Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » National Park

National Park Welcome to the URPG's National Park. This is the place to come if your a role-playing fanatic, because here at the Park, you RP your way towards catching more Pokemon!

Old 07-04-2009, 12:43 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir
Default Re: Individual RP: Nyurgh

Encounter #6

Male Lax Cherubi (Chlorophyll) - You fled

Previous Encounters:
#1: Male Hasty Seedot (Chlorophyll) and Male Timid Hoppip (Leaf Guard) - Seedot fled, Hoppip fainted
#2: Female Hasty Tropius (Chlorophyll) - Trainer fled
#3: Female Rash Armaldo (Battle Armor) - Trainer fled
#4: Male Naughty Turtwig (Overgrow) - Fainted
#5: Male Impish Bunary (Klutz) - Caught

#6: Male Lax Cherubi (Chlorophyll) - Trainer fled.

Items: Nature Ball x4
Nyurgh's team:

Female Hardy Scizor 60.21% (Technician)
Male Adamant Drapion 96.89% (Sniper)
GL Jolly Porygon2 78.90% (Download)
Male Naugthy Wartortle 100% (Torrent)

You work on a lame excuse as you face the ranger, after you finished fixing the vine around your leg.

He mumbles something you can't really hear, but that sounds vaguely like "stupid trainers always trying to look tough".

You both walk past the relaxing Cherubi, that glances at you briefly before waving you off as uninteresting, and deeper in the garden, as slowly the forest changes look- from more tropical trees to milder species, with scarce hints of pines scattered in the sea of green.

As you behold the scenery, ranger Hya stops before you, the wild Armaldo still in tow- looks like she took a liking to the ranger. He scratches his head as he looks at the huge wall of grass in front of him. The green fortress stand tall and wide, surrounding a rather large zone of the garden, a mix of different kinds of plants mingled together by some unnatural force. There's even some berry plants in there!

The ranger gets closer to the wall, checking if any berry is mature enough, then he picks an Aspear Berry and tosses it to you. "Eat it. Should help with the stinging in your foot. Careful, the peel is very hard."

His attention is then diverted to the Armaldo, who had started wandering around the wall a little and cried to get the human to follow her.

She had found an entrance.

It's around four-feet-three tall, and much larger, it could probably let thru a Rayquaza- if they ever bothered slithering on the ground instead of soaring the skies. However, four thick vines cross each other, sealing the entrance. If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of many Pokemon coming from behind the wall.

"Good girl," the ranger says as he scratches behind the rock bug- a hard feat t accomplish, yet he did. Even better, she murred as he did it. The human turns to you. "Well, guess it's time for you to choose the way. Don't worry too much about cutting the vines- they'll grow back. You want to go on or see what's behind this?"

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

After working off the peel and finishing the berry, I turned my attention to the vines Armaldo had discovered. I only had four Nature Balls with me, but there wasn't a single healing item. Still, Ranger Hyacinth always said he'd be there to help in case of emergency, and he certainly proved that in the early stages of this visit. I reached into my pocket, digging out Scizor's Pokeball.

"Alright, cut down these vines with X-Scissor!" I yelled, releasing the ball.

The red pincer Pokemon did as she was told and folded her arms. After pulling back energy for a second, her claws began to glow green, so she unleashed a magnificent attack. A green "X" materialized as she swiped through the vines, cutting all of them, except for a small traingular nub the barely hung over the entrance of the cave. Scizor smiled, but she was panting heavily.

"I know you wanna keep fighting girl," I said, recalling her back into her Pokeball, "but Drapion has taken the least damage, out of the three Pokemon who actually obeyed me."

I tossed out another Pokeball which contained a purple ogre scorpion. Drapion, the Pokemon that gained man status for not only fighting his damn hardest against Seedot and Hoppip, but for also picking up a mate along the way. He raised his claws, and fired some quick jabs, in the same manner an eager boxer would.

"Alright, you can go first," I said, patting him on the back.

The Poison/Dark-type squeezed through the entrance, they were the exact same height. Once there was enough space, I went in, ducking down for a second or two until the ceiling raised. Once we were in deep enough, I heard a noise hiding in the darkness.

"Damn, I think it's a wild Pokemon!" I yelled, savoring the echo my voice made, "Ranger Hya, do you have a flashlight?"

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 07-06-2009, 05:33 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

The trainer takes a bite of the sour berry, and goes off to where the Armaldo is, without thanking the Ranger for the trouble of worrying about him.

"Typical," Hya mutters, too low for you to hear.

