Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:30 AM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936
Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Twenty-Five Up!

Yeah, four posts XD

I still don't see what the big deal was...

The next chapter will be...Interesting, to say the least XD

Last edited by Michelle8936; 01-16-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:33 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Yep.

Did you notice any reference in the last two posts, Kris? It's a reference I think you'll like XD (No, it's not Nazo saying "Call me Skye". That is-was-his real name, after all XD).

I was so hyper 0o'

You freak out over ice cream? Wow.

I got a reference XD
Old 01-16-2010, 05:17 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

It's alright Iyoku. It's not your fault if you really don't have a taste for it. I actually know people who don't like chocolate of all things! oO

Aren't all the chapters interesting? You collided two worlds. ^^'

Um....I must be missing something. Sorry, Grassy. ^^'

You're almost as bad as me when I get a hold of too many Pecha berries. *giggles*
Old 01-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

I've never had chocolate, either. Heard of it, but never had it ^^'

Heheh, when Iyoku was contemplating about the stuff that'd happened, he said it sure caused a shift in events XD

~

Chapter Twenty-Six

Soon enough, a shape made itself visible through the foliage; it was a white cat around sixteen years of age with light grey streaks that began past her yellow eyes. She wore a blue dress with two black lines down the sides that went to her ankles, and her feet bore black sandals while her hands were covered by gloves of the same colour. She gave a slightly surprised expression upon seeing them, but she spoke. “Hello, my name is Shira. We don’t get too many visitors around here; do you mind if I ask what you’re doing?”

Iyoku spoke up, replying to the feline’s question, “We’re just on our way up north. We’re going to visit my parents.” He said, spinning the lie without any issues. Gesturing to the cloaked form behind him, he finished; “I wouldn’t advise talking to him if I were you. He’s more of a loner, and a bit antisocial – I think he got dropped on his head when he was a kid.” Shourai coughed, snickering before the cat gave them an amused expression.

“Well, just be careful. I might not know you, but it seems to be the right thing to warn you about this: there’ve been sightings of Nazo around these parts here, mostly around northern Sinnoh. Hopefully he froze in that blizzard they had down there. We’ve had enough of his influence.” With a shake of her head, she returned to her walk along the beach, soon disappearing from sight.

While Iyoku may not have known it, Nazo bristled from his comment, but it was soon quelled by Shira’s statement about him. It stabbed at his heart, further planting the seed of resentment towards others while simultaneously burning a hole into his soul. Such a grievous wound it had become, forever burdening his body with its weight! The darkness inside him spoke sweet words of revenge, but he knew it was a lie. The only thing it ever brought him was agony, and made his life wretched, his mind forever longing for rest. But I can’t dwell on the past. This scar, it has become the symbol of my shame. I can’t get rid of it, but I can at least repent for what I did!

Iyoku glanced backwards at the other hedgehog. He knew that comment must’ve stung, but there was no way to change how other people felt about him. Even if they somehow managed to convince the population that Nazo wasn’t a threat anymore, there was always going to be a small percentage that still hated him. With an inward sigh, he continued his task from before, taking the bowls and the ladle out to spoon the stew into. He set them down before the Pokemon and handed one to Nazo before sitting once again, and keeping a careful eye on the forest.

Nazo slipped his hood off, taking the bowl but was silent. He ignored Lilac’s growls of delight, or Sevi’s hisses of pleasure, only staring idly at the stew. It was as if his appetite had disappeared in its entirety from that harsh blow, and he couldn’t care less about his stomach’s growing complaints.

Iyoku raised an eyebrow at the other hedgehog. “Y’know, I thought that statement about you getting dropped on your head would earn me a whack upside mine for sure,” he said, trying to lighten the mood a little. He didn’t think it would work, in all honesty though, and he couldn’t blame Nazo for acting like he was now.

The sky blue hedgehog sighed. “I would have been better off if I had never been born, Iyoku.” He said softly. “When this is all over…I will, most likely, hand myself over to the people for them to punish me as they see fit.” Closing his eyes, there was the slightest amount of bitterness mixed with his grief. “Death…That was the punishment I choose for myself. I wound up in Purgatory for it, forever bound to the planet. The worst part about it was the perpetual cold, the inability to feel anything, taste anything, or smell anything! Was that not enough to satiate their taste for revenge, my eternal suffering?”

Lilac was watching this, alongside Sevi, with depressed eyes. <That…That’s how it feels to be a ghost…? To be that deprived of senses?> Slowly, her partner nodded, acknowledging her question. <I’m…I’m sorry…> She noted he bristled at her pity. <You’re my friend, Nazo. That’s why I pity what happened to you. You didn’t deserve that - you have a good heart!>

A frown crossed the grey hedgehog’s face. “Nothing happens by coincidence, Nazo. It doesn’t matter how radical or crazy it seems, but everything that happens in life is meant to happen; whether it’s good or bad. Who knows? Maybe if it hadn’t been Tatsujin who resurrected you, it could’ve been someone worse.”

