Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:46 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Lunar Destinies (PG for violance)

Hehe, I'm glad you liked that X D! Sounds a bit like Star Wars, don't it?

Major editing is in process for the next chapter . . . and maybe some banners will come up soon. ^^

Old 07-14-2009, 03:15 AM
ShionRasenka Offline

Send a message via AIM to ShionRasenka Send a message via Skype™ to ShionRasenka

Yeah it does XDDD Oooooo, can't wait to see!! I bet they'll be really pretty!! ^^
Old 07-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Um . . . Not really. These banners will be really (almost painfully) simplistic cause I don't have any good graphic design programs. Sorry.

Here's the next chapter, though its a little short and bland.

Chapter Seven: Knights, One and All

“We have learned much,” the Lucario said solemnly, breaking the silent spell that had fallen over them since they left Colossus’s throne room. Thyme and the pink Celebi were standing by, as if waiting for a decision to be made.

“There’s only one thing to do, then,” Sir Tristan nodded. He looked between Lady Silver and Sir Zhang as if a silent conversation was exchanged between them. Finally, he turned and faced Troy. “You have faithfully completed your old assignment, Sir Troy, and now we must give you another.”

“You will go with Aislyn and help her complete her quest,” Sir Zhang continued for him.

“You both will find the Trio Minerals,” Lady Silver finished, “then report back to us.”

“Then,” Sir Tristan added, “we will gather together the Knights and march onto New Moon Island in Sinnoh.”

“According to Colossus, there are four of these artifacts,” Sir Zhang spoke. “And each of these four are split and given to three Legendary Pokémon.”

“There are three Legendary Birds,” Lady Silver said. “three Legendary Cats, three Legendary Golums, and three Legendary Psychics. But the question is, who are these Pokémon?”

“Oh, I can answer that!” Thyme piped up, quite excited. “The Birds of Kanto are Articuno, Zapados, and Moltres!”

“I can answer too!” The pink Celebi joined him, not wanting to be out staged by her friend. “The Cats of Johto are Raikou, Entei, and Suicune!”

“Oh yeah?” Thyme turned to her challengingly. “The Ore Golums of Hoenn are Regirock, Regice, and Registeel!”

“So?” the pink Celebi lifted her chin up defiantly. “The Psychics of Sinnoh are Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. What now?”

“I bet that you can’t name the other two Legendary Birds, Blossom!” Thyme frowned, crossing his arms.

“That’s easy: Ho-oh and Lugia,” Blossom pretended to yawn. Thyme grew upset, and shouted all sorts of challenges. The Knights and Aislyn ignored their arguments, returning to the problem at hand.

“There you go,” Sir Tristan chuckled. “Find these Pokémon and get the artifacts from them.”

“It shall be done,” Troy bowed.

“I believe that we should send more Knights with you,” Lady Silver looked thoughtful. “Two’s not enough, wouldn’t you say?”

“Hmm, indeed,” Sir Tristan agreed. “But we don’t want to draw too much attention to ourselves, right?”

“Sir Tristan, Lady Silver,” Sir Zhang interrupted, recognizing the look in their eyes. “You can’t go with them! You must lead the forces back in Almia. You are not forgetting, are you?”

“No, of course not,” the Lucario sighed, but still looked full of longing. “We are needed elsewhere.”

“Though it would be fun to go on another adventure, wouldn’t it?” Sir Tristan smiled at her, recalling fond memories they had shared. They had begun their journey together as Trainer and Pokémon, but after their gifts were discovered, they became Knights together. Now they were more equal than was possible.

“Then someone else must come with you,” Lady Silver turned back to Troy. She walked over to the pink Celebi, interrupted the duo’s heated arguments, and whispered in her ear. The Celebi nodded excitedly and disappeared into thin air.

“We will send Lady Frostpaw and Sir Gunuru with you,” Sir Zhang answered Troy’s unspoken question. “Both are Pokémon who we believe will be the best aide for your quest.”

The Celebi named Blossom suddenly reappeared, but with her came a white and deep blue cat-like Pokémon, as well as a monkey-like one.

“Greetings,” the cat-like one dipped its head, speaking with a distant and mystic feminine voice. Aislyn recognized that this was an Absol, whose red eyes took on a far-away look. “I am Lady Frostpaw.”