Nyurgh then calls forward his Scizor, telling her to cut off the vines that cluttered the entrance, and then he recalls her and sends Drapion to scout the little tunnel, following soon after.

"Damn, I think it's a wild Pokemon!" the young guy yells as he gets deeper in the tunnel and hears a Pokemon cry."Ranger Hya, do you have a flashlight?"

"Nope, sorry," he replies. "But there's no need for that, look, there's an exit already!" He points a finger toward to the light in front of you.

As you exit the tunnel, you marvel at the sight. A verdant clearing opens in front of you, surrounded by the high grass wall. A couple of trees rest around, projecting a resting shadow for whoever needed, and flower sprouted wildly from the ground, scattered to the four winds in a rainbow-ish fashion, spreading wide for the whole area. Small berry shrubs completed the view, with their juicy and almost pulsing array of different tasting fruits.

Next to you there's a pond, and you notice because something splashed water on your face. Merrily playing on its sides, three Pokemon use their abilities to wet as much as they can their opponent.

There's a small Budew, a yellow seed covered by two giant vines, that's using its arms lookalikes to suck in, then shoot water to a bigger sized yellow seed, that first deflects the water with a swing of its pink cherry petals, just to then shoot back at the playmate.

The Cherrim then pirouettes and then hits the pond's surface with a couple of shining leaves, creating a small wave that crashes on the third Pokemon, a puny Bellsprout, the small flytrap Pokemon protecting with the leaves it has in places of hands.

Elsewhere, you hear the annoyed cry of a Bulbasaur, busy with trying to defy an especially nasty Combee that's insistently provoking the bulb Pokemon, as well as trying to suck some nectar from said bulb.

Under a nearby tree, a lone Sunkern sits, looking rather dejected.

OoC: these aren't encounters yet, per se, you'll have to approach one of these Pokemon to start the battle. Bear in mind that these aren't the only Pokemon in the clearing, only the closest ones

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

The change in scenery was breathaking. The trees and berries added a strange blend of colors to the overall palette. Suddenly water splashed in my face. I turned to find three Pokemon playing in the water, splashing each other. Then I heard an extremely familiar Pokemon Cry. I turned to see a Combee attacking a poor Bulbasaur. The Grass-type tried its hardest to protect the bulb on its back, but Combee was too relentless.

"Hey, cut it out you two!" I yelled

Of course, just aimlessly shouting at two wild Pokemon provides moot results. I watched the two Pokemon fight, and then heard the sound of a Bellsprout in the water. But I had to stay focused. Bulbasaur might be the closest thing to a Turtwig I'll be able to catch today. I turned my attention to the honeycomb Pokemon, and then to the Bulbasaur. If I only attacked Combee, Bulbasaur might escape. I shoved my hand in my pocket and quickly pulled out Scizor's Pokeball.

"Scizor, keep Bulbasaur busy with Fury Cutter! Drapion, let's nail Combee with a Crunch and Thunder Fang combo!" I yelled.

Scizor beat her wings fiercely, barely managing to hover off the ground. She began flailing her arms as she moved, viciously hacking at the air, her attack was gaining speed as she continued it. Her red metallic body hovered over Bulbasaur as she prepared to hack away at the bulb.

Scizor's insane hacking caused Combee to cautiously back away. By no means did it want to aggravate the pincer Pokemon. Of course, it had no way of noticing Drapion charging his attack. The ogre scorpion swiftly moved towards the floating insect. This special combination of attacks was especially fierce. Normally, when using Thunder Fang, the user has to charge up energy first, and then attempt to bite the target. But by catching them with Crunch, Drapion could just as easily leave the victim in his mouth and charge up the electricity right there. I anxiously awaited the light show that was sure to follow.

Last edited by Gokudera-Kun; 07-11-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:55 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

You yell at the two Pokemon, but to no avail. Looks like the Combee loves harrassing its playmate.

You then send out Scizor as well, to keep Bulbasaur busy as Drapion dealt a quick and painful knockout to the Combee.

The steel mantis quickly flew to the bulb Pokemon, hacking her way to it with a barrage of Fury Cutters. Unnoticed by her, Combee decides to play a nasty trick on her, swiftly launching a Gust attack with its weak wings at the bug Pokemon as she failed to connect a consecutive hit due to the surprise.

The Bulbasaur took the bounce, and retreating a little due to the blow it received, produces a sprouting seed from its bulbous back, and standing on its first paws, aim it at the steel bug. At first, it seems to fail, but then the seed manages to somehow latch itself onto a nook in the red Pokemon's armor and finishes its blooming, starting to sap energy.

