Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:11 PM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon
Default Re: TGS/Sept|FalloutNV|FableIII|MedalOfHonor|CastlevaniaLO S|Enslaved|Vanquish|TwoWor

Bloody, gritty, sexy: hands on Dragon Age 2

ahh... March just can't get here soon enough.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar
Default Re: TGS/Sept|FalloutNV|FableIII|MedalOfHonor|CastlevaniaLO S|Enslaved|Vanquish|TwoWor

Alright guys, after talking with Mitch last night, we've decided it's that time of the year again. I don't remember if we did it last year, but I'm talking about Game of the Year.

He and I will finalize the categories list sometime tonight and tomorrow, but in the meantime if there's a category you'd like to see included this year feel free to suggest it.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:35 AM
xXrealgoon420xX Offline

medal of honor was the greatest rail shooter i ever played therefore it deserves GOTY
oh and i want to join your little club too

Name: goon
Consoles: Xbox 360, PS2, & Gamecube & Wii (emulation), PC
Three favorite games: Kingdom Hearts, Mirror's Edge, GTA: San Andreas

those three above: games for goons

Last edited by xXrealgoon420xX; 12-27-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:23 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
Alright guys, after talking with Mitch last night, we've decided it's that time of the year again. I don't remember if we did it last year, but I'm talking about Game of the Year.

He and I will finalize the categories list sometime tonight and tomorrow, but in the meantime if there's a category you'd like to see included this year feel free to suggest it.
There's a category for best downloadable title, correct? There's a lot to choose from this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXrealgoon420xX View Post
medal of honor was the greatest rail shooter i ever played therefore it deserves GOTY
lol forever
Old 12-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Orthar Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orthar Send a message via MSN to Orthar Send a message via Skype™ to Orthar

Voting starts today and will end on Friday at midnight EST. You can vote for up to three games per category. All submissions should be PM'd to ReclusiveDemon or myself. Results will be posted New Years Day.

The Game of the Year categories are:

Best Action Game:
Best Adventure Game:
Best Action/Adventure Game:
Best Graphics:
Best Artstyle:
Best Sound Design:
Best System Exclusive: (360, PS3, Wii, PC)
Best Multiplayer Game:
Most Overrated Game:
Most Underrated Game:
Best Sports Game (including racers):
Best New IP:
Kinect or Move?:
Best FPS Game:
Best RPG Game:
Best Casual Game:
Best Hardcore Game:
Best Downloadable Game:
Best Character in a Game:
Overall GOTY:
Old 12-27-2010, 11:21 PM
karmachameleon Offline

Send a message via AIM to karmachameleon

I just got a bunch of Microsoft Points for Christmas. I've already downloaded Splosion Man and will probably be downloading Uno in the near future, so if anyone wants to play some group Uno, let me know.

I also got Mirror's Edge. It's a pretty unique, modern take on the platforming genre.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Orthar Offline

So, only like two people sent in GOTY votes, that's pretty lame. Here's a GOTY video, the views expressed in this are the same as mine and will be the TGS' GOTY for 2011.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:49 AM
karmachameleon Offline

Send a message via AIM to karmachameleon

Give it time and I'm sure enough votes will come in. I started up last year's GOTY in mid-January IIRC and it turned out fine, although there's a lot less traffic on this site as of late.

Gaijin Games has officially been added to my 'Developers I Can Trust' list because of Bit.Trip Runner. Probably the only on-rails rhythm platformer in existence, Bit.Trip Runner is as great as a Curt Hennig suplex or a Scott Steiner promo. All of you Wii owners, don't miss out.

I finally beat Mega Man 3!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:31 AM
Zastard Offline

Red Dead Redemption is clearing the GOTY. That and Cataclysm.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:08 AM
The Maple Syrup Baptist Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The Maple Syrup Baptist Send a message via MSN to The Maple Syrup Baptist

Mitch's 2010 Game Of The Year crap.
Cuz I know you've all been waiting for this.

