Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936
Default >Eternity of Time< (PG-13) INDEFINITE HIATUS

Okay, so this is the co-written FanFic that Grassy and I have been working on. You don't have to read The Experiment or Sonic X: Dark Storm to get what's going on, because it'll all be explained later in the story. There will be several Fakemon from DeviantArt used throughout the fic, and when one makes an appearance in a chapter, the link to the artist's gallery will be posted under the next section.

Since I finally have a constant internet connection (starting around early October '09) the updates will be returned to normal - meaning that this will be updated every other Friday.

Anyway, this is a Sonic-Pokemon Crossover Fic, and given how much spare time the both of us have, it should be very interesting - which may also cause our characters to hate us for life XD

Note to Readers: This fic now has a PG-13 rating due to violence and use of language; while it's not so bad in the earlier parts of the fic, the rating really comes into effect starting with the third arc of the storyline or so. Not too many F-bombs will be dropped, but I feel it's still fit to put a warning here.

~

Author Notes and Bonus Material

List of Legendaries and Rankings

Credits

Aura, PSI and Chaos Energies

EoT 'Short' Stories

~

Fan-Fiction Name: Eternity of Time
Sites Posted On:
Pe2k

Reported Sites:
None so far - please keep it that way!

Table of Contents

Note: the chapters will be seperated into arcs to save space for the character limit. Arcs that are currently having their chapters posted will have the '> <' on both sides of the link name.
Arcs that are complete will have the '~ ~' on both sides of the link name.
If you're confused about anything in the fic, use The Sonic Wiki or Bulbapedia for reference. If that doesn't cut it, PM us directly for anything related to the story.

~ Prologue ~

~ Sinnoh Arc ~

~ Sevii Islands Arc ~

~ Tohjo and Shamouti Isles Arc ~

> Hoenn Arc <

The Final Arc

~

Artwork and Maps

Spoiler:

Present Time Map
Note that this may contain spoilers if you aren't up to date with the storyline.
Spoiler:

New image courtesy of Grassy's friend.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 09-18-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Default Re: ~ Eternity of Time ~ Prologue Up

Prologue

The ten-year-old grey hedgehog’s turquoise eyes narrowed in frustration as he stared up at the clouded, pitch-black sky of his world. They were completely black and had been so, according to legend, for almost two thousand years. No one who lived in the present knew why, and those who had lived in the past and knew were long and far-gone by now. The dark grey hedgehog that was looking up at these skies had three short spikes that sloped somewhat sharply downwards, along with the three small ones on his forehead that acted as a fringe. He was completely dark grey except for his peach-coloured muzzle; while his shoes were a very dark shade of blue – almost black, like his gloves – except for a line of a slightly lighter tone of blue that began at the top of both shoes before extending down and covering the bottom of the sole.

Glancing around, it was painfully obvious that the planet was in ruins, thrown far from its former glory of color and seasons since those years had passed. Because the sun never shone, it was always pitch-black and cloudy in the skies, but that did not stop the furnace-like heat from cooking the planet twenty-four hours a day. It never turned light out, the seasons never changed; the wind didn’t even blow to cool the planet’s surface; it was always at least fifty degrees Celsius. Everyone knew what had happened, but they could do nothing about it for lack of knowledge; the world had indeed been paralyzed, and in the worst period of recorded heat in history.

All that time ago, before the world had become like it was in the present, it had been rumored that there had even been snow. A massive epidemic of a lethal sickness had occurred before the planet’s paralysis, and that had also resulted in over three-quarters of the world’s population being killed off. The small, remaining number had gathered in a large metropolis that was ruled by a tyrant who went by the name of Robotnik. Not many people knew much about him, but he was a cruel leader who justified slavery and had recently started micro chipping those under his rule so that they would be monitored at all times. At least, he was cruel to those who opposed his rule. If you did everything he said, then he'd leave you well enough alone.

The metropolis had a massive wall of sheer stone built around it that would not crumble under even the most intense stress, and so no one could leave, and nothing could get in. But, the gigantic forest that was enclosed by the stone had done just as good a job of keeping people from leaving, for no one knew what was past it. Very few who had gone ever came back, and they raved crazily that there was absolutely nothing outside of the city and forest; that it was an utterly massive desert that must’ve spanned continents.
Iyoku – the grey hedgehog - knew from reading the remaining few very old texts at the library that snow was made when water crystals froze at a temperature under zero degrees Celsius. However, that would be impossible now. He scowled; it was always at least forty to fifty degrees Celsius above zero since the planet never changed due to time stopping. The problem was, the heat didn't bother him; their current situation did. With very little food and even less water, it was very hard to survive, let alone live. This planet…What happened to it to make it this way…?

Iyoku started slightly as a tall, slim, four-legged figure crept up beside him, but he soon recognized the Pokémon that appeared out of the darkness. It was a quadrupedal mammal-like Pokémon with a dark grey body covered in pitch black fur, with a ruff around its neck and chest, and a tuft on the top of its head adorned with a single grey oval. It had a cat-like face, a scythe-like tail and a sickle-shaped growth on the side of its head. Its broad, circular feet were equipped with three claws each, and spikes protruded from the heels of its hind legs and the elbows of its anterior legs. The Dark Type’s red eyes blinked as he looked at him. <What have you been thinking about?> His friend, the Absol known as Yaiba, asked through telepathy. However, he only had to wait half a second before figuring it out himself. <I know, the planet is in a horrible state, but I doubt there’s anything we can do about it.>

That was another mystery; as to why Pokémon had appeared in the world. The anthropomorphic animals and Pokémon had been bitter rivals at first, but that tension had eased over the few years since their arrival, causing the two races to become great allies and friends. But then the planet became immobilized, and no one knew what had caused it. After that event, there had been some of the population that thought that all the Pokémon were to blame for the incident, and groups of the original inhabitants of the planet became very hostile towards the newcomers. They were often driven out of towns and villages; forced to make a hard living in the wilderness around the settlements. It eventually got to the point when seeing a Pokémon was a very rare occurrence, except for those who took pity on the creatures and allowed them in.

Iyoku was one such person who had done so; he’d found Yaiba a few years ago, when the Absol was still relatively young and he’d been abandoned by his former owner. A similar thing happened to Iyoku’s second, third and fourth Pokémon, a Staraptor by the name of Koutei; and a Lapras whose name was Kiyo. Iyoku's Eevee, though, was the only exception to this; he'd been found – relatively untouched, luckily – as an egg. Pokémon that could fly or carry one across water were very hard to find as well, so Iyoku regretted having Koutei and Kiyo spend time in their Poke Balls more often than not.

There were not just regular Pokémon in the world though; there had been several others that appeared before and they had strange, extremely powerful abilities. Just one example was the Pokémon Mewtwo; he had apparently been a genetic experiment in their original world and had only been created to fight. He, contrary to his creators’ wishes, did not want to deliberately harm anyone, so he hid himself in a far-off cave that not a soul knew the name of. There were Pokémon with stranger powers however…Such as time travel. And that was the Pokémon Iyoku had been searching for, coming upon a duration of almost five years.

He had first heard the stories about a mystical being named Celebi from the Lapras and Staraptor, Kiyo and Koutei, about three years ago, and had therefore heard of the Grass Type’s ability of having the power to travel through time to unknown futures and distant pasts. It had been then that he decided he was going to find the Time Travel Pokémon and discover what had happened in the past to make the future so disastrous. Finding Celebi however, was much easier said than done. The Pokémon was only existing on a rumor alone and no one knew if it was true or not, because very few had tried to find Celebi to begin with; the legend was that it dwelled in a forest outside a massive city, and reason ruled that it would be the city that was the only one left on the face of the Earth. This was true, and there was indeed a forest on the outskirts of Robotnik’s Metropolis, but the forest was enormous; almost the same size as the city itself.

Iyoku had been searching it for those three years, but his seeking had turned up no results. He now knew a fairly large area of that forest like the back of his hand however, and knew exactly where the proper sources of food were and managed to keep a scarce supply of it in his backpack. Water, however, was a different matter; it could only be obtained in the underground city simply known as The Under.

