Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009
Default Re: Lunar Destinies (PG for violance) [Chapter Nine added]

Thanks for reading, k_pop! I'm glad that you've enjoyed my story so far. I try really hard to create a good plot line, with suspense and rising action.

And I have to admit, Darkrai as an enemy is rather cliche. But one of my goals in this story is to expand upon what was introduced in PMD2, between him and Cresselia. Its kinda funny, 'cause I never excpected to write something about Cresselia ever.

I will welcome any editing advise you can give. I'm bad at proofreading, and I know that I've made lots of mistakes here and there. I could really use a typo-killer ^^' Plus with all the work I've been having, I don't get a lot of time to work on this. *sighs* PM away!

@Shion: Hmm, that's interesting and true. It really isn't any of thier business. If I put down how much my family gets paid, I don't think they'll give me money. I live really close to where I'm going to college too, but I want to live on campus. I think it would be so much fun!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:38 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

Send a message via AIM to ShionRasenka Send a message via Skype™ to ShionRasenka

I'm kinda leary about dorms, because a friend of a friend of mine was in a dorm, and their roommate ended up stealing some things of theirs. And I don't feel like having stuff stolen, so this option is better for me. XDDD
Old 08-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Oh dear, that's bad. Now I'm kinda worried. My sister lived in this dorm where all of her roomates were, well, snobs. She has lived by herself ever since, which scares me. I don't think I could live alone . . .
Old 08-20-2009, 11:20 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

Send a message via AIM to ShionRasenka Send a message via Skype™ to ShionRasenka

Well, as long as you get to know your roommate/s and you all get along, thing should be alright. Just be sure to leave valuables locked up and whatnot when you go out.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:06 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Chapter Ten: Expecting the Unexpected

“Hey, I didn’t hear anything about wandering off into the dark, creepy forest!” Thyme complained loudly with a nervous glance over his shoulder.

Aislyn rolled her eyes as she bent to scoop up a thick twig. With Thyme’s green glow, it was easy to spot good fire-wood on the forest floor. This advantage came with a price, though. A very loud and obnoxious price.

“What was that?” Thyme spun around, eyes wide with fear.

“A Hoothoot,” confirmed Aislyn, not at all disturbed. She calmly continued sweeping the forest floor with her eyes for some more suitable firewood. The dark forest didn’t scare her at all, but Thyme was a completely different story. All the while, the paranoid Pokémon jumped at every little sound the night made with whining and whimpering. Maybe bringing Thyme was a bad idea, she thought as she added another stick to her bundle. If she didn’t finish soon, he’d probably die of panic.

“Oh. I knew that,” he looked away, trying to retain some dignity without much success.

“I’m sure you did,” she answered as she shook her head.

“Wait! What was THAT!?” he suddenly and quite loudly exclaimed, pointing to a quivering bush. Aislyn just watched with a raised eyebrow to see a tiny Caterpie crawling out from it. Thyme just blushed, turning almost as pink as his sister, Blossom, was.

“Listen,” the young teen turned to him with a sigh. “Just calm down. I’m sure that there is nothing to be afraid of out here. All you’re hearing is the night sounds of the forest. Completely natural, with nothing out of the ordinary. We’re okay. Breathe. Got it?”

“I’m not afraid!” Thyme exclaimed with indignation, only to look over his shoulder cagily once more. “Something just doesn’t seem right. Its like . . . something’s watching us.”

“Don’t be silly. I’m--,”

“Look out!” he interrupted, pointing over her shoulder with big eyes. Before she even had time to turn around, the Celebi began to glow. Yet it was too late before Aislyn realized what he was doing. She felt herself lift up into the air, and saw the colors blend around her. In an instant they were both gone, leaving behind only a bundle of sticks that clattered despondently to the ground.

This time, the passage through time and space was different. Aislyn still felt the nauseating tug, but she also felt as if she was tumbling head-over-heels out of control. The light was too bright while the air was vacuumed out of her. Something was wrong, and even she knew it. Desperately she looked around for Thyme, but her vision blurred beyond any comprehension. She tried shouting, yet the words were sucked out of her to become lost in the void. After what seemed like ages, the chaos finally ended and her world stopped spinning. Suddenly there was sky coupled with warm, moist air. Air! Sounds filled her ears again when she drank in a deep breath.

For some reason she could still feel a sharp tug that kept dragging her downwards. When her mind cleared enough, she realized what that tugging was: She was falling! The brilliant blue of the sky was shrinking away from her. Green rushed past as she fell through a dense canopy of trees. Aislyn began to panic, groping through the leaves to find something to grab hold of or stop her decent. Each time she only managed to cut or bruise her arms. All too soon the green slipped away from her and she knew that the ground would surely follow. Bracing herself, Aislyn prepared for the fatal impact . . .

