Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 02:41 PM
The Politoed Hunter Offline
Banned

Default The NFE Realm (Project) Looking for feedback! *Submissions closed*

As everyone knows, the entire metagame revolves around Uber, OU, BL, UU and NU Pokemon. But what about the NFE Pokemon? Could there be a way to coporate them to be a more fun, and more popular in the metagame?

One way I proprose to do this, is in a way like Smogon, but only NFE Pokemon are on the tier lists. The tier list will be set in 5 (or more) groups. These tiers are called:

Uber
OU
BL
UU
NU

So, I may make a site, like Smogon's, showing all of this. If anyone could make suggestions as to which Pokemon are in which tier, I'd be grateful. Remember, this is NFE only.

THE only NFE tier list: http://thenferealm.bravehost.com/

Current tier list:

Uber:

Wynaut
Pikachu
Clamperl
Trapinch
Chansey
Porygon 2
Scyther

OU:

Gabite
Haunter
Kadabra
Metang
Shelgon
Sneasel
Dragonair
Munchlax
Machoke
Kirlia
Omanyte
Electabuzz
Piloswine
Tangela
Togetic

BL:

Rhydon
Magmar
Monferno
Carvahna
Lairon

UU:

Grovyle
Vibrava
Combusken
Abra

NU (Or The Little Cup):

Riolu
Krabby

Last edited by The Politoed Hunter; 06-03-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui
Default Re: The NFE Realm (Project)

it seams like a good idea.

gabite goes under adults.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 05-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Banned

Default Re: The NFE Realm (Project)

Gabite was always fresh in my mind.

If anyone can create and donate sets, I'd be grateful.

The website in the making is:

http://thenferealm.bravehost.com/index.html

It's still a working progress.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: The NFE Realm (Project) Looking for feedback!

and i also think that pokemon. that have a evolution in the NFE tier list should go with baby pokemon.

and rhydon should be semi-adult

and scyther and porygon 2 should also be adults

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:

Last edited by Ayotui; 05-31-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
and i also think that pokemon. that have a evolution in the NFE tier list should go with baby pokemon.

and rhydon should be semi-adult
The tier list isn't about what evolves into what, it's about how good they are in battle.

Any reason why Rhydon should be Pre-Adult? Gabite, I knew would be Adult, but why Rhydon?
Old 05-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Politoed Hunter View Post
The tier list isn't about what evolves into what, it's about how good they are in battle.

Any reason why Rhydon should be Pre-Adult? Gabite, I knew would be Adult, but why Rhydon?
because it is a 120 defence and a 130 attack, that is pretty high for a nfe

URPG VPP
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
because it is a 120 defence and a 130 attack, that is pretty high for a nfe
Agreed, I'll add it.

EDIT: There is one thing we both ignored. Rhydon's horrendous 4x weakness to Water and Grass. Rhyperior had it's ability to solve this, whereas Rhydon doesn't. For that reason, I am putting it in the Child Tier for now.

Last edited by The Politoed Hunter; 05-31-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Tranquil Leafeon

I like this idea. Haunter should be Pre-Adult, as should Kadabra. Chansey for Pre-Adult too, if it qualifies as NFE rather than UU. I also think Croconaw should be Child, but I'm not sure. After all, it has 80 base Attack and Dragon Dance, and a nice movepool. No Earthquake is sad, though. And, Gabite doesn't even get Swords Dance, which was the set that really made people want to ban Garchomp. I'm not trying to start a debate about Garchomp, but without Swords Dance, I think Gabite should be Pre-Adult, too. I'm still outnumbered in this, but I might as well state my opinion.
More and more of these Azelf leads come back in later to spread paralysis

Last edited by Tranquil Leafeon; 05-31-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Broderick Offline

Send a message via AIM to Broderick Send a message via MSN to Broderick

The base idea for tiering NFE's is a good idea, but these tiers honestly make no sense, and would be hard to follow.
We should use the current style of tiering, OU/UU, but for NFE pokemon like you suggested. Second form evolutions would be used most I would think, because some can acually compete in the standard UU metagame, like Electabuzz, Monferno, Rhydon, Gabite, etc.
And then have another system of OU/UU for first form evolutions, so as to have a tier system for little cup battles.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:39 PM
BigBoom Offline
Master Trainer

Omg, i werent expecting that : Looks Very Good Congratz :D
Old 05-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol Power View Post
I like this idea. Haunter should be Pre-Adult, as should Kadabra. Chansey for Pre-Adult too, if it qualifies as NFE rather than UU. I also think Croconaw should be Child, but I'm not sure. After all, it has 80 base Attack and Dragon Dance, and a nice movepool. No Earthquake is sad, though. And, Gabite doesn't even get Swords Dance, which was the set that really made people want to ban Garchomp. I'm not trying to start a debate about Garchomp, but without Swords Dance, I think Gabite should be Pre-Adult, too. I'm still outnumbered in this, but I might as well state my opinion.
i think you,re right. without sword dance garchomp would still be hard to Counter but counterable. so gabite should be pre adult

