had met its mental limit, its body rampaging side to side, trying to knock Houndoom off of its neck. However, Houndoom held firm, keeping its neck in its grip.

Then, suddenly, Tropius stopped moving. Its eyes went white. Then, without a word, turned around and began stomping back into the forest. Houndoom clung to its neck, still puncturing the large pokemon.

Cacnea on the other hand, continued to struggle and rage. In a instant, it released a series of needles from its body directly into the ranger's houndoom's mouth. The houndoom screamed in pain as needles stabbed delicate skin. Its bite loosened and Cacnea flew out.

"Cacnea!" it screamed furiously and rebounded instantly at Houndoom. A dark aura formed around the the end of Cacnea's arm. Before Houndoom could react, Cacnea punched Houndoom across the face, sending Houndoom flying to the ground.

Houndoom weakly opened its eyes, and struggled to stand up, but fainted. The ranger called back his dogged pokemon.

Cacnea turned to face the Ranger, its eyes gleaming.

The Ranger put up his fists, protecting his upper torso.

"That was my last pokemon," he said as he glanced at Taz.

Fire

Larry, the Gyrados, glances over to see the burning tree begin to fall upon the too pokemon. However, he moves too slowly and won't reach them in time.

Luckily, Taz's Politoed and Nyello reacted quickly. Politoed turned away from the building and with a huge heave, unleashed a jet of water at the tree. Nyello, bounced away from the tree, and immediately joined the other politoed, shooting a blast of water at the tree. The combined pressure of streams shifted the tree's fall, causing it to land to the right of Swampy. Swampy glanced at the two politoed, with a look in his eye as if saying, "I could have handled that."

The rest of the forest continued to burn.

Olossė, Charmander vs. Lileep

Olossė charged Lileep, her mouth coated with ice. However, Lileep, having just confused Charmander, turned to face this new threat.

"Lileep!" it shrieked, and extended its wavy tendrils outward at Olossė. Olossė, instead of grabbing a hold of Lileep, was not entangled by it! Lileep's tendrils slowly enclosed Olossė, constricting her body tightly. Olossė cries out.

Olossė: 85%, Constricted

Charmander dances about, too confused to do anything.

Growly, Bell, Theron vs. Ivysaur, Gloom, Leafeon

When the attack came, Growly was ready. Leaping into action, she sent a thick stream of orange and red fire at the Ivysaur's Solar Beam. It hit the end of the Solar Beam, pushing it towards the ground. It lost some of its power when it pushed into the dirt, but what remained of the beam swong back and smacked into Growly. With a yelp, Growly went flying backwords a couple feet, landing on her fiery back.

Growly: 87%

Pushing herself back up, Growly looked over the Ivysaur, anger in her pale blue eyes. With a deep throated growl, she opened her mouth and released another stream of purple and red fire directed solely at the Ivysaur. The flames hit before Ivysaur could dodge out of the way, charring Ivysaur's bud. Ivysaur screams, and an instant later, launches several razor leaves at Growly. They fly towards the arcanine, spinning sharply in the wind.

A pokeball flies out, releasing Bell, the weepinbell. Bell runs quickly towards Growly, and faces Gloom and Leafeon. Knowing she needs to help Growly, Bell emits a silvery powder from her mouth into the air.

And then... she stops. The silver powder already released into the air, dissipates, being in too little quantity to do anything.

Bell glances wildly around, staring at empty spaces of air as if some sort of creature were there. She cries wildy, and her leaves clutch her head. Then suddenly, she looks up and stares deeply into the forest. Her eyes turn pale white. She doesn't move.

Theron, the Scyther, sprints up. He glances at Bell, and frowns, looking concerned. However, he doesn't have a chance to say anything as Leafeon charges forward and swings her tail wildly at Scyther. Scyther throws himself backwards, but is cut by the tails sharp edge.

Scyther: 92%

However, Gloom quickly follows up Leafeon's attack. It bounds forward, and hurls a large wad of acid at Scyther. The acide flies through the air, catching Scyther unaware due to his attention focused on Leafeon. The acid, directly hits scythers side, burning his skin. Scyther grimaces.

Scyther: 69%, slightly burned

Starmie, Staryu vs. Roserade

"Look, I am Kati. Please have your Pokemon hit these Grass Types with a water attack," she hissed at him, keeping her voice low but hearable as she was only a foot away from the man. "When you do that, I will use Thunder on them and it will zap them. Much more powerful then just using Thunder on its own, you see?"

The ranger looks over at Kati, his head nodding, "Makes sense. Starmie! Staryu! Use watergun on Roserade!"

Staryu and Starmie, spinning through the air, don't acknolwedge in words. Instead, they suddenly stop spinning and from their tips, begin spraying streams of water at Roserade. In seconds Roserade is soaked.

"Roserade!" it shouts and launches several leaves at Staryu. Despite Staryu's efforts to evade, the leaves magically hit, striking Staryu. The leaves sharply cut Staryu's body and its gem slowly flickers as Staryu falls to the ground.

Infirmary

At Ayra's suggestion of using a psychic pokemon on the ranger, the ranger shakes his head vigoursly, interrupting whatever Dr. Yin was about to say.

"No, no, no. No!" he shouted, "We don't have time for your voodoo suggestions! I'm not crazy!"

He points out the door, his finger shaking.

"I need to find Ranger Reynolds! It's urgent I speak with him! He needs to know that Outpost 4 is under attack! He needs to send help!"

The Rangers eyes go wide, as if remembering something.

"You... you don't understand," he whispers, his voice hoarse and rough, "They came out of nowhere and attacked us. We were outnumbered and we fought the best we could... but it was too much. We tried to contact Outpost 1 on the radio, but there were no replies... so I came here. I came here to get help."

He looks into Hyacinth's eyes, "We couldn't fight off the grass and rock pokemon. They were too... too..."