Even though he was only ten years of age, the grey hedgehog had had no choice but to learn to sword fight, and therefore he also kept a sheathed sword behind his backpack, always within reach if he should need it. However, he preferred to fight using his Aura abilities, for it was much cleaner.

After a few seconds, he called the Absol back to his Poke Ball and continued down the forested path that he had been traveling on, seeing nothing but trees on either side of the path. I figure I’d better find us some food soon…We don’t know when we’ll get to eat next, after all.

The path was not an artificial one of course, but a Pokémon-made one; several Pokémon still lived in the forest – that was likely why no one else lived there – and created paths like the one that Iyoku was following in their need to get to wherever they were going. Not too many people knew anymore that the wild Pokémon themselves were just as smart as those that lived in the city, and would only attack if one set a careless foot on their territory. Although, these were only the occasional sane ones; the Shadow Pokémon were definitely nowhere near as passive. They’d kill anything they saw, even if it was just for sport.

Continuing further along the path, Iyoku noticed it was beginning to get darker, and as he looked overhead, he noted that what very faint light that somehow managed to filter through to the planet was dimming through the trees overhead. This was the only part of the woods he had not been through yet and he came to the conclusion that if Celebi was not here, then it was – sadly – a myth passed down by generations that wanted at least some hope to shine.

He shook his head and continued walking down the forested path. He kept walking, and the scenery before him continued to darken until it was almost as black as the sky. It was at times like these that Iyoku was grateful for the enhanced vision that living in perpetual twilight gave. Soon however, a dim light began to appear up ahead, becoming lighter and lighter with each moment he walked towards it.

Soon he was in a clearing with a massive tree in the very center, in which the sky was allowing the same twilight to shine through, but the area was apparently not known to anyone, or it would’ve been marked on the maps right away. It was rather strange actually, there were several hills in the woods and Iyoku had been to the highest and still not seen this clearing. “That’s strange…” he muttered, “Is something hiding it from being visible to the eye…?”

<… Yes… It is invisible to anyone with darkness in their hearts. At least while the protection is kept in place.>

This time, Iyoku visibly jumped, “Who said that?!” he demanded.

<Calm yourself,> the voice spoke again, undeniably female, <I have no wish to harm you, but I do want to know what you are doing here.> After that, a small shining light began to materialize in front of the tree, and a green fairy-like creature appeared. It had round, toe-less feet; three-fingered hands, and clear wings on its back. The mystery Pokémon had a round head that came to a graceful point and rose upward in the back. Large blue eyes, with deep black rings around them watched him, and a pair of green antennae with blue tips completed the Grass-Psychic Type’s appearance.

Iyoku’s eyes widened in realization, “…You…You’re Celebi!”

The Time Travel Pokémon dipped her head slightly, <Yes, I Am.> Then she turned, retrieving something from the tree itself, <And this…> she revealed a large, green emerald in the shape of a cut diamond, <Is why no one but you has been able to find their way here.>

The grey hedgehog tilted his head, “What is that?” he asked.

<It is…a Chaos Emerald; the last one in this existence.> She looked to be distant in her thoughts for a few moments. <The others...They were destroyed a short time after the two worlds collided.> The Pokémon then looked at him. <I know why you are here; the forest has spoken of you to me… You wish to quest to eras past to right the future, do you not?>

Iyoku hesitated a few seconds before nodding, almost unable to believe his luck. “Yeah, I do. The future can’t be like this, there has to be a way to fix it.”

Celebi studied him before replying. <Very well, I trust you.> She hovered closer to him, holding out the emerald; <I will send you to the past. When you get there, you must find other Legendary Pokémon such as myself.>

“Why do I need their help?” he asked, taking the emerald and slipping it carefully in his bag.

<In that era… There are seven Chaos Emeralds that exist. I will own the past self of the green emerald that you currently have. There are six others that you must acquire, and other Legendary Pokémon are guarding them.>

“Who?” Iyoku asked.

<Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Manaphy, Shaymin and Jirachi each possess one emerald each.> The Grass-Psychic Type paused to make sure Iyoku was memorizing what Pokémon he had to find. <Once you find all but the one I have in the past, find my past self and tell what will happen.>

The grey hedgehog only nodded in reply.

<Very well… I will now send you to the past… If you succeed, then this future will be changed for the better. Good luck!> Before he could do anything else, Iyoku was tapped lightly on the head by the Pokémon, and then he vanished.

Celebi watched where the hedgehog had been for a few moments, and then another thought entered her mind. Do succeed, Iyoku… For an even worse fate will befall us if you fail.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 09-29-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:26 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Can't believe it's finally up. Wonder how everyone else is going to react XD.

And my characters already hate me...Aside from Skye. But he's getting there XD
Old 07-16-2009, 07:47 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

So Celebi kinda hinted an explanation. The two worlds collided a long time ago. Cool. Well, I mean...it's apparently not so cool for them, but I get it. ^^'

Can't wait to see what Iyoku finds in the past. ^^

I didn't really see any typos while I read it.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Can't believe it's finally up. Wonder how everyone else is going to react XD.

And my characters already hate me...Aside from Skye. But he's getting there XD
True that XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
So Celebi kinda hinted an explanation. The two worlds collided a long time ago. Cool. Well, I mean...it's apparently not so cool for them, but I get it. ^^'

Can't wait to see what Iyoku finds in the past. ^^

I didn't really see any typos while I read it.
Thanks, and I should hope there aren't any typos - I only went over it ten times XD

Old 07-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Chapter One

Green eyes tinted with yellow gazed, intently focused, upon a stone. Carefully, the figure traced the brown rock's leaf pattern with gloved hands, as if to figure out its identity. Sighing, the hedgehog shook his head before rubbing his cranium with a palm. A sky blue pelt colored his body, tinted brighter by the white aura that flowed from it. Six thick quills struck upwards toward the sun while two on his back instead attacked outwards. His white shoes tapped the ground, ceasing as his ears twitched towards the forest behind him, before he focused back on the rock. The most peculiar thing about this hedgehog was the crescent shaped scar, a brighter white than any other part of his body, on his forehead, the 'bite' so to speak facing to his left.

Nazo sighed, not being able to believe his luck. “I have never been unable to identify a rock before...” His voice was light yet stern, and full of wisdom despite being only sixteen years of age. After all, he had died once before and had subsequently been revived by dark powers. He was an expert on rocks, which was why being unable to identify this peculiar item was so troubling to him. Strange things had been happening around the world, however. Strange creatures had begun popping up everywhere, and no explanation as to why. These creatures called themselves 'Pokémon' and had many powers rarely - if ever - seen. The mechanics of those powers were also unknown.

The hedgehog stiffened as a bush rustled nearby. Turning, his eyes widened in surprise and fear as a black dog emerged from the sheltering branches of the plant, stepping forward delicately with every paw step. Its underside was red as well as its muzzle, a helmet of bone or steel covering its head. Similar materials made the bracelets around its ankles and the two strips across its back. If Nazo had known what its name was, he would have recognized it as a Houndour. Strangely enough, this one had deep purple eyes not akin to their type.

Nazo was very powerful, but one thing he could not beat was his dreaded fear of canines. He backed up further away from the Dark-Fire Type, trying without success to hide his terror. When he had been young, before Pokémon had appeared, he had been attacked by a wolf. Thankfully, he had been able to club the canine off of himself before any permanent damage had been dealt physically - but mentally he had been too late. Now, he felt exactly like when he had been mortal and young - afraid.

“Leave me alone!” Lifting his hand, a spear of crystal the same color of his pelt along with the aura formed, and Nazo hastily slashed at the Houndour, who dodged to the side with swift ease, instead grabbing the crystal in its jaws and tearing it out of his hands, causing the normally sure-footed hedgehog to hit the ground. Tossing it aside, it steadily approached as Nazo closed his eyes, awaiting the end.

<Geez, calm down! I only came to see what was glowing outside the forest. Guess that was you.> Nazo blinked open his eyes in surprise as the soft, melodious, and obviously feminine voice emanated in his head. Flabbergasted, he stared as the Houndour sat on her haunches, cocking her head in utmost curiosity.

