Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 06-24-2009, 08:47 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Re: Individual RP: Nyurgh

OoC: exactly, if the Pokemon is fainted it can't swallow. And since the occasion allows it, I'd like to show you that the Park isn't only Pokemon appearing...
Oh, and Porygon2 is at 90%, don't forget.

After the Hyper Beam fainted the Turtwig, Nyurgh recalled his Pokemon with a sigh. As he was about to say something, suddenly his Wartortle popped out of his pokeball and mischievously ran in the deeper part of the tropical woods, his trainer torn up as to what to do. Suddenly his Pokemon screamed- or so it seemed.

"Ranger Hya, Wartortle is in trouble, take care of Armaldo, I'll be back as soon as I can!" he said to the other man.

"But..." Hya protested as the rash trainer went after his Pokemon. He sighed. "Rue, please keep an eye on him, ok?"

His Alakazam nodded, and set off after them, teleporting shortly after having found a link with their minds.

Armaldo nudged gently- yet rather roughly, given her size- the ranger, pushing him away slightly. "You're a needy girl, aren't you? Wait a moment, I'll be back soon with some other medicaments."

You follow the sound you heard earlier, shoving the giant plants out of your way as they clutter the narrow path you're following. You call Wartortle out, and hear his reply. Worried, you blindly run in the direction the cry came from...

And you fall into a pitfall, hitting the bottom with a thud. The walls are too smooth for you to climb on, but maybe a Pokemon could quickly jump from wall to wall to get out of there. Problem is, they're not likely to be able to carry you AND do that at the same time.

You notice a thick vine hanging like a swing from a nearby branch over you. It's too high for you to reach, but it looks sturdy enough to carry your weight.

A set of snickers echoes from the borders of the trap.

OoC: Now let's see how you deal with this. Also, on a different but related (to the previous posts anyway) note: depending on your Pokemon strength, 70+ BP stabbed or SE attacks should be used only as the opponent is at full health, then only weak attacks.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

OOC: I SMELL A TRAP!(Is it too late for that though?)

IC: Once again, I charged into things without thinking straight. This time though, I literally landed on my ass. The hole was deep, I was almost five feet tall and I could barely reach halfway. I heard snickers coming from around the hole. Damn! Someone, or something, had trapped me. They obviously had wicked intentions, as they stuck around the outside, instead of just leaving me in the hole. That is when I noticed a vine, just out of my reach.

I was left with several options. First, I could wait in this hole for Ranger Hya to drive away whatever was waiting top-side and save me; the wuss way out. There was the option of piggy backing on Drapion to grab the vine and climb out, but then I'd be at the mercy of whatever was waiting above. I had to think for a minute. I had heard several chuckles, but why did I automatically assume that the hole was surrounded? If I let out all three of the Pokemon I had with me, and assuming the hole wasn't surrounded, I could intimidate whatever was up there.

I did just that, releasing the three Pokemon I had with me. Porygon2 was still trying to catch its breath from the Hyper Beam. I rubbed the virtual pokemon's sleek body.

"Do you think you can perform Magnet Rise?" I asked gently.

Porygon2, the crowd-pleaser, obediently did as it was told. It slowly rose into the air. I turned to my dark purple ogre scorpion and climbed onto his shoulders. I was able to reach the vine, and with Porygon2's guidance, I was able to slowly climb up. Scizor, the pincer Pokemon fluttered her wings and was able to bounce off the sides of the pitfall. Finally the three of us made it to the top to find that I had been afraid of...

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 06-24-2009, 09:59 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Ooc I should've been more accurate. My bad. Now, either we have it my way- but I'm not telling you which is my way, you figure it out- ot you'll be stuck in there for a while

AND I'M NOT A WUSS!

The vine is out of your reach. Way out of your reach. If it wasn't so thickly wrapped around the branch maybe it'd be long enough, but fact is, it is. You can't climb on your poke and grab it though.

From Drapion's shoulders, you reach the borders with the tips of your fingers, but as you try to grasp for something solid the dirt crumbles and you fall back.

The snickers continue. Apparently, they're not intimidated by your two Pokemon- probably they're outnumbering you greatly- but you can't see who it is. You hear a metallic cackle joining in. Apparently, your Porygon2 thinks you look funny, or the crowd has told it a good joke, you can't understand.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

OOC: Lol, I meant that not taking action would make me a wuss. Lol, who would've thought Porygon2 would play the role of "Buffalo Bill", the funny one from Joe Dirt, not the scary one from Silence of the Lands.