“Good greetings,” to Aislyn’s surprise other Pokémon spoke with an audible voice, his thick accent sounding Asian Indian. He was a Medicham, but unlike the others of his kind he was blue and light brown instead of red and white. “I am Sir Gunuru. How may we be assisting you today?”

Aislyn felt her head spin. She couldn’t believe all of the Pokémon she had met today, nor the fact that they could all speak. It was a bit too much for her to handle. All she could do was stare and blink.

“You two will help guide and protect Miss Bright here,” the only other human in the room spoke. “Troy will fill you in on all of the details, but for now it is time for us to be on our way.”

“As you wish,” the Absol dipped her head again.

“You can be counting on us,” the Medicham said jollily.

“Listen well,” Lady Silver said suddenly. “These are dark times. The future of the free world depends on the success of your quest. It must be done as quickly and discretely as possible. Darkrai knows about you, and is hunting you down. If he finds you, then there is no hope for anyone. Tell no one of the nature of your quest, save it be the Legends you seek. Do not use the roads! Spies and servants of the darkness could be lurking anywhere. Only pass through the towns when absolutely necessary. Knights, guard this young girl with your lives.”

The other Knights bowed solemnly, but their faces held fierce determination.

“It shall be even as you say,” Troy answered quietly.

“One more thing,” Sir Zhang spoke up, turning his eye to Aislyn. “I believe that Aislyn could be trained to use our arts. I want you to teach her to the best of your ability.”

“We’ve been here too long,” Sir Tristan looked over his shoulder to Colossus’s door. “A war is at foot, and it is time that the Knights make themselves known! Farwell, and may the Aura guide and protect you.”

“May it guide us all,” Troy nodded.

Blossom appeared at the High Knights’ side, and with a twinkle in her eye she disappeared with them, leaving behind no trace of their existence. After they left, Aislyn heaved a deep sigh. She needed to sit down for a while and wait for this to sink in. At any moment she expected to faint. The Knights who were with her seemed to be talking amongst themselves, but she didn’t bother to find out. Thyme flew over to her side, looking concerned.

“Hey, don’t worry! Cheer up!” the Celebi said, managing a bright smile. “It sounds like you’re going on a fun adventure! You’ll see new places and new things! Even though the whole world depends on you, there’s no pressure or anything. Just thousands of lives and such might be-”

“Not helping,” Aislyn cut him off short with an angry glare.

“Oh, sorry,” Thyme looked ashamed, covering his mouth with his tiny hands.

Aislyn sighed again, saying, “No, I’m sorry. Its just that I’m still wondering how I got into this mess. I can‘t believe any of this. A few days ago, I didn‘t know anything about Legendary Pokemon or their Oaths. I hadn‘t even known about the Knights or talking Pokemon! Everything is happening too fast. It‘s a bit much to handle.”

Thyme was silent for a while, then softly spoke. “I have traveled to many different times and places, and there are many things that I have learned. One of them is this: anything can happen. For one, nothing is as it seems. Even the least of things can make the biggest differences. You doubt yourself, but I know that you can do it. You are a very special person, Aislyn. Everything you have seen is real, and you’re a part of it. We’re all a part of the big picture, even Darkrai. Somewhere, even he has a purpose.”

Aislyn blinked, “Do you really think that?”

“I know it!” he beamed.

The young girl laughed, feeling a little better. “Now that was better advice then what you were trying to give before.”

“I have my moments!” Thyme giggled.

The Knights finally seemed to finish their conversation, and they came over to Aislyn. She studied her curious new companions. Lady Frostpaw seemed to be permanently distant and grim, which was a little unsettling to the young teen. On the other hand, Gunuru seemed to always be smiling. The pair seemed to be as different as two ends of a magnet in an almost comical way.

“Are you ready to go?” Troy asked her. He seemed so different to her now. He wasn’t the curious traveler who visited their home anymore. He seemed more like a warrior now, with a fierce determination glowing in his eye.

“Yes,” she replied shakily, almost afraid to answer.

“Time for time travel!” Thyme jumped up instantly, and began to glow. The familiar feeling of suction returned, and Aislyn felt the nausea coming back as the dark temple disappeared.

