Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Interactive Projects

Interactive Projects Post your latest ideas and work with others to create masterpieces to astound the world!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:52 PM
XaiakuX Online
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX
Default Re: .:The Official Pe2k Podcast Thread:. [New Episode! 06/06/10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Also, audio files are smaller than standard video files, meaning we could upload more since the video file would be so small.
Well I wasn't necessarily saying "hey don't try Youtube, it wont work." I've never dismissed the possibility of anything, I was just saying what I know. If it'll work, go for it, and it probably wouldn't hurt to cut it into parts. Although I like the more recent Idea of putting a sample of it up on Youtube, then posting a download link to the full thing from megaupload or mediafire or whatever. I think it'd be neat.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post
Yes, but the fact still remains. 18 minutes is the limit, no matter the size. And that's not long enough for a podcast. I think I'll go with Rhys' idea and use another site to upload it, and only use YouTube for highlights/promos for the episodes, so that it gets people wanting to hear it. I think that would be okay. Plus, it's easy to give links around the place and whatnot, and I still like the idea better than using iTunes.

~GS.
Mkay. And actually, Youtube allows longer time limits if the video file is small. I have been uploading for 4 years xD
Old 07-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Thanks for the input, Caleb. :] It's appreciated.

Quote:
Mkay. And actually, Youtube allows longer time limits if the video file is small. I have been uploading for 4 years xD
Pfft, 4 years? Dude. I've been uploading for one. I think I would know a little more than you. :P

XD Jokes, jokes. Okay. I guess we'll have to see how it goes. Mike, perhaps we can do the intro tomorrow. ^^

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Yes, but the fact still remains. 18 minutes is the limit, no matter the size. And that's not long enough for a podcast. I think I'll go with Rhys' idea and use another site to upload it, and only use YouTube for highlights/promos for the episodes, so that it gets people wanting to hear it. I think that would be okay. Plus, it's easy to give links around the place and whatnot, and I still like the idea better than using iTunes.

~GS.
I think this'd work a lot better. Not everyone has iTunes, either!

And like Caleb said, Austin was often overruled by the old podcast team (eheh) so he had a lot to cut out and also a lot of swearing to replace with funny noises or whatever. xD Hopefully this time around it won't have as much garble in to edit.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
Well I wasn't necessarily saying "hey don't try Youtube, it wont work." I've never dismissed the possibility of anything, I was just saying what I know. If it'll work, go for it, and it probably wouldn't hurt to cut it into parts. Although I like the more recent Idea of putting a sample of it up on Youtube, then posting a download link to the full thing from megaupload or mediafire or whatever. I think it'd be neat.
I am sorry if I sounded rude, but I did not mean to. I was just simply correcting the statement =D
Old 07-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Yeah try youtube. I think it's worth a shot, considering that downloading of the podcasts usually doesn't pan out right. I'm 90% sure not many people downloaded the podcasts I did like 5-6 years ago when I did them.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Another thing to consider is the quantity of relevant stories and articles that can be discussed in the podcast. Since this is a pokemon-related forum, most (if not all) the discussion should be related to pokemon in some way. But obviously it's going to get off topic since there isn't as much activity on the forum and there really isn't anything big about pokemon as of now.

And one question, if this does take off, what day(s) do you guys plan on doing it? I know that I can join in on this for a couple of episodes if it's on a weekday rather than weekend. jw

|thedynamicduo|
Old 07-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
Since this is a pokemon-related forum, most (if not all) the discussion should be related to pokemon in some way. But obviously it's going to get off topic since there isn't as much activity on the forum and there really isn't anything big about pokemon as of now.
That was the plan for the old podcast but we found it simply wasn't enough to make a decent 40-50 minute podcast (that was the average length). We discussed video games and movies in general as well, and other forum activity not related to Pokemon.

Austin used to type out a plan that he'd send in the chat and we'd follow, but we'd follow it loosely. Too much constraint makes it wooden, and these things are meant to be fun.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post

That was the plan for the old podcast but we found it simply wasn't enough to make a decent 40-50 minute podcast (that was the average length). We discussed video games and movies in general as well, and other forum activity not related to Pokemon.

Austin used to type out a plan that he'd send in the chat and we'd follow, but we'd follow it loosely. Too much constraint makes it wooden, and these things are meant to be fun.
Which is what the team should be going for. Forum activity and personal entertainment is a good thing to chat about but there should be interaction between the members at almost all times rather than there being awkward silences the whole time. Encourage fun but make sure you're going somewhere with the topic.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 07-14-2011, 02:16 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Craig, that's another topic entirely I hope to figure out as we go along. I do like the old podcasts; however, I found that the episodes didn't exactly follow a strict plan (for better or for worse), and I hoped to keep it a little more pokemon-based, and to, for instance, start an open chat about the pokemon we're doing or whatever, and then, like you said, hopefully we won't get too off topic and there'll be no kinds of awkward silence. xD And if we get lots of talkative people, that's not going to be a problem. ;3