Nazo snorted. “No one was worse than Tatsujin. If I made a single mistake, he would punish me, more than not quite severely too. There is no one worse than that, who cleaves your soul in half after he crushes you in your rebellion!” He hissed, his Aura snapping at the air, reacting to his anger.

Iyoku shook his head inwardly, but finished his food and went to go rinse out the bowl in the stream he’d retrieved the water from earlier. I can’t really say anything to that, but… He trailed off. I wonder if their Aura is the same though…In the future, I could sense it – albeit, it wasn’t actually Nazo’s, but it was very powerful even compared to his. However, he kept silent about his suspicions that Nazo’s former ‘master’ was in the future. Or at least, had been. If he still was, there was no way to tell.

As it was, Nazo finally began to eat, but it was clear he had no desire to talk about his old dictator. My only regret, he thought with a slight dark gleam in his eyes, was that I wasn’t the one to take his wretched life from him! I would have made him suffer for what he did to me! Nazo would have been content to his punishment if only he had been given that opportunity, but alas, his life did not extend far enough to Tatsujin’s demise.

The grey hedgehog continued his trek through the woods, having already walked quite a ways from the stream. The stars and waning moon shone in the skies above, and as mentioned several times in his life, he was grateful to have good night vision. He was quiet, thinking about as to where the next emerald was. Azelf said it was in the furthest reaches of the Sevii Islands, but he never said which one. He didn’t even give a hint as to who could be guarding it. He recalled the list of legendaries Celebi had said were holders. The other Pokemon we’ve yet to visit are Shaymin, Uxie, Manaphy and Jirachi, but who knows where they could be, he thought in irritation. If we don’t hurry up, we’ll completely screw up our chance of fixing the future. Heck, even now, we might’ve already wasted too much time.

Nazo was quick to wash the bowls of himself and his companions, and when done, he returned to his lonely vigil on the cliff, gazing out to the only thing that had ever truly stolen his heart. He kept his hood off, content that the other visitor – Shira – wouldn’t come back. He picked up a few rocks that lay beside him, tossing them into the sea and observing how they so freely skipped across the salty water. It helped, ever so slightly, to ease the pain in his soul.

Iyoku’s ears suddenly pricked as a peculiar feeling swept over him before vanishing. Glancing up at the trees, he noticed something was wrong. Either that, or very familiar. Then, he realized it; they were a very dark grey, and part of the stream from before that had trickled past before was completely still. There wasn’t even the sound of the water running, and Iyoku soon realized why. This was the time-frozen area he’d heard about while in the plains.

Lilac looked at Sevi, having been observing her partner’s behavior. <He’s so sad…I wish there was something we could do for him. Maybe if we found him another rock to study?> She offered hopefully, but the Seviper shook her patterned head sadly.

<I am grateful you want to help him Lilac dear,> she started, <but this is something he will have to come to terms with on his own. We can offer suggestions, but only he can make the decision. Nazo will have to right the wrongs committed when Tatsujin was alive, and only by doing that will his soul rest in peace.> The Houndour pawed the ground slowly, looking dejected. <But he has friends now who will support him every step of the way, dear. That is the key difference now.>

I don’t like this… He thought, beginning to get unnerved. The darkness here…It’s strong. It’s definitely not like the future’s forest. But, if it doesn’t have the same atmosphere about it, what am I sensing? Why am I so nervous? I wasn’t like this in the future unless I sensed a Shadow Pokemon coming. Iyoku frowned, puzzled.

Nazo halted in his stone throwing, his fur bristling. Could it be…? In a flurry of motion, he flew past the startled Pokemon, leaving his cloak conveniently draped over the female Houndour. I can’t be sure…But if I’m right…His eyes widened even in his flight as he realized Iyoku had gone in that direction. What an idiot I have been!

The grey hedgehog was a little on edge, but he somehow knew that nothing bad was going to attack him; it was just a really bad feeling. However, he stopped in his steps and crossed his arms when he began to try putting the pieces together as to what it was. In the future, time and space have collapsed. But…There are three elements that make up reality. Time, space and dimension. What if… He hesitated. What if the dimensions are starting to collapse? A grim expression came upon his face. We need to hurry; we need to get those Chaos Emeralds and the other fragments.