Last edited by Charmander009; 11-21-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Chapter Eight: Breaking Away

“Aislyn!” Mary Bright was shouting out the back door, looking all around the yard for her missing daughter. When there was no reply, she frowned. Where on earth was she? When she didn’t return from her morning chores, Mary grew concerned. Breakfast was ready, but she wouldn’t let anyone eat until Aislyn came back. She could hear Freddie in the kitchen, complaining that his food was getting cold.

Suddenly, there was a loud noise from the side of the house. It nearly gave the poor woman a heart-attack. What the heck was that? She wondered. Was it Aislyn? Setting aside her spatula, she went out to investigate the noise. Just as she rounded the corner, she saw an odd assortment of creatures gathered on her lawn.

“What in the name of-” she began, but stopped when she saw her daughter with them.

“Mom!” Aislyn exclaimed, then rushed to her. Mary was surprised when her daughter embraced her, tears tugging at the young girl’s eyes.

“What’s going on?” Mary was still lost. Freddie and her husband appeared behind her, looking just as confused.

“It’s a long story,” Aislyn chuckled weakly.

“And I wish there was time to share it with you,” Troy stepped forward, taking his hood off. “But I’m afraid that there isn’t.”

“What do you mean?” Aislyn’s father scratched his head.

“Mom,” Aislyn finally let go of her mother. “Remember that story you told Troy about me? About how that Pokémon saved me? That Pokémon was a Cresselia. She healed me, but said that I will need to help her someday. Well, she needs my help now. I am the only one who can help her, but . . .”

She trailed off, looking at each of her family members fondly. She then quietly finished, “But I need to leave. I need to leave now, and I don‘t know when I‘ll come back.”
Everyone was silent for a while, taking in what Aislyn had said.

“But you can’t leave,” Mary’s eyes began to water. She held her daughter’s head in her hands and tucked a lock of her hair behind her ears. “You’re my little girl. I don‘t want to lose you.”

“You won’t. I have to do this,” Aislyn took her mother’s hands in hers. “She needs me, and I owe her that.”

Mary looked deep in her daughter’s eyes, searching for a way to keep her here. But what she saw in those eyes wasn’t a girl; she was looking into the eyes of a determined young woman. She was growing up, Mary realized. The older woman knew that she couldn’t stop her from doing so. She sighed, then said:

“All chicks must fly away from the nest some day. I just didn’t think this day would come so soon. I understand, Aislyn. If this Cresselia needs you, than you got to do what you’ve got to do. You’re an independent young woman now. You must do what you know is right. I‘m sure going to miss you, though.”

Aislyn beamed and hugged her mother once again. “I won’t let you down, Mom. I’ll make you proud. And don‘t worry, I won‘t be alone.” She let go, looking towards the Knights. “They’re going to help me.”

“I will swear to you, Mistress Bright,” Troy bowed deeply, as did the others. “I will protect your daughter with my life.”

“No harm shall come to her,” Frostpaw added.

“Not while we are being around,” Gunuru thumped his chest.

“I guess there’s no stopping you now,” Aislyn‘s father chuckled. “But I can’t let you just run off empty handed. Let’s get you ready for your adventure. I‘ll let you take some Doduo. They‘ll carry you far, to wherever you‘re goin‘.”

“And you’ll need some food!” Mary remembered. “And clothes!”

“Better make it fast, though,” Thyme reminded them of their limited time.

Within minutes, with a great deal of fussing and packing, Aislyn and her team was outfitted for their quest. Her dad passed her Dewy’s Poke Ball, as well as two others for Gunuru and Troy. Frostpaw was capable of keeping up with the fast birds, therefore would be traveling on foot. He also gave her a Mareep, saying that it would be useful for many different things. Mary laded the party with as much food as she could, hopping that they wouldn’t at least starve. Aislyn packed some clothes in her backpack, as well as her sketch pad and some tools.

Before leaving her room she took one last good look at it, wondering if she would ever return to it. Shrugging her pack on, she left it behind for good. Finally, the time had come; the time to say goodbye to her family. They all waited downstairs in the kitchen, silently waiting for her. Her mother looked like she was on the verge of crying. Aislyn hoped she wouldn’t; it would only make the parting worse. Taking a deep breath, she took the last step off the stairs and confronted her family. At first, they didn’t say anything, but Freddie somehow found words after a long silence.