The ranger's arm falls to the side, and his eyes shoot up into his eyelids. Alarms on the monitor above his bed begin beeping. His body begins to shake rapidly, as if all his muscles were contracting at once.

"Damn it!" cries Dr. Yin, "He's having a seizure!" She rushes over to his bed, pulling out vials from a nearby medical cart.

"If what he says is true," she continues shouting over the beeping, "Then we have a much bigger problem than we think. You need to tell Ranger Reynolds."

She quickly fills a needle with one of the vials and jabs it into the ranger, injecting its contents. Seconds later, he stops shaking and the monitor returns to normal. The beeping ceases.

Dr. Yin wipes her forward with the back of her glove, sighing in relief.

"You can't miss him," she says as she points towards the door, "He's wearing a ten-gallon hat. Last I saw him, he had his Bidoof and Noctowl out. Let him know what this ranger said."

"Because... Outpost 4 is probably in a lot worse shape than we are."

OOC: The better you roleplay your battles, the better the results. Remember, details and creativity are everything!

Feel free to ask me any questions here. I can probably post answers a lot quicker than I can post these types of roleplays up.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Metallic Houndoom Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Metallic Houndoom

Houndoom jumped of of Tropius' back and allowed the leafy dinosaur to trample its way back into the forest. "Good job Houndoom!" Houndoom looked pleased with itself, but then realized that the Cacnea had knocked out the rangers Houndoom. Houndoom growled at Cacnea, she was going to end this. "The Pokemon just left?" Taz said to the other ranger in surprise. He was hoping to make the Cacnea leave as well. "Okay Houndoom, that Cacnea's no match for you." Cacnea was facing the ranger and looked as if it was about to attack! "I want you to use Flamethrower full power!" Taz shouted. "If it counter attacks, use your speed to dodge."

Houndoom breathed in, mouth lighting up and exhaled. Taz noticed a red glint of rage in Houndooms eye, attempting to intimidate the Cancea. A blast of eerie red flames erupted from Houndoom's mouth. The huge river of fire swept straight towards the Cacnea, engulfing it in flames.

Credit to EmBreon

Last edited by Metallic Houndoom; 04-23-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:31 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

OoC: Man, and here I wanted Theron to have a chivalrous battle... Pokemon these days have no morals...

Battle:

The ninja mantis looked down at his injury, then back up, a deadly fire starting in his eyes. They didn't want to fight by the rules? Fine, he wouldn't either. Screw the honor, this is vengeance!

Honor didn't mean anything now- because they didn't have it. So he set his own aside, and attacked.

He held out his arms, the scythes reflecting the fire eeirily, almost hypnotizingly. Then, as swift as only a Scyther can be- and maybe Ninjask as well- he took off, hovering almost unseen at Leafeon, his blades ready to tear its flesh apart.

It was close, the twin scythe-like arms started glowing a sickly green, throwing even more eeire reflections around. By now, the Verdant Pokemon wouldn't have been able to avoid the hit. And...

And then Theron disappeared. It left the Grass Pokemon confused, when it reappered still running in front of them. And beside them. And on their right. And leaping over them.

In the end, a grand total of ten Scyther was dancing madly around them, in a frenzy of moves, feints, jumps and steps. The pace hastened, making it almost a blurry green shade cornering the Gloom and Leafeon, and, as hopefully they were both too busy keeping an eye on the Double Team copies, high over them a figure was ready to dive bomb on them, scythes crossed, glowing green, quickly swooping to the green Eon Pokemon...

OoC: I'll do an Infirmary Scene soon...

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Dragoness Offline

OOC: I agree with the name,"Fabulae Textores". By the way, thank you for reminding us/me about the more description = better results :)
---
IC:

The young Ranger nodded, "Makes sense. Starmie! Staryu! Use watergun on Roserade!" The two Pokemon stopped their attacks to spray thick streams of white-blue water on the small Roserade. The Roserade didn't seem to like this as it screamed out "Roserade!" before opening its pale green lips to release several sharp leaves at Staryu. Staryu jumped to its side then threw itself forward, trying to avoid the attacks. It did not matteer though as leaves cut across the already cracked and bleeding body, causing Staryu to faint.

Poor thing. It'll live though, Kati thought as she ordered Snookerdoodle to attack the Roserade with Thunder. Snookerdoodle nodded her bright yellow and white head before turning to face Roserade. The little green Pokemon, with small pink and blue roses over its body was soaked in water. As the water had only just hit her, she did not have time to soak it all up, so it still dripped down her sides.

A crackling of thunder filled the air as small lightnings began to cover Snookerdoodle's dog-like body. Opening her mouth, Snookerdoodle sent a wave of vivid yellow lightning at Roserade. It encased the Grass Pokemon for a few seconds before closing in on her with a large pop.

"Sweet!" Kati yelled, a grin spreading across her face. The Electrical attack would be powerful on its own, but when combined with a Pokemon that was soaked...Well, that was going to be quite interesting.

Still smiling, Kati looked around. Then froze. Larry was about ten feet away from her and moving towards her. But when she looked beyond the massive body of the Gyarados, Kati spotted a fierce battle going on between the Growly, Bell, Syther and the three large Grass Pokemon. What upset Kati was that Bell had stopped moving, her eyes a pale white.

"Look, if that attack didn't knock out Roserade--which it should have--then just use a couple non-water attacks on it and Roserade will be gone. You were already battling it when I came, so it was weakened then and it should be done for now. I need to check my Weepinbell and I am going to end that battle over there!" Kati and Snookerdoodle then took off to Growly and Bell, stopping only to pull Larry into his Poke'Ball.

When she reached the scene, Kati knew something was up. The Grass types seemed to be ganging up on Syther. Her attention though was on Bell. Releasing Larry from his Poke'Ball again, Kati then dashed to pick up Bell. Lifting thr heavy Weepinbell, Kati hurried behind Larry's body.