. . . that never came. Instead, something spongy seemed to reach up and cushion her fall. Whatever it was bounced as it absorbed the shock of her collision then gradually became still. Even after that, Aislyn just laid there while staring up towards the sky as she tried to catch her breath. What had just happened? One minute, she was in a dark forest looking for wood. The next . . . Just where was she? The trees all around her looked unlike anything she had ever known. The air was unbelievably humid. It was as if she was somewhere, well, tropical.

As she rested, wondering at her miraculous rescue, she noticed a shape slowly drifting down to the earth like an autumn leaf. When it got closer, its form became recognizable. It could be none other than Thyme, but something was off about him. He’s out cold, Aislyn figured out. As she continued to watch, the hapless Pokémon came to be snagged on a branch high above her head.

“No . . .,” her heart sank. What was she going to do now? Did Celebi really have to be so darn leaf-like? It would take nothing short of a miracle to save him now. Even through all this hopelessness, she had to try somehow. Thyme was her friend, as well as her one ticket back to Lunnori. Slowly she rose to a sitting position, fighting off a sudden wave of nausea, and looked around.

A giant, net-like structure was what had saved her from the fall. The ropes were unnaturally white and sticky to the touch, for some reason. Here and there were tears and gaps in the fifteen-foot wide structure, but it still managed to hold her weight. How odd, she thought. Why would there be a net out here in the middle of nowhere? Immediately, she froze as she came to a realization. This wasn’t a net. It’s a web with threads as thick as her wrist. The young teen gulped as she tried to imagine what could have possibly spun this.

Her heart nearly stopped when she felt the thread beneath her quiver, and she knew she would soon find out. Spinning around, coming to rest on her hands and knees, she met the web’s designer. Aislyn was face-to-face with the biggest spider that she had ever seen. At least the size of a dog, its red body was stripped black and its long legs were striped purple and yellow. A pointed, white horn protruded from its forehead above its glaring, purple eyes.

Where have you taken me, Thyme? Aislyn cried within, just before the spider Pokémon made a sharp hissing noise. It reared up on its hind legs and swiped at her, but she jumped back just in time to dodge its attack. Undeterred, the spider crept closer to her with narrowed eyes. Suddenly, more hissing joined in. To the left, and to the right! More of the giant spiders were crawling onto the web. Each had a irate glint in their eye that could mean no good for their unexpected prey. Aislyn found herself becoming surrounded, caught like a fly in their sticky trap.

Rearing back once more, the first spider took aim at her with its dangerous horn.

“Stop!” she screamed, though knowing what little good it would do. Without even skipping a beat, the creature lunged. Aislyn flinched while she shielded her face, waiting for the strike to land. This is how it ends, she thought wretchedly: finished off by giant spiders in some far-off land. I hope that Thyme will at least get away safely.

On that day, however, Fate had other plans for her. Just as she was submitting herself to termination, a brilliant flash of light lit up the jungle. All the spiders hissed at once, temporarily blinded and caught off guard. Gently the light dimmed to the point that Aislyn could see its source. Just above her head floated an unusual creature. Its pink, furry body looked like some cross between a cat and a mouse, having a lengthy tail, long hind legs, tiny arms, and a heart-shaped head. This new Pokémon was the one conjuring a solid wall of light that the attacking spider was straining against.

Try as it might, the arachnid Pokemon just couldn’t break through the barrier. After one final shove, it gave up and backed away. It glared at Aislyn and her unpredicted protector before vanishing into the dark undergrowth. The others reluctantly followed, but not without casting wrathful or uncertain glances over their shoulders. Aislyn couldn’t believe it. Why were they giving up so easily? They still outnumbered her and her hero, didn’t they? She returned her wide-eyed stare to the extraordinary creature that had saved her life.

The Pokémon just stared back at her with its deep blue eyes full of curiosity.

“Um, t-thanks?” the young girl stammered, but the creature just blinked and cocked its head. She frowned, doubting that it could understand her speech. Why, then, would it go out of its way to help her? If only one of the Knights was here. They could offer some sort of explanation, or maybe even talk to it for her. There was no sense in wishing, though. They were probably thousands of miles away, and she had to deal with what was happening here and now. She had to move on alone.