“So, I guess you’re taking off now,” he said awkwardly.

“Yeah,” Aislyn answered with the same style.

Freddie tried to say something else, but he forgot about it and just gave his sister a big hug.

“Don’t get lost,” he managed to say as he let go. “Look both ways before crossing the street and all that.”

Aislyn laughed, admiring how her brother always managed to tease in any situation they found themselves in. “I’ll keep that in mind,” she answered.

“Those are wise words,” her dad joked along with them. “But I know you’ll make the right choices. Take care of yourself, and be strong.”

“I will, Daddy,” she hugged him next, then turned to her mother. Mary gave a gentle smile, admiring how her daughter had grown.

“We’re proud of you, honey,” she affectionately tucked Aislyn’s hair behind her ear again. “And we love you so much.”

“I love you, too,” Aislyn hugged her mother now, feeling the tears threatening to spill. They remained in each other’s hold for a while, then they let go with great reluctance. It was hard for both of them, but Aislyn somehow knew that she would see them again. It might be far up the road, or might not, be she knew that she would be reunited with her family again. Though she had always wanted to go on an adventure, Aislyn didn’t even expect it to be so hard to leave her family behind. This was what had held her back all those times she wanted to run away, she realized.

“Thank you for your hospitality,” Troy finally spoke up, bowing to the Brights. “These past few days I spent with you have been most enjoyable. May there be a blessing upon your household now that we part ways.”

“It is time we left,” Frostpaw looked towards the window, out at the sky.

“We better not take any more of your time, then,” Aislyn’s dad took Troy’s green hand and shook it. “It has been a pleasure.”

“Be safe,” Mary ordered, taking out a handkerchief and dabbing the corners of her eyes. Better leave now before she snaps, Aislyn thought. That would be the last thing she needed to see before she left.

Aislyn and her Knights stepped out of the house to see the sun half-way up the sky. They really needed to start now, before it was too late. Aislyn couldn’t help but think about Thyme’s warning. She could only hope she would lead away the hunters from her family. A trio of Doduo were tied to the front porch, eagerly awaiting a new journey. Troy and Gunuru mounted theirs after asking the birds’ permission. It was almost an odd situation, but the Doduo were understanding. Dewy looked excitedly at Aislyn, stamping his feet impatiently. Aislyn reached up and affectionately patted the hair-like feathers on the bird’s side. Tapping his ankle, Aislyn sent the message to him to kneel down. Dewy complied, and Aislyn climbed up on his back.

Troy steered his Doduo away from the house, leading them south. Aislyn followed, but stole a glance over her shoulder. There was her family, standing on the porch and waving at her in farewell. Buster was by their side, sadly howling back at her. Waving back at her family, Aislyn felt a deep sadness settle in her heart.

“Do you think they’ll be okay?” she asked Thyme, who was seated in front of her. The Celebi had declared to them that he would travel with them for a while, until Colossus needed him again.

“Of course!” Thyme answered optimistically. “But I think you should really worry about us. We got a long road ahead of us.”

“That’s right,” Troy overheard. “We’re heading to Kanto, to search for the first trio: Articuno, Zapados, and Moltres.”

“I only wish it was as easy as it sounds,” Frostpaw appeared by them on the road, easily keeping pace with the Doduo. “We still don’t know where exactly to find them.”

“But I know someone who can help,” Troy kept his eyes on the path before them. The Gallade reluctantly lead them down the road, despite Lady Silver’s warnings. Right now they were only in open country, and traveling off the road would only lead to angry farmers. Watchful eyes could spy them easily, wherever they traveled in the farmlands. However, a large cottonwood forest was waiting for them beyond the Adelite province. Once they reached it, they would lose the road and travel under the canopy‘s relative safety.

Aislyn was lost in thought as she peered across the familiar fields of barley and corn. The crops were only knee high, but they seemed to stretch far across the horizon like green carpet. Alfalfa was beginning to bloom with their tiny purple flowers as the songbirds sang to each other. The beginning summer was here for good, and setting in with a kindly sun. It didn’t bear down on the travelers with heavy heat, but seemed to soak into their spirits and hearts.