My game of the year is a tie between God Of War III and Mass Effect 2. For what both were and what both aimed for and achieved, they were spectacular. Both were unpredictable yet left me completely satisfied and without any real disappointment.

Other highlights:

- Fallout: New Vegas taking me half a lifetime to complete yet making me feel like I had more to do still.

- Call Of Duty: Black Ops daring to put storytelling at the forefront and having less-broken online than MW2.

- Alan Wake being fantastic in the, uhhh, wake of many delays.

- Kevin Butler.

- Heavy Rain carving its own genre into this generation of gaming, actually being great, holy crap yes those are in-game graphics, and holy crap yes Madison Paige is naked.

- Gabe Newell swallowing his pride like a mouthful of poisonous cake when he announced that Portal 2 would be coming to PS3 and would be the best console version of the game. I bet he thought Kevin Butler was actually gonna beat him up.

Disappointments:

- More shamefully lazy PS3 multiplatform ports, even for big name titles like Bioshock 2, Red Dead Redemption, COD: Black Ops, and Bayonetta, while PS3 exclusives like God Of War III, GTA5, and Heavy Rain make even Crysis sweat.

- Everyone unfairly judging FFXIII for not being yet another by-the-book JRPG grind because it goes outside the box and dares to challenge the conventions of JRPG's in a modern linear story-based generation. And it was actually a great game.

- Microsoft dumping cash into timed-exclusive COD map packs and Fallout: New Vegas add-on quests instead of funding more great exclusives like Alan Wake. We all know that stuff is gonna go multiplatform eventually.

- Kinect.

- The reaction to some less than spectacular car models in GT5 from idiots who enjoy completely disregarding how almost every game in the history of gaming has visual compromises. Damn hype machine.

- Sony's misleading Greatest Hits box art. No, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Devil May Cry 4 do NOT have trophy support, even though the box art says otherwise.

- I can't hate on the Halo series anymore because Halo: Reach was terrific.

Oops, more disappointments than highlights. I know I'm missing stuff but it's 4:00AM and I worked an 11 hour shift today. Still, 2010 was a great year!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

I finally got my own 360 yesterday.

I purchased the 4GB Slim since I'm a cheap bastard, but I failed to realize that it doesn't actually come with a hard drive; it's just a flash memory. Somehow, this means I can't play Reach online, which is basically the only reason why I've been on Live lately.

fml

EDIT: To make this more on-topic and less whiny, what are some games coming out you guys are looking forward to? I just reserved Dead Space 2, and I'm also excited for Dragon Age 2 and Bulletstorm. I never thought I'd be interested in a Cliffy B. game, but it looks awesome.

Last edited by Seawolf; 01-18-2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: I forgot Dragon Age, for shame.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:09 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post

EDIT: To make this more on-topic and less whiny, what are some games coming out you guys are looking forward to? I just reserved Dead Space 2, and I'm also excited for Bulletstorm. I never thought I'd be interested in a Cliffy B. game, but it looks awesome.
Bulletstorm for the glorious Gears of War 3 beta.

I would get Dead Space 2 if I were brave enough, but the first one was too freaky, to me, to even beat.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:05 AM
Poltergeist Offline

My mom pre-ordered the LBP2 collectors edition for me for Christmas. I have to wait till I have the time to grab it at home though. Also, Killzone 3 will soon be released. I beat 2 over christmas break and loved it.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:22 PM
ReclusiveDemon Offline

Send a message via AIM to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via MSN to ReclusiveDemon Send a message via Skype™ to ReclusiveDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
what are some games coming out you guys are looking forward to?
Mostly just Dragon Age II and L.A. Noire.

There's a lot of games coming out I'd probably like to buy, but I'm not concerned. Fallout 3 and Victoria 2 are keeping me busy and I've got a huge stack of 360 games I haven't gotten around to playing or beating yet. Next month I'll be getting New Vegas to blow the rest of my time until DAII comes out.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Poltergeist Offline

Final Fantasy XIII-2 was announced today. I haven't played XIII yet, so I am not quite sure whether that is a good thing or not, but I wanted to hear what some of you guys think.