Nazo slid to a halt a few feet from Iyoku, staggering against a tree as his Aura dimmed considerably due to the suppressive darkness in the air. “Iyoku, are you all right?” Growling, he looked around at the frozen trees. “This feels much different from the other forest, Iyoku. Care to give an explanation?”

The younger hedgehog jumped at Nazo’s sudden appearance – the sky blue one had been flying at too fast a speed for Iyoku to sense him coming, not to mention, he hadn’t been paying attention because he’d been studying the forest. “Yeah, I’m fine,” he said. “But the woods here…I think time and space aren’t the only things being affected anymore.” The grim expression remained on his face. “Dimensions might be starting to collapse now, too.” He noticed Nazo’s Aura had seemed to recede, and wondered if it was because of the extra darkness in the air.

He nodded slightly at the grey hedgehog. “Yes…” The hedgehog winced, leaning heavily against a tree. “Iyoku, let us leave. My body cannot handle the negativity in this area.” He offered a tiny smile, although it was anything but happy. “Did I ever tell you what would happen if my body cannot get rid of excess energy?”

As he turned back to go the way he’d come, Iyoku thought for a few seconds. After said time was up, he shook his head, “No, I don’t think you said what would happen. I would’ve remembered if you had.” The forest all around them was dead silent, and only their voices cut through the noiselessness around them, and even that was enough to make Iyoku uneasy.

Nazo agreed, and after he started walking back with Iyoku - his gait seemingly uncomfortable – he began to explain. “As you know, my body produces its own energy to use at my whim. Unfortunately, I cannot shut off that process. My Aura is the result of my body ridding itself of excess energy. In an area like this, with such a high pressure of darkness, my body cannot effectively do this - it still is, but only slightly - and most of it is being shoved back into my body.” He stopped, shaking his head. “If you have a reactor, and fill it with too much energy that it cannot rid itself of, it begins to tear itself apart, before exploding.” The hedgehog rubbed his scar. “Now imagine I am the reactor. Eventually, the dark energy will begin to tear my body to pieces, before resulting in a very large explosion that will kill me and anything that gets caught in it.” He growled slightly. “It is undeniably uncomfortable for me; as it grows worse it will become sheer agony. When I saved you and Lilac from Reiki, and perhaps from the Shadow Pokemon - although I’m not sure what happened there - I was more aggressive due to the excess energy which had built up from my recovery.”

Oh boy, Iyoku thought to himself before replying. “Well, I guess it’s a good thing you can at least get rid of it after it’s been built up.” Although… he thought, beginning to get a little more unnerved, with how he was acting when attacking that Shadow Rhydon…He might’ve been absorbing the energy that came off it. If he’d been fighting it in an area like this, then he wouldn’t have been able to discharge the extra negativity he got.

“True,” Nazo started, “but I have noticed something rather odd. The energy which is returning to my body - it seems to have been purified a bit. It is not as strong in terms of negativity, and I have only a small inkling as to why.” He looked at Iyoku. “From what I understand is that your heart is pure, for you wish to save the world despite the immense dangers. I cannot help but think that your Aura may be affecting my own.”

The grey hedgehog frowned, “Maybe,” he said. “But, it is true that Aura users tend to have a more positive Aura, and from what you’ve noticed, I think they counter each other, with the positive diluting the negative a bit.” He’d also noticed this with Naomi – for when she and Reiki had been fighting, his Aura had seemed to recoil from Naomi’s.

The other hedgehog nodded. “As it is however, my body is dependent on how strong the darkness is. Attacks using diluted energy will not do as much as regular energy, but the good news is under normal circumstances my Aura is not being shoved back into me.” Just the thought of Reiki made his fur bristle - anyone who tried to kill his allies had to answer to him!

Iyoku snorted, “Yeah, true.” He continued to think, however, even as the beach finally did come into view. When Naomi was talking about the Time Gears, Urahara Shards, Chaos Emeralds and Etai Orbs, she said they had to be combined for them to have any lasting effect over reality. But what is the product of that fusion? He thought, puzzled.

As soon as they exited the time frozen forest, Nazo’s Aura flared back to its former brightness, and he was quick to pet Lilac on the head. “Sorry for tossing my cloak over you; I was in a bit of a hurry.” The Houndour snorted, but accepted the apology due to a nice scratching behind the ears.

The grey hedgehog glanced upwards; “It looks like it’s around eleven or so, we should probably turn in for the night.” He snorted, never thought I’d actually say the word considering there’s no time of day when I’m from.

“Yes, that is something I can agree with.” All the flying had tired him out, and he gratefully lay against a tree, having slipped his cloak back on. “Well then, good night.” And with that, he closed his eyes, drifting off into sleep easily with Lilac on one side, Sevi on the other.

~

This one was short oO'

Last edited by Michelle8936; 01-23-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapters Twenty-Six and Twenty-Seven Up!