The Weepinbell still seemed sick and unhappy. Her large leaves quivered, as if Bell was scared of something. "It's okay Bell, I am here. You know me, Kati. We've traveled for years together. I remeber when you were just a sweet little Bellsprout. Larry's here, you know Larry. And Snookerdoodle," Kati paused to lower Bell to bend down, allowing Snookerdoodle to lick Bell. "See? We're all here," Kati said slowly as Growly barked out her encouragement. Making sure Bell's vines were constricted under the pressure from her arms, Kati hugged Bell close. "Come back to us Bell! What is it?" Kati asked.

It is like she heard something...hold it! That is the only way this could be happening. If she saw or heard something. I have an idea! Quickly putting Bell on the ground, Kati yanked off her backpack. Inside there was some twine for hanging up laundry, some clothes, books and a craft kit with scissors. Using the scissors, Kati cut the twine and then the clothes with lightning speed. Wrapping the now torn up sweater around Bell's head--where her ears would be--Kati put twine on the clothes, tieing it in place very tightly.

"Let's hope that works," Kati muttered. She then turrned to Larry and Snookerdoodle. "Larry, hit Ivysaur with Hydro Pump then use Thunder on Ivysaur, my little Jolteon."

Larry jumped into action, sending a stream of dark blue water at Ivysaur, meaning to soak its body with cold water. More thunder filled the air like last time as Snookerdoodle sized up Ivysaur before opening her mouth yet again. Another sheet of of lightning, this time more white than gold, came from it, closing in around the Ivysaur like a bubble. With a banging sound, the bubble of lighting closed in on itself and Ivysaur.

Growly also turned her attention to the Ivysaur. As soon as the Thunder attack finished, she opened up her mouth and sent out a long, spindly stream of red and purple fire at the Ivysaur. The light around the Grass Pokemon was to great for Growly to see if it had fainted or not, but she could still see the large body of Ivysaur. If it had fainted, the attack wouldn't hurt it to much more and if it hadn't, then it was one more thing to bring that Pokemon down for good.

Last edited by Dragoness; 04-24-2009 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Fixing an error
Old 04-24-2009, 02:45 AM
poke123 Offline

OOC: I like the name Fabulae Textores. Sorry, I haven't posted in a while, but my computer has been on the fritz.

IC:

After Swampy helped put out a part of the fire, he began to look around, searching for something to do. All of a sudden, he heard a large crack and a tree near him began to fall towards him. Swampy grinned and waited for the large trunk to get closer to him. He wanted to see if he could move it with his Hydro Pump. However, two Politoed jumped in the way and shot a large stream of water. The tree trunk was deviated and it landed next to the Swampert. He gave them both a look, partially thankful, but also mad because he hadn’t been able to do it himself.

As he looked at the area where he had helped extinguish the fire, Swampy noticed that the forest had caught on fire. He scrambled to get near it and opened his mouth, spraying the fire with ice cold water. After a few seconds he turned around and began to yell to the other Pokemon, asking for them to help him with the forest fire. Casper quickly came to his friend’s side and began to smother out the fires by covering the source of the fire with a blue force field. Swampert continued to spray the fire, hopefully it would work. Then, Casper came up with an idea. He told Swampy to shoot water into the air. Swampy looked at him questioningly, but shot a stream of crystal clear water into the air anyway. Then, Casper’s eyes turned blue as he began to project Psychic energy. The water that Swampy shot was covered by the Psychic energy and enclosed in a large force field. Then, Casper moved the force field telepathically over a part of the fire and released the shield, causing the large amount of water to pour onto the fire, making it go down momentarily. However, a few seconds later the fire was back to its original state. Swampy and Casper looked at each other and nodded. They continued their strategy of dowsing the fire with what were essentially water bombs.

Johnny saw several battles and began to think which one he was going to join. Most of them seemed to be going well except for the two. He pulled out one of his Pokeballs and released his Pokemon. A colossal, blue-furred Pokemon emerged from one of the Pokeballs, yawning as if he was about to take a nap. He groggily looked at the chaos around him then closed his eyes, trying to sleep. Johnny shook his head and reached into his pocket, pulling out a dark blue cube. As the Snorlax began to yawn again, Johnny walked up to him and dropped the Pokeblock into the obese Pokemon’s mouth. Glutton swallowed it unwillingly. No more than five seconds later, energy began coursing through Glutton’s body, waking him up.

“Ok, Glutton you’re gonna help that Skarmory by battling that Grovyle,” Johnny said pointing out the metallic avian and the pink-bellied grass type.

Johnny walked to another battle as the Snorlax seemed to waddle towards the Skarmory and the Pokemon Ranger. He grinned innocently as he stared at the shining metal body of the Skarmory. He always enjoyed looking at shiny things. Then, he turned his head towards his opponent. He looked directly into the yellow eyes of his opponent. The Grovyle’s feet were restless, ready to move at any second. The leaf that came off the top of his head looked slightly burnt and torn, indicating that he was far from docile. Glutton began to think of what he was going to do. He really wanted to go back to sleep, so he was going to try and finish this battle quickly. He took a small breath and began to concentrate on his right fist. All of a sudden, his right fist was engulfed in flames that danced around, appearing both menacing and beautiful at the same time. Then, Glutton began to lumber towards the Grovyle, his every step causing the floor to shake. As he approached the grass type, he pulled his fist back, ready to slam it into the sly Grovyle.

Johnny approached a trainer and her Snorunt battling a Lileep. The Lileep had entangled the poor ice type. Johnny grabbed the red sphere in his pocket and tossed it into the air. A small insect emerged from the Pokeball. His white wings began to flap so fast that they seemed like a blur. He blinked his red eyes every few seconds as he zipped around Johnny.

