Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:26 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Default The Ruins - Journal of a Trainer

The Ruins
Journal of a Trainer
written by DK

I would like to mention that I didn't have enough room on this post so I had to make a new post for the rest.

Pokemon Going For: Bronzor
Difficulty: Medium
Characters Needed: 10-20k
Characters: 20,417

I hope you're reading this mom or dad. Heck I hope anybody is reading this because the only thing that's keeping me from going totally insane is having to get this all on paper with a feather and a small bottle of ink so that someday, someone will find this and help me out of this rat hole. You see, yesterday some things happened that ended up with me getting stuck here. Yesterday was the county semifinal basketball game and I'm sure you know how important I am to that team.

I was the highest scoring point guard in all of Sherman High School history and missing that game would have been like been like Kobe Bryant missing a Laker's playoff game. Well, maybe not that important, but the fact of the matter is that I had to make it to that game. The game was only two hours after I got home by the school bus and you know how late the school bus is and I had a butt load of homework to do. I also had to do some chores such as mowing the lawn, cleaning the house, that sort of thing so I was fried and the county semifinal game hasn't even started yet!

After doing all of that I had enough time to scarf down a few pop tarts, throw the ball with my dog Holly, and head out the door. I had gotten crumbs over my dark vermillion basketball uniform and my black haired head was sweating from doing the chores earlier, but I didn't have enough time to do anything about it. I grabbed my dark blue bag, put on my black tennishoes and headed out the door when I came face to face with Alyssa Cooper. Alyssa Cooper?

I'm pretty sure you know who she is. She's the top player of the girl's volleyball team, very popular, and the sexiest person I've ever seen in my life. She's the Alyssa Cooper that bites her lower lip when she's thinking, stares right into your heart with her deep blue eyes, and looks un-believable in her volleyball uniform. That very Alyssa Cooper was standing at my front door! And I looked like a slob right now!

I don't know what I'm fixating on Alyssa Cooper when I should be worrying about if I'm going to live or not. Maybe that's why I can't get her out of my head. I had a crush on her since the first time I saw her which was kindergarten. We even dated before back in the fourth and seventh grade! That Alyssa Cooper came to my house yesterday and...

“Hi.” greeted Alyssa who didn't directly look at me at first.

“Yo.” I replied back.

YO?! That wasn't even a real word! Nobody ever says “Yo” unless they're impersonating Sylvester Stallone, which I wasn't doing, trust me. I was waiting for the smile to drop off of her face, but instead she bit her lower lip like she always does. This was a good thing.

“I know you've got to get to the game and all, I don't want to make you late.” she said with an embarrassed smile on her face.

I had almost forgotten about the game I was supposed to get to since I was focusing only on Alyssa Cooper.

“I've got plenty of time so come on in.” I lied casually.

I was starting to recover nicely from the “yo” which was good. She walked past me and I got a hint of her rose-fragrance perfume that almost smelled heavenly. I had to hold myself back from taking in a huge inhale of that beautiful smell and now wasn't the time to do something stupid especially with your crush standing there with you. I couldn't think of anything to say so I waited for her to say something.

“I wasn't exactly sure if I should come here.” she said tentatively.

“I'm glad you did..” I shot back at perfect timing.

“Maybe it was to wish you luck at your game, but I think it's more than that..”

More than that? This had to be good.

“Really? Like what?” I replied with high hopes.

“I'm not sure how to say this, but Andrew.... I've had this feeling about you since we were kids.”

“Oh?” I shot back. Noncommittal, nonaggressive, perfect.

“Man I feel like such a geek for saying this....” she said, now turned around hiding her shame.

“Alyssa, there are a lot of words that come to my mind when I think about you and geek is definetely not one of them.”

The girl of my dreams turned around and smiled. “I'm not sure how to say this, so I'll just say it. Andrew, I know you're a brain and a jock and popular and all, but it's more than that. You've got something about you that I like. People trust you and they like you. It's not like you're trying to show off or anything. Maybe that's part of it. You don't act like you think you're better than everybody else. You're just this really good guy that....” she paused before going on and then the big thing. “... I've had this incredible crush on for a long time.”

Woohoo! Another change to go out with the girl of my dreams! Even though I was late for my game I didn't care. The only thing I cared about right now was that I could go out with the beautiful Alyssa Cooper.

“I'm not sure why I'm telling you this now, but I felt that I didn't tell you that I wouldn't ever get the chance to do it again. I wanted to tell you that and do this....”

That's when it happened, the kiss. She stepped forward, hesitating to see if I would stop her which I wouldn't, and we kissed. This wasn't your average kiss, this was a full-on, eyes closed, starting with tight lips but eventually morphing into a mutual open-mouthed probe thing that lasted for a good thirty seconds till my Uncle Benny walked in through the front door. I quickly pulled away from Alyssa so fast that she still had her eyes closed which made her look a little funny. Trust me that I didn't laugh.

“Uh, what's up Benny?” Yo probably would have been a better thing to say, that's how stupid I felt.

“I.... uh... I better go,” Alyssa stammered before leaving through the front door.

“No, please don't go.” I pleaded, but it was too late. She had already left leaving me with my trench coat wearing Uncle Benny.

“I'm sorry Andrew, but I need your help. This is urgent.” he said while scratching his brown colored fuzzy beard.

Urgent? Uncle Benny had never needed anything urgent in his life, well at least not that I know of. The biggest thing he's had me do was take a rusted old swing set to the dump and that was it. Something must've happened to make it so urgent.

“But I got a game. The County semi finals, I'm already late.” I said, remembering my important game that I had to be at. “Everybody's there so it's important I...”

“They'll understand now come with me, quickly.” he said cutting me off.

He lead my over to his sweet looking motorcycle. It looked like one of those multicolored Matchbox racers that I've played with when I was like four years old, but this one was real and it was my Uncle Benny's. He hopped onto the motorcycle, fixed his trenchcoat to where the flap would drap over evenly on both sides of the motorcycle and he started it. Uncle Benny had always dressed the same way in jeans, leather boots, and a white work shirt with his famous grey trenchcoat over it.

I proceeded over to his crimson red motorcycle and hopped onto the back of it and waited for him to go.

“Ready?” he asked, looking back while he put on his light red helmet.

I took another light red helmet from the compartment on the side of the motorcycle and put it on. “Ready.”

He then kicked the bike into gear, hit the gas, and the two of us flew down the bustling, surburban street of Mauville City. This had been my home from my entire childhood to now, I wish I could see it again. Maybe I can if someone will ever find me, which seems impossible right now. Anyways, me and my Uncle Benny raced down the path to the north of my town which was strange because this path took you to the desert on Route 111 or whatever Route it was called.

“Why are we going to the desert?” I asked curiously.

No answer came from my Uncle who was focusing only on the path ahead which was good because we were now in some rough terrain so being careful would be the best thing to do. I didn't ask again because I thought I would annoy him so I kept quiet and patiently waited to see what the two of us were going to do. All of a sudden my Uncle stopped the motorcycle, set the brakes and got off of it. He took two goggles from the same compartment I got my helmet from and put one of them on.

He threw the other goggle to me and I put them on. “We're here.” he said while staring at the forbidding desert.

“Why are we here?” I asked once again.

“You'll see, so come on.” He walked past me towards the desert and I followed him.

You wouldn't believe how horrible it was there. Sand blew at us like it was a storm or something and it was worse for me considering I was wearing my basketball uniform. There was piles of sand we had to walk on and sometimes we would sink right into them! After an agitating twenty minutes of walking through an endless amount of sand we arrived at the place. I had never seen anything like it.

“So what do you think?” Uncle Benny said with a goofy smile on his face.

I didn't say anything because I was too impressed with what I saw. It was a large stone temple with pillars in the shape of Pokemon. One Pokemon statue was a behemoth like creature with red rocky plates and a long tail. I knew this Pokemon was Groudon, but the other statue I didn't really know much about. The other Pokemon statue was a deep blue fish creature with big fins on each side and a tail that was tattered with four trails. I think this Pokemon was called Kyogre or something, I can't recall.

“It's......... pretty cool.” I replied, still staring in awe at the ruins.

“This is why I brought you here. Andrew, I am the Guardian of these ruins and like all Guardians I have pledged myself to protect these ruins from treasure seekers, explorers, everyone. Our family is a long line of Guardians meaning that you are one too.” Uncle Benny said, pulling out what seemed to be a small blue key.

I took the key and examined it in my hand. “So what is this all about?”

“For today, I am leaving to go get food, water, all of that good stuff. You see, I live in those ruins because I have to protect these ruins with my life and you will too in the near future. Just for a few hours, I want you to guard these ruins and make sure no one and I mean no one enters through there except for yourself and I. Here, I want you to have this.” Uncle Benny took a Pokeball from his trenchcoat pocket and gave it to me. “I know that your parents won't let you start a Pokemon journey or keep a Pokemon so let's keep this between me and you.”

I nodded with a small smile on my face and threw the Pokeball high up into the air. The red and white colored ball opened with a white beam erupting from the inside of it and hitting the sand covered ground. The white beam took the form of a dark blue circular Pokemon with two yellow eyes. The Pokemon stared at me, then at Uncle Benny.

When it saw Uncle Benny let me tell you, it was happier than a fat person at a cook out. It floated over to Uncle Benny and rubbed it's circular body against him.

“Bron-Bronzor!”

“It's good to see you too Bronzor! Hahaha! Now Bronzor, I want you to meet Andrew. He's going to be your new trainer.” Bronzor looked at me and floated over to me. “I want you to protect Andrew okay?”

Bronzor turned around and nodded as it floated even closer with me. It looked at me and waited to see if I would stop it from rubbing it's head on me which I didn't.

“It looks like Bronzor likes you! Now before I go I want you to know this. The ruins have a self locking system that locks itself if left unlocked for a long time. This key only unlocks it from the inside so we have to hurry now.” Uncle Benny grabbed a hold of me and carried me by his side.

I was surprised at his strength because he didn't look like a muscular guy. While he was running, my new Bronzor was floating from behind following us to the ruins. He even ran up the steps with me which was amazing. Without saying anything, Uncle Benny took the blue key from me and leaped through a large doorway.

All of a sudden a large stone door swiftly closed, that was till it opened and Uncle Benny walked through with the key in his hand. He opened my hand and placed the key on it.

“I'll be back in a few hours. Take care.” He said before walking down the large fleet of stairs.

“Okay, see you later.” I said turning around and walking slowly into the large stone temple.

I entered into a large corridor lined with flaming torches and small spots of sand. I turned around and looked at the stone door that my Uncle unlocked for me. There was a small keyhole at the far right of the stone door. I knew that it would lock itself so I left it open which I now realize was a big mistake.

I walked down the large corridor slowly with my Bronzor by my side. I hate admitting this, but I being in places like this creeped me out. It was something that you would see on Discovery channel or some other history show. When I reached the end of the corridor, I heard footsteps behind me.

The foot steps grew louder and louder which made me feel a little frightened. I quickly turned around to see what it was when I came face to face with the end of a hand gun. The tall black haired man clicked the gun and had a devious smile on his face.

“So you're the new Guardian I presume?” the man asked while holding the gun to my face.

I gulped and replied, “Y-yes sir. Who are you?”

This man was about two heads taller than me with short black hair and dark brown eyes. He had on a black tuxedo like shirt, blue jeans, and grey trenchcoat similar to Uncle Benny's.

“My name is Cebulski, a Pokemon treasure hunter. I collect rare items and such so I can sell it for a sh** load of money. Hand over the key to me or I'll kill you.” the man said, now with a serious face.

Without stopping this jackass, I gave him my blue key in hopes of not getting shot. He grabbed the key and looked at it with the smile on his face again.

“Finally, I got the ruins key.” the mysterious man said walking past me while holding on to the key in one hand and the gun in the other.

I ran back down the corridor so I could get out of the ruins before it locked itself, but my Bronzor had other ideas. Before Cebulski was out of sight my Bronzor let loose a beam glowing with many different colors that rammed him into a stone wall. I was now scared out of my mind.

Cebulski picked himself up and looked at me with the most vile of all faces I've ever seen. “You son of a...”

Before he could finish that sentence, my Bronzor shot another colorful beam which I was actually happy about this time but this time he dodged the beam. Instead of taking his gun out, he pulled out a Pokeball from his trenchcoat pocket. This Pokeball was different because it had yellow and black colors on the top of the Pokeball instead of the ordinary red color. He pressed the center button on the Pokeball which opened it and release his Pokemon.

This Pokemon had white fur covering most of it's wolf like body with a ruff around its neck and chest, and a tuft on the top of its head adorned with a single blue-black oval. It has a cat-like face, a scythe-like tail and a sickle-shaped growth on the side of its head. Its broad, circular feet are equipped with three claws each, and spikes protrude from the heels of its hind legs and the elbows of its anterior legs. This Pokemon stared at me and growled.

“Get them with a Psycho Cut.” Cebulski commanded as his Pokemon obeyed and leaped forward.

The sickle shaped growth on it's head glowed with a bright purple color. The Absol swinged it's head towards us, however we dodged the attack and my Bronzor let loose another colorful beam of light. This beam rammed Absol on it's side into a stone wall making it crack. Although it looked like the beam injured Absol greatly, it stood back on it's four hind legs ready for another go.

"What do you want Cebulski?!," I yelled angrily.

"You really don't know? And you're a guardian for crying out loud! Well if you must know I'll tell you." Cebulski stopped and pulled out a photo from his back pocket. He held it out so that I could see it. It was a picture of a lush green emerald perched atop of a golden shrine with a stone wall and pillars in the background. "This is the Emerald of Horon. If you've studied up on your history you would've known that this region was originally called Horon."

"What does that have to do with anything?!" I interrupted, now annoyed.

"If you let me finish I'll tell you. Now as I was saying, this Emerald contained special powers within. This Emerald was crafted by the Pokemon God Arceus who placed the Emerald in the deep depths of the sea. This Emerald created the Horon region and soon people migrated here. Life was born and blah, blah, blah. The Emerald is said to be here and that's why I am here today. If I had a hold of that treasure I could use it to do anything I wanted! World power, domination, all of it could be mine!!"

"Too bad that's just a dream," I said, with a smirk smile.

He looked at me with the most serious face I have ever seen in my life. His Absol looked just as serious as he did, which wasn't a good sign. This was my first Pokemon battle and I didn't know much about all of that battling stuff. I do know some moves that I've seen done on T.V, but I'm not sure if Bronzor knows those moves. This is a intense situation, so I had to be careful.

"Absol, use Psycho Cut. This time ensure it hits and make it bloody," Cebulski commanded.

His Absol leaped forward like before, but at a faster pace. I wasn't ready for this! Absol charged in and sliced at Bronzor's steel body with it's sickle shaped growth which glowed with purple energy. The impact caused an explosion which hurtled me with my Bronzor a few feet away from Cebulski and his Absol into the large corridor room. I wasn't hurt that bad because I was farther away from my Bronzor, but the shockwaves of the explosion wasn't so pleasant.

Bronzor didn't seem to be hurt at all and it levitated back in mid-air. I held onto my Bronzor as I picked myself up and looked forward to see what Cebulski was doing. I saw him, but I couldn't see Absol. In an instant, Cebulski's Absol jumped from a stone pillar and hit Bronzor with another Psycho Cut that almost hit us, but I was able to jump to the side.

"You're really annoying y'know?," I told the Absol, waiting for it to make a move.

The Absol seemed to be pissed and it leaped forward with it's right claw forward. It seemed to be a different move so I had to do something about it.

Last edited by The Burmy; 07-12-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Limelight Offline

Send a message via AIM to Limelight
Default Re: The Ruins - Journal of a Trainer

I shall grade. Should be up within two days :P

Hatch: 806
Charmeleon: 839
Charizard: 899
Level100: 1091
Old 06-15-2009, 02:09 AM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelight View Post
I shall grade. Should be up within two days :P
Good deal, good deal.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Limelight Offline

Send a message via AIM to Limelight

Change in plan, I'm really busy with a project, soo... ummm.... I haven't started reading it yet, so if any other grader wants to claim, go ahead. If not, It'll take longer for the grade :)

Hatch: 806
Charmeleon: 839
Charizard: 899
Level100: 1091
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelight View Post
Change in plan, I'm really busy with a project, soo... ummm.... I haven't started reading it yet, so if any other grader wants to claim, go ahead. If not, It'll take longer for the grade :)
Ah psyduck. Well I'll start my search for a grader.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:19 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default Re: The Ruins - Journal of a Trainer (READY FOR GRADING)

This story is graded. :3

(Although it doesn't say in the title, DK posted in the NWC saying that this was going to be his entry.)

- Kat

EDIT: I'll send the grade to him whenever he gets un-banned.

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 07-02-2009, 05:05 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
This story is graded. :3

(Although it doesn't say in the title, DK posted in the NWC saying that this was going to be his entry.)

- Kat

EDIT: I'll send the grade to him whenever he gets un-banned.
Ok I'm un-banned so you can give me the grade and it is for the NWC.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

There was a re-grade. :>

- Kat

Old 07-11-2009, 08:08 PM
The Burmy Offline
Banned

"Um Bronzor! Use Confusion or whatever!!" I didn't know what kinds of move it had so I presumed it had a psychic attack like Confusion. I was right and Bronzor was about to let loose it's attack, but Absol interferred thus making us shift to the side. Bronzor let loose a mass of various colors that didn't hit Absol, but one of the stone pillars in the room. The large stone pillar cracked and broke into several different parts that hit the ground under us with a devastating blow.

The several parts of the stone pillar fell atop of Cebulski's Absol which was an advantage for us. I turned around to face Cebulski only to see a large Onix looming over us. Onix was a large chain of boulders that was huge in comparison to us and it had the appearance of a snake. I couldn't do anything, I was too terrified to.

"You're screwed now huh? Use Rock Slide!" Cebulski commanded as his Onix hopped from the ground and hit the ceiling with it's sharp head. The ceiling broke and every piece of it fell onto the ground we were standing on. The ground under us finally broke and we fell through. I hit the ground so hard that I was knocked out, but my Bronzor was able to keep itself up using it's ability Levitate.

Cebulski took out a red and blue colored Pokeball and returned his Onix to it. The sunlight from outside filled the room thus illuminating the inky darkness of the hole I was in. As I'm writing this I'm still in this stupid hole with only my Bronzor by my side. Please, help me whoever is reading this....
Old 07-12-2009, 04:56 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
¡Con ganas!

There was another regrade. :O

- Kat