Aislyn shakily stood up on the web and nearly lost her balance in the effort. The cat-like Pokémon giggled at her clumsiness by lifting up its tiny arms to its mouth. While in its mirth, the creature flew around her in playful circles. Aislyn couldn’t help but smile herself. This creature seemed friendly, at least. Maybe it could help her out somehow.

“Do you know where we are?” she tried a question, but the Pokémon only stopped to cock its head again. Guess not, she frowned. Maybe I should try something else. Looking up, she quickly found where Thyme was stuck in the trees. The poor Celebi was still out of it, his eyes sealed shut. Her new friend followed her gaze and spotted him as well. Without making a sound the creature flew up through the air to his branch to look at him curiously. It cocked its head, then nudged the time-traveler’s limp body with the end of its tail. When it didn’t get a response, the mysterious Pokémon began to glow. The light encompassed Thyme, and with some strange power he was lifted into the air. Aislyn watched in awe as he levitated through the air, away from the trees and down towards her. When he was close enough, she reached up and took him into her arms. The glowing ceased.

Looking back up to the pink creature, she asked with amazement, “What are you?”

“Mew,” the Pokémon answered with its cry.

Thyme wouldn’t wake up. He was breathing, for sure, but even after Aislyn hopped off the web and left the vicinity he kept sleeping. Would he ever wake up? She began to worry. What would happen to her now? Troy, Gunuru, and Frostpaw must be wondering where she was. They would search the entire forest for her, but they would never find her. The quest might fail after all.

“Please, Thyme,” she whispered urgently to him. “Wake up.”

But he didn’t respond, and it left her even more lost.

The Mew floated over her shoulder as it looked down at the Celebi with mild concern. Mew, the creature she had only heard of from legends. Here it was, living and breathing just as she was, and Aislyn just couldn’t bring herself believe it. Mew were suppose to be extinct, weren’t they? So why was this one here? How is it alive? She watched as the living myth floated a ways ahead to pause and look over its shoulder.

It wants me to follow, she realized. Maybe it knows a way to help Thyme. Or myself. Cradling Thyme in her arms, the young teenager followed the Mew down a trail cutting through the jungle’s undergrowth. The path was thin and faint, almost overwhelmed by thick ferns, palms, and insects. She had to push several fronds out of the way to keep her guide in sight. The Mew seemed to glide right through these obstacles with ease. That only furthered Aislyn’s amazement, but not her enthusiasm. Trudging through this ridiculously overcrowded shrubbery wasn’t as easy as the Mew made it appear.

All around them, there was life. Colorful tree frogs leapt away from the fronds she passed. A flock of Chatot roosted overhead, watching her progress with interest. In the branches below them, a troop of Aipom smirked. Tiny crab-like Pokémon with mushrooms on their backs looked up from the roots of trees timidly. What looked like a group of brown and green colored mushrooms suddenly jumped up and followed her down the trail for a time. Aislyn was overjoyed to see all of these Pokémon she had never seen before. They weren’t scared of her, either, making her wonder if they had ever seen a human before.

Before long, the trio came to a limestone ruin of what appeared to be a gaping gateway, the doorway cut in a perfect circle in a crumbled wall. The rock was well worn, overcome by weather and foliage alike. Anything that must have been carved into its surface was unrecognizable, falling apart into rubble. Aislyn studied a fallen statue, and guessed that it must have been a carving of a dragon-type Pokémon. What was all this doing here? she wondered. And who made it? Maybe humans did live here at one point in time, but where were they now? With so many questions running through her head, she was unprepared for the sight that lay ahead. The Mew lead her through wall and into the courtyard of an ancient glory, long forgotten by the minds of men. Encircled by the lush jungle and the old wall was a massive temple.

She stopped and gasped. The building was incredibly vast and well-preserved. Most of it was surprisingly intact, although a section off to the left had collapsed on itself. Its cream-brown stone stood out from deep green of the trees. The architecture seemed to be influenced by Asian and Incan design. It rose up in a pyramid, but it was as spacious and open as possible. Roman-like columns supported the layered roof, many of which were carved in the likeness of several different Pokémon. Aislyn wished she could stop to better appreciate the design, but the Mew ushered her on. This place was clearly abandoned in its decaying state, but the structure stood in undisturbed beauty. It felt as if a serene and peaceful silence emanated from its hollowed halls. Long ago, it must have been of great importance in some way. Now, however, only the stone remembers what it was. Aislyn could only feel like a stranger here.