“Alright, Speedy let’s try a Swords Dance and X Scissor combo. Add a little Double Team in there too,” Johnny instructed his Pokemon.

The insect rubbed his dark claws together and began to zip around more. A few seconds later, there were seven hyper Ninjask flying restlessly around the area. Then, they all stopped at the same time. They began to move around in a particular motion, bobbing up and down, then side to side. While they moved, they crossed their arms as if they were undergoing a ritual. After the Swords Dance had been completed, the clones and the original Ninjask surrounded the Lileep. The top of the Pokemon’s purple body bobbed back and forth as if it were just playing. The pink tentacles that extended from the top of the Lileep were covered with cuts, indicating that it had been fighting for a while before this. All the Ninjask’s claws began to glow in a jade color. They crossed their arms in an X shape as they zoomed towards the Lileep. However, only the clones were flying towards the Lileep to hit it head on. The real Ninjask was flying behind the fossil Pokemon. What looked like a grin covered his mask-like face as he approached his enemy with his claws in an X shape, hoping that the sneak attack would work.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:38 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: Dragoness, shouldn't it be up to Harry to tell us if we hit our opponent or not? Anyway, not like I care lol.

Poke, you copied my strategy! Oh well, go for it. We want these battles to end fast.

BTW, who is still battling? I haven't really got it- I think Ranger Reynold finished his, right?At least, Sunflora is gone and Skiploom has been blown away, but is it back?

Another quick question, would wind-based attacks(gust, silver wind, tailwind, air slash, so to speak) affect the fire as well? Because if so I can't really use Butterfree -.-

Anyway, here's the infirmary post I wanted to do.

IC: Infirmary.

Ayra proposed to use Kiri to read the Ranger's mind, but as soon as she did, he snapped out of his daze and yelled at her. Hyacinth was sorry about the way he treated her, but he had to agree with him- there was no time to try this stuff, and Kiri wasn't exactly the best candidate at developping her Psychic powers. And even if she could've, how would she relay the informations to them? It was a plan that couldn't work.

Apparently, Outpost 4 was in a situation way worse than Outpost 1's. The wounded ranger kept saying to call Ranger Reynolds, until he started to shake, and Doctor Yin treated him quicker than Hacinth or Ayra could react- she injected the man with a sedative, and he soon calmed down, going to a sleep-like state. No more informations from him for a while, Hyacinth thought with a sigh. But he deserves to rest more than we do.

Doctor Yin told the young guys they needed to go find Ranger Reynolds, and tell him what the Ranger from outpost 4 relayed to them.

Hyacinth nodded, and then turned to Ayra. "Maybe it's better if one of us stays around here, we don't know if the grass Pokemon or the rock ones as well, from what the guy said, will decide to strike here next. Do you have any Pokemon left?" he said as he walked away, out of the Infirmary. "Oh, and by the way, you look gory," he added to lighten the mood. In truth, she did look a little gory, smeared in blood like she- and himself as well- was.

He was out before hearing her reply, and looked at what was going on there: Theron had taken on two opponents at once, apparently forgetting his honor and piety and all that chivalry crap. Still, two on one seemed hardly fair, even if, by the looks of it, he would be soon joined by the Arcanine, Jolteon and Gyarados.

Nevertheless, if he could avoid Theron getting damaged, Hyacinth would do anything in his powers. And the occasion presented itself. He released in the battle Kiri and Maki. "Kiri, I want you to crush Gloom with your strongest Psychic attack. Maki, you as well use it, but on Leafeon. Both of you, lock them in the Psychic grasp, and don't let them move for as much as you can." Long enough for Theron to connect with his attack as well, he hoped.

The Espeon nodded, and took a few leaps at the center of the battle, glaring focused at the smelly grass Pokemon. Gloom was still confused by the Double Team move, looking around as to wonder who to attack. Then, for a brief moment, they made eye contact. It was all Kiri needed.

Despite not liking them, she honed her psychic abilities as well as her physical ones, and she was especially proud of her Psychic attack- as long as she had a connection with her opponent, for brief it was, the wave of mental energy would travel way faster to it, easily hitting her target.

The ruby jewel on her head flickered in the fire light, swiftly changing color to a dark lavender, similiar to the darker streaks on her fur. As they made eye contact, it was as if a tiny string was held between them, and fire was catching on it. Only it wasn't fire, but a bodyless translucent energy, that quickly reached the grass Pokemon.

Now it was like entwined in invisible vines, coiling around the Pokemon's body tightly, leaving it breathless. As much as it tried to struggle, the grip would tighten, and it would only get more hurt.

Butterfree lazily flew in place as well, not liking the direct approach but, being forced to, obliged to. However, he did like the sneak attack. The crimson thousand-celled eyes locked on his prey, the Green eeveevolution, as he rubbed his antennae, preparing to strike. The Grass Pokemon was too busy dealing with the copies to notice him, and he liked this even more, as it gave him the chance to leave unharmed. He waited for the perfect moment, analyzing the movement of the various copies, until he found a small crevice in the hastening dance, that let him launch his Psychic assault without spoiling his and Theron's moves.

Suddenly, Leafeon stopped, unable to move agaisnt the mental powers of the oversized butterfly. It was envelopped in a purplish aura, very hard to spot in the fires' light, so it did not understand why. Nevertheless, it struggled agaisnt it, and for as strong Maki could be, he couldn't reach Kiri's levels, so it wouldn't hold for too long.

It didn't matter, as Theron was very close to the Grass Pokemon, and ready to attack the photosynthetis-based mammal from above. He noticed it had somehow stopped moving, but didn't really care.

OoC: lol, I tell Dragoness not to do something and then I do it myself. Oh well. I hope you won't mind, Harry. We can always say that the last part of my post is hypotetical, as in "assuming the attacks hit, this is what would happen/my Pokemon would do".