<Say, aren't you Nazo the hedgehog?> upon hearing his name, Nazo nodded his head very slowly. Clearly, she noticed his confusion. <Oh, you're quite infamous among everyone; it didn't take long for Pokémon to pick up on the gossip. You killed hundreds when being controlled by that dark power, right?> Once again, he nodded, although sorrow was deeply rooted in his eyes. <The Pokémon call you 'Palkia's Scourge' because you have powers that Palkia has. He isn't too happy about it either.> Nazo blinked his eyes, slowly recognizing the name.

“Palkia...Is he not the Pokémon of Space?” The Houndour nodded. “I can see why he would not be pleased.” A sudden thought struck Nazo, and not just the fact he was not as afraid of the canine as he was before.

“What did you say your name was?”

<My name? I'm Lilac the Houndour.>

“Gweh…” Iyoku muttered as he picked himself off the ground. “That definitely could’ve gone better.” The grey hedgehog shook his head to try and rid himself of the headache he’d received when he had come through Celebi’s time-traveling portal and had proceeded to unceremoniously fall flat on his face afterwards. Without a word, he took out a Poke Ball and released its occupant, an Eevee known as Shourai.

The black furred fox-like Pokémon tilted his head and gave Iyoku a quizzical expression before deciding to voice his question. <What’s with you?>

“… Celebi neglected to tell me that the portal I’d be arriving through would be about ten feet in the air.” Iyoku replied with disdain. A few seconds of absolute silence passed in which one would be able to hear the fall of a thin needle, then Shourai promptly began laughing so hard that he fell over onto his side and started rolling around. Iyoku glared at him and then began walking off.

<Oh haha...Hey, wait!> The Eevee shouted as he noticed Iyoku leaving without him. Catching up to him and keeping up at an easy trot, Shourai asked more seriously, <So do you have any idea of where the first Guardian is?>

Iyoku shook his head and sighed, “No unfortunately… but what I read in that library entailed that the trio of Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf are supposedly all found at lakes… so we should probably start looking for a body of water - in a place that would be the last someone would expect, as my intuition tells me.”

<Huh…> the Eevee muttered, <Too bad I’m not a Vaporeon; I would be able to find water very easily…>

Then, in response to an idea, Iyoku snapped his fingers. “I know what we’ll do,” he said, “We can get a ride on Koutei so a decent looking lake can be found.”

He quickly drew the Staraptor’s Poke Ball out of his bag and threw it into the air, a strong-winged Normal-Flying Type appearing from the flurry of white light that escaped from the Poke Ball with him. “Koutei,” Iyoku questioned, “can you give us a lift? We’re trying to find a specific lake where we can get the first Chaos Emerald.”

The large bird of prey only nodded and bent down slightly so Iyoku and Shourai could climb on. With a single flap of its eight-foot long wings, they were airborne and several feet above the forest. Iyoku didn’t notice at first, but now that he had time to process what was going on, he and Shourai gaped at the scenery below them, the grey hedgehog nearly falling off the Staraptor’s back before regaining his balance.

A deep blue, cloudless sky stretched for miles above them and emerald woods spread as far as the eye could see, while rivers of sapphire water flowed gracefully among the large forest. They were all speechless with awe, for this was the first real colour that they had seen all their lives; they’d all been born in a world of darkness. Iyoku shook his head in astonishment, and then his eyes wandered and froze on two figures that stood on the ground.

One was a light, sky blue hedgehog with a curious white aura about him while the other was a Houndour. They seemed to be conversing and hadn’t noticed Koutei, but Iyoku still told the Staraptor to fly closer to the tree line to avoid being seen. He wanted to get this mission finished as quickly as possible and he did not want to involve anyone else; who knew how that would screw up the timeline?

Suddenly, the Houndour's ears perked as she looked upwards towards the sky. A large bird flew overhead, dark brown and black feathers covering its body. From this angle, neither canine nor hedgehog could see the black Eevee atop its back, or the grey hedgehog. Lilac lifted her head to the Staraptor, opening her maw and letting out a questioning howl, asking the Staraptor what its business was here. Nazo watched, perplexed, before Lilac explained to him what it was.

<That is a Staraptor. They are the last stage of evolution for Starly, and are a Normal-Flying Type. They are renowned for their speed and attack strength. This one...This one seems tamed.>

Iyoku’s ears pricked as he heard the Houndour’s call as to what their business was. “Oh great…” He muttered, “Just what we needed.” He paused for a few moments. “Koutei, just tell her you’re passing through, all right?” The Normal-Flying Type silently agreed through telepathy, and then he loosed a shrill piercing cry that delivered the message to the Dark-Fire Type that they were passing through and did not wish to be disturbed.

Nazo flinched as the shriek pierced the air, but other than that gave no indication of discomfort. Lilac, on the other hand, shook her head, disagreeing. She knew something was up with that bird, and it didn't take a genius to figure it out. As if to prove her point, a hard gust whipped past, knocking the Staraptor off its course. This in turn exposed its back, and the Houndour was hard pressed to keep from gasping at what her sharp violet eyes had seen.

<He has passengers aboard!> This caught Nazo slightly off guard - he hadn't noticed it at all. The soft voice entered his head once more, pushing him to investigate. <You're the one that can fly - go and ask them what's up!> The hedgehog couldn't believe that despite he and Lilac had just met, she was already giving him orders. Which was slightly ironic considering the chain of command was supposed to be the other way around.

Needless to say, the hedgehog's shoes soon lost contact with the ground as he levitated, then flew up to the bird, easily keeping pace. He could see a black fox-like Pokémon with a bushy tail and long ears. What really caught his interest was the grey hedgehog sitting next to it.

“What, may I ask, are you doing flying on a bird?” He could tell the other hedgehog was young - a mere child. Yet there was something in those turquoise eyes, something sad, that told him he was much more mature than his age let on.

Iyoku fought an inward groan as the sky-blue hedgehog caught up to them using his ability of flight. He noticed he was studying him for a few seconds, and then came a question he dreaded to answer. “Er…” He muttered, “We’re just doing some sight-seeing. I haven’t been here before.” he said lamely, not expecting the other hedgehog to believe him in the slightest. Smooth move, genius. He chastised himself. Sensing his discomfort, Koutei picked up on his flight speed, hopefully out-flying their visitor. As he did so, a large circular lake put itself in view among the woods below. It was completely surrounded by trees and there was a small cave in the island that rose in the center of the lake. Nazo raised an eyebrow at Iyoku's lame excuse, clearly seeing through his lie. As the black bird sped up, Nazo slowed down, landing in the dense forest just outside the lake.

As if on cue, the Chaos Emerald that Celebi had given to the grey hedgehog started glowing brightly. Iyoku really didn’t want to go down yet, but it seemed they had no choice. Without a word, the Staraptor dove towards the lake to investigate.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 09-29-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Nazo’s ears twitched slightly as he heard the soft padding of feet, no doubt Lilac just appearing on the scene. Just as he returned his wayward gaze back onto the lake, a flash of light erupted from where the Staraptor flew, causing Nazo's eyes to widen in surprise. “That energy... He possesses a Chaos Emerald! But why would one so young have it?” He waited patiently before he moved - he would observe from here unless the trio investigated the cave that claimed the center of the lake. Something bugged him, however... That grey hedgehog; there was something otherworldly about him. Nazo wasn't sure what it was, but he was going to find out.

Koutei angled his wings smoothly as he came in for a landing on the small spit of land that barely emerged from the cave. Iyoku and Shourai jumped off, both of them landing neatly on the ground, and then Iyoku took a red and white sphere with a centered black line out of his bag, recalling the Normal-Flying Type in a quick flurry of red light before he put the Poke Ball back in his bag.

The grey hedgehog stared out at the lake shore, scanning the trees along the crystal clear water for a sign of the other who had been following him. Apparently he had left. I have an odd feeling that I’ve seen him somewhere before… Iyoku thought to himself, slightly troubled, before turning to the Eevee that stood by him. As he did so, he noticed a soft red glow emitting from the interior of the cave. Cautiously observing the inside of the cave, he noticed a gem identical to the one Celebi had given him, yet this one gave off a red glow in response to the other's green. Making the connection rather quickly, he went inside.