I decided to put this one up as well, given how the last chapter was so short. Like Iyoku XD *Blasted*

Shut up >.>

~

Chapter Twenty-Seven

One of the grey hedgehog’s turquoise eyes opened, followed by the other as he tried to think of what time it was. He normally woke at what would be considered five or six in the morning, and, confirming his guess, he noticed Nazo was still asleep against the tree trunk. I’ll have to wake him up – we don’t want to get discovered by any early risers. A grin crept its way across his face as he looked at one of the bowls he’d left out. Water had gathered in it from the dew on the plants.

He silently got up, not wanting to alert anyone to his prank, and his grin widened as he noticed the amount of water within the bowl – a good four and a half cups or so. He picked it up, sneaking over to Nazo, and with a grand, theatre-like flourish, proceeded to dump the freezing cold contents of the bowl over the other hedgehog.

With an audible yelp, Nazo jumped awake, the cloak effectively soaked. He also noticed his fur had been tinged a lighter color, more of peach. “IYOKU!” Shrieking, he leapt at the young hedgehog, grabbing him in a headlock and giving him the nuggie of a lifetime. “How can I go into town to buy something when my cloak is soaked, and my fur pink?!”

At first, Iyoku was laughing too hard from seeing Nazo’s little colour change to answer his question, but then he finally did say something. “Well, at least no one will recognize you with pink fur!” was all he could manage before he started laughing again.

Growling, the hedgehog - still holding his younger companion - walked over to the ocean, and with a smirk, pushed the child into the frigid waters. “Laugh on that!” Then, he dived in after in an attempt to wash his fur off, since the dye hadn’t been able to soak in completely on his head (which had been the only part not protected by the cloak), with the clothing that had also been hit by it left to Lilac and Sevi to figure out how to clean.

Iyoku quickly stifled his laughter a few seconds after he hit the water, although several snickers still escaped him. The main reason he tried to keep from laughing now was because he wasn’t interested in having a wave of the same frigid water go over him again. He got up and out of the sea, and after taking the cloak, he went to wash it. Afterwards, he had Yaiba carefully dry it off with a Flamethrower. However, during all this, he was still trying not to laugh at the pink sheen on Nazo’s fur.

Nazo, after a few minutes of rough scrubbing, was able to get the majority of the dye out of his fur. “I swear…” He grumbled on, but took the cloak anyways. “I will be back soon. In the meantime, I expect no more funny business.” He growled, slipping it on and walking towards the forest, muttering the whole time. He stopped briefly to take some of their rings (careful to not take too many), before proceeding onwards.

Iyoku was still snickering after the other hedgehog left, but he soon figured that they would be going soon. I’d better pack up, we want to be out of here before anyone else comes and finds the camp. As it was, he hoped no one would recognize Nazo; however, if he kept his cloak on and the hood down, it wasn’t likely they would be discovered.

After a few minutes, Nazo arrived in the moderately sized town. There were steel buildings everywhere, looming over him with a menacing gaze, but he didn’t feel nervous around them. The streets were bustling with vendors and small vehicles, and Pokemon walking around alongside their partners. He got a few odd looks from some of them, but he made his way into the mart without any problems. Selecting a small package of ice cream (he couldn’t believe he was going through all this effort for the kid!), he made sure it would be enough for everyone to try some, before walking up to the counter.

“Um…Sir, please remove your hood.” The assistant looked a little uncomfortable due to the fact Nazo could be a robber, but the hedgehog ignored the fox.

“Sorry…But I cannot. I met an unfortunate accident a while ago, and I fear I would scare your customers off if I removed it.” Placing the container on the counter, he asked for the total. When that was done, he gave the rings to the salesperson and bid him farewell, leaving.

As she sat on a wood-finished bench in the park, the white cat glanced upwards, her yellow eyes narrowing slightly at who she saw. The black-cloaked figure seemed to be in a moderate hurry to get out of town, and this was also brought to the attention of her Buizel companion next to her who was curled up on the same bench. However, while normal Buizel would have orange fur and a deep yellow float ring, this one bore yellow-gold fur and a silver float ring instead of the normal colours for that species. There was also a single cream coloured spot on the Water Type’s back that matched the belly and lower snout of the creature, showing that it was a female.

Shira slid the book she had been reading into her bag, and after putting the strap over her shoulders, she stealthily followed after the cloaked figure, her shiny Buizel trailing her. She had seen the camp he and the other hedgehog were at the night before, but her senses told her there was more to the situation, and more to who the figure was. As it was, Shira was also careful to avoid suspicion; she made it look like she was going to the blue-roofed Pokemart near the edge of town.

