Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 03-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise
Default Eh, the cards >.>

I was into the cards when Wizards of the Coast was in control of their production. Lately, I look at websites and see the newer cards would be considered broken in the WOTC era. And the cards aren't original anymore. 3 energy for 60 damage is...crazy. Maybe the cards are meant for a new metagame, but I'm dissappointed in the new generation of the cards. Too many good ideas in theory that seem, well, stupid on the cards. EX cards are incredibly dumb. Grass having Water Resistance? WTF?! Resistance is what immunities are in the Game Boy. I don't recall Grass being immune to water.
And while I'm at it, how is Swampert's weakness electric? HE'S PART GROUND

Discuss the stupidness of the newer cards, or go ahead and flame me.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Half a Dollar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Half a Dollar
Default Re: Eh, the cards >.>

Well,I think NOA is just not doing immunintys anymore,due to not having that much immune Pokemon. So they used the Pokemon that did not have that much weakness against types.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:03 AM
Mega Man Offline
New Trainer

Yes, Resistances were for the most part, immunities, but IMO it makes more since the way they've got it now... Grass actually is resistant to Water, now the card actually reflects that...

I agree with you about the Pokémon-ex though, they never needed to be made... They do add to the game, but they're too powerful, they almost make it so you have to play them to win. We're in the era of the 1HKO, there are so many cards that can KO just about any non-ex card in one shot, and this encourages people to play exs even more.

But it will be quite a while until the ex cards are rotated out of modified, and that's assuming TPC stops making exs after the upcoming Fire Red/Leaf Green Set, which they probably won't...

I gotta disagree that the cards are "stupid" though. They take some getting used to, but the metagame and format are completely different now. You just have to realize the advantages and disadvantages of using exs, the game is still very strategic, just the broken/cheap/overpowered boundaries have changed.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:47 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

The last time I played in a major tournament was at my local cardshop, and the winning deck was Genesis Sneasel, Base Wigglytuff, and Rocket's Zapdos. As you could tell, it was open set, meaning all sets were open to use. I got 8th with Rain Dance. If I could play again, it'd prolly be around when Genesis came out.