Upon seeing the grey hedgehog scurry into the lake's cavern after a red glow, it finally clicked to Nazo. He was searching for the Chaos Emeralds! With this realization, he began to hover over the lake, before Lilac whimpered and caused him to turn around. Realizing she did not know how to swim, the hedgehog held out his hands, a brighter glow erupting from them. A platform of crystals formed, and when Lilac hopped onto it, it followed him. They were quiet, as if the wind itself had snatched their very voices from their throats.

Arriving on the thin strip that jutted out from the cave, Lilac hopped down to land softly beside her hedgehog companion, and both peered cautiously into the inky darkness before following in, the glow emitted from Nazo's body the sole source of light aside from the two emeralds located inside. Thankfully, those same emeralds gave off enough light to cover his own, so they were able to stick to the shadows with relative confidence that they would not be spotted.

Iyoku’s eyes narrowed as he sensed another strange energy in the cave. He didn’t recognize it at first, but he soon realized he had felt the same energy signature when the other hedgehog had been following him through the air. Oh great, that means he really did follow us.

Without a word, he took another Poke Ball out of his bag, and threw it into the air, releasing the tall, wolf-like Absol. Yaiba was immediately about to ask what was wrong, then he tensed as he felt a strong energy current from somewhere in the cave. With a single nod at each other, Iyoku’s hand went straight to the hilt of his sword that was strapped to his backpack, Yaiba prepared a Night Slash and Shourai readied a small Shadow Ball.

On a telepathic cue, the three turned and almost instantly spotted Nazo and Lilac against the wall, having indeed followed them. However, after a few seconds, Iyoku stepped back as he finally remembered where he had seen the sky-blue hedgehog. It had been at the library during one of his self-appointed reading periods. The hedgehog was named Nazo, and he had apparently been a bad enough figure to be recorded in the history books as a mass killer.

“So…” Iyoku muttered, his voice cold as he drew his sword from its sheath, “You’re Nazo.” The grey hedgehog knew he wouldn’t stand much of a chance in battle, but that would not stop him from attempting to.

Well, so much for stealth... Nazo crossed his arms, shaking his head. “Calm down, kid... I mean you no harm. I am merely curious as to why you are seeking the Chaos Emeralds. In the wrong hands, they can cause disaster. Evidently, however, I do not need to identify myself. It seems my reputation has spread quickly.” He raised an eyebrow. “Who are you, however? I sense something odd about you. As if you are from another world. Now, why would I sense that?” Lilac was growling, stance taut as she eyed Yaiba and Shourai.

<No doubt they sensed the negative energy that radiates off your body.> Her soft voice touched his mind, and unfortunately it was true. He never could quite mask the energy his body naturally produced. He watched Iyoku with steady, calm eyes - curious but not murderous. Then again, villains were renowned for being able to hide their emotions, and Nazo was no exception. However, the true question was whether or not he truly was hiding his emotions.

Iyoku shook his head, “And just why would I tell what my business is to someone like you?” He questioned as Nazo he met the older hedgehog's yellow-green eyes. However calm they seemed to be, Iyoku still didn’t trust them and likely never would.

Yaiba kept his unnervingly calm gaze on the Houndour the entire time, knowing that the other two could strike at any moment; but oddly enough, he could not sense any hostility. However, that didn't mean it wouldn't change in the mere blink of an eye.

Shourai’s tall, furry ears suddenly pricked, and he discharged his Shadow Ball, letting it fade into the relative light of the cave. “What are you doing?!” Iyoku hissed as he did so.

The Eevee glanced at him. <But…Didn’t you say for me to dissolve it?>

Before Iyoku could give a further command to Shourai, a telepathic voice with no visible source rang out through the cave, melodious and feminine. <Please take your feud outdoors if you are to fight…Although it is not much, this cave is clearly my home and I do not feel like cleaning up after someone else at the moment.>

Iyoku started, surprised that he hadn't sensed the being earlier, before regaining his composure. “Who said that?” He demanded.

Nazo's ears pricked upon hearing the fluid voice; he could sense another presence, powerful but calm...Mysterious, even. His sharp eyes scanned the cave for a sign of life, but he could not see anything. Lilac's apprehension radiated off her body in waves - she clearly was unnerved by this, despite being part Dark Type.

“May I ask who that voice belongs to, and that you show yourself? It is quite hard to judge one's motives if they cannot be seen.” His voice rang out through the cave, light and lilting, bouncing off the nook and crannies of the cave, hopefully reaching the unknown female speaker. With any luck, she would also realize that at least Nazo had not come to fight. Of course, if his reputation really had spread as much as it seemed to, she may not trust him either...

<You are Nazo, correct? I sense much from you…Regret, sorrow and deep remorse for what you have done in the past…> She directed her telepathy to Iyoku; <And you…You are from a time that has yet to pass, and have come to prevent a devastating fate…Have you not, Iyoku?>

Iyoku looked around suspiciously, eyes scanning every inch of the cave, but seeing nothing. Then, the telepathic voice answered Nazo’s inquiry.

<I…Am Emotion; sadness, joy, fears…From me, all life forms have learned them. However, most importantly…> a light began to shine over the hovering gem. <I am the Guardian of the red Chaos Emerald, and none shall obtain it without my consent.> The figure materialized, floating above the emerald, into a pixie-like creature with long, thin, twin blue tails embedded with gems and a partially magenta face with four long, drooping appendages dropping to almost her entire body’s length. Yellow-amber eyes opened and looked upon them. <I am Mesprit.>

Lilac took a deep breath, backing away in shock upon Mesprit showing herself while Nazo spoke up. “Indeed, you must be the legendary Emotion Pokémon if you know what feelings lie hidden within my heart, for I have told but a few. It is an honor to meet you, Mesprit.” The hedgehog took a bow, before turning to look at Iyoku. “It is clear to me now that you wish to possess the emerald. I now also realize why I sensed something different about you. You...You are from the future, are you not?” He inquired, curiosity getting the best of him.

How did she…? Iyoku thought, but then he remembered he shouldn’t be surprised, Legendary Pokémon - especially Psychic Types - could tell a lot of things about someone without even knowing said person. His eyes narrowed slightly as he responded to Nazo’s query, “Yes but… It’s not one I’m proud of...” he muttered almost inaudibly as he recalled Yaiba to his Poke Ball.

Mesprit hovered in front of the grey hedgehog and spoke only to him. <I trust you with this…So guard it well, Iyoku.> With a slight nod, Iyoku took the Chaos emerald, opening the top flap of his bag and placing it inside, while he stashed Yaiba's Poke Ball in a small compartment on the outer of the bag, next to the larger opening. Mesprit then spoke again to him before fading back into nothingness; <You will find the next emerald in a place of strong wills...>

<You know, 'Palkia's Scourge', what did Mesprit mean by a devastating fate? Do you have any idea?> Nazo glanced at Lilac, who was staring up at him with confused violet eyes. Sadly, he did not have a clue as to what was going on. Death and possession may have made him wiser, but they did not give all the answers...

Iyoku looked at Nazo, however reluctantly, before speaking. “I apologize for what I said earlier… I do have a habit of jumping to conclusions rather quickly. More often than not the wrong ones.” He frowned, shook his head and then he and Shourai turned to walk back outside the cave.

In a place of strong wills… Iyoku thought to himself. What did she mean by that…?

Last edited by Michelle8936; 09-29-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Vaughn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 9)

Send a message via AIM to Vaughn Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughn
Default Re: ~ Eternity of Time ~ Chapter One Up

Quote:
As if on cue, the Chaos Emerald that Celebi had given him started glowing brightly.
To
Quote:
As if on cue, the Chaos Emerald, that Celebi had given him, started glowing brightly.
The story is really good so far, and so is the grammar. I picked up only one grammatical error, and other than that, the names of Pokemon didn't matter at all.