IC: I was so close, at the edge of the hole! I made the mistake of getting off Drapion, letting the loose dirt of the edge drop me down, for the third time today, I fell on my ass. Drapion helped me back to my feet, I looked up and saw that Scizor and Porygon2 were out of sight. I assumed the worst had happened, until I heard a Microsoft Sam-eque snicker. Well, Porygon2 lived up with its Jolly nature. I'm surprised I didn't hear an "Lol", laughing out loud if you would, erupt from the internet-obsessed Pokemon.

"And to think I called you loyal!" I yelled to the Virtual Duck.

Of course, the things outside the hole only found this increasingly hilarious. They were still laughing at me! This was when fear seeped in, Drapion and I were stuck in this hole, with some weird force surrounding the exit. I panicked and made several rash jumps, slipping down the hole each time, chunks of the earth following me. Drapion seemed unfazed, which annoyed me greatly. Wartortle could be dead by now, Porygon2 had the audacity to be amused, and Scizor... It dawned on me: there was no reply from Scizor! Drapion's Adamant personality became my favorite thing, I decided to turn on a bit of waterworks and see where it got me.

"D-d-d-drapion!" I yelled, sniffing heavily, "Wartortle is... gone! Porygon2 is being hypnotized! Those...things up there find amusement from us being trapped in a hole!"

"Drape?" he replied, having no idea what angle I was working, or that I was even working one for that matter.

"And Scizor!" I wheezed, smirking when Drapion bolted, "she's a female. This guys already find my being stuck here... f-f-f-unny. Who knows what they plan to, or are already doing to Scizor?"

"DRAPION!" the ogre scorpion roared, if it weren't for his enormous size, I was almost certain it would have leapt out of the hole and delivered a fatal blow to those waiting above.

Whoever was tormenting us would surely pay, and Drapion would make sure of it. The only problem is that we are still stuck in the hole. Then I remembered something: Whenever I kicked off the wall, dirt will fill the hole. With Drapion's ferocity, would he be able to dig our way out of the hole. I had no choice but to try.

"Drapion! Attack the wall, make it come down so we have a slope to run up!" I yelled, pointing at the chunk of earth I had kicked out, "Hope this works."

Old 06-25-2009, 07:28 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: you know, the world doesn't revolve around you. Not everything in the Park is looking for your head- actually nothing is trying to kill you, unless there is a good reason behind it. This said, let's go.

"Shouldn't you be helping him out?"

"He called Master a wuss. Let him panick a little. Besides, Master said to keep an eye on him, not to save his ungrateful ass at the tiniest challenge."

The ranger's Alakazam had kept in telephatic contact, so the one near her trainer knew everything had happened.

"Hm, you've got a point. I'm sure he could work it out."

The male Alakazam was resting on the trunk of a tree, watching the crowd of Pokemon in front of him: the Scizor was just outside the border, out of view. Having not received any other order after the "intimidate them", and that order being nullified by Porygon2's antics, she went back to the edge of the hole, peeking in, as she heard her name.

Porygon2 was simply playing with the clan of trap diggers, apparently busy in a round of peckaboo with one of them, giggling.

As Nyurgh paces the hole, probably reveling in the drama, angst and psychological damage he's causing to his Drapion, a strangled yelp is heard under him. His Wartortle shook off the dirt covering him and rubbed his tail, which his trainer had carelessly stepped on.

Drapion was then ordered to attack the walls, but he soon lost interest in that as he saw Scizor, relieved that his trainer's speech was a meaningless babble. He proceeded to attack the walls but his focus wasn't on it, and it just made a little pile of dirt slide down.

OoC: *sigh* and here I was thinking the answer was even too easy. I'll give you a tip: the key is the vine. You can't reach it, but it doesn't mean that your Pokemon can't reach it as well. However, it's coiled on the branch, tugging it won't work.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:

Last edited by DarkGardevoir; 06-25-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

OOC: Lol, okay then.

IC: Drapion stopped his rush as Scizor peeked over the edge of the hole. I was disgusted with them. Now that I couldn't use their love to get me to do what I want, I had to think of something else.

"Scizor, what's waiting for me at the top?" I asked, then sighed as neither Pokemon was particularly interested in me at the moment.

My attention turned back to the vine, more importantly, the branch it was wrapped around. If the branch wasn't attached too firmly to the tree, the vine would be able to drop down low enough for me to reach. I heard more electronic snickers above ground. Damn Porygon2, we would most certainly have a loyalty discussion when this is all over. But right now, I needed Scizor's help. I recalled Drapion, so it would not distract the pincer Pokemon.

"Scizor, see that branch with the vine on it?" I yelled, "hit it with Iron Head!"

Scizor lowered her head and flapped her wings. She jumped, heading straight for the branch with the vine on it.