URPG VPP
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
i think you,re right. without sword dance garchomp would still be hard to Counter but counterable. so gabite should be pre adult
Okay good, I'm not alone on my side. CB STAB Outrage will always be annoying, but we can cope with it. the Steels in NFE (Metang, Bronzor, even Lairon) can eat those and still be hungry. Max/Max Bronzor (the weakest defensively of the 3, not considering weaknesses and resists) takes 37% max from an Adamant CB Outrage. None of the three like EQ except Bronzor, but they all handle Outrage easily. Gabite also doesn't have the Special Attack to take down physical walls with Fire Blast without investing a lot of EVs, and possibly a Nature.

Also, instead of Child for Croconaw, I meant Toddler. I thought Child was UU for some reason, instead of BL. Anyways, I think Sneasel should be OU/Pre-Adult. He gets Swords Dance, STAB Ice moves like Ice Shard, and has great Speed and good Attack.

Magmar is also pretty good with 95 Attack, 100 Special Attack, and 93 speed - a unique tier. However, Fire typing is fail and he has nowhere near the Special movepool of Magmortar, the prime thing missing being T-bolt. He also lacks SolarBeam and Taunt. My guess is Child/BL, but he might end up in UU/Toddler just because of his pathetic typing and lack of coverage without Hidden Power.

I also think Monferno should be BL/Child. He has the same great coverage as Infernape, but his base stats are lacking, even for NFE. He's also missing Nasty Plot.

Gligar should be OU/Pre-Adult or BL/Child. He resists Fighting, is immune to Ground, and is neutral to Rock. He also is immune to Electric. He gets Swords Dance to help him sweep, or can pull off Gliscor's Baton Pass set with it. I think OU/Pre-Adult, but I'm not sure.

Last edited by Tranquil Leafeon; 05-31-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Banned

Good to see lots of positive feedback. =D

@Absol Power:

I didn't know Gabite couldn't learn Swords Dance, making it a very viable reason for making it pre-adult. Your reasoning for the other Pokemon are very good as well, so I'll stick them up. Also, Chansey is UU, so it's not going onto the tier list. However, I could put Chansey, as well as Pikachu, Clampearl and Trapinch in Uber.

@Broderick:

I see where your coming from, so I'll change it to the standard system. As for the little cup Pokemon, we'll just see how far this goes first. ;P

Edit: I just decided to make NU the little cup, makes things easier, and also seems quite feasible.

@Bigboom:

Thanks for feedback.

I'll update the tiering and site soon.

Last edited by The Politoed Hunter; 05-31-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Tranquil Leafeon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Politoed Hunter View Post
Good to see lots of positive feedback. =D

@Absol Power:

I didn't know Gabite couldn't learn Swords Dance, making it a very viable reason for making it pre-adult. Your reasoning for the other Pokemon are very good as well, so I'll stick them up. Also, Chansey is UU, so it's not going onto the tier list. However, I could put Chansey, as well as Pikachu, Clampearl and Trapinch in Uber.

@Broderick:

I see where your coming from, so I'll change it to the standard system. As for the little cup Pokemon, we'll just see how far this goes first. ;P

Edit: I just decided to make NU the little cup, makes things easier, and also seems quite feasible.

@Bigboom:

Thanks for feedback.

I'll update the tiering and site soon.
Good. I'm glad I won't have to see those stupid Blissey Pokes anymore. Happiny is...well...pathetic, so we probably won't see it at all. Base 100 HP and 65 SpDf is just sad. Not like any other stats it has are good either.

Yeah, putting those guys in Ubers probably makes sense. After all, they are NFE and they are really good. (Pika w/ Light Ball and Chansey especially).

I can see Shelgon as a possible physical sweeper. He has base 95 Attack, Dragon Dance, STAB Outrage, a Defense stat that lets him take a hit or two, and perfect coverage. He wants EQ badly, but Outrage + Brick Break does get the coverage necessary, and he can then either use Fire Fang in the other slot (his Special Attack isn't worth trying to use Fire Blast) to hit Bronzor and Metang hard. His Speed stat is enough to let him outspeed all base 99s after one DD if he is Jolly (one point short of 328 to tie with +Base 100s). The most significant Pokemon outsped are Grovyle, Haunter, and Magmar.