Me = excited for next chapter. ^^

Hit me up on AIM: neuroticnero

vpp | urpg | pol
Old 07-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8936 View Post
The ten-year-old grey hedgehog’s turquoise eyes narrowed in frustration as he stared up at the clouded, pitch-black sky of his world. The skies were completely black and had been so, according to legend, for almost two thousand years.
I would change 'The skies' at the beginning of the second sentence to 'They', since the previous sentence ended with 'sky of his world'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle8936 View Post
<Do succeed Iyoku…
There should be a comma before 'Iyoku'. :3

WOO, sorry I took so long to finally read it all and reply. :3 I like it so far. ^^ Although, I don't really know what Iyoku looks like, or any of his other Pokemon--or Celebi. x3 The descriptions are a little too brief, in my opinion.
I'm interested to see what happens! :D And glad you and Grassy finally put it up. xD How many chapters have you guys written so far? :O And how are you doing it? Like, does one write one chapter and then the other writes the next one, or...? I'm curious to know. x3

By the way--I'll comment on the next chapter soon. xD

~Xanthe.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 07-18-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:36 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Yay! I love having new stuff to read! ^^ *waving arms wildly*

That was really good. I love how you introduced Nazo, although I was surprised that Nazo didn't notice Iyoku before Lilac, and couldn't really sense much about him.
Will any other Sonic characters show up in here? I'm waiting to see their reactions, or Iyoku's reactions to them.

In that part where they were flying over the forest, I bet that was a major shock from where they came from. That's worse than going from sepia-toned Kansas, to Oz. XD

Keep it coming guys! *thumbs up*

Time to kill typos! Not so lucky this time, I was in a picky mood. >:3

Quote:
His white shoes tapped the ground before ceasing as his ears twitched towards the forest behind him, before he focused back on the rock.
The before's are too close together. Try- "...ground, ceasing as..."
On a side note, poor Nazo, so distraught over a leaf stone. *hugs*

Quote:
After all, he had died once before and then revived by dark powers.
"...once before and was revived..."

Quote:
With a single flap of its eight-foot long wings, they were airborne and miles above the forest.
That high huh? The jet I rode in from North Carolina to Pennsylvania reached cruising at 4 miles. ^^' And how would they be able to see anything but a speck from that distance?
Sorry, I'm being picky. Maybe just, "airborne and flying above the forest."

Quote:
Nazo flinched as the shriek pierced the air, but other than that gave to indication of discomfort.
no

Quote:
Iyoku fought an inward groan as the sky-blue hedgehog caught up to them using his ability of flight. He noticed he was studying him for a few seconds, and then came a question he dreaded to answer. Think up something… anything! He thought frantically.
“Er…” He muttered, “We’re just doing some sight-seeing. I haven’t been here before,” he said lamely, not expecting the other hedgehog to believe him in the slightest. Smooth move, genius, he chastised himself. Sensing his discomfort, Koutei picked up on his flight speed, hopefully out-flying their visitor.

Then, saved by nature, a large circular lake put itself in view among the woods below. It was completely surrounded by trees and there was a small cave in the island that rose in the center of the lake. As if on cue, the Chaos Emerald that Celebi had given him started glowing brightly. Iyoku really didn’t want to go down yet, but it seemed they had no choice.

Without a word, the Staraptor dove towards the lake to investigate.

Nazo raised an eyebrow at Iyoku's lame excuse, clearly seeing through his lie. As the black bird sped up, Nazo slowed down, landing in the dense forest just outside the lake. His ears twitched slightly as he heard the soft padding of feet, no doubt Lilac just appearing on the scene. Just as he returned his wayward gaze back onto the lake, a flash of light erupted from where the Staraptor flew, causing Nazo's eyes to widen in surprise.

“That energy... He possesses a Chaos Emerald! But why would one so young have it?” He waited patiently before he moved - he would observe from here unless the trio investigated the cave that claimed the center of the lake. Something bugged him, however... That grey hedgehog, there was something otherworldly about him. Nazo wasn't sure what it was, but he was going to find out.
You should try to meld the two parts more. Most of the story is fine, but here it really stands out. Reactions from one character should come after what was said or done. Mix it all together as one piece.

Quote:
Nazo's ears pricked upon hearing the mysterious voice, at first wondering if only he had heard it. Judging by the other's reactions, along with Lilac's sudden confused jerk, he realized that it hadn't just been him. He could sense another presence, powerful but calm...Mysterious, even.
The bold part should just be cut. We already know that at least Iyoku heard the voice too.

Quote:
Lilac took a deep breath, backing away in shock upon Mesprit showing herself while Nazo spoke up. “Indeed, you must be the legendary Emotion Pokemon if you know what emotions lie hidden within my heart, for I have told but a few. It is an honor to meet you, Mesprit.” The hedgehog took a bow, before turning to look at Iyoku. “It is clear to me now that you wish to possess the emerald. I now also realize why I sensed something different about you. You...You are from the future, are you not?” He inquired, curiosity getting the best of him.

<You know, “Palkia's Scourge”, what did Mesprit mean by a devastating fate? Do you have any idea?> Nazo glanced at Lilac, who was staring up at him with confused violet eyes. Sadly, he did not have a clue as to what was going on. Death and possession may have made him wiser, but they did not give all the answers...

How did she…? Iyoku thought, but then he remembered he shouldn’t be surprised, Legendary Pokemon could tell a lot of things about someone without even knowing the said person. Nazo then asked if he was from the future. His eyes clouded over for a moment, “Yes but… it’s not one I’m proud of...” he muttered almost inaudibly as he recalled Yaiba to his Poke Ball.
Like I said before, make it meld! ^^ You should put Iyoku's answer right after the question.

Quote:
Iyoku then looked at him and comfortingly scratched behind his ears. Mesprit then hovered in front of the grey hedgehog and spoke only to him.
Same as earlier with before. The then's are really close together. You really don't need either of them there.

Quote:
Iyoku looked at Nazo, however reluctantly saying, “I apologize for what I said earlier… I do have a habit of jumping to conclusions rather quickly. More often than not the wrong ones.”
How comes Nazo didn't respond to the apology? =3

Like I said, I was being picky today. Please don't think I'm harsh.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. House View Post

To

The story is really good so far, and so is the grammar. I picked up only one grammatical error, and other than that, the names of Pokemon didn't matter at all.

Me = excited for next chapter. ^^
Thanks, the next one will be up on Friday ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

WOO, sorry I took so long to finally read it all and reply. :3 I like it so far. ^^ Although, I don't really know what Iyoku looks like, or any of his other Pokemon--or Celebi. x3 The descriptions are a little too brief, in my opinion.
I'm interested to see what happens! :D And glad you and Grassy finally put it up. xD How many chapters have you guys written so far? :O And how are you doing it? Like, does one write one chapter and then the other writes the next one, or...? I'm curious to know. x3

By the way--I'll comment on the next chapter soon. xD

~Xanthe.
Don't worry, descriptions get better in the story XD (the pics are on my DA file, though ^^')
And we each write what our characters do in the given scenario - kinda like a roleplay - that's why it'll look a little 'nonmelded' until it's evident we had more experience XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Yay! I love having new stuff to read! ^^ *waving arms wildly*

That was really good. I love how you introduced Nazo, although I was surprised that Nazo didn't notice Iyoku before Lilac, and couldn't really sense much about him.
Will any other Sonic characters show up in here? I'm waiting to see their reactions, or Iyoku's reactions to them.

In that part where they were flying over the forest, I bet that was a major shock from where they came from. That's worse than going from sepia-toned Kansas, to Oz. XD

Keep it coming guys! *thumbs up*

Time to kill typos! Not so lucky this time, I was in a picky mood. >:3

Like I said, I was being picky today. Please don't think I'm harsh.
Don't worry about it XD
Yeah, like I said before, the melding will get better further in 'cause we'll have more experience - yep, that's my excuse XP

And Nazo will accept the apology, just in the next chapter, it would've been nearly seven pages long otherwise XD

Last edited by Jack of Clovers; 07-19-2009 at 01:23 AM. Reason: editing out quoted spam
Old 07-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Chapter Two

Nazo called out to Iyoku, following at a steady pace. “Hold up, Iyoku.” He was glad Mesprit had said his name. “The future... Something has happened to it? What could be so bad to warrant one so young to venture back in time?” He stopped, cocking his head before adding on. “Also, I want you to know that I do not hold grudges against those that misjudge. I do not blame you, for I did cause many deaths. So, do not worry about it.”

“Thanks, but…The future…It's a large cause for worry.” Iyoku said, hesitating, “…This world’s future, my present…Is in complete ruins.” He stopped walking; having paused for a few seconds while his eyes bore holes into the cave’s rocky floor. “The planet is always forty degrees Celsius or higher; over three-quarters of the population has been killed off by epidemics; there is only one city left on the face of the Earth; and…” He slowly came to the end of his list, “…No wind blows, neither morning nor night ever comes, seasons never change…”
He stopped talking and started walking again but faster, almost leaving Shourai behind. The Eevee hurried after him as he quickly walked outside the cave, calling Koutei out of his Poke Ball once more. I have to stop that from happening at all costs.

Nazo blinked in surprise, a deep pit forming in his stomach. He followed carefully, trying to pick his words with caution. Lilac had already scrambled on ahead, catching up with ease to Iyoku while Nazo took his time. The hedgehog was lost in thought, his eyes barely registering any movement before he spoke up, his voice soft but determined.

“Well... That is certainly not a future I want. Nor will anyone, for that matter.” He stopped, taking a deep breath. “I think you may need assistance, therefore I offer you my help.” The hedgehog held out his hand, as if to seal the deal. Lilac smiled to herself, knowing she had picked the right partner. Of course, he didn't have a Poke Ball, or a clue for that matter, to officially own her. With any luck he would figure it out...And perhaps this futuristic hedgehog would be the one to teach him.

Iyoku could sense Nazo’s uneasiness, but at the same time was surprised when he offered his assistance. He paused for a minute, turning towards the sky-blue hedgehog, wondering if he could trust him. He didn't trust others easily, and given his time period, no one could blame him.

The Eevee glanced at him. <It’s alright,> he said, <I think we can trust him. It seems like he has the determination to stop the future just as much as we want to.> Iyoku waited on the telepathic replies of his other three Pokémon, and they each agreed on Shourai’s statement.

“Well… Alright,” Iyoku said, holding out his own hand in a handshake; while he didn't know if he could trust Nazo, he had a feeling he would find out soon enough. With that, the grey hedgehog looked up to the skies, and noted that the large, glowing sphere called a sun had set - of course, he only knew what it was called due to the reading he had done; otherwise, it was foreign to him. We’ll need to camp soon and rest, he thought, we have a long ways to go. A barely visible grin appeared on his face as he saw the sky was dotted with stars.

Nazo smiled - something he hadn't done in years. “Perhaps when we camp I will tell you my tale...And all the details that a book oftentimes forgets.” Lilac barked in approval, before a wide yawn escaped her maw, revealing her sharp teeth. This in turn made Nazo shudder as the memory of the wolf came flooding back before he hastily shoved it to the back of his mind. No, she's not like that. Nazo then noticed that Iyoku's eyes had trailed to the stars which shimmered, ever so mystically, above in the dark sky. “Beautiful, are they not? I cannot imagine a world without stars.” Holding out his palm, it glowed, a small rock forming and then hovering above his hand. On closer inspection, it was a meteor, sky blue with the same white aura that was unique to Nazo. “Space is a mysterious area ruled by very few laws. What may seem close is actually years upon years away, yet even in that vast vacuum, the light still reaches us. Remember that, and you should never lose your way.” He went silent, only gazing at the elegant meteor giving off a soft light.

Iyoku only nodded at what Nazo said, still watching the starry night sky; he’d never seen anything like it in his life. He remembered the dark, cloudy sky he had been angrily glaring up at only twelve hours ago, and he finally began to grasp the weight of the mission he’d taken upon himself. His will wavered for a moment, but then he crossed his arms as he continued to watch the pinpricks of light shine brightly in the night sky. If I don't stop that future from happening, this scene will be lost...I won't let that happen. That thought only strengthened his resolve to prevent the future, despite the consequences that would come with it.

Looking back down, he saw the meteor that Nazo had created, floating above his hand. The glow was somewhat comforting given that light was almost non-existent when he was from, and Iyoku knew he would’ve likely ended up watching it the rest of the night, save for the fact that he knew they had to find a place to camp. He swiftly jumped aboard Koutei – with Shourai following - and kept a gentle yet firm hold on the bird’s back as he charted a course for the nearest suitable campground.

Lifting off the ground once more, Nazo followed the bird's path, creating another crystal platform for the Houndour to hop on. The meteor he had created had vanished into darkness, for the hedgehog had no need of it. The calm night wind gently ruffled his fur, tickling his ears and comforting his soul with its soft melody. It disturbed him to no end that this planet's future was doomed to a dark, desolate world without light, a world without the muffled falling of snow or the warm embrace of the sun. However, the question remained; how did that future come into being? What could have caused the planet to become frozen, to never have a night or day? If they could not answer these questions, they could not solve the riddle and prevent such a future from coming into fruition.

<You're concerned, Nazo.> His gaze drifted back to Lilac, who was staring at him with solemn eyes. <You have that right. Something would be wrong if you weren't concerned.> That was true, but it did little to untie the knot that had already formed within his stomach. Yet, Lilac continued. <Don't worry, Iyoku will succeed. After all, he has his Pokémon with him. Of course, he also has you and me. I don't think he even realizes just how powerful an ally he has!> A small smile graced Nazo's face once more - it was true. Iyoku's odds hadn't been that great before, but with their help, he just might succeed after all.

The grey hedgehog’s turquoise eyes scanned the ground below them as he kept an eye out for a decent camping spot. Shourai grinned slightly, <At least we won’t get shot on sight for finding a spot to stay.> He said sheepishly.

Iyoku's eyes glanced downwards as he saw a small clearing situated by a trickling, sapphire river. “Alright,” he said to Koutei, “We’ll stop here tonight.” The bird nodded in reply, and slowly began to brake; flapping his wings to control how much altitude he lost. Soon enough, they landed on the ground, and Iyoku and Shourai jumped off Koutei’s back. Iyoku listened for a few wary seconds before he figured that the place was safe to camp in, so he left his bag leaning against a tall, thick tree trunk and ran into the surrounding woods to collect firewood.

Gently descending, Nazo landed just as quietly as if nothing had even made contact with the soft ground. Lilac leapt off the disappearing crystal platform, appearing beside him with a smile. Picking out a good spot in the clearing, she began to clear the ground of grass for the fire, while Nazo was busy collecting rocks to outline it. Of course, he constantly had to remind himself not to examine the stones, a habit he had developed due to his fascination with the earth.

His eyes darted briefly to Iyoku's bag, wondering what he could be carrying in it. By merely glancing at it, he noted its features; the bag was vaguely oval-shaped, with a flap that bore a design of some sort being the opening to the largest part of the storage. There were also two smaller flaps on both sides, further away from the opening of the first one, and beneath those two were three pockets that took up the remainder of the bag. Chastising himself for slacking in his self-appointed chore, he carried a bunch of stones back where Lilac had successfully cleared the ground of living plants. As both began to place the rocks in a circle, the Houndour's violet eyes strayed to look at her partner.

<I saw you looking at his bag. He carries his Pokémon's Poke Balls in there. That is what carries a Pokémon safely and conveniently. You'll need one to keep me around.> The slightest of nods told her that Nazo had heard. <You have to talk to him about it. He knows more about Pokémon than anyone. You know the land, he knows the creatures.> Nazo sighed. As much as it hurt his pride, he would have to ask Iyoku for his guidance.

As he snapped another dead branch off a tree about ten kilometers outside the camp, Iyoku heard something behind him. He turned, cautiously scanning the woods, waiting to see what it was. Nothing appeared in the underbrush of the forest, but he still did not trust it. He carefully placed the branch in the small pile he had gathered so far without taking his eyes off the foliage in front of him and as he did so, a large, bipedal creature emerged out of the dark forest. He wouldn’t ever forget the name of the Pokémon, because it was an encounter such as this that had given him the two long, red scars that ran clear across his left eye.

It was mostly white in color, but possessed deep red markings on its face, chest and paws. Iyoku’s turquoise eyes narrowed as he recognized it as a Zangoose. Slowly reaching his hand up to the hilt of his sword, he was careful not to make any sudden movements, for that could intimidate the carnivore into attacking. Iyoku was already at a sore disadvantage of height with himself not even three feet tall and the Zangoose an abnormally tall height of five feet; he did not wish to be more outmatched.

The Pokémon eyed him, waiting for something. Soon enough, a second walked out of the forest, equal to the same height as the first, but it had the blue stripes instead and crimson red claws in place of the former’s black ones. The only thought that crossed Iyoku’s mind was that it was a very good thing he took his sword with him wherever he went.

Suddenly, Lilac's black ears perked. Her head swiveled round to face the forest with narrowed eyes, unease sweeping her figure as the fur on her back bristled to the same sharpness as a fir tree. This effectively caused her hedgehog companion to back away from her, but nonetheless ask what was wrong.

<I sense other Pokémon. This could be good or bad, depending on what species and number. I'm worried for Iyoku - he doesn't have any of his Pokémon with him, and a sword is not match for strength!> Nazo nodded, a larger meteorite forming in his hands which he sent high into the air, its glow bathing the area and its inhabitants. At the same time, Lilac lifted her muzzle to the sky, letting an eerie howl burst forth from her maw and climb higher into the air. The message was clear; if you want a fight, we are here. They could only hope that whatever was out there stalking - or confronting - Iyoku would respond. If they did, Nazo would get a brutal lesson in Pokémon Battling 101.

Iyoku’s eyes flicked to the sight of the meteor then back to the two Zangoose almost instantly; they had been caught off-guard by the light and the Houndour’s howl, and were now glaring at him as if he were the cause. “Well that’s just great.” He muttered. One of them took a step towards him before charging with its claws raised, the other following suit close behind. However, a red glow covered the pupils of his eyes as they lunged to attack.

It was as if he could see them a split second before they struck; and as a blur of motion ensued, Iyoku transferred some of his Aura to his shoes to give himself a wicked burst of speed to dodge to the side as the first Zangoose made a move to slash at him while the second received the sharp cut that his sword delivered. After that, he instantly leapt almost six feet in the air, transferring more Aura to just the shoe on his right foot this time, came down amazingly fast and drop kicked the other Zangoose hard on the head before spinning and dealing another hard kick to the chest of the one that had been cut with his sword.

This sent both of them sprawling backwards, and after a few indignant seconds of laying on all fours, they both took off into the woods, no longer interested in this hunt. Getting their skulls and ribs badly crushed in for such a small meal obviously wasn’t worth it. Iyoku waited until he could no longer sense them, then he proceeded to gather up the pile of firewood he had collected and made his way back to the camp.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 09-29-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Default Re: ~ Eternity of Time ~ Chapter Two Up

The sound of battle carried on the wind, but just as suddenly as it came, it disappeared. “Looks like it is over...” Nazo muttered, Lilac nodding before lying down. The hedgehog turned, focusing up at the sky. For a split second, he thought he saw the outline of a Pokémon - a long tail and two crescent shaped wings being the only identifiable parts. However, when he blinked, it was gone. Strange...He thought. I could have sworn I saw something up there.

Shrugging, he turned towards the river, removing his gloves from his hands as he knelt down, careful to avoid the muddy banks. Cupping his hands together, he scooped up the cold liquid, lifting it to his lips and taking a drawn out sip. The water was refreshingly cool and crystal clear, and Nazo had no worries about drinking from it.

As he walked back into camp, Iyoku dropped all but one branch of his load of firewood on the ground next to his bag before snapping it into several pieces and putting them in the centre of the ring of stones that Nazo and Lilac had made earlier. He continued to do this until there was a nice, neat pile in the firepit, and then he returned to his bag and took out two stones that were recognizable as flint rocks. Kneeling over the to-be-campfire, he struck the rocks together at a downward angle; as he did so, sparks flew off the stones and landed on the dried wood, starting to make it catch fire. He kept doing this several more times until he was confident the fire would not go out due to a sudden gust of wind and as he backed away and returned the stones to his bag, the fire was soon roaring and giving off a soothing heat. He soon took another large, flat, barred grate out of his bag and stood it over the fire.

Reaching into his bag again, Iyoku drew out the three Poke Balls that held his other Pokémon; Yaiba, Koutei and Kiyo. As two of them appeared in a flurry of red light, Yaiba immediately sat down next to the fire, the heat reminding him of the time they came from while Koutei roosted comfortably in a tree. Iyoku, however, walked to the large river they were camping beside before releasing the occupant of the third Poke Ball.

It had four flippers, the front being noticeably longer than the back even though they were clearly underwater. It had a long neck, and large black eyes as well as unusual curled ears and a short horn in the middle of its forehead, and its body was mostly blue, while its underside was a light cream color. The Lapras’ most distinguishing feature however, was the heavy shell on its back, which was dotted with several blunt knobs. Kiyo gave a happy cry as she was released into the water; it had been far too long since she had been in any at all.

The hedgehog blinked, staring at the marvelous creature that had appeared in the river before him. Shaking himself awake, he slipped his gloves back on before approaching the fire that now blazed ever so comfortingly. Lilac had inched over closer to the fire, enjoying the warmth like all Fire Types would. Nazo finally sat down, his legs silently thanking him for the well-earned rest after weeks of continual travel.

Now that all his Pokémon were out, Iyoku put their Poke Balls back in his bag, while taking out another pair of objects. One was a medium-sized pot while the other was a bag of various foodstuffs that he had managed to find. He walked to the river, filling the pot halfway with water, and then set it over the grate he had put over the fire earlier, and then he finally sat down as he waited for the water to boil.

As Nazo looked at Iyoku, he couldn't help but feel they were very similar. They both were desperate to change the past, to make a difference. They both could not bring themselves to trust others easily for fear of being burnt like they had before. Finally, he spoke up. “You know, Iyoku...This is the most companionship I have had in years. However...Lilac informed me that if I wanted to keep her around, I require a Poke Ball. Unfortunately, since I only came on the scene a few weeks ago and cannot go into any inhabited areas due to my reputation, I have been unable to learn about Pokémon. You have a lot of experience. Perhaps... Perhaps you could help me learn.” It hurt his pride slightly to ask for help, especially from one younger than him, but it could not be helped. “I do not wish to burden you, however. I mean, this is an important mission for you, and teaching someone is probably the least of your worries.” Nazo trailed off, staring into the fire, whose embers cracked and popped, creating a delicious smell whenever they snapped into the air.

The grey hedgehog was silent, contemplating, as he opened the bag and dumped the food in before taking a ladle out of his bag and placing it in the bowl. By ‘food’, what had been poured into the soup was a large crushed mixture of Pecha, Leppa, Oran and Sitrus berries that he had found in the woods while searching for Celebi’s haven. It seemed like a lifetime ago now that he had met the Pokémon. He watched Nazo as the light blue hedgehog stared into the fire, then said, “It’s probably a good idea; I’ll know more about Pokémon than almost anyone else but the Pokémon themselves as of now anyways.” He took another object out of his bag, but it was no ordinary Poke Ball. It was deep velvet blue with a white lining around the outside in a slight zigzag pattern. “...Still, Lilac is right; you’ll need one of these,” he tossed the unused Luxury Ball at Nazo, “before you can actually own her.” He watched his own Pokémon for a few minutes before continuing, “Don’t keep her in there all the time, though. The main function of a Poke Ball is to prevent thievery; because once the Poke Ball recognizes her genetic structure, she won’t be able to go into any other until that one is broken or otherwise, regardless of whatever Poke Ball anyone else attempts to use.” He reached into his bag again, this time taking out a pocketknife and a curious looking, round object in the shape of another Poke Ball, but it wasn’t the usual one. It had a dark white body, and the cap resembled the top of an acorn. Opening it as he sat down again, and after absentmindedly stirring the pot, he began an apparently continued job of hollowing out the inside.