Well since it seemed to suit a lot of people, I would go for Friday (after school)/Saturday/Sunday, but the only problem is that I live in Australia. Most of you live in the States or England, so my times are drastically different to yours, which is why I can't give a flat out statement of when I'll be able to do it (to the hour), since then you guys wouldn't know what time that is your-time. In case you're wondering, I'm GMT+10, so I'm always going to be ahead of you. Unless you live in New Zealand. xD

You know how the old podcasts talked about a specific pokemon for the first ten or so minutes, and then didn't really talk about it again much? Well I was thinking that I (or we) could choose a pokemon at random, still read out facts like in the old ones, and talk about our personal experiences with that pokemon. If there are none or even just few, then I could have a couple of things planned out that we could talk about anyway; for instance, an upcoming game, opinions on the WiiU for example, or even just casual chats (that are fuelled by something interesting so we don't spiral into an awkward silence or anything xD).

I was hoping to pick the random pokemon through non-biased means, such as a random number generator which will pick a number between 1 and...however many pokemon there are now, and we'll talk about the one it picks, since I think that may be a better way to go about it rather than systematically going through numerically.

What do you guys think? Obviously I won't be the only one thinking up ideas and stuff for us to chat about (since that would make me controlling and it means you guys won't have a say, which is why I won't do that xD), but since me and Mike are "running" it, I guess we're kind of the project managers.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:14 AM

Lol. Manager. Never have I actually been managing anything 8D Eva since oi wash a little child, I have olwaysh dreamed of managing something! (Brit accent ftw)

Anyway! Great idea about the number generator.

You live 8 hours ahead of me, silly goose xD

And so far, I agree with you all the way
Old 07-14-2011, 01:03 PM
XaiakuX Online
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
I hoped to keep it a little more pokemon-based, and to, for instance, start an open chat about the pokemon we're doing.
~GS.
OH, I LOVE DOING POKEMON! 8D

Okay.. so 9 PM for Xanthe is 7 AM here in Virginia.. Is Noon in England.

Soo.. With all that, said. I think that's how it should happen. Sucks for anyone in california, having to to it at 5 AM. Unless Xanthe wants to stay up later and do it. xD

Time Zones are a cruel mistress, I tell you.

As far as Pokemon topics.. there was a reason for it.. each episode was numbered in accordance with the Pokemon on the Pokedex.. (ie. Pikachu would represent episode 25, since his number in the Pokedex is 25.) However I do believe that the podcast back then was just more of a talk show, like David Letterman, only with nerdy Pokemon fans, and not 62 year old men, with a horrid sense of humor. Not including Mitch.

If you remain too strict, like Caitlin said, it'd become wooden, boring. No fun at all. THIS PODCAST IS ABOUT PIKACHU.. NOTHING ELSE. MAYBE THE GOD AWFUL WII-U AND A RANDOM POKEMON THAT IS IRRELEVANT TO PIKACHU. BUT MOSTLY PIKACHU. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT MUSIC OR ART, WE DON'T CARE. THIS IS A POKEMON PODCAST. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TOO BAD.. YOU'RE GOING TO LISTEN TO US ANYWAYS. BECAUSE WE'RE HERE TO ENTERTAIN YOU. WITH POKEMON. LIKE A BLOCK OF WOOD.

Sounds fantastic right? It was actually a raging contradiction. But, I suppose it's all just a work in progress. I rather like the idea of the number generator. But what if we get the same number as before. No sense in talking about the same Pokemon a second time, really. xD

Number 212.. Scizor. Caleb: Yaaaay! Everyone else: Alrighty -talks about scizor-
The next week
Number 212.. Scizor. Caleb: Yaaaay! Everyone else: Okay..? -talks about scizor more-
The next week
Number 212.. Scizor. Caleb: Yaaaay! Everyone else: wtf dude? I quit.

Get it?

Basically, what you're saying towards the end of your post is, "lets do everything like the old podcast, but with controlled chaos, not hectic madness." Which the lack of one Zach Nordwall would already make it less hectic. I guess it's all always a possibility. I'm okay with it. But you're gonna have to work out the kinks. For instance, your number generator idea. if you're planning to do that, prepare to make a list of all the Pokemon we've already discussed, and add to that list to prevent repetitive podcast topics. Also, Pokemon is great, I love it, but it's not everything that this forum is about, despite the title of the forum. Keep that in mind, some, if not all of us, enjoy talking about things outside of Pokemon, and stuff we do outside the forums in general, so always allow that freedom to talk about those things. But don't let it get too out of hand. It's a pretty tough job to maintain a podcast.

Anyways. Uhm.. That's my 2 cents. If they help at all. I figured I'd stop typing because I can't think of much else to say. I await the first podcast run by you guys. I also await to be a part of it. xD

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Lol. Manager. Never have I actually been managing anything 8D Eva since oi wash a little child, I have olwaysh dreamed of managing something! (Brit accent ftw)

Anyway! Great idea about the number generator.