"Oh crap!" I thought, not wanting to break Scizor's concentration.

Chances are, my pincer pokemon would drop into the hole. To make sure I didn't get crushed, I had her Pokeball ready he second she began dropping.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:37 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

ooC: really, couldn't you just cut that damn thing? Really. And here I was trying to setup a viable scene for the use of HMs, or workarounds... Guess Iron Head works fine though...

You order your Scizor to break the branch with Iron Head, and she complies. The sudden attack makes the clan of unknown Pokemon to cry "Buneary!" and run away, fearing revenge. Only the peckabooing one didn't flee- it just didn't notice, so engrossed it was playing with Porygon2.

The branch didn't resist the sudden charge and fell down after Scizor. You're ready to catch her in your Pokeball, but the branch... Let's just say it hits you.

And you faint.

Something splashes your face, cold and hard, making you wide awake as your Wartortle finds your reaction funny.

You're both stuck in the hole, with a fallen branch and a thick, long vine. If you had anything to tie it with, you could use it to climb up. Too bad you just broke the branch, genius. It probably is long enough to be tied around a nearby tree and still reach the bottom of the hole, but you'd need first someone up there.

"There," the ranger said after he finished his nursing. "It should hold, and you'll be fine soon. You can go now," he added, patting the Armaldo on the arm.

In answer, she rubbed her smooth, hard skin on his face. "There, there, no need to do that. It's my job." She then held him in a crushing bear-hug, squeezing the living day out of him. "Oof... Ok, I understand you're happy... But you're going to kill me like this."

She blushed a little and let go. "Thanks..." Hya said as he caught his breath. He scratched his head. "I should go check on Nyurgh now... Mint, can you lead me?"

His female Alakazam nodded and led the way, her trainer and the female Armaldo in tow.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 06-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

OOC: LOL I FORGOT ABOUT THE BRANCH. Whoops, forgot you mentioned Turtwig couldnt drink it. Can I still get away with it? I mean, the potions in the anime are all usable in spray form. Plus, I'm not using this for the benefit of a battle, it's more a plot-mover.

IC: I sweatdropped, finding a pile of me, the tree branch, and the vine, with me on the bottom of course. My face was wet and Wartortle was right in front of me, chuckling. I sweatdropped, he was stuck in the hole now too. He seemed to realize this and immediately tried to run up the side, merely kicking dirt onto my wet face. I freed my hand to wipe off the mud, then looked at the pile. I beamed, Team Rocket and Ash Ketchum were the only other people I ever heard of that could come out of a mess like this unharmed.

I was incredibly sore however, it took me several tries to wriggle out from under the branch, I leaned against the pit, Porygon2 was still giggling. I turned to Wartortle, he was still worried about being stuck in the hole. I had a hard time trusting the turtle, but he was light enough for Porygon2 to lift out of the hole. Still, I had to get Porygon2's attention. That's when I remembered the cry that the things outside of the hole made when Scizor hit the branch. I smacked myself in the face, punishing myself because I had mistaken this michief as a death threat.

Then I realized that Buneary could easily hop out of this hole! The problem was getting the little bunny in here so it could grap the vine. I reached into my bag and pulled out a spray bottle, amazed that it had survived the fall. I took a moment of consideration, Buneary liked mischief and fun, judging by Porygon2's chuckles. If it meant getting myself out of the hole, I sprayed the Healing Potion on my body, sighing as I felt no effect. I guess it really was for Pokemon only.

"Wartortle, use Water Gun!" I said, leaving it vague enough for the Naughty Pokemon to pull a prank.

I quickly pulled the top off the healing potion bottle and held it towards Wartortle. The gush of water came towards me direction. Not only did it soak me, but it also filled the bottle! I smiled, now to put up another good act. I aimed the bottle at Wartortle and pulled the trigger, spraying a small amount of water at its face.

I laughed, "Who's wet now Wartortle!" I was thoroughly enjoying this, spritzing the Water-type with more water. Porygon2 stopped giggling, I heard something hop, "this is the funniest prank ever. Try it Wartortle!" I sprayed the turtle with water again.

I chuckled, almost forgetting why I was doing this in the first place, "are there any Buneary up there? If there are, I'll give you this new toy if you do me a quick favor."

OOC: Hopefully bartering works.

Last edited by Gokudera-Kun; 06-27-2009 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Misinterpretted "But the branch" as my re-call failing.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:51 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

sorry... had some issues with my mobile. Here you go.

And btw, I can sell you potions as well, but you can't use them in battle because mine have to be drank. The ones you buy at the Park Mart have the spray and can be used in battle.