Hyacinth is outside the Infirmary, waiting for Ayra as he wants to have a small talk with her before going to the ranger.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.

Last edited by DarkGardevoir; 04-24-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Dragoness, shouldn't it be up to Harry to tell us if we hit our opponent or not? Anyway, not like I care lol
OOC: Yes, but I did NOT say the attacks hurt the Pokemon. I left the Roserade without describing how it was affected by the attack--HKim can still say the attack managed to fail. Growly (Arcanine)'s attack was not described as hitting Ivysaur and Jolteon's attack was described as gathering around Ivysaur--but not actually doing damage to it. I did mess up on Larry by saying his water attack hit Ivysaur though...I'll try and edit that.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:46 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
OOC: Yes, but I did NOT say the attacks hurt the Pokemon. I left the Roserade without describing how it was affected by the attack--HKim can still say the attack managed to fail. Growly (Arcanine)'s attack was not described as hitting Ivysaur and Jolteon's attack was described as gathering around Ivysaur--but not actually doing damage to it. I did mess up on Larry by saying his water attack hit Ivysaur though...I'll try and edit that.

Heh, please, call me Harry or Kim.

Well, I would say that I'm probably a lot more lenient than I should be in regards to these rules. One, I haven't exactly given you guys a clear idea of what this should be like because essentially you guys are the example in progress. Two, I'm not one to strongly push for complete control. If you need to say an attack happens because it will result in a better description, then it's fine; as long as you give me some room to determine how effective the attack really is. If you hitting the NPC pokemon doesn't add anything to your post, then don't do it. It will only serve to reduce the effectiveness of your attack.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:23 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: I'd like to know how Seedot and Koffing are faring atm, so in your next post, can you put them as well, Harry? Just so I can decide if focusing on that damn Leafeon and Gloom, or going to help the ranger(I still have Hitmontop and Vaporeon, through I'd rather keep them in case something may happen to the infirmary)

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 04-25-2009, 08:58 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Default Re: Mission Trial - Prelude: Fabulae Textores

OOC: Okay, there are a lot of pokemon out now, so I might miss a few things. Just point them out if I do.

IC:

Houndoom vs. Cacnea

Houndoom launched a huge river of fire straight towards Cacnea, engulfing it in flames.

Or so it thought.

Cacnea, having defeated the ranger's houndoom, had managed to plant several roots into the ground. They extended downward into the earth, glowing a light green as Cacnea absorbed nutrients and energy through the branches. Burnt marks that were there before, suddenly lessened and disappeared.

So it was much more alert when Houndoom attacked. As the flames rushed towards it, Cacnea rapidly spun around, pulling up its roots in the process. Dirt and sand flew up as well, creating a swelling tornado. The flames hit the tornado, bouncing harmlessly off it.

Everyone suddenly notices a funnel slowly drop down from the sky from one of the clouds. It reaches downward until it connects with the dirt tornado Cacnea created. The two groan heavily as they find each other, until they finally merge as one. Rock, gravel, dirt spin around.

Then the twister starts to grow outward. More and more of the ground is lifted off. The winds sweep around in wider and wider arcs until the funnel disappears into a windy storm of sand.

You raise your hands to shield your eyes from the dirt. You can't see much more than three to five meters ahead of you.

As for the battle, Houndoom, glances around wildly, having lost Taz in the storm. Suddenly, out of the dirt, flies Cacnea. Cacnea strikes wildly with its spiked fist, hitting the backside of Houndoom. It then jumps off into the sandstorm on the other side. Houndoom yelps in pain. The sand further irritates the deep scratches.

Houndoom: 38%

Theron vs. Gloom, Leafeon

Theron jumped up, beating its wings furiously as it hovered towards Leafeon. Its arms glowed green.

And then it vanished, suddenly replaced by many scyther surrounding the Gloom and Leafeon. They shifted their eyes to the left and right.

And then, as if knowing, they shifted them upwards, ignoring the copies.

Synchronized, the two of them launched a flurry of petals and leaves upwards, shooting them at Theron. Theron, flying downwards, is unable to dodge the leaves. It was as if they knew he was there. The attacks strike directly.

Theron: 17%, slightly burned, badly cut

Then you, Hyacinth, lose all sight of Theron as the sandstorm cuts off your view.

Theron: 11%, slightly burned, badly cut

Snookerdoodle, Starmie vs. Roserade

Roserade, soaked, managed to down Staryu before it was suddenly jolted by a powerful strike of lightning. Snookerdoodle's attack hit true and, combined with water, brutally shocked Roserade.

Roserade stumbles forward onto one knee, sparks still flying about its body. It is in no condition to fight.

Snookerdoodle, Larry, Growly vs. Ivysaur

Even though her ears have been covered, Bell's eyes continue to remain a dead white. She turns back towards the forest, staring outward towards it. She doesn't move.

Kati turns to Larry and Snookerdoodle, "Larry, hit Ivysaur with Hydro Pump then use Thunder on Ivysaur, my little Jolteon."

Growly opens up her mouth and sends out a long, spindly stream of red and purple fire at the Ivysaur.

The three attacks shoot forth, almost in perfect timing.

Suddenly, the sandstorm sweeps forward, blocking your view. You have no idea if the attacks hit Ivysaur or what state it's in.

Snookerdoodle: 92%
Larry: 96%
Bell: 95%
Growly: 93%

However, you have other problems. Seedot jumps behind Snookerdoodle, completely surprising the jolteon. You look to the side, only to see that Koffing has fainted from the battle, its ranger collapsed on the side. The Seedot itself looks worn out and a bit off-color. Perhaps it is poisoned?

However, you don't have much time to find out. As soon as jumps behind Snookerdoodle, it bends downward and explodes.