Speaking of Grovyle, I think it should be UU. He has the Special Attack and Speed to be BL, but his movepool is sad. He doesn't get Focus Blast like Sceptile does, nor does he get Dragon Pulse. He has Dragonbreath which also can paralyze, but power is what we want on a sweeper. His notable Special moves are Leaf Storm, Energy Ball/Grass Knot (Energy Ball is better in NFE), Dragonbreath, and Hidden Power. Not a very good movepool. He has Swords Dance, but his Attack stat is too poor to do much sweeping without 2 or 3 SDs. His movepool is much better on the physical side, containing Leaf Blade, Brick Break, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Thunderpunch, Swords Dance, and Crunch. His best set, however, is probably SubSeed. He is outsped by only 4 NFEs, and ties with 5 including other Grovyle. Also, since he has a poor HP stat (that of Spiritomb, I think), he recovers a good percentage of health from each Leech Seed draining. Man, that was more than I ever thought I'd say about Grovyle.

Metang: My guess is OU or BL, but leaning quite towards OU. He doesn't have the best Attack stat, but his Defense is quite high. In fact, it is one of the top 10 in NFE. Even better, he has the 6th highest Defensive Potential in NFE, and even higher since Weaknesses and Resists aren't counted in that (if they were, at least 3 above him would move down quite far) He also has a great typing, giving him two weaknesses, only one of which is usually a physical attack. He resists 9 types, including Rock, Dragon, and Normal. Metang also makes a good lead, just like Metagross in the real OU. It can set up screens, SR, and Explode. On the offensive side, Metang is one of the few non-Ground typed NFEs that gets EQ. He also has Meteor Mash, T-punch and Ice Punch, Brick Break, Rock Slide, and once again Explosion. He doesn't get Hammer Arm, but Metagross never uses that anyway.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol Power View Post
Good. I'm glad I won't have to see those stupid Blissey Pokes anymore. Happiny is...well...pathetic, so we probably won't see it at all. Base 100 HP and 65 SpDf is just sad. Not like any other stats it has are good either.

Yeah, putting those guys in Ubers probably makes sense. After all, they are NFE and they are really good. (Pika w/ Light Ball and Chansey especially).

I can see Shelgon as a possible physical sweeper. He has base 95 Attack, Dragon Dance, STAB Outrage, a Defense stat that lets him take a hit or two, and perfect coverage. He wants EQ badly, but Outrage + Brick Break does get the coverage necessary, and he can then either use Fire Fang in the other slot (his Special Attack isn't worth trying to use Fire Blast) to hit Bronzor and Metang hard. His Speed stat is enough to let him outspeed all base 99s after one DD if he is Jolly (one point short of 328 to tie with +Base 100s). The most significant Pokemon outsped are Grovyle, Haunter, and Magmar.

Speaking of Grovyle, I think it should be UU. He has the Special Attack and Speed to be BL, but his movepool is sad. He doesn't get Focus Blast like Sceptile does, nor does he get Dragon Pulse. He has Dragonbreath which also can paralyze, but power is what we want on a sweeper. His notable Special moves are Leaf Storm, Energy Ball/Grass Knot (Energy Ball is better in NFE), Dragonbreath, and Hidden Power. Not a very good movepool. He has Swords Dance, but his Attack stat is too poor to do much sweeping without 2 or 3 SDs. His movepool is much better on the physical side, containing Leaf Blade, Brick Break, Rock Slide, X-Scissor, Thunderpunch, Swords Dance, and Crunch. His best set, however, is probably SubSeed. He is outsped by only 4 NFEs, and ties with 5 including other Grovyle. Also, since he has a poor HP stat (that of Spiritomb, I think), he recovers a good percentage of health from each Leech Seed draining. Man, that was more than I ever thought I'd say about Grovyle.

Metang: My guess is OU or BL, but leaning quite towards OU. He doesn't have the best Attack stat, but his Defense is quite high. In fact, it is one of the top 10 in NFE. Even better, he has the 6th highest Defensive Potential in NFE, and even higher since Weaknesses and Resists aren't counted in that (if they were, at least 3 above him would move down quite far) He also has a great typing, giving him two weaknesses, only one of which is usually a physical attack. He resists 9 types, including Rock, Dragon, and Normal. Metang also makes a good lead, just like Metagross in the real OU. It can set up screens, SR, and Explode. On the offensive side, Metang is one of the few non-Ground typed NFEs that gets EQ. He also has Meteor Mash, T-punch and Ice Punch, Brick Break, Rock Slide, and once again Explosion. He doesn't get Hammer Arm, but Metagross never uses that anyway.
Sounds good. I'll go with your statements and add those Pokemon. If any one thinks against some of these Pokemon, be sure to have your say!

Come on guys, lets see some more tiering and sets. ;P
Closed Thread