Gunuru the blue Medicham pulled his Doduo to Aislyn’s side, his face lifted up in a beaming smile.

“Lovely day for traveling, is it not?” he sparked up a conversation, his voice lilting as if he was singing.

“It’s very nice,” Aislyn answered shyly, offering a pleasant smile.

“It is as if the sun is with us in our cause. We should be taking this as good luck, my friend,” he turned away from the sun’s rays, looking at Aislyn with a curious expression. “I must say that I regret not knowing you as well as I should. Perhaps we could be spending this time getting to know one another better, yes?”

“Um, sure,” the young girl had to admit that it felt so odd to be traveling with people she hardly knew. Hopefully, she could change that.

“Good! I am glad you agree! Tell me, have you always been living in here in this land?”

“Yeah, I’ve never really left Lunnori before,” she frowned, the sadness of leaving her family arising again.

“Never?” Gunuru looked surprised. “Then this is being your first adventure, yes? Oh, I remember my first adventure! Such exciting times!”

“This Pokémon’s kinda weird,” Thyme whispered to Aislyn, hiding behind Dewy’s heads. Aislyn just chuckled to this comment, and patted the Celebi’s head.

“What was your first adventure?” she went ahead and asked, wanting to be friendly. Gunuru meant no harm, she knew.

Last edited by Charmander009; 11-06-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

A light seemed to ignite in the Pokémon’s eyes as he recalled the fond memories. With his eyes taking on a far-away look, he eagerly told his story.

“It was back when I was just a young Meditite, and back in my homeland in Hoenn! I was born different from all my peers, and for that I was often picked on. As the years passed on, I lost respect in the eyes of my troop. Oh, I was a shy little monkey then, but all I wanted was to have friends. I needed to prove myself first, I saw. The chance soon came when a tribe of Nuzleaf invaded our jungle. They kidnapped our leader’s young sister, taking her into the deeper jungle were none of us dared tread. They were terrified for her, but couldn’t summon up the courage to save her. But I was determined to help her! I promised to find her right away! My fellow troop members were amazed by my bravery, and didn’t stop me when I left the territory.

“I traveled deeper and deeper into the forest, but as I went my fear began to grow. I did not know where I was, anymore! How was I to find her, before something found me? Eventually something did find me! He nearly scared poor little me to death! But he had to be the jolliest and kindest Pokémon I had ever met, the old guardian of the forest, Basil. The Sceptile listened to my plight, then graciously helped me on my quest. Together, we continued to go deeper into the jungle with my heart much lighter. In those days I spent with him, I learned so much! He became my teacher and role model, and I wanted to become just like him!”

“Did you find the Meditite?” Thyme suddenly spoke up, surprising Aislyn. She had thought that the Celebi wasn’t paying attention. But she looked down to see him sitting erect and listening intently to the story.

“We sure did. Together, Basil and I defeated the Nuzleaf and brought her safely home. My troop was so thankful that they came to regret all of the mean things they had said to me. They finally respected me and accepted me for who I was. But I didn‘t stay with them.”

“Why not?” Thyme asked again.

“Because Basil opened my eyes. I realized that there was so much more in life than what happened in my troop, and I wanted to be a part of it. I began a long journey afterwards, looking to quench my thirst for knowledge. Eventually, that road led me to the Knights of the Aura. And the rest is history.” Gunuru cheerfully began to hum a tune.

Soon the company spotted a peculiar sight on the road ahead. Though the sky was bright blue, without a cloud to be seen, it appeared as if it was snowing. Tiny white specks were floating through the air all around them, some blanketing the grass around them with a fluffy coat. Aislyn reached out and clumsily caught a fat wisp that flew her way. It did not melt in her hands, but clumped together as she closed her hand. Running her finger through it, she noticed its soft texture. This was cotton that was flying by, but this cotton came from the trees in the forest ahead of them.