The explosion throws Snookerdoodle several meters to the left and Larry, who was nearby, a few meters to the right. Kati, you yourself are blown backwards onto your back. A sharp pain shoots into your shoulder as you land upon a rock. You reach behind you only to find that the rock has punctured your clothes and skin. You are bleeding.

You have no idea where Bell went. You can still see Larry's tail, but Snookerdoodle is out of sight.

Snookerdoodle: 37%
Larry: 75%
Kati: Bleeding out of left shoulder
Bell: Unknown (from this point forward, Bell is not under your control. That doesn't mean she's hostile towards you. She simply isn't acting as you would expect her to).

Kati, if you do not seek medical attention or treat your wound, it is likely that you will pass out from blood loss within 15 minutes.

Seedot's unconscious body is swept away into the storm

Fire

Swampy's and Casper's "giant water bucket" plan works out amazingly well. Although the forest burns brightly, several of the more incendiary spots dim as each load is poured upon it. The flames are slowly being brought under control.

As each flame goes out, the area around the outpost dims. With the only unnatural lighting coming from the Infirmary, things become a little bit harder to see.

Glutton vs. Grovyle

“Ok, Glutton you’re gonna help that Skarmory by battling that Grovyle,” Johnny says pointing out the metallic avian and the pink-bellied grass type.

Snorlax waddles towards the Skarmory and the Pokemon Ranger. He grinned innocently as he stared at the shining metal body of the Skarmory, not realizing that Skarmory had fainted from the battle. He always enjoyed looking at shiny things.

Then, Glutton turns his head towards his opponent. All of a sudden, his right fist was engulfed in flames that danced around, appearing both menacing and beautiful at the same time. Glutton lumbers towards the Grovyle, his every step causing the floor to shake. As he approaches the grass type, he pulled his fist back, ready to slam it into the sly Grovyle.

Grovyle, injured from the battle, but still alive, dodges away easily with its speed. Or at least tries to. Glutton manages to swipe it down Grovyle's side, burning the pokemon. Sceptile doesn't say a word, and steps away from the slower pokemon. The two stare each other down with Grovyle breathing heavily.

The sandstorm hides them from view.

Glutton: 100% (thick skin)

Olossė, Charmander, Speedy vs. Lileep

With Olossė caught in its mouth, the Lileep's vines continues to grasp around the Snorunt, squeezing it like a wet towel. Olossė screams in further pain. The tentacles tighten further and further around, creating burn marks upon Snorunt's skin.

Olossė: 47%, Constricted

Johnny approaches the battle and in a second, calls upon Speedy, his ninjask, to assist the battered pokemon.

Speedy suddenly cloned itself and began following some sort of stranger, rhythmic pattern. Strength coursed through its body and using its fakes to distract Lileep, moved in to attack it from behind.

Charmander, still very much dazed, glanced around and noticed Lileep. In a moment of half-clarity, it sputtered out a blast of fire towards the pokemon, a wave more than a stream. Unfortunately, being dazed, the fire blast missed Lileep, who easily leaned out of the way, but did hit Speedy who had tried to sneak behind. The blast, however, was weak and did not burn Speedy.

Speedy: 81%

That's when the sandstorm strikes. Speedy's clones immediately disappears and Speedy himself is suddenly sucked into the vortex of the storm. Speedy struggles to get out, but the winds are too powerful and he's swept in. A Starmie flies by past him.

Speedy: 68%, Trapped

Johnny, you can no longer see Speedy or Glutton. You can still see Olossė and the Lileep though.

Kiri and Maki

Kiri, the Espeon, and Maki, the Butterfree, move forward towards the Gloom and Leafeon. Hyacinth had asked them to assist Theron and they carried out his orders with determination.

In tandem, they focus, their minds clearing of emotional thought. Slowly the knowledge of pure logic and order took their places and they use their calm centers to direct their thoughts to the pokemon fighting. In their heads, the images of Leafeon and Gloom formed. A purple haze coalesces around Kiri while Maki glows blue. With their wills, they redirect their minds to control their opponents.

Hyacinth, you have observed this before as they are your own pokemon. Up until this point, everything is going according to plan.

And then of course, the plan goes horribly wrong.

Just as the blue and purple waves began to outline Leafeon and Gloom, they are shattered suddenly. A red and black aura pulses outward in a second, throwing off the Psychic attacks of Kiri and Maki. The pulse is so powerful, that it throws Kiri backwards as if she had been hit.

Kiri: 95%

Maki is thrown to the side, but manages to remain aloft. But as the sandstorm comes, she too, like Speedy, is sucked into the maelstrom. She struggles to escape, but cannot overcome the terrible winds that follow.

Maki: 86%, Trapped

Hyacinth, you can no longer see Maki.

OOC: The plot thickens.... This Mission will not be easy. As demonstrated, pokemon can be hurt and so can people. It isn't an easy world to live in. You must work together.

As you may have noticed. All pokemon in the air have been trapped in the sandstorm. Pokemon on the ground are fine as long as they are still conscious.

There are some reasons why some of your tactics did not work. I cannot reveal those reasons now. Let's just say that it's all connected. You'll find out... soon enough.

Ranger Reynolds has finished his battle, though you cannot see him. Hyacinth, since you were looking outside, you noticed a man wearing a ten-gallon hat attending to the fallen ranger, by Skarmory, checking her pulse. That was the last you saw of him.

Last edited by HKim; 04-25-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Metallic Houndoom Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Metallic Houndoom

Battle:

Taz gritted his teeth as sand whipped against his face. "HOUNDOOM!" Taz yelled looking around desperately. Cacnea had created a huge sand tornado causing Taz and Houndoom to be separated. Cacnea could probably see Houndoom through the twister and would be able to launch surprise attacks. Taz was unsure if the Cacnea had attacked Houndoom yet but he had heard Houndoom cry out.