Dauntless, her guide drifted towards a flight of stairs at the temple’s front. Aislyn wondered if it lived here, or if it visited this place often. It moved with confidence, seeming quite at home. Finally Aislyn regained control of her legs and followed. Four statues stood on either side of the steps, staring by at the passersby in severe scrutiny. Aislyn did not know them, but they were statues of the Pokémon Dragonite, Tyranitar, and Aggron. The fourth was crumbled beyond any recognition. Continuing past their stony glares, they took a passage that lead towards the heart of the temple. Light filtered in from outside, revealing paintings that adorned the walls. Though Aislyn longed to linger over their details, the Mew kept her at a brisk pace. She only managed to catch glimpses of both Pokémon and people working together on something.

At the end of the lengthy passage, the Mew finally stopped. A shaft of light poured in from above to light up the center of a circular, capacious chamber. Aislyn looked up to see rooms from the higher levels opening up into this room as well. By each one was a wall with crude paintings depicting Legendary Pokémon. On her floor she could recognize a Regigigas, and on a floor close to the top was Cresselia. But on the roof, around the hole were the light came in, was Arceus.

The Mew floated below it into the shaft of light and waited. Aislyn glanced around the room, taking it all in, before following. Close to where her guide was waiting rested a broken fountain with a statue of four Pokémon, two of which she recognized. One was a Celebi and the other was a Mew. The other two were roughly the same size, with the same small body. One was shaped like a star with tags coming off of its crest. The last had a pair of antennae on its round head and longer arms than the others. Aislyn wished that she could know what species they were, but she just looked up at her guide quietly. It seemed to be amused by her, but she was beginning to think that everything amused it.

Chuckling, the Mew spun circles around her until its tail began to glow. Reaching down, the mythical Pokemon touched a mysterious pattern carved into the floor with the tip of its tail. The ground suddenly lurched beneath them, nearly knocking Aislyn off her feet. When she recovered, she realized what was happening. Slowly, the platform she stood on began to rise up through the air. It drifted pass the higher floors while the painting of Arceus grew closer and closer. Finally, the platform ascended through the hole in the ceiling. The light abruptly grew blinding, but as soon as her eyes painfully adjusted she could look around.

She was now situated at the very tip of the temple, right out under the sky. Being that high above the crowns of the trees gave Aislyn a good view of the surrounding landscape. In the far distance, she could see a line of dark blue that seemed to encompass the whole horizon. It was the sea! Aislyn was on an island! Since she could see all of it form here, she figured that the temple was located at its heart.

“Mew,” a cry interrupted her thoughts. She turned to see the Mew levitating close to what appeared to be a shrine. The floor it stood on was not very wide nor long, and the shrine itself was even smaller. Aislyn was careful not to look over the edge as she crept closer to the structure. She was just as tall as its eaves, and the teen had to bend over to see what was within it. The carved stone was overgrown with cool, moist moss, but at its center was a small statue the size of a softball that resembled Arceus.

Aislyn looked back at the Mew. It watched her expectantly, as if it wanted her to do something with the shrine. She frowned and bent back down. What was this shrine for anyway? And how was it going to help Thyme? Did it have some sort of healing power, perhaps? Experimentally, she laid the Celebi down on its table. The Pokémon didn’t stir, discouraging Aislyn even more. What was she missing? She studied the interior of the shrine further, looking for some sort of a clue.

Wait, she paused. The statue is off-centered. Maybe if I . . .

She reached in and wrapped her fingers around the statue. At first it wouldn’t budge, but after some persistence it finally slid into place with a click. Aislyn unexpectedly felt something like a jolt of electricity race up her arm. It didn’t hurt, but it surprised her all the same. She quickly recoiled her hand as if a snake had just bit it. The statue of the dragon-like suddenly began to glow like a flame. Grinding noises filled her ears as it began slide back from its stand. The young girl spun looked to the Mew in alarm, wondering if she had just done something unpardonable. The cat-like creature remained calm, however, but it didn’t reassure her.

The statue slid back to reveal a large, square hole, then ceased its strange behavior. Aislyn gulped as the air grew eerily quiet, almost too quiet. The Mew moved from her side, and stooped over the hole curiously. Looking back at her with its solemn blue eyes, it pointed with its tiny paws. First to her, then to the hole.

Aislyn looked back at the shrine uncertainly. “Y-you want me to look in there?”

The Mew nodded.

-----
(Thus Ends this here Chapter, but it leaves many unanswered questions. Where is Aislyn now? What happened to Thyme? Will he recover? What is the Mew's purpose, and what is within the Shrine? Stay tuned for the answers to these and more. Thanks for reading!)

Last edited by Charmander009; 11-21-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:00 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

Default Re: Lunar Destinies (PG for violance) [We're in the double digits now!]