Nazo quickly and efficiently arrived back at the camp, taking his hood off and holding up the bag. “So, who wants to try some ice cream before it melts? The flavor is mint, by the way.” Lilac gave a yip, proclaiming how excited she was - the hedgehog had come to the conclusion the Houndour was a glutton for food, so it was only natural she would react that way. Sevi, being cold blooded, didn’t look quite as eager though!

Iyoku got up and was about to deliver his reply when his ears suddenly pricked, and he looked towards the woods. It was more through his Aura senses that he realized Nazo had been followed than anything else, and this was justified when Shira stepped out from the trees. Her eyes had narrowed, and she held two other Poke Balls in her hands as the Buizel took a fighting stance in front of her. “So, my hunch was right. Well, I hope you enjoyed your stay, because you won’t be leaving, Nazo.”

The hedgehog bristled slightly, but otherwise remained calm. "I have no qualms with you - Shira, was it? - Nor do I have any issues with the town. I am merely trying to right the wrongs I committed. Is that too much to ask?" Lilac growled, stepping in front of her trainer.

<Leave him alone, you bullies!> She snarled, but was hushed with a look from Nazo.

The white cat snorted before she replied, “Oh, I have more of a bone to pick with you than you think,” she growled. “I’m sure you wouldn’t remember me, what with all the villages and towns you decimated.” Her voice was cold, and as she finished her statement, she released the occupants of the other two Poke Balls before putting them back in her pack, not taking her eyes off the group as she did so.

The first materialized alongside the Buizel, but it was obvious this Pokemon was much larger. Once it finally solidified, it became identifiable as the Water-Steel Type Empoleon, distinguished by the trident-like armor on its face, and the blades along its wings. The second Pokemon came into view on the opposite side of the Buizel, and surprisingly, this one was an Absol. However, the fur on the Dark Type had a tint of red to it, while the main body was a deep crimson and the eyes an emerald green; evident that, like the Buizel, this Absol was of the shiny variety.

Nazo narrowed his eyes in response. "How should I? It is hard to remember many things when your soul has been cleaved in two." He shook his head, but by now had removed his cloak - he knew what was coming and didn't want it to get torn up - and faced her, although his demeanor showed he was anything but willing to fight. "I am sorry if I harmed any of your family members. You have no idea how deeply the wound has gone."

Lilac bristled, thankful that Sevi had joined her in the lead. <Now dears, there is no need for violence. I am sure something can be worked out.> The Seviper spoke with a calm voice, not intimidated by the Pokemon in front of her.

“Not likely,” was her only answer before she formed an attack with her bare hands – Iyoku was startled to see it was an Aura Sphere, a teal one at that – and she fired it at the sky blue hedgehog. Without even thinking, Iyoku charged and fired his own – the attack was a silvery sheen of red – and caught the surprised expression on the cat’s face as the two attacks met. Once they did so, it was dead silent for a nanosecond before an explosion sounded, creating a massive cloud of dust and smoke.

Once it had cleared, Shira was giving him a puzzled look. “You’re an Aura user? Why would you be teamed up with someone like him?!”

The hedgehog closed his eyes, before opening them again. Despite the circumstances, his Aura remained placid, flickering softly. “Because we are trying to save the world; that is why. While you may not believe I am trying to reconcile the pain I caused, I am. More than anything, I wish to give back to those I took from.”

The Buizel growled, and her tails were glowing with a white light, as she was about to launch a SonicBoom at the group; however, Shira herself stopped her. Looking back at Nazo, she said, “Be grateful that kid is an Aura user, or I wouldn’t have stopped Touza here from blasting you with that attack.” She was still cautious though, and it showed in her eyes. If they planned to earn her trust, it would take a lot of time.

As it was, the Buizel still watched them with her dark pupiled eyes, but didn’t attack. She wouldn’t unless her trainer commanded her to or if she had to do it out of self defense. The same went for the other two Pokemon, but it was obvious they weren’t happy about it.

Nazo couldn’t help but sigh. “I am not sure how effective it would have been in any case.” He crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow. “However, I am a bit curious. How did you stumble upon the ability to use Aura?” He eyed the other two Pokemon, unsure of why they disliked him as much as their trainer did. I didn’t do anything to them. Furthermore, he wanted to know what connection he had to the feline.

She glared at the sky blue hedgehog, “Why should I tell you anything? Give me a good reason to explain how I can control Aura.” She too had crossed her arms, and while it was evident she may not attack, she wasn’t going to allow them to get information out of her, either. At least, not without a good reason. For all I know, they could be lying. There’s no doubt that kid’s Aura abilities are real, but…

He growled slightly. “Fine then, but at least give me a reason as to why you want to kill me. If my life is to end, once more, here, then I believe I deserve some sort of explanation. Besides, you also stated you ‘had a bone to pick with me’, and I have no idea why.” Sighing, he rubbed his forehead as if he had developed a headache. “You expect me to know something about you, but all I have gathered is your name. How can I possibly conclude why you hate me so with only that?”

Shira’s eyes narrowed, “Well, as I can state you destroyed so many towns, you probably wouldn’t remember how you decimated the one me and the rest of my friends and family lived in.” However, she muttered something under her breath that Iyoku had to strain his ears to catch: “Although, it would’ve been worse if that Glaceon hadn’t shown up to warn us...”

Nazo blinked. “I…I am sorry, Shira. How can I make it up to you?” I pray I didn’t kill anyone she knew! His ears twitched upon hearing her mutter something, but he was unable to discern what she said. If I have come to know the world, the cost for bloodshed…It is even more bloodshed. And if that is what it takes, for my blood to soak into the ground, then so be it!

Iyoku watched Shira for a few seconds. “That Glaceon…Was her name Naomi?” Shira blinked, startled, and apparently, so were her Pokemon.

“Yeah, that’s what she said her name was…But how would you know that?” She paused, now beginning to get interested. “Unless you’ve met her at some point?”

“We met her quite recently, actually.” Nazo spoke softly, quite knowing the sound of his voice could be enough to set Shira off once more. “More or less, she saved our lives once or twice from an evil Lucario named Reiki. We also learned some important facts from her, that for her sake I cannot speak of.”

“If you’re talking about her being a Monogatari Karei, she told me herself. And as for what happened to the village…She warned us about what would happen in time for us to get out of there, and she caused the illusion which was what you must’ve seen after you thought that town was destroyed.” She looked at the ground, thinking to herself. If Naomi did actually come to warn us of that and allowed us to evacuate safely…Maybe that means I was supposed to run into these two here. She said nothing happens by coincidence, and now I’m starting to believe it.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 01-23-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Wincing slightly, the hedgehog nodded. “I see. I suppose that explains why there was very little blood, from what my memory is recalling, and if it is indeed your town.” Although, the hedgehog pushed the memory to the deepest reaches of his mind in an attempt to be rid of the screams forever tearing into his brain in an unrelenting wave of terror.

Shira frowned, “Since she came and warned us before the danger, I can’t help but think that we were supposed to have met.” She seemed to have lost her anger towards the other hedgehog, but was still cautious. Her Pokemon picked up on this, beginning to relax slightly. “But if that’s true, then what was the reason for us meeting…?”

Nazo shrugged slightly. “Fate works in odd ways. Up until a few weeks ago, perhaps even a month now, I was dead. I have no idea who or what brought me back, but the fact it coincided with Iyoku’s quest…Well, I saw a way to make up to those I harmed.” He admitted.

Shira raised an eyebrow, “What quest? Does it have something to do with the time freezes recently?” She had her suspicions, but waited for Iyoku to tell what was happening before deciding upon them. A frown appeared on her face as she replied, “So in the future…There’s almost none of this left at all?”

The grey hedgehog nodded. “The only city left on the planet is the one run by Robotnik. Actually, I think that city is where Kumai Forest is in the present time. Both the city and the forest are huge; though you wouldn’t know it by the small amount of food available there.”

“And that is what we are trying to prevent.” Nazo added on, knowing it was completely useless to even say anything along those lines. “So…I would appreciate if you tried to kill me after we save the world, okay?” The hedgehog was, surprisingly, joking despite the circumstances. Enough so to make Lilac snicker, but that wasn’t hard to do in the first place!

Shira snorted, but even as she did so, a grim smile came onto the shiny Absol’s face. <That will be much harder than you think,> she said, her tone laden with warning. <If you fail in this quest…A worse fate will occur. I can sense it. As can the other Aura users and those with the ability of foresight.>

Nazo cocked his head slightly. “A worse fate? I do not suppose you have any idea what that could be, do you…?” He really didn’t know what could be worse than a paralyzed future, besides no future at all. Although, he was beginning to feel a sense of hopelessness at this point.

The Disaster Pokemon closed her emerald green eyes for a few seconds before opening them again. <No, I do not. What I do know, however, is that an unimaginable fate will befall this world if the destruction of the future is not stopped.> She glanced at Yaiba. <You can sense it too, no doubt.> The black Absol nodded, his expression void of emotion.

“Great. Well, I suppose things could always get worse somehow, as they often do.” He looked at the bag on the ground. “Er, I bought ice cream…Iyoku has never had any, and it will melt soon.” Nazo spoke somewhat sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. Awkward…

Shira snickered as she picked up on Nazo’s awkwardness, “Well, I’ll do you a favour and not tell anyone you were here.” She turned to leave, recalling her Pokemon except for the Buizel. “You might want to stay out of towns from now on though, not every encounter will have an ending like this,” she finished, walking back into the cover of the forest.

“Well…” Iyoku raised an eyebrow. “That certainly was…Lucky.”

Nazo grunted. “Maybe. Although, now you realize the true extent people hate me.” He grinned slightly, but it was more of an empty smile than anything. “Well, you going to try ice cream or not? I risked my neck for that stuff.”

“Alright, I guess so.” He said. “…As long as it’s not as cold as it was in the mountains,” he muttered as an annoyed afterthought. Just thinking about the cold in that area was enough to make him just as irritated as he’d been when he was there to begin with.

The hedgehog shook his head as the wheels began to turn. “No, it is not that cold.” He fetched the bowls, silently hoping the hedgehog would take a big bite and get brain freeze, scooping the ice cream into them and giving some to everyone, Pokemon or hedgehog alike. “Now, hurry up and eat it before it melts!”

Iyoku shrugged, and, as Nazo had been hoping, the grey hedgehog scooped up a nicely sized amount of ice cream in the spoon before putting it in his mouth. This resulted in him letting out a yelp almost instantly after doing said action and falling backwards as an irritated expression appeared on his face, visible even though he’d partially covered it with his hand to try and null the brain freeze he’d gotten.

Nazo practically howled in laughter, a wide grin planted on his face. “I cannot believe you fell for it! It is called ice cream, for star’s sake!” Lilac joined in on his joy, her beautiful voice mixing with his lilting tone, creating a harmony of grace. The Seviper only snickered a little bit, having been careful in eating the treat slowly.

With a growl, a red Aura Sphere tinted with silver was promptly launched at the other hedgehog, and Iyoku sat up, glaring at him. “Well, just wait till you try one of the spicy specialties I make – Tamato berries are nothing compared to that!” He’d somehow still managed to hold onto the bowl the entire time without spilling any of the contents.

Snickering, the hedgehog ducked to the side, the Aura Sphere flying harmlessly into the air. “I told you I would get you back for all the pranks!” He had laughed so hard, in fact, that tears had formed in his eyes. Man, I wish I had a camera!

“You’d better watch your back…” was the only thing Iyoku muttered in response to this, still glaring at the other hedgehog before returning to eating the ice cream. It’s not bad, but it could be a little less cold. Still, if it was, it wouldn’t taste the same.

“I have been doing that for my whole life, Iyoku.” The hedgehog stated before returning to finishing off his ice cream, which Lilac had already done minutes ago. How long has it been since I last had this stuff…? He couldn’t remember, but it was still pleasant enough to ponder about.

Iyoku was done eating rather quickly, so he went to clean out the bowl in the stream. As he did so, his ears pricked as he heard something, and he glanced upwards, waiting to see what it was. If whatever was coming was a Pokemon, it wasn’t a Shadow; that much he could tell. He’d be able to sense it if it was.

Nazo couldn’t help but talk to Lilac about Iyoku’s expression, and they laughed once more when the Houndour did a surprisingly good impression of it too. The hedgehog thought it was a just punishment for the Tamato berry incident, and more recently the pink dye ‘accident’. Quite frankly, it provided some amusement despite the dire circumstances they faced.

The grey hedgehog kept his eyes on the undergrowth, and he waited to see what emerged from it. He didn’t have to wait long, and soon enough, two figures made themselves visible. Both the Pokemon resembled fully grown lions, and had the three black stripes on the back of their front legs that were customary for a Luxray. One’s mane was slightly shorter than the other, identifying it as a female while the other was of opposite gender.

The female stepped forward, and her telepathic voice entered Iyoku’s thoughts: <I do not want to be a bother, but have you seen a young Shinx in this area? He is rather young, and we became separated from him a while ago.> Her thoughts seemed tired, as if they had been on the move for days, and Iyoku noticed their slightly tattered fur coats showed evidence of this.

However, a thought crossed his mind. Could they be Flash’s parents?

The hedgehog sat down on a rock, watching as Sevi and Lilac began to battle, showing him techniques and moves that would be strong. For example, when Lilac used a Flamethrower, Sevi dodged by slamming her tail into the ground and countering with a Poison Tail, sending the Houndour flying backwards. I really need to learn how to battle with them better. At this point, they were better at battling without him!