"HOUNDOOM!" Taz yelled, trying to get his voice heard over the raging wind. "If you can hear me I want you to use Roar so I can find out where you are, and then use Smog around yourself so Cacnea can't see you." He prayed that Houndoom had heard but wouldn't find out until it worked.

Taz also noticed that the other ranger had disappeared. He didn't have any Pokemon and wondered if he'd be alright. Dam it! If only I had a flying Pokemon I could get rid of the twister. He decided he'd wait and see if Houndoom could stop Cacnea before asking for help. Everyone else seemed busy in there own battles.

Fire:

Politoed was amazed at how Swampy and Casper were using giant water bombs to extinguish the flames. He decide he'd like to help out. He sent a blast of water in the same direction as Swampy, hoping that Casper would catch on and merge them to make an even bigger bomb.

Credit to EmBreon
Old 04-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

OOC: I really must apologize for not posting by now, guys..I haven't exactly been helping out the team at all since this started...*sighs* It's just...some personal things had come up and occupied my mind quite enough that I've had difficulty working together a post for this...

So this OOC post is to tell everyone that I am indeed alive and still in this, and that I will make a post when I can later, okay...?
Old 04-26-2009, 06:39 AM
Dragoness Offline

Kati/Larry:

A shoot of fierce pain went through Kati's left shoulder. Crying, she pushed herself up from the pointy rock she had been knocked into. The rock jutted out of the ground, sand quickly covering up any blood on it. Ah yes, the sand. Somehow a massive sandstorm had started, sending tiny grits of yellow dirt flying everywhere. Kati could barely see in front of her, but she was more worried about her shoulder. The rock had ripped into her pale blue T-shirt and dug itself into her skin, causing a steady stream of blood to come from it.

That's not good, Kati thought to herself as she stood, bracing herself against the sandstorm. I've read a couple basic medical textbooks. That is more than a small abrasion, it's a deep gash. I need to get it tied up soon.

Kati still had her small backpack on her, but it was almost like she forgot about it and the useful tools inside it. That was partly due to the vicious storm of sand whipping around her, the battles that were taking place and the fall she had experienced when Seedot exploded.

Feeling a little sick, Kati started moving towards where Larry should be, her legs taking her across the burned grass and rocks within a couple minutes. Gasping, Kati threw herself onto Larry's massive blue tail. "Larry!" she called to the great Gyarados. Looking down at his master in concern, Larry snuggled his face down beside Kati, brushing her with his cat-fish whiskers.

"I need help Larry! Please. Try and call out, surely someone will hear," Kati asked Larry, her dark eyes fixing onto Larry's bright red ones. Standing at twenty feet in height, Kati was sure he would be noticed even in this storm and Larry would do his best to not let her down.

Wasting no time, the serpent-like Pokemon opened his large mouth and let out a massive wail mixed with a roar. For the next couple minutes he continued to let out distressed roars, pleading for someone, anyone to hear him and come to him. Gyarados' usually did not make hurt yells like that without a good reason. Surely someone would hear Larry and come to him, where they would find Kati.
--

Snookerdoodle:

Wincing, the bright yellow Pokemon stood up. Her eyes were watering from the sandstorm, but she did not appear seriously injured. Most Pokemon are fairly smart and Snookerdoodle was no dummy. She remembered the Seedot's explosion. Looking around, trying to see through the sandstorm, Snookerdoodle decided to try and find Kati. She was worried about her and also fearful for her Pokemon friends. Not that she would ever admit that she worried about Growly, Bell and Larry. Hearing Larry's faint calls, Snookerdoodle slowly started pushing her way through the storm.
---
Bell:

The large Weepinbell let out a scream as it landed on the rough ground. The explosion from the Seedot had it sent it flying a few dozen feet from where it had been moments before. As it landed on the ground, the soft sweater Kati had tied around her ears cushioned the blow, but it untied itself as soon as Bell started to get up. Eyes still pale white, Bell looked around, her gaze falling upon the forest. As she stared at all the tall, leafy green trees, Bell blinked for a split second. She could hear Larry's calling out. Her gaze focused back on the forest, but she blinked her large blue eyes once more. It was difficult to tell if she knew the Gyarados' roars were coming from Larry, or if she was just blinking because of the sand. Maybe the storm had knocked some sense back into her, or maybe it hadn't done anything to her at all, other than leave a couple bloody scratches...
---
Growly:

Growly let out a cry. She knew something was going on, but the sandstorm blocked her view. She couldn't even tell if the Ivysaur had fainted or not, though she knew that it had to be on front of her by only a few feet. Pacing the ground, Growly heard Larry's calls. A moment of indecision hit the dog-like Pokemon. Should she stay with the Ranger or go to see Larry? She wanted to see Larry, but Kati had ordered her to stay with the Ranger.

Pacing back and forth, Growly snapped at the wind. She hated not going to see Larry, but she knew the Ranger would need her. Besides, Larry was a strong Pokemon and he would not have been hurt by that explosion from the stupid Seedot. Not much anyway. Larry would be more than capable of helping Kati if she needed it.
__

OCC: @Harry: You didn't say I couldn't RP Snookerdoodle, so I just decided to send her off in the general direction of Larry and Kati. I decided to leave what Bell does next in your hands, leaving a gateway open for Bell to either stare into the forest or slowly start to come to her senses. Also, you did not say anything about Growly, so I figured she was far enough away from the blast that she wouldn't be really hurt by it--though she does know something happened.

Last edited by Dragoness; 04-26-2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: I so forgot something...I also need to stop making posts when I am tired!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: Rain Dance anyone? I'd do that, but I want to wait for Ayra before posting my RP part, since I asked her a question.

Also, MH, dunno if you forgot, but you never called out either Weavile or Electivire, so it's not like you don't have any Pokemon.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 04-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Ayra Calaenlen Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Ayra Calaenlen

OoC.
Sorry for the wait everyone D= Kinda got caught up in school and then spring chores and such. Also, just to throw something out in regards to Rain Dance, wouldn't that be more of a disadvantage seeing that would weaken fire moves and possibly hurt Pokemon with exposed flames, like Charmander? =X That's why I've been a bit hesitant about having Nyello use it, seeing I would prefer him not being blamed for Charmander murder if the poor thing's tail goes out D=

BiC.
Infirmary
Ayra couldn't help but look a little hurt when her suggestion was shot down so quickly, though she didn't really dwell on it for long. Obviously they were a lot deeper into this thing than she had first assumed. In truth, it had been rather silly to think this may have been an in and out job just judging by what had happened so far...

A gasp escaped her mouth and she put a hand over her mouth as she jumped away from the injured ranger as his body began to convulse rapidly, letting Doctor Yin have as much room as she needed. She had never really seen a seizure happen before, and in all honesty, it was relatively frightening just to sit there and watch as the poor man became a victim to his own irregular muscle spasms... at least, that's what she thought a seizure was.

She turned as Hyacinth directed a comment in her direction, her hand still clasped over her mouth and her eyes still wide with shock. It was a rather hilarious expression in all truth, with her blonde hair hanging in her eyes as it had been partially pulled out of its ponytail and was now frazzled and a complete wreck. Well, on the plus side, she had never been much to really pay much heed to her looks anyway.

Ayra opened her mouth to respond but the other was out of the infirmary before she could. She finally let her hand drop, and could feel the distinct, coppery taste of blood on her lips in addition to the sticky feeling of the crimson liquid drying all over her face.

... Yes, she was certainly very gory. An involuntary shudder went up her spine. It really wasn't even the fact that she she had the liquid all over her face at this point thanks to her momentary absentmindedness when it came to covering her mouth, but rather the fact that there was just so much of it. How much blood had that ranger lost?

She hurried after Hyacinth, lifting one of her hands to wipe a few spots of blood from her glasses through she stopped halfway. That would just make it worse. "I still have my Lapras and Trapinch..." she said, finally managing to respond to the question he had asked a few moments ago before he ran off. "I can probably stay here. I don't really have much medical experience but I can at least do what I'm told..."

She glanced quickly back over her shoulder, then shifted her attention to the battles that had just erupted. "Actually..." she pulled out Spirits Pokeball, holding it up. "My Trapinch... she's used to sandstorms I'm sure... she may be able to help you find that ranger.

I'm not sure if Jecht could be any help though. We're not exactly close enough to the ocean for his abilities to be very beneficial..."

The Fires
Nyello hoped back and forth happily, clapping his hands together with their characteristic sucking sound with every connection as the slightly sticky pads on his moist fingers stick together. The Politoed seemed oblivious to the Swampert's expression, and simply went on croaking loudly as his makeshift seaweed 'uniform' rocked back and forth on his body with every movement.

He was certainly a very odd Politoed.

Even so, he didn't take part in the next 'strategy'. Rather, he stayed on the sidelines, still hopping about and croaking wildly as he watched the technique get put into action. He seemed to have taken on the temporary role of a cheerleader of sorts, though it didn't take long for his wide eyes to take notice of the fact that even though the fires were being put under control, they were still present.

Well then, time for the Politoed touch!

Nyello puffed up his chest, a few trickles of water escaping his lips, though he didn't fire a Hydro Pump this time. Rather, he decided to use an attack that was a bit easier to control, opening his wide mouth to release a stream of rapid fire bubbles towards the areas that still sparked with flames in an attempt to get a few more of the possibly still potent embers to finally go out.

Well, arguably the Bubblebeam could reduce the speed the fires were burning at as well! After all, that's what the attack did right?

... Only in Nyello's mind when it came to inanimate things that had absolutely no muscle function whatsoever.

Olossė, Charmander, Speedy vs. Lileep
Olossė had been taken by surprise when the Lileep's tendrils wrapped around her cne shaped body. A loud cry of startled pain escaped her mouth as she tried to struggle against it, her breathing rapid, though that only seemed to make the situation worse as the tendrils continued to close tightly around her body.

Her eyes focus for a moment onm the Ninjask that had come to her aide, a single moment of relief coming to her mind as she thought that perhaps this meant she was going to be freed, but it was not so. The Charmander she had come to aide's blast, which had been meant for the Lileep, missed and instead hit her would-be saviour as the winds immediately began to pick up and, as a result, sucked the bug-type into the vortex.

She was safe from that regard, caught in the clutches of the Lileep which was still squeezing her, but she couldn't stay trapped here forever. Already her breathing was becoming forced and laboured as her lungs had very little room to expand as it was. She would probably begin to feel light-headed soon, and once that happened it would probably be all over because of lack of concentration.

Even so... her eyes immediately lit up with an idea as a curious white-blue glow began to slowly expand around her body. She almost seemed to grin as the clouds overhead began to darken and an ominous chill dropped around the area.

She was attempting to alter the weather through use of Hail, hoping to perhaps surprise the Lileep into releasing her from its clutches by the clumps of ice that would barrel from the skies overhead should the attack succeed in working. Not to mention her species absolutely adored the falling ice to an extent that they even had an ability that may help her in this situation. Yes, being a Snorunt and having access to the technique Ice Body was certainly a marvelous thing.

Plus it might even cancel out that terribly annoying Sandstorm. It was worth a shot anyway.

OoC.
....Lol, I totally forgot Olossė had access to Hail xD Eh, it's worth a shot. Sorry if I overlooked something. I don't think I did, but there was a lot to catch up on xD

Evolves at: 59.

Last edited by Ayra Calaenlen; 04-26-2009 at 03:21 PM.