Great chapter Char!! I can't wait to see to see what happens next!! I hope Thyme will be okay, and that they find Troy and the others soon. I woner where they are.... >> I LOVE reading about ancient civilzations (I have a HUGE Ancient Egypt/Japan fetish XDD), so having Aislyn and Thyme end up at some ruins on an island is a great way to keep me hooked. I really like that Mew too, it seems really playfull, like they all are. XDD
Old 08-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Thanks, Shion! This is the first time Aislyn actually gets in to peril. How did I do? There will be more action later on, but something needed to happen . . .

I really like old ruins and stuff like that, too. The old temples in South and Central America as well as those in Asia served as a little inspiration for this chapter.

Another goal of mine in this fic is to unite the PokeWorld into one story and use as much Legendary Pokemon as I can. Maybe that's a bit much, but so much of the plot line revolves around them anyway, especially with the Trio Minerals. It was my great pleasure to add Mew; its one of my favs. Mew . . . and ~spoiler blocked~ However, I doubt that I'll include the Legendaries Raquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre in here as well as Manaphy, Shaymin, plus others I can't think of right now.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:40 AM
ShionRasenka Offline

Yeah, the temples in ancient Egypt/Asia are beautiful. I can see why you used them for inspiration. ^^ And Mew is one of my favorite pokemon too. The more legendaries the better I say!!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:49 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Okay, finally got a chance to finish reading the last, what was it, um...four chapters? Anyway, this story is great! It's definately an original. ^^
Traveling, they all seem to be on edge, though I'm sure it won't be long before they find good reason to be. ^^'
Thyme sure is a jumpy little creature, isn't he? ^^' I loved how you described the temple. I could picture the whole thing, clear to the old fountain of Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy.
Keep it up, and I'll keep reading. ^^ I'll get those corrections to you also.

I'm like Shion. I'm big on history, old civilizations are very cool. ^^ I really like old Greek and Roman.

Last edited by k_pop; 08-28-2009 at 05:53 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:00 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

I totally agree k_pop!! I could see everything exactly how Charmander decsribed it!! It was great!! I can't wait to read more!!

And yes, Thyme is a jumpy little guy. But he's cute that way.

I love Ancient Greece and Rome too!! They were great civilizations!!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Thanks, guys! ^^

Hehe, that part with Thyme getting all jumpy was based off of my sister. She gets so paranoid after dark. Almost every night this summer my family and I have firepits in our backyard, but my sister doesn't like them so much. She's always spinning around saying "WHAT WAS THAT!", then it turns out to be someone rocking their chair or even one time, a little tree. XD She's so wacky that way.

And I'm glad that I got the temple down right. Sometime's I'm so bad at describing things. ^^'
Old 08-29-2009, 04:20 AM
ShionRasenka Offline

Yeah, I'm not really good at descriptions either.... >< And I'm not great at personalities I don't think.... XDDD But I'll try my best with my fanfic once I get it started, especially since I'll have characters that won't be mine in it. I want to get the characters just right and everything.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Default Re: Lunar Destinies (PG for violance) [Chapter Eleven Added]

Chapter Eleven: The Mystery of Mew

Aislyn went through all of the reasons why she shouldn’t reach into the Shrine in her head. It could be trap! What if there’s a snake or spider in it? Or something else poisonous, like weird plant or lizard? Or something that would jump out and suck her soul away? They all sounded absurd, of course, but after all that she’s been through so far it wouldn’t surprise her. All she knew was that she didn’t want to do it. For all these reasons, however, she still found herself walking up to the shrine. She couldn’t explain it, but she felt drawn to the stone. There was a tiny part of her that yearned to look within, the adventurous and rash part of herself. How could she resist something she didn‘t understand?

The Mew moved out of her way, silently and patiently. She paused a moment to consider the creature. The Mew had rescued her from the spiders, hadn’t it? There would be no reason for it to place her in danger again; that just wouldn’t make sense. From what she had seen, she knew that it had a kind spirit that she could place her trust in. She done so this far, so why stop now?

Taking in a deep breath of air, Aislyn finally looked into the shrine into the hole the statue had left behind. There, nestled in a bed of moss, was a shoe-sized box carved from white wood with gilded corners. Surprisingly it appeared brand new, untouched by the years that had worn away at the temple around it. No mildew, rust, or damage of any kind had destroyed its original beauty. She blinked, half-disappointed. All of this trouble was for a simple box? Reaching down, Aislyn ran her hand across the silky-smooth surface of the wood, wondering if there was more to this ‘simple’ box than met her eye. Biting her lip, she reach her other hand down and lifted the box from the hole.