Snickering at the combined effects of its prank, the Honeycomb Pokemon barely acknowledges the Drapion that nears it, and that big mistake costed.

The poison Pokemon latches onto the bee, locking it into a steely grip inside his mouth, and then he releases sparks of electricity somehow hidden in the depths of his body, effectively electrocuting it to a KO.

The scene unsettingly remembered the ranger of an execution. "You know, there are non-violent ways to incapacitate a Pokemon or make it flee- like Roar or Scary Face. You don't have to be so brutal each time.

Scizor had to back away a little as the parasyte seed worked its magic.

Encounter #7

Male Naughty Combee (Honey Gather) - Ko
Bulbasaur (unknown gender/nature/Overgrow) - 91.34%

Vs

Scizor 55.21% Seeded
Drapion 96.81%

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 07-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

"You know, there are non-violent ways to incapacitate a Pokemon or make it flee- like Roar or Scary Face. You don't have to be so brutal each time," the ranger said to me.

"Sorry, guess I took things too far," I replied scratching my cheek.

Scizor's health was slowly being drained. I had dealt with this move before, so I knew how to handle it.

"Drapion, mind cutting those vines off of Scizor?" I asked.

The purple scorpion slid the hooks of his hands under the vines, removing them from Scizor's metallic body. Of course, Drapion couldn't get into the nook where the seed had planted itself, so the best it could do was keep the vines from getting out of control.

"Scizor, we have to take care of Bulbasaur," I told her, "this is your fight, use X-Scissor. Drapion, if you see the vines start to sprout again, get rid of them."

Both Pokemon nodded, and Scizor began her attack. She folded her arms, gathering a pale green energy in her claws as she slowly floated towards the Bulb Pokemon. Drapion held his claws at the ready and stayed right behind his ally. If the Leech Seed showed any signs of further growth, the Ogre Scorpion would hack the vines away. Scizor finally charged her attack and flew to get Bulbasaur in range. She unfolded her claws, leaving a faint green "X" in the air that would hack at Bulbasaur.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:52 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: sorryf or the long wait... never felt like it. Oh, and I forgot to add the damage to Scizor for Combee's gust. It's around 8%

Anyway, back on topic.

You order Drapion to stay out of the fight, but to help Scizor cutting off the vines. As gently as Drapion can, he can't help but scratch the already rather weak Scizor, weaking her further.

Scizor shrugs it off, and prepares to strike, a glow surrounding the red pinchers of the steel Pokemon as she hit off to the grass Pokemon.

Controlled, the small Pokemon quickly devised a strategy, raising itself on its front legs, bulb pointed at the incoming threat, and shot a spray of dazzling spores. Probably it'd hoped that she'd try to avoid them, so it carefully surveied her actions.

Too bad she wasn't the type to do that. She met the Stun Spore cloud head-on, throwing herself with her pincers recklessly, not considering the paralysis that was kicking in, and struck.

Bulbasaur was thrown back, a nasty gash on the bulb, that however wasn't oozing any juice out yet.

Scizor shruddered as the vines crept again and her health was again drained...

Bulbasaur 37.45%

Vs

Scizor 41.33% Leech Seed, Paralysis

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 07-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

OOC: Lol, I must've missed this.

IC: Scizor looked like she was in bad shape. Not only had Drapion unintentionally scratched her, but she had received a paralysis from the spores on Bulbasaur's back. Leech Seed was starting to reveal itself again, and Drapion raised his claws to exorcise the seed.

"Drapion, stop," I said, pulling out his Pokeball, recalling the Ogre Scorpion, then I pulled out a second Pokeball, "Scizor, you're next."

After recalling both my Pokemon, I reached for two more Pokeballs. I released a blue-and-pink duck with a smooth body. The second Pokeball was an empty nature ball, one of four that I still had with me.

"Porygon2, if Bulbasaur escapes, use Discharge," I said, throwing the Pokeball, "Nature Ball, go!"

Porygon2 began storing energy inside its body, converting it into electricity which flowed around the Virtual Pokemon. The Pokeball swallowed the Bulb Pokemon, claiming it into its metal chamber. The ball began shaking around, a sign that Bulbasaur was still struggling.

"Porygon2, instead of using Discharge wildly, target the Pokeball if it pops back open," I told it, "we don't want to disturb any other Pokemon."

Discharge was an Electric-type move that discharged the stored energy. Usually it is unleashed in an uncontrollable burst, shocking anything in range. But Pokemon with a higher level of control over the attack can fire a think jolt. When that jolt hits a target, the electricity will pulse from the target instead of the user. The attack was incredibly effective in areas where the user cannot get enough distance from its allies.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:10 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

You recall Drapion, then Scizor, and ready Porygon2 pokeball, along with an empty one.

The bulb Pokemon, however, didn't sit still, and instead focused, a light haze leaving the tip of its bulb and wafting around. You inhale a little of it, and it smells wonderfully good.

As soon as the Virtual Pokemon emerged, you threw the empty Pokeball to Bulbasaur, catching it unaware. Then you order Porygon2 to attack the Pokeball, should Bulbasaur escape.

The Pokeball wiggled on the ground, back and forth, until...

It opened.

Quickly, you urge the virtual duck to attack, but it seems distracted by the sweet aroma that the grass Pokemon previously produced. After a second yell, however, the Pokemon snaps out of it and charges, aiming... at the Pokeball. Yeah, it wasn't too focused honestly.

The Bulbasaur rolled out of the way as the concentrated jolt fast-forwarded to the spherical tool. The ball seems to absorb it at first, but then a couple of small cracks appear on the borders of the open tool. Nice job breaking it, hero!

Now- somewhat- safe, the grass and poison Pokemon arches its back, aiming for its now spent opponent, then shot a very big and nasty seed machine-gun, hitting it on the side.

Bulbasaur 37.45%

VS

Porygon2 57.56%

OoC: you cannot reuse that same Parkball again, if you're wondering. Just for clearness sake, the attacks Bulbasaur used just now were Sweet Scent and Seed Bomb.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 08-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Porygon2 tried to avoid the large seed Bulbasaur had fired, but it was too distracted by the... soothing aroma that filled the air. The seed fired, hitting my Pokemon hard. I had to think of something, before Bulbasaur could get away. I couldn't project the electricity through a Pokeball, it was too fragile. Then I remembered another good conducter. I reached into my pocket and pulled out two Pokeballs.

"Drapion, Wartortle, I need your help!" I yelled, tossing the Pokeballs, and walking towards the ranger, "Wartortle, use Rain Dance. Drapion, give us some shelter."

We ducked as Drapion arched his body over us, shielding us from the rain. Once the attack stopped, I recalled both of my Pokemon. The ground around us was wet, moist enough to carry electricity.

"Porygon2, use Discharge," I said, "don't use your full strength, Bulbasaur's all wet, so you should be able to hit it harder. If you cant get Bulbasaur, hit the ground near him."

Porygon2 gathered energy, the yellow electricity sparked around its body. It fired a thin lightning bolt at Bulbasaur. It was at the perfect angle, in case Bulbasaur dodged, the wet ground would provide a proper area to discharge the energy.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:31 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

OoC: ever heard the saying, "Who sows wind, reaps tempests"? Because that's what's gonna happen. First you can't stop the rain, and waiting until it stopped only would've meant your death, as in the meantime Bulbasaur can attack your puny Pokemon. Over and over and over and over again.

You summon Wartortle, and ask him to use Rain Dance. As if that's gonna happen. Oh, he's so going to do it, right. Without any incentive. Because he's just that respectful.

You manage to convince him to summon the rain, and take shelter under your Drapion, while you order Porygon2 to charge up a Discharge in the rain.

Oh, Bulbasaur was having none of it. As the rain started falling, vines crept from the sides of its bulb, latching onto the machine Pokemon and whacking it around as it charged up electricity.

Unable to hold back any longer, Porygon2 launchs an electric beam at its opponent, which was still connected to the virtual duck by the vines. Oops.

With the added effect of the rain, the Discharge attack shocks them both much, much harder than it would've done normally, and leaves them fried on the ground.

Encounter #7 - End

Female Calm Bulbasaur KO
Male Naughty Combee KO

Your team:

Jolly Porygon2 - KO
Female Hardy Scizor 41.33% PAR (Technician)
Male Adamant Drapion 96.89% (Sniper)
Male Naugthy Wartortle 100% (Torrent)

OoC: truly an amazing feat, I didn't think I could ever make a double ko happen- not so soon anyway. You seem to have misunderstood the "grass types can discharge Electric-type attacks" statement. I'll just say that not every Pokemon has the same characteristic, and that this defense they have heavily relies on a single characteristic- or move, to be exact. In my opinion, anyway. And by the way, Bulbasaur doesn't have it.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote: