Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Night Fire's Avatar
Night Fire Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 147
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Please specify the exact rules the lot of you do have problems with and state why you have problems with them.

Edit: I've adjusted rule 5 just a bit. Meaning, it doesn't affect your win loss ratio. It just deducts points and affects your standings on the over all ranking list. So in other words. That IS a penalty for dodging challenges.

Rule 1 states "At least 5 Members from each clan must be able to participate." What I mean by this is, if some of your members are on vacation, or don't currently have access to Wi-fi and you simply don't have enough active members to hold a War. The challenge that was sent to you becomes void. Due to the fact you don't fall under the criteria to have a war.

Rul 8 states "Whether you win or lose a war, you MUST have at least 5 different battlers participating in the next one." My reasoning for implementing this is not only to stop the more well off clans from constantly using their best battlers to gain quick win in a war and have it ended. It allows you to have some newer members experience a competitive battle first hand.

To further elaborate on this. It adds real strategy to having Wars. Not only do match up's play a part in Wars, but having to worry about the next challenge at hand.

Example:

War between Clan A and B is taking Place.
Clan A sends in 2 of their best battlers, Clan B sends in their 5 top battlers
Clan B win's 3-2
Clan B is then Challenged by Clan X (Considering they've just used their best battlers in the previous War they are more than likely to lose.)
Clan B Declines Challenge
Clan Z Then Challenges Clan B, (Clan B accepts believing they have the upper hand even with out their best battlers.)
Clan Z wins 4-1

My thought process behind these rules was not only to think about the challenge at hand, but to think about those that may be challenging you in the future. On top of that, it means bigger Wars. Since you only have to change 5 battlers, you could have a 7v7 War, 9v9! Meaning you're still following the rules, and it allows for more points to be on the line! :o! MORE POINTS?!

Yes, I said more points, the bigger the wars, the more points you gain for winning. 7v7 = 2, 9v9 = 3, 11v11 = 4, 13 v 13 = 5.

I digress though, the BIGGEST reason why I've added these rules, is so that the Battling Center gains more activity. I was honestly annoyed by the fact that clans who were able to battle would decline constantly, due to them not wanting to mess up their Win / Lose Ratio. The fact that they didn't want to lose, the fact they believed they couldn't win. All this lead to much less activity and a lack of war's going on.

Not only do more battles against a variety of other people help people out, it also keeps this place more active! So, it really is a win win situation!
I would like to suggest that you change it to 3 battlers. Not five. Most wars consist of 5-6 battlers. You should change rule 8 to 3 people.
__________________
A.K.A. Stalk The Night
FC: 1505 3424 9236
Battle Record: 11-4
  #47  
Old 06-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Skottles's Avatar
Skottles Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Taste the god damn rainbow already
Posts: 2,947
Send a message via AIM to Skottles
Default Re: The Clan Index

I agree with Night Fire. 3 battlers I believe will still make wars involve strategy.
__________________
  #48  
Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: The Clan Index

i think the 5 rule is better, if the whole reason behind making it so you can battling in a clan war twice, then good. it seems like a bad idea at first but that means that the same five people arent going to be fighting in every war. some people get left out all the time, you should be judged by all of your battlers overall not just the top ones
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

  #49  
Old 06-24-2009, 02:21 AM
Verystrait42's Avatar
Verystrait42 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: illinois
Posts: 1,666
Default Re: The Clan Index

The 5 rule just gets people who don't deserve to get into wars a sopt. The best are used for a reason; Because they have worked to be the best. I would be ok with the diffrent 3 because then the top 2 battlers are still guaranteed a spot.
__________________


Reached 11 on Challenge Cup PO ladder.

Wi-fi: Zack, 2665-5033-9610
Shoddy/PO Username: Verystrait42
  #50  
Old 06-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verystrait42 View Post
The 5 rule just gets people who don't deserve to get into wars a sopt. The best are used for a reason; Because they have worked to be the best. I would be ok with the diffrent 3 because then the top 2 battlers are still guaranteed a spot.
your a clan leader very part of your job is to make sure everyone gets the help they need. if someones not that good work with them. pushing it down to three makes even less likely anyone new will get a chance to battle. i mean if thats the case the number should be droped from 18 max to 6 or 9 max..cause most clans would use the same 6 people. I can see why people would not like the rule but it does make it fair for everyone to get involved
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

  #51  
Old 06-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: The Clan Index

Who dictates that a certain battler is good enough to participate in a Clan War, the Leader? Does the leader constantly battle against a said member to determine if they're good enough? How can you exactly rank a person based upon just ONE try out battle?

Pokemon is a very diverse game and sure, there are some standards out there for teams, but just because your team can beat one person, doesn't mean it's going to beat everybody.

If I was honestly going to rank some one, I'd pick their brain to determine if they know what kinds of things they'll see out in the standard meta game. Battle them a few times with different teams to see how they adjust. Only then are you able to gauge how good some one is.

The only way a person will grow is by having them go against other people than yourself. The more people you play against, the better your understanding will be of the game itself. So in my own opinion, by having them participate in a war whether some one deems them to be unworthy or not will help them in the long run. This in turn will help our OWN community grow with battle experience.

@Ninja Kirby: If a clan wishes to dodge challenges, by all means, go for it! Since your win / lose ratio is no longer affected. It just means that every time you decline a point will be deducted. So you really could have 10 wins 0 Losses, but be in dead last on the standings.

The reason I updated these rules was because people would dodge challenges when they are perfectly able to go to war. They just didn't want to lose. I mean, what's the point of having a clan if you aren't going to go up against other clans? This has lead to a lot of inactivity in the Battling Center. It's why a lot of other battling communities don't think much of PE2k. What is there, only 10 or so battlers that are actually good or considered decent by the competitive community at large?!

How are we suppose to get better? Sure, we can TELL a person they need to do this, this, and this to have a better team. Yet, do they understand the actual meaning behind those changes? These suggestions? Most likely not, it's why people would end up joining clans so they could build up some knowledge and understanding. How are they able to test themselves if they aren't actually out there going up against people first hand?! A war is a perfect place to gain that understanding of why those changes were important.

That's why I made the rules this way!

xD Such a long post. Lol
__________________
  #52  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Trainer17's Avatar
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New World
Posts: 6,354
Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Who dictates that a certain battler is good enough to participate in a Clan War, the Leader? Does the leader constantly battle against a said member to determine if they're good enough? How can you exactly rank a person based upon just ONE try out battle?

Pokemon is a very diverse game and sure, there are some standards out there for teams, but just because your team can beat one person, doesn't mean it's going to beat everybody.

If I was honestly going to rank some one, I'd pick their brain to determine if they know what kinds of things they'll see out in the standard meta game. Battle them a few times with different teams to see how they adjust. Only then are you able to gauge how good some one is.

The only way a person will grow is by having them go against other people than yourself. The more people you play against, the better your understanding will be of the game itself. So in my own opinion, by having them participate in a war whether some one deems them to be unworthy or not will help them in the long run. This in turn will help our OWN community grow with battle experience.

@Ninja Kirby: If a clan wishes to dodge challenges, by all means, go for it! Since your win / lose ratio is no longer affected. It just means that every time you decline a point will be deducted. So you really could have 10 wins 0 Losses, but be in dead last on the standings.

The reason I updated these rules was because people would dodge challenges when they are perfectly able to go to war. They just didn't want to lose. I mean, what's the point of having a clan if you aren't going to go up against other clans? This has lead to a lot of inactivity in the Battling Center. It's why a lot of other battling communities don't think much of PE2k. What is there, only 10 or so battlers that are actually good or considered decent by the competitive community at large?!

How are we suppose to get better? Sure, we can TELL a person they need to do this, this, and this to have a better team. Yet, do they understand the actual meaning behind those changes? These suggestions? Most likely not, it's why people would end up joining clans so they could build up some knowledge and understanding. How are they able to test themselves if they aren't actually out there going up against people first hand?! A war is a perfect place to gain that understanding of why those changes were important.

That's why I made the rules this way!

xD Such a long post. Lol
I only have simple question in that case. How exactly would you know that they are perfectly able to go to war? I'm sure you can't tell things by how many members they've recruited or based on their activities alone. This is the internet for pete sakes' even. Only Leaders accept/decline WAR challenges depending on their Clan status. And lol, I'm sure not any Leader, even in real life WAR would plunge into his own death and sacrifice his army for nothing. The point of having a Clan, is to gather people who are either equally/more stronger then you are, have some fun battles, teach each other various strategy and Have FUN in battling. If you've seen closely Teo, it's not the declination of WAR challenges that pushes this place to inactivity.

Some people have just quit. You can compare the past Clan Index to this one. What's the difference of Clan Numbers? ALOT. I'm sure you remember people like Ninja Duelist, BigBoy or even spenny3 who led the most efficient and strongest team on Pe2k Battling Center, The Spartans or something along those lines. It's the members we lack that leads to this place's downfall. We only have like what, 4-5 active Clans for starters, not like 9-10(what we used to have in the past) lol .

-Sam

Such a paragraphy post ;_;
__________________
URPG l ASB l VPP

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
  #53  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Lucario's Avatar
Lucario Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South-West England
Posts: 1,898
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
I only have simple question in that case. How exactly would you know that they are perfectly able to go to war? I'm sure you can't tell things by how many members they've recruited or based on their activities alone. This is the internet for pete sakes' even. Only Leaders accept/decline WAR challenges depending on their Clan status. And lol, I'm sure not any Leader, even in real life WAR would plunge into his own death and sacrifice his army for nothing. The point of having a Clan, is to gather people who are either equally/more stronger then you are, have some fun battles, teach each other various strategy and Have FUN in battling. If you've seen closely Teo, it's not the declination of WAR challenges that pushes this place to inactivity.

Some people have just quit. You can compare the past Clan Index to this one. What's the difference of Clan Numbers? ALOT. I'm sure you remember people like Ninja Duelist, BigBoy or even spenny3 who led the most efficient and strongest team on Pe2k Battling Center, The Spartans or something along those lines. It's the members we lack that leads to this place's downfall. We only have like what, 4-5 active Clans for starters, not like 9-10(what we used to have in the past) lol .

-Sam

Such a paragraphy post ;_;
Well I say, Amen to that!
__________________
Feel the Power of the Aura!~

  #54  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
I only have simple question in that case. How exactly would you know that they are perfectly able to go to war? I'm sure you can't tell things by how many members they've recruited or based on their activities alone. This is the internet for pete sakes' even. Only Leaders accept/decline WAR challenges depending on their Clan status. And lol, I'm sure not any Leader, even in real life WAR would plunge into his own death and sacrifice his army for nothing. The point of having a Clan, is to gather people who are either equally/more stronger then you are, have some fun battles, teach each other various strategy and Have FUN in battling. If you've seen closely Teo, it's not the declination of WAR challenges that pushes this place to inactivity.

Some people have just quit. You can compare the past Clan Index to this one. What's the difference of Clan Numbers? ALOT. I'm sure you remember people like Ninja Duelist, BigBoy or even spenny3 who led the most efficient and strongest team on Pe2k Battling Center, The Spartans or something along those lines. It's the members we lack that leads to this place's downfall. We only have like what, 4-5 active Clans for starters, not like 9-10(what we used to have in the past) lol .

-Sam

Such a paragraphy post ;_;
Oh, I'm all about having fun! :3 Yet, the lot of people here do take battling seriously, despite them saying it's for fun. Yeah, once you do hit a certain level of skill, things may seem boring and dull, but it is fun to a certain extent! Just a different kind of fun. xD

As for how I'd know that if a clan was ready to battle?! Well, I like to read over the lot of threads here and see what's going on, because it's my job to do so! xD Anyways, some clans talk about going to war and who they should challenge, when they get a challenge from a top rated clan, they'll decline. People do hate to lose and knowing you're going to lose, of course you're going to run away from that challenge. It is common sense.

As for the members and clan you mentioned. They kind of did have the best battlers PE2k had to offer. So it's really only obvious that they were going to win almost any war they got into. Not to mention any regular battles. =9

Back then, clan's didn't have a lot of rules, and were still new here. So you could have heaps of members. There were only a few that would go out to make their own clan's to try and compete against the best. If I remember right, there were really only 3 or so clans back then.

I digress though, if we're to build up good members! They still have to see some battle experience! I mean, I do play fighting games competitively and if I want to be good, I'll have to go out and seek the best players and have some games with them. It's only then can I see where I stand and how much more I have to improve.

Lol, I remembered the first time I entered a tourney. I thought I was good. xD! Got into the 3rd round and hit a wall. Got beasted on by some one who was heaps better than me.

Anyways! This isn't a real battlefield and no one is going to die playing Pokemon...Unless you're a certain person I know...BUT YEAH! xD!!! It's fun to go up against people who are better than yourself. Never know what you might learn! :3 So yeah, we have to build from the ground up if we want good members who are able to contribute to our clans!

Gotta think about the future yes?! xD
__________________
  #55  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Trainer17's Avatar
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New World
Posts: 6,354
Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Oh, I'm all about having fun! :3 Yet, the lot of people here do take battling seriously, despite them saying it's for fun. Yeah, once you do hit a certain level of skill, things may seem boring and dull, but it is fun to a certain extent! Just a different kind of fun. xD

As for how I'd know that if a clan was ready to battle?! Well, I like to read over the lot of threads here and see what's going on, because it's my job to do so! xD Anyways, some clans talk about going to war and who they should challenge, when they get a challenge from a top rated clan, they'll decline. People do hate to lose and knowing you're going to lose, of course you're going to run away from that challenge. It is common sense.

As for the members and clan you mentioned. They kind of did have the best battlers PE2k had to offer. So it's really only obvious that they were going to win almost any war they got into. Not to mention any regular battles. =9

Back then, clan's didn't have a lot of rules, and were still new here. So you could have heaps of members. There were only a few that would go out to make their own clan's to try and compete against the best. If I remember right, there were really only 3 or so clans back then.

I digress though, if we're to build up good members! They still have to see some battle experience! I mean, I do play fighting games competitively and if I want to be good, I'll have to go out and seek the best players and have some games with them. It's only then can I see where I stand and how much more I have to improve.

Lol, I remembered the first time I entered a tourney. I thought I was good. xD! Got into the 3rd round and hit a wall. Got beasted on by some one who was heaps better than me.

Anyways! This isn't a real battlefield and no one is going to die playing Pokemon...Unless you're a certain person I know...BUT YEAH! xD!!! It's fun to go up against people who are better than yourself. Never know what you might learn! :3 So yeah, we have to build from the ground up if we want good members who are able to contribute to our clans!

Gotta think about the future yes?! xD
There are already a handful of People disliking the new Rules. What's there to think of the future, when the present is already in jeopardy? :P
__________________
URPG l ASB l VPP

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
  #56  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: The Clan Index

Lol, how is it in jeopardy when all people have done was complain about them?! xD Besides, how do you all know they're horrible without actually playing by them first? It may seem like it on paper, but you never know! So the LEAST you all could do is give them a try for a month or so to see how you all like them or not. If you all still feel the same about it within that time period, I can always go back and change them accordingly! :3
__________________
  #57  
Old 06-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Trainer17's Avatar
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New World
Posts: 6,354
Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
Lol, how is it in jeopardy when all people have done was complain about them?! xD Besides, how do you all know they're horrible without actually playing by them first? It may seem like it on paper, but you never know! So the LEAST you all could do is give them a try for a month or so to see how you all like them or not. If you all still feel the same about it within that time period, I can always go back and change them accordingly! :3
I lol'd. But they, it's close enough. Too many complaints ain't good for your health :P I'm not saying them all Teo. The common problem most of us have, or at least we think is, "You decline, you get 1 point reduction or something" But yeah, before adding anymore rules, you should rather ask the Members here if they're comfortable with it, so that they can make it a better place. After all, Members are the backbone to this place(you can't disagree with this). Lol, for a month? I'd love to see that :P

-Sam
__________________
URPG l ASB l VPP

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
  #58  
Old 06-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: The Clan Index

That point deduction stays! xD! I dislike people running because they don't want to lose! I mean come on! I changed it so it doesn't count as a loss! Haha So you can TECHNICALLY be undefeated and be the best clan on Pe2k while being dead last on the standings. Lol

Still though, people declining because they don't want to lose or others to get too far ahead of them has gone on for ages. u.u I mean, Pokemon is meant to be fun and all but the lot of people here do take it seriously. So that deduction is there as a REMINDER! You can't constantly run away from a war just because you don't want to lose!

The most I'll change right now is making a clan change at least 3 battlers after every war. Other then that, there shouldn't be any problems really with the other rules.

As for asking members things! Well, I've came to these rules a good while ago from watching how things operate here. I've seen people complaining they don't get a chance to participate in Wars. People running away from challenges, Clan's not having their challenges accepted because they have the best battlers and so on.

I know the lot of people may not like them for one reason or another, but they are meant to help out the Battling Center despite the disagreements. As I've said, give them a try! They aren't THAT bad now. xD!
__________________
  #59  
Old 06-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Verystrait42's Avatar
Verystrait42 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: illinois
Posts: 1,666
Default Re: The Clan Index

The only rule I have a problem with is the new 5 rule. It is also the most obviously disliked. The only people really in support of it are You and TUST. I can't stand it to the point that if it stays, I will leave.
__________________


Reached 11 on Challenge Cup PO ladder.

Wi-fi: Zack, 2665-5033-9610
Shoddy/PO Username: Verystrait42
  #60  
Old 06-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Lucario's Avatar
Lucario Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South-West England
Posts: 1,898
Default Re: The Clan Index

As much as I hate to say it, I will probably leave too if these rules stay intact.
The original rules were fine, there was no need to change them.
I don't mind a change but I do think some of the rules are a bit crappy.
__________________
Feel the Power of the Aura!~

Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com