Incredibly, it was as light as a feather. Aislyn lifted the box up into the sun to study it. On each side was carving of a trio of creatures. Three birds were etched into the back under the hinges. The sides depicted a trio of cats as well as three humanoid creatures. The oddest creatures were on the front, with a body much like Mew’s but having two tails each. Four sets of three. Birds, cats, golums, and . . .

“The Trio Minerals,” Aislyn mouthed, her eyes growing wide. There was no mistaking it; this box had something to do with her quest. Excitedly, she popped open the lock at the front and the lid swung open. Two compartments on the side popped out like they would in a tackle box, but this particular box would hold items a thousand times more precious than even jewels. Within its velvet-lined interior there were vacant molds shaped like a bird, a paw, a mountain, and a triton.

“You knew,” Aislyn turned to her guide with surprise written on her face. “How did you know?”

The Mew closed its eyes, and then suddenly Aislyn’s vision blurred and faded away. She felt as if she was being pulled away from her body into darkness. Yet a light grew, then she could see again. Everything was distant and blurry, as if she was seeing through a dream. No longer was she standing on the Temple‘s crown. Now she was somewhere above the jungle’s canopy, looking down into the under-story. As the scene focused, Aislyn saw herself sitting a giant spider web glowing with a white fire. Unbidden, a memory returned to her. She recalled what Troy had said to her while he was still staying with them at the farm.

“Most individuals have green or blue auras. Some have red or purple. But you . . . Your aura is pure white, and shines like the moon.”

Through this vision, Aislyn was seeing her own aura.

Just as she came to realize this, the trees were retreating from her feet and the scene changed. The next thing she saw was the Mew, standing atop of the temple by the shrine as day faded into night then into day again. It was waiting for something, but what? The dream changed again, making this scene fade to black. Now she saw herself picking the box out of the shrine. Understanding flowed into Aislyn as she watched. This Mew was showing her this vision, and it was saying that it had been waiting for her all long.

“Why me?” the words drifted out from her like leaves on a breeze, seeming to come from nowhere and everywhere at once. In an answer, the vision turned again. This time she could see the full moon, but something was wrong with it. The light coming from it was blood red, casting long and hostile shadows through the trees. The sight was frightening, but suddenly a bright white light shone from behind her. When she turned around, she could see a lone figure standing across a burning plain, raising its hands which now contained four glass-like gems. The light she was seeing was coming from the jewels, the Trio Minerals. In a flash Cresselia suddenly appeared from behind it, but before she could see more the vision faded.

Aislyn found herself back in her own body, standing near the shrine, gasping for air and hugging the box close to her. She fell to her knees, overwhelmed by all that she had seen. The Mew floated down to her in concern, fixing its curious blue eyes on the young girl, but Aislyn didn‘t return the gaze. All she did was cast her eyes to the ground as she tried to understand that last part of the vision. Why was the moon red? Who held the box? What was going to happen that she didn’t see? Now she began to realize that she was in way over her head. How was she suppose to accomplish all of this? There were so many things she was now involved in that she couldn’t even begin to comprehend. All this magic, danger, and mystery was too much for a simple farm girl to handle. Maybe Cresselia picked the wrong person, she sighed.

Being so caught up in her thoughts, Aislyn failed to notice that the Mew had left her side and flown away. Nor did she notice when it returned with three objects in its paws. Only when the Mew dropped those objects in front of her did she finally look up. Small and round, it took her a moment to figure out what they were: Berries. One was blue and tan with a hard shell, while the other two were yellow with orange spots. Aislyn did not know much about berries, but she knew enough that they helped Pokémon in mysterious ways.

“Are these for Thyme?” she looked up at the Mew hopefully, remembering her unconscious friend. The Pokémon nodded, and Aislyn excitedly scooped the fruit into her arms. She could worry about those things later. Right now, Thyme needed her. She jumped up to where she had placed Thyme on the shrine and held up the two different types of berries, realizing her first problem. Which one should she use first? And how did she use them? Suddenly she wished that her mother could have been there. Mary knew all about berries, but she never taught Aislyn about them.

Lost, the young girl stood with the berries held up. The Mew seemed to sense her lack of confidence, and lifted its paws up in another giggling fit. Floating over with its eyes full of mirth, the myth placed its paw on the blue berry. Aislyn laughed at her own incompetence, knowing that she must have looked silly. If only she had learned from her mother. She took the blue and tan colored one, and tried to peel it apart. The shell was incredibly hard, and nothing she tried worked. Finally, she bashed it against the stone of the shrine and the blue part broke apart. Beaming triumphantly, she picked up a shard and held it over to Thyme. Part one was done, but now what was she suppose to do? Maybe she was just suppose to pop it into his mouth, but what if he choked on it? More guess work on her part, she sighed.