You empty the potion on you, but apparently it has no effect. It only makes the shallow cuts caused earlier by the Seedot sting.

Then you ask Wartortle to fill the bottle, staying vague to let him play a prank on you. And you retaliate by spraying him back.

The ruckus attracts the EVIL BUNNY THE CHAOSBRINGER's attention, and it hops to the border to see what's going on. It appears interested in the new toy you're offering.

It hops down the pitfall and lands near you, trying uselessly to snatch the bottle from your hand- even trying to bargain it with a Tamato berry at one point. "If you want this, you'll have to do me a quick favor," you say.

"What's going on here?" you hear Hyacinth say as he takes a peek in the hole. "Just what are you doing with a wild Buneary down there?"

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 06-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

"What's going on here?" I hear Hyacinth say as he takes a peek in the hole. "Just what are you doing with a wild Buneary down there?"

"I got stuck, and then I knocked down this vine, but it snapped, so now I'm really stuck," I explained, "I was trying to get Buneary to help me out of the hole," I turned to the rabbit, handing it the spray bottle, "thanks anyways little buddy", I turned to the ranger standing at the top of the hole, "mind tying this around a tree?"

I picked up the vine and began twirling it as if it were a lasso. I built up as much strength in my arm as possible and let it fly! I sweatdropped as it barely reached the edge and dropped back down. I guess I wasn't as strong as I thought I was... I turned to find that the Buneary hadn't left yet.

"Hey, do you mind getting this to the big man up there?" I asked, displaying the vine and pointing to the ranger.

The rabbit stared at me with a blank look on its face, to help me, it would have to set down its precious new toy. I saw the look in its eyes, and knew what had to be done.

"Okay, I'll make a deal with you Buneary," I said, ignoring how ridiculous I probably looked, making a deal with the bunny, "Remember Porygon2? The ducky? I will let you play with it all day if you help me, and you can keep that new toy too. How does that sound?" I smiled, still holding the vine, trying with all my might not to yell as I received a blank stare.

OOC: And I thought Seedot and Hoppip were giving me trouble.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:37 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

You try to have Buneary help you but... he just sprays you with the bottle giggling, then proceeds to do the same to Wartortle and Porygon2.

"Couldn't you just ask Porygon2 to lift the vine for you?" Hya asks as he sees the disappointment on your face. "Wait a minute. I've got it. Mint, lift the vine with your Psychic attac and ooof," he says as the Armaldo he had nursed- and who had followed him- playfully tackles him, making him wince a litte. "Err... Armaldo, you want to help as well?" She nods. "OK then, you can pull him up. Ok?" She nods again, a smile creeping on her face. "Good. Nyurgh, tie the other end around your waist, and tell me when you're ready."

You nod, and do as he says, as the female Alakazam lifts the other end of the vine with a flick of her wrist, and hands it to the young ranger, that in turn fastens it to the hooked claws of the Plate Pokemon, and she begins to pull you out of the pitfall.

The tan and brown bunny quickly follows, the bottle tightly held in his hand.

Encounter #5 (Encounters left: 10)

Buneary (Unknown gende/trait/Nature)

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 06-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Once I'm safely out of the hole, I kiss the ground of the upper level. I turn to see the little Buneary with th spray bottle, just standing there. It caused a lot of trouble for me and my Pokemon. I had been as nice as I possibly could while I was stuck in the hole. But I had yet to catch a single Pokemon on my excursion, and if Buneary evolves into what I think it does, I could do some damage with a Lopunny.

"Wartortle, use Hydro Pump," I told my turtle, then I quickly caught my mistake, "On Buneary!"

The blue turtle turned and readied a pool of water in his mouth. He thrust his body forward, sending out a geyser of high-pressured water at the little rabbit.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

"Wartortle, use Hydro Pump," you order, then you add. "On Buneary!" After all, you an never be too cautious with a naughty Pokemon. Even your own.

The turtle Pokemon groans as he prepares the attack.

"Careful there," ranger Hyacinth warns. "We don't want this to faint as well, do we?"

Hm, maybe he might've been a little more subtle about his statement, but hey, warnings are always welcome, aren't them?

Behind the ranger, Armaldo watches the scene bemused. She seems to be wondering about something, but she's a Pokemon, so you're not sure what she's focusing on. For all you know, she might be eyeing the Buneary as her next meal.

The bunny Pokemon was engrossed in figuring out how its new toy worked, giving its back to the naughty water Pokemon. Such a mistake, isn't it? Wartortle wickedly grins as he prepares to blast a powerful high-pressure water bullet, aiming at the back of the unaware Pokemon's head. The blast is shot, and flies to its target.

The Buneary's ears perk up, and in a swift and graceful backwards leap it jumps over the attack, avoiding it completely. You feel like you've seen the scene before- maybe in a movie or something. You catch a glimpse of its face, and it's grinning.

Then it lands... well, not so gracefully. It falls on its head, and tumbles a little, the used spray bottle falling from its paws and down the pit. When it gets up, the Pokemon notices the missing item, and franctically looks around searching for its toy.

And when it doesn't find it around, it starts crying.

Buneary 100% *crying*

Vs

Wartortle 100%

OoC: You can ignore *my* warning, Wartortle isn't nearly as dangerous to use as Drapion and Scizor (in size... the nature might give you some troubles though)

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:

Last edited by DarkGardevoir; 06-28-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

OOC: I'll heed that warning. I've screwed myself over in plenty of ways before.

IC: Wartortle snickers at the crying Buneary. I can't help but feel responsible. I recall my turtle, in order to make sure that it does not cause any further trouble. I turn to the rabbit, seeing it continue to cry. Maybe a capture attempt would go over easier if it wasn't throwing a fit. It would sure help the taming process too. I remember seeing something fall into the pit, so naturally, it was the first place I looked.

"Don't cry, I'll get the toy for you," I say, peering down the hole, thankful that I'm at the top, "the only question is... how?"

Buneary was still broken up, I doubt I could get it to jump down the pit and retrieve it itself. Scizor could just jump off the walls and reach the top, as it had done before. But the spray bottle, it could just as easily be broken in those meaty claws. Porygon2 sounded like the perfect option, it could float in and out of the pit with ease. However, it lacked the means to pick up the spray bottle, and it was much too light for me to ride.

I could just walk away, let the Buneary cry itself to sleep. I didn't sign any paperwork telling me that I had to babysit any Pokemon. Then I noticed the vine that was still wrapped around my waist. I knew that to retrieve the spray bottle, I would need Drapion's help. I released the purple Ogre Scorpion, and told him to turn around, so that his back faced the hole. I then proceeded to tie the vine around the tail.

"Okay Drapion, when I give the word, pull me back up," I told my Pokemon, "here goes nothing."

I give the vine one last tug, to make sure it would hold me. I took a deep breath and took one step into the pit. I pressed my feet against the wall and slowly, carefully, repelled down to the bottom. I found the bottle on the bottom of the pit, right beside the branch. I was still baffled as to how those things survive a drop like that. I picked up the bottle and turned to the wall.

"Okay Drapion, start walking, slowly," I told it, emphasizing the slowly part.

The now obedient Drapion did what he was told. We both walked forward, one step at a time. The process was somewhat tedious, but it was worth it I reached the top again. Drapion used his claw to cut the vine from his tail. I recalled my Pokemon and slowly coiled the vine, taking extra care not to drop the bottle I had put in my pocket.

"Hope you don't mind if I keep this while I'm here," I ask the ranger, "this vine has helped me out twice today."

Then I turn to Buneary, who was still crying. I had to find the perfect way to show it that I found its told. And remembering how Buneary had fiddled with the toy, the idea dawned on me.

"Hey little buddy," I said in my gentle tone, "Watch this."

I made sure Buneary was able to see what I was doing, I leaned close to it and pointed at the trigger. I aimed the spray bottle towards my face as I did this.

"Put your paw on the button," I said, placing my finger on the button again, "and watch what happens."

OOC: What? I'm not going to wail on a *snickers* wailing Pokemon.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:51 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

As you recall Wartortle and try to figure out a way to get its spray bottle back, a hidden grin appears on the bunny face, but before it does anything you've already climbed down the hole to get the thing.

Drapion lifts you up.

"Go ahead, it's just a vine. And you know," the ranger says after you're out. "You could've asked me to help. It's not like you've got to do everything alone, do you?"

You shrug his comment off as, after kneeling, you show the Buneary how to use the tool, and it quickly understands, spraying you with some more water, giggling. With a smile on your face, you stand up and prepare to continue the battle, when suddenly you lose foot. Somehow, the ground became slippery. You look down, trying your best not to fall down butt-first, and you notice that the ground right under you has been frozen.

You look at the wild Pokemon as it hops a few steps back, carefully placing the bottle in a small hole in a tree, and then it turns to face you, still giggling a little, mocking you as you try to balance yourself.

Still Encounter #5

Buneary 100%

Nyurgh's team:

Jolly Genderless Porygon2 90% (Download)
Naughty Male Wartortle 100% (Torrent)
Female Hardy Scizor 80.24% (Technician)
Male Adamant Drapion 96.98% (Sniper)

Vocaboulary Game
Quote: