Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 06-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreal Shadow Tracker View Post
im personally not a fan of the 3 rule. the way it is now works. it really favors small clans. question. Teo if my clan battles a smaller clan and i dont want to battle 3vs3 and they dont want to do 5vs5 what happens
It's not a 3v3 Clan war. As the first rule states, at least 5 people from each clan must be able to participate. So the minimum a a clan war can be held at is 5v5.

What the rule means is they must have at least 3 different battlers participating in the current war as opposed to their last. So only 3 of the 5 battlers are being switched out.
__________________
  #77  
Old 06-25-2009, 02:20 AM
Judge Dredd's Avatar
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gold 3438-5902-8014
Posts: 33,107
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
It's not a 3v3 Clan war. As the first rule states, at least 5 people from each clan must be able to participate. So the minimum a a clan war can be held at is 5v5.

What the rule means is they must have at least 3 different battlers participating in the current war as opposed to their last. So only 3 of the 5 battlers are being switched out.
ohh duh...lol
thanks man, i understand now.
__________________
VPP

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

  #78  
Old 06-25-2009, 02:24 AM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: The Clan Index

teo, great job with the new rules

i think everyone needs to stop complaining about the new rules and accept them.

but, thats just me...
__________________
  #79  
Old 06-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Yamirami's Avatar
Yamirami Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonron2 View Post
teo, great job with the new rules

i think everyone needs to stop complaining about the new rules and accept them.

but, thats just me...
Well if you think about it tons of clans such as my new clan will suffer. Why change a system that worked completely fine? Everyone before was happy with the old rules so why change it to make everything annoying?
Heh heh heh...
__________________

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914
  #80  
Old 06-25-2009, 05:34 AM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamirami View Post
Well if you think about it tons of clans such as my new clan will suffer. Why change a system that worked completely fine? Everyone before was happy with the old rules so why change it to make everything annoying?
Heh heh heh...
well, people were probably complaining when the old rules got implemented. just give these new rules time, and they will feel "just right"
__________________
  #81  
Old 06-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Trainer17's Avatar
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New World
Posts: 6,354
Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonron2 View Post
well, people were probably complaining when the old rules got implemented. just give these new rules time, and they will feel "just right"
I would like you to provide us with evidence/links where it states clearly that people were probably complaining about the old rules :)
__________________
URPG l ASB l VPP

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
  #82  
Old 06-25-2009, 05:50 AM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: The Clan Index

thats why i used the word probably in my last post :)
__________________
  #83  
Old 06-25-2009, 06:20 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamirami View Post
Well if you think about it tons of clans such as my new clan will suffer. Why change a system that worked completely fine? Everyone before was happy with the old rules so why change it to make everything annoying?
Heh heh heh...
How exactly is your clan going to suffer? I'll also state this now. There were never really any rules to begin with for Clans Wars. All people went by was what they felt was decent enough. What I've gone and done was actually provide rules for Clans.

On top of that, what little system the Clan's had didn't work out fine. People honestly wouldn't accept challenges from the better clans. People would only go to war with newer clans so they could get wins that way. People would complain about not being able to participate in Wars.

Honestly, after seeing all this, it did lead to a lot of inactivity. It IS a reason why a lot of battlers left this forum, and went else where to get better challenges. It's why Members had to ask their friends on other forums to join here so they had a decent clan.

If Pokemon is suppose to be fun, then why are you all taking this so damn seriously? Honestly, I've said it before, these rules are meant to better the Battling Center. Not destroy it what so ever.

Who cares if your clan loses a war to the best clan, it's suppose to be fun right? Taking a game way to seriously. :?
__________________
  #84  
Old 06-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Lucario's Avatar
Lucario Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South-West England
Posts: 1,898
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post

Again, I've also already stated this. You honestly grow faster by facing different people and picking up different tactics. It's much different than telling a person to use this team as opposed to something else. People LEARN THROUGH EXPERIENCE! Sure, you've got those that can learn by actually reading what goes on in the Meta game, but there are very few people who could actually do that.
I'm not on about that... Yeah, they can grow through experience, but experience with their fellow clan mates.
I'm not gonna bother arguing anymore.

This sucks :I

EDIT: I agree with Yamirami. Amen to that.
__________________
Feel the Power of the Aura!~

  #85  
Old 06-25-2009, 04:41 PM
The Amazing Ninja Kirby's Avatar
The Amazing Ninja Kirby Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 766
Send a message via AIM to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via MSN to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via Skype™ to The Amazing Ninja Kirby
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo View Post
How exactly is your clan going to suffer? I'll also state this now. There were never really any rules to begin with for Clans Wars. All people went by was what they felt was decent enough. What I've gone and done was actually provide rules for Clans.

On top of that, what little system the Clan's had didn't work out fine. People honestly wouldn't accept challenges from the better clans. People would only go to war with newer clans so they could get wins that way. People would complain about not being able to participate in Wars.

Honestly, after seeing all this, it did lead to a lot of inactivity. It IS a reason why a lot of battlers left this forum, and went else where to get better challenges. It's why Members had to ask their friends on other forums to join here so they had a decent clan.

If Pokemon is suppose to be fun, then why are you all taking this so damn seriously? Honestly, I've said it before, these rules are meant to better the Battling Center. Not destroy it what so ever.

Who cares if your clan loses a war to the best clan, it's suppose to be fun right? Taking a game way to seriously. :?
You know what? I give up. I've tried to change your mind (well, everyone has) because there was no need for the new rules. There is nothing wrong with dodging wars, it won't affect other clans, only that one. And not all clans only targeted weaker clans, but with the rule of only passing one war, they will now! And yes, I aree with Yamirmi, people can only learn from experiance, but losing in a war would really put that person down. Why would they lose? Because they haven't learned enough yet. But if you're going to be stubborn and set these rules that no one agrees with, you can do that, because I've tried everything to explain what's wrong with each rule. And more importantly, did anyone complain about the older clan system? If they did that would make sense to add rules but just because YOU didn't like it doesn't mean WE clan leaders/Members should sufer. That is my final word on the topic of these rules, if you creae more I'll have to yet again say what's wrong with them. Oh by the way, what's with the random cussing?

EDIT: And instead of new rules, maybe we need a new index keeper?
__________________

<---credit to sealboyno1 for the awesome banner!

Last edited by The Amazing Ninja Kirby; 06-25-2009 at 04:48 PM.
  #86  
Old 06-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Yamirami's Avatar
Yamirami Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTheYoshi View Post
I'm not on about that... Yeah, they can grow through experience, but experience with their fellow clan mates.
I'm not gonna bother arguing anymore.

This sucks :I

EDIT: I agree with Yamirami. Amen to that.
Thank you, but since we can't get this stubborn moron to change his mind, I may aswell give up. Either way, I better get used to these dumb rules that pretty much make the weakest people be able to fight in wars, and challenge spamming every clan gets free wins. Anyways, i tried, I really did, and maybe if Teo didn't run this like a dictatorship and like a democracy everything would be better. Hell get a new index keeper for all I care. But either way, you may aswell flame me, but I'm giving up. And if you make one more stupid rule, my clan will stop following all of your dumb rules. Anyways, this is my last post on this thred, so to all: good luck chaning Teo's mind. And just rember guys, the only way to change these rules is to either change to vote for them, or get new index keeper. (One that isn't annoying) So farewell, and good luck! I gues i'll just go back to posting on my clan's thread...
__________________

Banner made by Broderick
Pearl Friend Code: 0862 5744 3088
Platinum Friend Code: 0216 6769 6427
White Friend Code: 0218 0120 9914
  #87  
Old 06-25-2009, 07:02 PM
SaviorSephiroth Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: South America, Brazil.
Posts: 2,376
Send a message via AIM to SaviorSephiroth Send a message via MSN to SaviorSephiroth
Default Re: The Clan Index

Teo said everything: Noob clans only challenge/accept challenge from noob clans.
C'mon people, Teo just want to help improve your clan skills.
__________________
Bye, PE2k!
(2007~2010)
  #88  
Old 06-25-2009, 07:10 PM
The Amazing Ninja Kirby's Avatar
The Amazing Ninja Kirby Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 766
Send a message via AIM to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via MSN to The Amazing Ninja Kirby Send a message via Skype™ to The Amazing Ninja Kirby
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorSephiroth View Post
Teo said everything: Noob clans only challenge/accept challenge from noob clans.
C'mon people, Teo just want to help improve your clan skills.
By letting noobs who don't know anything batle? You're only saying that because your clan can take advatage of the rules. And you don't get experience from LOSING in war battles.
__________________

<---credit to sealboyno1 for the awesome banner!
  #89  
Old 06-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Black Label's Avatar
Black Label Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Eastern
Posts: 3,691
Default Re: The Clan Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Kirby View Post
By letting noobs who don't know anything batle? You're only saying that because your clan can take advatage of the rules. And you don't get experience from LOSING in war battles.
Any battle your in you get experience.

You can't win every battle, and the only way to get better is to lose, learn what you did wrong, don't do it again. Thats how I got better. I kept battling, learning mistakes kept making and fixing them.
  #90  
Old 06-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Metallic Houndoom's Avatar
Metallic Houndoom Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: In a CRAAAAZY world! I'm not crazy!
Posts: 2,095
Send a message via AIM to Metallic Houndoom
Default Re: The Clan Index

Does the rule still apply if you have been challenged by more than one clan because I keep getting WAR challenges but I am already scheduled for WAR.
__________________
{URPG}

Credit to EmBreon
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com