Using one hand, she lifted Thyme’s head up then using the other she pressed the shell bit into the Celebi’s mouth and waited. Almost instantaneous, the Pokémon slowly opened his eyes. Aislyn exhaled in relief as Thyme shifted to look around.

“Where . . . Where am I?” he asked weakly, shielding his eyes from the sunlight.

“I was hoping you could answer that,” Aislyn frowned, but kept a concerned look. “How are you feeling?”

“Ugh, like I just flew through a brick wall,” he answered as he rubbed his aching head. “What happened, anyway?”

“You got spooked and zapped us through time,” she said bluntly, adding gentle smile.

“What? I did that?” he looked aghast, his eyes growing even wider.

“Remember? It was night-time and we were looking for some firewood?”

Thyme stared blankly at her for a moment, then the memories came flooding back to him. “Oh gosh, Aislyn! I’m so sorry; I wasn’t thinking straight, and I kinda just went with instinct. Where did I take you?”

He sat up abruptly, only to freeze as a terrible migraine struck him. He moaned before sinking back down.

“What is the matter with you?” Aislyn inquired, worried.

“Well,” Thyme took a deep breath. “I can’t just take off through time all the time. It takes a lot of energy, you know. Usually I can travel several times during one figurative day, but its took a lot of effort to get you and the Knights to Colossus and back. That’s one reason I was staying with you. I needed to recuperate, but I guess that I almost went overboard just now.”
“So you traveled through time too much?”

“Yeah, basically,” Thyme grinned sheepishly.

“So that means,” she trailed off as she looked around the jungle below. “We’re stuck here, aren’t we?”

“Um,” Thyme looked away, blushing in embarrassment. “Yeah, for a little while.”

“But the Knights! They’re going to be so worried about us. They’re probably looking for us right now.”

“I wouldn’t worry about that,” Thyme stretched, not looking at all concerned.

“What? Why not? Troy is going to freak!”

“Listen,” Thyme rolled his eyes. “I know they’re not looking for us right now. It all depends on when now is. They might not even be alive. Plus, they won‘t have the time to even think we‘re missing.”

“What are you saying?” she threw her hands up in defeat.

“I’m saying that we can spend as much time as we want here and still make it back before Troy even has a fire started. It goes with the whole time-traveler gimmick.”

Aislyn just shook her head and leaned against the frame of the shrine. She finally recalled all the stuff Troy had told her, but it still didn’t make sense. “I don’t get this whole time-travel concept.”

“It takes some getting use to,” Thyme answered with hooded eyes. He still looked frail and weak at the moment, making Aislyn believe what he had said about his energy use. She looked down, finally remembering the other berries. Could he still use them?

“Thyme, do you know what these are?” she held them up for him to see.

He smiled with delight, and sat back up. “Those are Sitrus berries! Can I have them?”

“Will they help?”

“Heck yeah! Pass them over!” he held his hands out greedily. Aislyn offered them to him, only to be amazed at how speedily they were snatched from her hand. Thyme bit into them with a resounding crunch. Sweet-smelling juice squirted out as one of the berries was quickly devoured. Licking his fingers, Thyme looked and felt much better. New energy was bubbling up within him, and at last he could stand up.

“Thanks, Aiz,” he wiped some juice from his face. “That hit the spot!”

“Glad to hear,” she smiled back, pleased to see his condition improve. “What did they do exactly?”

“Fill my stomach and give me energy!” he jumped into air cheerfully. “Where did you find those, anyway?”

“I had some help,” she looked over her shoulder as her aide and guide floated closer.

“Mew?” Celebi stopped abruptly, looking astounded. He sped past the pair and for the first time got a good look at his surroundings. As he took in the ancient temple, the lush jungle, and the bright sky, his eyes grew as large as saucers. Turning back to Mew, he suddenly began conversing with it in the Pokémon language.

“Celebi? Cele, Celebi? Bi?”

“Mee-eeew, mew, mew.”

Aislyn stood by, feeling awkwardly left out. Nothing they said made sense to her, of course. She began to wish that she had more human companions. Talking Pokémon were great, of course, but only if they kept speaking her own language. What were these two talking about, anyway? It bugged her, but she watched and waited patiently. It was odd; not only did they speak with their cries, but they seemed to communicate with body movements as well. The Mew occasionally moved its tail about, while Thyme spun circles or waved his arms. What could that all mean?

Finally, they fell silent as Thyme looked back towards the shrine solemnly.

“Thyme?” Aislyn dared to ask, moving away from the stone.

“Birth Island,” he answered cryptically, more to himself than to her. Thyme’s eyes were drawn to the box Aislyn held in her hands “We’re on Birth Island. It’s been so long . . .”

“Birth Island? Where is that?”

“Here, obviously,” the Celebi sighed, crossing his arms as he seem to break out of his spell.

“And that is . . .,” she tried to get a better answer.

“Humans aren‘t suppose to know about it,” Thyme shook his head. “Most other Pokémon, too.”

“Why? The paintings on the walls had humans in it. They were here at one time, weren‘t they?”

“What walls? Oh, inside? Um, humans did know about it once, but that was a long time ago. They’ve all forgotten, humans and Pokémon alike. Now this place is a closely guarded secret. You’re lucky to be alive, to tell you the truth. Must have to do with being Cresselia’s favorite. . .”

“What so important about it?”

“Can I tell her?” Thyme looked over at the Mew, but it slowly shook its head. He nodded in agreement, saying, “Right. Sometimes secrets are best kept that way. Sorry, Aiz.”

Aislyn bit her lip and looked away, dying to know what the secret was. Why didn’t they trust her? She certainly wasn’t a tattle-tell; she had kept all sorts of secrets back at home, especially with all of Freddie‘s misdeeds. Was it because she was human? Did that automatically make her untrustworthy? She felt anger rising up within her, but she kept it in check. Now wasn’t the time to fume. They needed to get back to Lunnori.

“Can you take us back now?”

“Just give me a few moments. I’ll eat that other berry and then I should have enough energy to get through safely. I‘d eat it now, but I got a small stomach,” he smiled guiltily.

Aislyn sighed, sinking down the wall into a sitting position. For a moment, she considered the box. It had something to do with the Trio Minerals, of course, but what exactly was she suppose to do with it?

“Thyme, what is this box anyway?”

The Celebi drifted down to her side and sat by her. Crossing his arms behind his back, he said, “You sure are full of questions. What you got in your hands, Daughter of the Moon, is called Binding Light. It is no jewelry box, but it was a gift given from Arceus to the Council of Legends. All of the Trio Minerals are suppose to fit inside, keeping them safe and amplifying their power. You’re going to find it rather handy on this little quest of yours.”

“How come Colossus didn’t mention it?” The box suddenly felt a lot heavier in her hands.

“He probably forgot. You got to remember that he’s been asleep for thousands of years. I wouldn’t have expected him to recall every little detail. To be honest, this is the first time the box is going to be used. Other Legends have probably forgot about it, too. You probably would have been fine without it, but you’re going to need all the help you can get.”

“Thanks for that piece of information,” she rolled her eyes sarcastically.

The Mew chuckled again, lifting its paws up to his mouth. Floating over, it ruffled her hair playfully.

“Why can’t Mew talk like you?”

“Her ways are much more ancient than mine. She’s been around since the very beginning.”

Aislyn blinked, finding new respect for her little hero. How could she have guessed that this creature was probably as old as time itself? She watched with wonder as the creature floated gracefully through the air, chasing a tiny butterfly that fluttered by.

“Mew’s the guardian of Binding Light, Aislyn,” Thyme suddenly grew grim. “And she’s entrusting you with it. She’s going to want it back all in one piece when this is all said and done. Take good care of it.”

“I will,” Aislyn nodded somberly, tightening her grip on the delicate-looking craft. But I’m way in over my head, she added to herself.

-----

Thus ends Chapter Eleven! You're almost caught up with what I already have written, so now I'll post whenever I get a chapter ready. I still like to have a cushion between what I have and what I've posted
: ) Now I have a quick question . . . am I making chapters too short now?

Last edited by Charmander009; 11-21-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:41 PM
ShionRasenka Offline

Nice chapter Charmander!!! That information on the box was cool, and I'm glad Thyme's okay!! I hope he and Aislyn get back to the others alright. I wonder how getting the gems will go.... I can't wait till the Birds, Beasts, Goloms and Minerals come in (did I get those right??? XDD)!!! Keep up the awesome work!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:23 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Thanks, Shion! I thought long and hard on what should hold the Trio Minerals . . . A thought of a staff, but that seemed too cliche and kinda weird X D Something, though, needed to hold them because they're rather delicate . . . So, I chose a jewelry box. Kinda boring, but it works. ^^'

Here's a drawing of it I did one day. It's a photo of it, since I don't have a scanner.

Here's it opened up: