Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:04 AM
LS Offline

Default Re: .:The Official Pe2k Podcast Thread:. [New Episode! 06/06/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
^

He gets turned on by different accents though so we might have to make sure he isn't doing anything weird when we record.

WHY DONT YOU JUST ANNOUNCE IT TO THE WORLD OK

cait gets turned on by big feet and gnomes
Old 07-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
That is not mean. However, I have a temper that I try my best to keep in check.
It's okay, Mike; he was kidding. xD

And yes, Cait, I figured that out whilst talking to him last night. And wow. Weird turn ons. XD

ANYWAY. I really hope we can get this up and running soon. c: As I said, I'll make a list, post it here, assemble the first episode's team, and prior to that, Mike and I shall do a small introductory podcast-thing. c: Kind of like a test.

IMPORTANT QUESTION:
Do you guys think it would be better to record the podcast and upload it through iTunes or use our Pe2kVoices channel on Youtube and put it there instead?

iTunes Pros:
- People can subscribe
- It's a handy place to keep all your downloaded podcasts
- It's a music file

iTunes Cons:
- The old podcasts are no longer available through iTunes. I don't want the new ones to randomly disappear either
- People have to have iTunes, and they have to download them instead of being able to watch them once (yet people downloading it works to our advantage too, I guess)
- We won't get as much activity/notice of our Pe2kVoices channel, where other Pe2k voice projects are uploaded and showcased
- I'll have to learn how to upload and work podcasts, which also means creating a new account, so the old and the new podcasts will therefore be separate

YouTube pros:
- People can subscribe
- It's easy to click on the link and play it
- It can be more easily accessed by a wider audience (and we can provide quick and easy links to people)
- We can possibly showcase random Pe2k art in the background
- It's very easy for me and won't require setting up an iTunes thing
- We can also upload old podcasts to Youtube so people don't have iTunes problems
- We can have subtitles if need be
- We can have a description, if anything needs to be added

YouTube cons:
- You'd have to go out of your way to download it, which some people might not want to do, especially if they have to find a way to convert the video to a sound file (which, I guess, can be fixed if we provide a link to an MP3 converting site in the description or something)
- It kind of breaks tradition

So, I can see much more reason to do it via YouTube than iTunes, and I think I'd prefer it that way. What do you guys think? If you have more pros and cons for either or both, I'd like to hear them. :]

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 07-13-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 AM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Nothing to add to the pros and cons list since you pretty much had them all listed there, but since you're bringing up 'assembling first episodes team' and 'making an intro' I'd like to ask when exactly is this going to be held?

|thedynamicduo|
Old 07-13-2011, 05:36 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Maybe you could put it on youtube and then also upload the audio to a site like megaupload or something so that people can download it directly as a music file if they prefer? =)
Old 07-13-2011, 06:55 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
Nothing to add to the pros and cons list since you pretty much had them all listed there, but since you're bringing up 'assembling first episodes team' and 'making an intro' I'd like to ask when exactly is this going to be held?
If I knew, I would have said so. I'm not sure. Mike and I will do one in our own time, and upload it, but first I need to figure out who's going to be in the first episode and whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
Maybe you could put it on youtube and then also upload the audio to a site like megaupload or something so that people can download it directly as a music file if they prefer? =)
Well that's why I suggested that I could give a link to an mp3 conversion site where people could download them as MP3s if they prefer. o: But I could do that.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!

Another Pro for iTunes is that you would be able to listen to it wherever you are, even without internet.

But YouTube sounds like the better choice.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys! View Post
Another Pro for iTunes is that you would be able to listen to it wherever you are, even without internet.

But YouTube sounds like the better choice.
BUT. If you download the Youtube video with that audio converter thing, then you'd have it as well. o:

Okay. I think I'll stick with YouTube. ^^

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Another Youtube con is that if it's longer than 10 minutes you generally have to break it down unless you acquire special permissions from Youtube. I doubt any podcast is going to be under 10 minutes.

I have not signed up for this on the forum. Must I, Xanthe? or did our more recent conversation provide enough pray tell..?

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
Another Youtube con is that if it's longer than 10 minutes you generally have to break it down unless you acquire special permissions from Youtube. I doubt any podcast is going to be under 10 minutes.

I have not signed up for this on the forum. Must I, Xanthe? or did our more recent conversation provide enough pray tell..?
OH. I totally forgot about that. o___o Do you know what it will take to get this 'special permission'? o: Darn...I thought I had this all figured out. =/ Thanks for reminding me, though. (EDIT) It's actually a 15 minute limit, so I guess we can do it in two parts, provided we keep it around 30 minutes. Although this obviously isn't guaranteed, but I guess we can do more podcasts per week. But I dunno. I'm really annoyed about this limit now, since I don't want to have millions of parts for each video...

Yes, I know that you want in. :3 And I know how to contact you too. xD

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 07-13-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!

You could always upload it to a site like Podbean, and then put a video on the PE2K voices page telling people that the podcast is up? Or maybe even put a couple of highlights on the PE2K voices page to sort-of persuade people to listen to the whole thing?
Old 07-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys! View Post
You could always upload it to a site like Podbean, and then put a video on the PE2K voices page telling people that the podcast is up? Or maybe even put a couple of highlights on the PE2K voices page to sort-of persuade people to listen to the whole thing?
Ooh, you're smart. o: I like your thinking! >8D Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check out said site. :3

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:

The new Youtube video upload time is 18 minutes, just to tell you.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:32 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
The new Youtube video upload time is 18 minutes, just to tell you.
Still too short for any typical podcast. Those thing generally last a good while. Then again, Austin was powerless against a group of people and stuff never really got done, So hopefully you two have the ability to change that.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Still too short for any typical podcast. Those thing generally last a good while. Then again, Austin was powerless against a group of people and stuff never really got done, So hopefully you two have the ability to change that.
Also, audio files are smaller than standard video files, meaning we could upload more since the video file would be so small.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Yes, but the fact still remains. 18 minutes is the limit, no matter the size. And that's not long enough for a podcast. I think I'll go with Rhys' idea and use another site to upload it, and only use YouTube for highlights/promos for the episodes, so that it gets people wanting to hear it. I think that would be okay. Plus, it's easy to give links around the place and whatnot, and I still like the idea better than using iTunes.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!