The boughs of the cottonwoods hung heavily under the weight of cotton pods, making it seem as if a flock of Mareep had decided to climb up their branches. Whenever a firm breeze danced in their leaves, wisps of cotton freed themselves from the trees. Aislyn had always been amazed by this sight, which came only in early summer. The best ‘cotton storms’ happened near the forest, which happened to be the largest in the known world. Aislyn’s company pressed on silently beneath the canopy, stirring cotton that had fallen on to the road in their wake. From here, Aislyn would leave all that was familiar to her. As Troy led the others off the road and into the woods, Aislyn held her head high. There was no time for remorse. This was her moment, her adventure. She had wanted this for a long time, and though parting with her family hurt she knew in her heart that she wouldn‘t trade this moment for anything.

‘Come what may,’ she wanted to shout, ‘and love it.!’

The sun was at the peak of its ascent when the Hunters finally caught a fresh scent. They had been blindly following the direction their master had commanded them for far too long, and were beginning to lose their vigor. Now, however, their energy was revived. Eagerly they followed the new trail with a burning drive to catch their unknown prey, frightening the skittish inhabitants of the land in their wake. They ran past a meadow where a flock of Mareep had once been, and now they had a house in their sights. It appeared to be rather simple building with two stories and white, wooden siding. Certainly, it was older than some buildings, but it was maintained nicely.

Scattering about the yard, the Houndoom pack searched hungrily with their keen noses. Their leader, a grizzly male with a broken horn and a large scar over one eye, watched their progress through narrowed eyes. The scent of Cresselia was strong here, but along with it was a concerning scent. It stood out from the farm smells like a sore thumb, but frustratingly enough he couldn’t place what it was.

Frightened clucking broke the Houndoom out of his thoughts. A few of his pack members were gathered around the chicken coop, trying to get to the plump birds within.

“Enough!” he barked at them, angered by their stupidity. “What do you think you’re doing?”

The Houndoom immediately stopped, casting their eyes to the ground in shame.

“Did you smell the girl in there?” the Alpha demanded, glaring at them with such vehemence that the huge dogs felt like puppies again.

“No, sir,” one of the younger stammered, avoiding his leader’s eyes. “Its just that . . .”

“Just what?” a deep growl emitted from his chest.

“W-well, its been so long since we ate that . . .”

“Fools!” the leader raked the young Houndoom with his paws. “Need I remind you of your mission? The reason why we’re in this stupid chase?”

“N-no, sir,” the rest of the group spoke up.

“Good. And now, because of your actions, no one eats anything until we find her! Understood? Then get back to work!”

The lesser Houndoom took off like frightened Buneary, whimpering as they ran. Their leader watched them with a snarl. How had he ended up with such useless soldiers? Was discipline really slipping these days? Back in his puppy-hood, if a houndour so much as looked at a superior funny, it would get a good beating.

“Skullburn,” a feminine voice called him, and the leader turned to see another group of Houndoom make his way towards him. Between them was another dog-like Pokémon with orange colored fur. It was much smaller than his pack members, but was still putting up a good fight.

“The human girl is not here,” the Houndoom who had addressed him continued. “There are no other humans here right now, but we found this Growlithe. It appears to be a pet kept by them.”

“I’m not a pet!” the Growlithe spat defiantly, nipping at a Houndoom paw.

“Oh really?” Skullburn doubted. “You live with humans! How could you be anything but?”

“No! They’re my family!” the brave little mutt puffed up his chest. “I’m an equal partner them! We work together!”

“As if I care,” Skullburn pinned the Growlithe under his paw. The puppy yelped under the pressure, but didn’t have the strength to fight back. The Houndoom leader leaned down and whispered in the dog’s ears, saying, “This is how it works: you tell me where the girl went, and I won‘t be inclined to hurt you.”

“What do you want with her?” Buster looked confused. He had seen Aislyn disappear earlier that day, but he hadn’t understood why. Was she trying to get away from these Houndoom?
“I ask the questions around here!” Skullburn snarled, letting his claws sink into the poor Growlithe. “Tell me where she is!”

“I’ll never tell you!” Buster bared his teeth, ignoring the pain.

Skullburn growled and kicked the mutt aside, then sunk his teeth into the orange fur. Buster yelped in pain until the larger Houndoom finally let go.

“Where is she?” Skullburn demanded again, his patience growing thinner.

“Won’t . . . tell . . .” Buster managed, wincing from the harsh Bite attack.

Skullburn roared with rage and struck Buster with a Faint Attack. The Growlithe was sent flying through the air, colliding with the porch beams and falling to the ground with a thud. He did not get back up. The ruthless Houndoom turned his shoulder on the knocked-out Pokémon to see his pack watching him intently.

“Keep searching the premises!” he ordered, but to his surprise he was answered immediately by a howl. Someone had found a trail leading south.

Last edited by Charmander009; 11-21-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Young Blaziken Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Lunar Destinies (PG for violance) [Chapter Eight added]

I have to say, I quite like this chapter. Gunuru is quite the interesting character, and he has quite a history. I really like how your characters are beginning to play out. And it looks like the Houndoom are getting closer! I like how you've made Skullburn, his personality is absolutley perfect for a villain >=D

I eagerly await your next chapter ^^
Old 08-02-2009, 06:31 AM
ShionRasenka Offline

Send a message via AIM to ShionRasenka Send a message via Skype™ to ShionRasenka

Awesome chapter Charmander!! I agree with Young Blaziken, Gunuru is quite interesting. His past is very intriguing. I like where the story is going too. I can't wait to read more!!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Aw, shucks. Thanks guys ^^

I'm glad you liked this chapter (I thought it stunk, but maybe that's cause I just wanted to get this story going), plus I'm glad that you like the direction this story is going. I was beginning to wonder if I was taking this right.

Plus, I'm glad that you thought Gunuru was interesting. I thought people might look down on him because he was another shiny Pokemon, but I wanted him to be blue 'cuz he's a dude. The normal pinkish color, I didn't like.

Frostpaw has an interesting past as well, but she's not going to share much right now. She's . . . reclusive.

Yes, those Houndoom are closing in! Aislyn and company headed straight for danger!

Skullburn: I am awesome, aren't I? ( :<

Thyme: Someone's a bit full of themself . . .

Last edited by Charmander009; 08-03-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:54 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

I totally agree with the shiny thing. All of my OC's have Shiny pokemon, however, not all of them are the 'official' Shinies they have in the games. My OC Shion's Lucario, Lyra, is blood red and black, instead of being blue and black, or the Shiny gold and black. And my OC Lein's Lucario, Luca, is purple and black. I realize that having all of OC's pokemon Shiny may be overboard, but for certain species, the original and/or Shiny colors they come with may not work well, so that's why they're all either the 'official' Shiny if it works, or, a Shiny version I came up with myself.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

That's neat! Red and Black are cool colors for Lucario. Plus shiny Pokemon always make things more interesting, and unique! ^^

Plus, creating your own colors for shinies in quite fun! And creative~!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:15 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

Yeah, I agree, red and balck are awesome colors for Lucario. Purple and black too. A friend just suggested orange and white for another OC of mine's Lucario. XDDD I think that might be interesting.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

That would be interesting. What about a white and ice-blue one? Not the blue it normally is, and in different places.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:17 AM
ShionRasenka Offline

That might be nice.... I'd have to think on that one. I have to figure out the colors for all of my characters' pokemon..... x.x
Old 08-06-2009, 04:55 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Well, maybe I can help if you need some. ^^

I love messing with Pokemon colors. Maybe I'll try spriting some recolored one now . . .
Old 08-06-2009, 05:39 AM
ShionRasenka Offline

That would be AWESOME!!! I'd LOVE to see what recolored pokemon you could do for me. This is Shion's team:

1- Lyra (Lucario; F; already done XD)
2- Dagger (Sandslash; F)
3- Zora (Luxray; F)
4- Calder (Dewgong; M)
5- Freefall (Pidgeot; M)
6- Isra (Mismagius;F)

Here are Shion's fiance Lein's pokemon:

1- Luca (Lucario;M)
2- Tremor (Sandslash; M)
3- Bolt (Luxray; M)
4- Inna (Dewgong; F)
5- Aura (Pidgeot; F)
6- Vesper (Mismagius; M)

Do you know of a site or two that has a thing where you can recolor pokemon??? I'd like to give it a try myself.

Last edited by ShionRasenka; 08-06-2009 at 05:43 AM.