You live 8 hours ahead of me, silly goose xD

And so far, I agree with you all the way
Oh you. Mike. xD Thanks. Great to have the support. ;]

CALEB. xD Well obviously if that number generator spits out the same number as before, then I'll just click the button again and we'll do the next one that shows up. XD Plus, I'm pretty sure we'll know which ones we've done. :P

ALSO. REMEMBER THIS:
Quote:
for instance, an upcoming game, opinions on the WiiU for example, or even just casual chats (that are fuelled by something interesting so we don't spiral into an awkward silence or anything xD).
CASUAL CHATS MEANING NON-POKEMON RELATED STUFF. SILLY.

xD Anyway, good points raised. BUT. Obviously I'm not going to be strict, and I do know how fun works. xD Plus, like I said, I don't wanna be all like "FOLLOW A PLAN DAMMIT. I'M THE LEADER SO LISTEN TO ME. DON'T DO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T PUT ON THE 'DO' LIST!" or anything. xD So it won't be manager's-opinions-operated. x)

We'll figure it out. :3 Hopefully Mike and I can release the intro tomorrow, and I'll compose a list of all those who want to do it, and possibly allocate them to the next three podcasts...or something. Or just see who wants to do what one. xD OKAY. OKAY. GOOD. AND LOL ABOUT THE SCIZOR THING.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 07-14-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
OH, I LOVE DOING POKEMON! 8D

Okay.. so 9 PM for Xanthe is 7 AM here in Virginia.. Is Noon in England.

Soo.. With all that, said. I think that's how it should happen. Sucks for anyone in california, having to to it at 5 AM. Unless Xanthe wants to stay up later and do it. xD

Time Zones are a cruel mistress, I tell you.

As far as Pokemon topics.. there was a reason for it.. each episode was numbered in accordance with the Pokemon on the Pokedex.. (ie. Pikachu would represent episode 25, since his number in the Pokedex is 25.) However I do believe that the podcast back then was just more of a talk show, like David Letterman, only with nerdy Pokemon fans, and not 62 year old men, with a horrid sense of humor. Not including Mitch.

If you remain too strict, like Caitlin said, it'd become wooden, boring. No fun at all. THIS PODCAST IS ABOUT PIKACHU.. NOTHING ELSE. MAYBE THE GOD AWFUL WII-U AND A RANDOM POKEMON THAT IS IRRELEVANT TO PIKACHU. BUT MOSTLY PIKACHU. IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT MUSIC OR ART, WE DON'T CARE. THIS IS A POKEMON PODCAST. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TOO BAD.. YOU'RE GOING TO LISTEN TO US ANYWAYS. BECAUSE WE'RE HERE TO ENTERTAIN YOU. WITH POKEMON. LIKE A BLOCK OF WOOD.

Sounds fantastic right? It was actually a raging contradiction. But, I suppose it's all just a work in progress. I rather like the idea of the number generator. But what if we get the same number as before. No sense in talking about the same Pokemon a second time, really. xD

Number 212.. Scizor. Caleb: Yaaaay! Everyone else: Alrighty -talks about scizor-
The next week
Number 212.. Scizor. Caleb: Yaaaay! Everyone else: Okay..? -talks about scizor more-
The next week
Number 212.. Scizor. Caleb: Yaaaay! Everyone else: wtf dude? I quit.

Get it?

Basically, what you're saying towards the end of your post is, "lets do everything like the old podcast, but with controlled chaos, not hectic madness." Which the lack of one Zach Nordwall would already make it less hectic. I guess it's all always a possibility. I'm okay with it. But you're gonna have to work out the kinks. For instance, your number generator idea. if you're planning to do that, prepare to make a list of all the Pokemon we've already discussed, and add to that list to prevent repetitive podcast topics. Also, Pokemon is great, I love it, but it's not everything that this forum is about, despite the title of the forum. Keep that in mind, some, if not all of us, enjoy talking about things outside of Pokemon, and stuff we do outside the forums in general, so always allow that freedom to talk about those things. But don't let it get too out of hand. It's a pretty tough job to maintain a podcast.

Anyways. Uhm.. That's my 2 cents. If they help at all. I figured I'd stop typing because I can't think of much else to say. I await the first podcast run by you guys. I also await to be a part of it. xD
Time zones are fun though. I live in the future, and so I get to celebrate Christmas before you xDDDD

And yes, I do not want to be restricted to talking just about Pokemon, after all, that would get boring.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Quote:
Time zones are fun though. I live in the future, and so I get to celebrate Christmas before you xDDDD

And yes, I do not want to be restricted to talking just about Pokemon, after all, that would get boring.
XDDDDDDDDD That made me laugh. But. In saying that. I get to celebrate it before you. :3

What? D: WHAT?! D:< POKEMON? BORING? Preposterous! *posh face* I could talk about pokemon for hours and not get bored. xD Not saying I'll make everyone talk about pokemon in the podcast. :c

As for times I can be on, haha, yeah, I don't want to get people up really early, so I can try to do later. But I can also wake up early or something to do these, but only on weekends. xD We'll see. c: I guess once I get the list together, I'll get everyone's times, post their times in everyone else's time zones, and we'll try to work it out from there. :3

Anyway. Off to bed.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 07-14-2011 at 02:08 PM.