Nazo caught the Luxury Ball with one hand, gazing down at the intricate designs. “I would not want to keep her in there forever anyways - I would not want to be stuck in it, so why should I stick her in there? Still, I cannot comprehend how such a small device can store creatures...” His mind darted back to the creature he had seen a few minutes ago. He couldn't say what it was, but it was definitely larger than Lilac. He wondered if there were even bigger creatures than that one... “Iyoku...Do you know how far back you have travelled in time? We may be able to figure out when the disaster occurred - or began to occur - that caused your future, and we will then know how much time we have.”

“Pokémon are converted into energy upon entering the Poke Balls, and the inside of the ball vibrates the energy so as to keep it from solidifying until the owner wishes to call out the Pokémon.” Pausing in hollowing out the apricorn, Iyoku thought for a few seconds about Nazo’s second inquiry, then said, “I think I went back about two-thousand years considering you're still around… And judging by the research I’d done before leaving… Whatever disaster happened to the planet must’ve happened sometime during this time.”

Stirring the soup a couple of times once again, Iyoku then continued hollowing out the white apricorn. It was a lucky stroke that he had picked up the ability to make Poke Balls in this manner, as apparently they still lacked the proper technology in this era and it had been almost completely lost in his. Hollowing out apricorns had become a hobby of Iyoku’s, and the Poke Balls he created were some of the best to be used in holding Pokémon for long periods of time. Or at least, that’s what Koutei and Kiyo had told him, due to the fact that they had been required to stay inside the Poke Balls at all times. It was a sad fact that the future was dark and dreary, but the sadder fact was that almost all Bug, Steel, Psychic, Dragon, Water, Ice, Grass, Flying and Fire Type Pokémon were extinct. Those that evolved during the day or night with friendship were also non-existent due to there being no time of day. New kinds of Pokémon had arisen in response to the darkness that had covered the planet, but he wasn’t even sure if he could call them Pokémon.

He was one of the few who could see another living thing’s aura, and the aura around those Pokémon was not only pitch-black, but it had a sinister presence as well. They were known for rampantly attacking people and even other Pokémon, and seemed to be heartless, having no emotion about doing so. That had earned them the commonly used term ‘Shadow Pokémon’. It was only sheer dumb luck that those Pokémon did not attack in packs, or else the rest of the fragile population on the planet would’ve been wiped out. He paused in crafting the new Poke Ball again, and stirred the soup. “Alright, I think that’s about ready…” He muttered. Setting the knife and the apricorn on the grass, he got up, and retrieved some bowls out of his bag. These were handcrafted too, from the wood in the forest around the futuristic city. Spooning out the contents of the pot, he set some down in front of each of the Pokémon, then handed one to Nazo before sitting down again and tasting it. “Tastes a lot better if you have enough ingredients to cook it to begin with,” he muttered dryly with a shake of his head. The most they had ever been able to eat at all in the future was maybe two large, well sized berries a day, occasionally made into a soup. Water was almost impossible to find, and anything colder than that was non-existent.

Nazo gratefully took the food, pausing for a second. “Interesting...Very interesting.” Taking a careful sip so as not to burn his lips, he grinned, shaking his head. “This is much better than anything I could cook up. I may be a good fighter, but my cooking skills leave much to be desired.” He watched as Lilac began eating the food, taking it down with large gulps as if she hadn't eaten in a while. The hedgehog then looked at Iyoku once more, shaking his head and looking downwards. What if? “...I hope it is not my return that causes your future, Iyoku. I am miserable enough already carrying the burdens that my soulless body carried out. I would not be able to handle the fact that I had caused the world to fall into ruin.” His return and the planet's journey towards destruction coincided - but could they be just a coincidence, instead of related? For his and Iyoku's sake, he dearly hoped so.

Iyoku frowned at what Nazo had said, thinking. After about a minute, he finally said, “I doubt it… If anything, the two dragons are likely to have something to do with that…” Too bad no one knows where they are. There were only legends in the books too, he realized silently. After a few seconds, he sighed inwardly, being unable to think of anything about Dialga or Palkia other than the widely known facts. Quickly finishing the soup, he took the bowl to the small spring and cleaned it out then dried it with a cloth he had taken out of his bag earlier. I need some time to think, he thought as he walked into the woods.

Nazo blinked, feeling as if a giant weight had been lifted from his chest, which had been threatening to crush him. As Iyoku wandered into the woods, Lilac had finished her meal, trotting over to the stream to clean it. Nazo followed suit after hastily finishing off his food, helping the Fire Type wash the bowls. He felt the Houndour's muzzle nudging his arm, and he looked down in surprise.

<Well? Aren't you going to catch me?> He raised an eyebrow. <With the Luxury Ball, silly! What did you think? We were going to play Tag?> Nazo's face flushed red at his stupidity before he took out the Luxury Ball. <Press the button in the middle to expand it, then either tap it or hit me with it. Normally you must weaken a Pokémon before catching it, but I'm choosing to go with you.> Nazo did as instructed, pressing the button on the unusual ball and starting when it expanded to twice its size, barely fitting in his hand. Lilac nodded at him, and hesitating, the hedgehog tapped it to her with as little force as possible, watching in utter amazement as she was sucked into the ball in a beam of red light. The center button glowed the same color briefly, before settling down.

She was his.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 09-29-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< NOTICE

Since it's been a week since I posted the second chapter and no one has replied, this story will be put on hiatus until it is commented upon as such.
Normally, I'm not a stickler for comments, but going for a week without a single one at all is rather annoying. After all, what's the point of posting when no one responds?
Again, I'll post when at least two people give their opinions on the fic >.>

Old 07-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Giratina Offline

Hmm. Wel, I finally got around to actually reading this. I'll say, it sounds pretty interesting. :3 And now, my thoughts.

PROLOGUE: The first thing I noticed: it was long. Really long. Almost too long to count as a prologue. Prologues, to most people, are simply things that come before the main story with no super-relevant plot details. In other words, optional reading. Having Iyoku learn what he had to do in the prologue would not be helpful to those who don't read prologues (there are some people out there), and in all honesty that could have passed very well for the first chapter. There was also what some people call a lot of info-dumping; for example, you could have cut out a good chunk of the lengthy explanation of what on Earth happened by taking the whole Planet Paralysis/Robotnik the Tyrant thing to the prologue, and leaving all of the more important stuff - such as Celebi and the other Emerald Holders - for chapter one.

CHAPTER ONE: Not much to say about this chapter, except that the action seems to be going a little too fast.

Also, a note on all the chapters so far: I understand Mesprit granting the Emerald to Iyoku without much hesitation, seeing as I assume she can read his emotions and whatnot (or maybe that's just Metal Coat fanon speaking), but I certainly hope the other Emeralds won't be as easy to obtain. Think about it - from what I know, Chaos Emeralds are items of unimaginable power, granted some time long ago to the stronger Pokémon in existence: namely, some Legendaries. And all of them will just to fork it over to some itty-bitty hedgehog with a shiny Eevee they find in their cave? Either Legendaries have some bad logic, or this is getting to be just a little bit too easy.

Quote:
“It’s probably a good idea; I’ll know more about Pokemon than almost anyone else but the Pokemon themselves as of now anyways.”
...and yet he's ten years old. Would a ten-year-old even care about Pokémon, even if it did grow up in the post-apocalyptic future?

CHAPTER TWO: Not much to say. Still curious about the strangely-colored Luxury Ball, thou-

WHAAAAAAAAT?
On hiatus until two people respond? That's no way to write a fanfic!
[launches into angry ramble about how other people's lack of comments should not be a driving force in whether one should write a fic or not and how three weeks with no comments happens to her all the time, but she still wrote Metal Coat anyway]

Okay. In all seriousness, that's not a good idea. Other people shouldn't make you decide whether to continue writing or not. Did you know on the PokéCommunity Forums appearance of Metal Coat it didn't get even one comment until chapter sixteen? People write fanfiction because they want to add their creative two cents to the established fandom they love so much - in this case Pokémon and Sonic the Hedgehog. Lots of people don't even publish theirs anywhere - in fact, a good RL friend of mine has wrote an enormous crossover and never put it out to anybody. My point is, comments on a story don't matter if you want to write a story.

...Somebody else post here so we can get more chapters! D:<

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)