“Yeah, there’s one traveling with my group right now. If you want, you can come and see him. We met in that time-frozen forest in Sinnoh.” Iyoku explained, leading the two evolved Electric Types to the campsite. As they came closer, the sounds of battle became evident, and the three emerged from the forest’s undergrowth, watching Lilac and Sevi’s practice match for a few minutes. Yaiba, Shourai, Koutei and Flash were watching as well, but upon the arrival of the two Luxray, the latter turned to glance at them, and his eyes lit up as he recognized his parents.

When the three arrived, Nazo himself had joined in on the battle, delivering weaker attacks (he would have severely injured them if he hadn’t toned down his power), while dodging the Poison and Fire attacks sent back at him. In particular, he avoided the Seviper’s glowing tail by grabbing it, throwing her into the charging Houndour. He stopped when he noticed Iyoku, and the two Pokemon.

“Ah, sorry. Did not see you there, Iyoku.” The hedgehog grunted, eyeing Flash’s reaction. “I think I see what is going on here…” He said softly, before gesturing to the Shinx. “Well, go to them. You do not have to act all tough, child. You have spent far too much time away from them.”

The Shinx grinned before running up to his mother to give a greeting, the two nuzzled each other affectionately shortly afterwards. The male looked at the two hedgehogs, <If there is anything we can do to repay you, name it.> Iyoku was silent for a few seconds, about to turn them down, saying it was nothing, but then an idea struck him.

“Actually…There might be something that could be done.” He paused before continuing, “Many of the Time Gears have been stolen recently – if you can spread word about it, the news will likely reach the remaining guardians, and even the protectors of the Etai Orbs and the Chaos Emeralds.”

Nazo nodded. “Brilliant idea, Iyoku! The more the people - and Pokemon - know about it, the better the chances the thief will be caught.” He said, folding his arms. “As it is, keep an ear out for any word on Latias, too. Her brother, Latios, was very worried about her after his Time Gear was stolen, and if she was frozen in the time freeze…” He shook his head. “If that happened, I would personally like to see if I could restore her some way. I saw a time frozen Pokemon and we could do nothing at that point, but now, perhaps, we could.” The hedgehog sighed heavily. “And we need all the legendaries we can get on our side, too.”

“It’ll also be harder for the thief to take any other fragments of reality that he might find,” Iyoku said, a slight smirk on his face. “And believe me, if you thought Azelf was powerful, you haven’t seen anything yet. There are as many Pokemon out there as there are different people.”

The Luxray nodded, <Yes, all of us have to work together to prevent further time freezes. As it is, time may return to normal if the Time Gears are placed back in their proper places.>

“But would that not make it more likely that they would be stolen again? The thief struck those areas already; no doubt he - or she - would do so again.” The hedgehog snorted. “Still, teamwork is an important aspect. Things will go differently when everyone is on the lookout.” Nazo agreed.

“Maybe true,” Iyoku said in response to Nazo’s query about the increased chances of the Time Gears being stolen again when brought to their proper places. “But the guardians of said Time Gears will know what to look out for, and they’ll have reinforcements to boot.”

The hedgehog thought for a few seconds before responding. “Yes, that is true. We should probably be leaving soon to continue our quest - the next Chaos Emerald will not wait forever.” He turned around, going to his back and recalling Sevi, who was exhausted from the training. She wasn’t the youngest Seviper in the world, after all!

“Alright, just give me a minute here,” Iyoku said as he took out Flash’s Poke Ball. He recalled the Electric Type, and then threw the ball in the air once more, but as the Shinx was freed from confinement, a blue light replacing the red that normally appeared was proof enough that Iyoku had indeed released him from the Poke Ball; permanently.

The female Luxray glanced at Iyoku and Nazo. <Don’t worry, we will make sure word of this is spread.> With that, the three walked into the foliage of the woods before them. Flash looked back for a few seconds with a thankful expression in his eyes, before he too disappeared into the rainforest along with his parents.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:53 PM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Woo! Two for one! ^^
Poor Nazo, having to listen to all that stuff brought up from the past. It's no wonder he feels like he has to avoid everyone.
At least he got to get back at Iyoku for all the pranks. ^^
A bit of unexpectedness with that girl popping in.

*giggles* Unexpectedness?

Hush, it's a word....that I just made up. XP
Old 01-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Yesh. Unexpectedness is the new word in the dictionary of words that don't exist XD

I did that on purpose, you know B'

Riiiiight XD

Old 01-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

I spotted a few typos-italization-but I don't feel like pulling them out.

Yeah, Nazo is perhaps one of the most hated characters in the series. He even managed to surpass Skye, who has quite a few enemies XD

Flash found his mumzy and dadzy XD
Old 01-23-2010, 01:49 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

*nods at Shell* Exactly. ^^

Sorry, Iyoku, I have to go with Shourai on that. *giggles*

I don't hate Nazo.

I don't think she was talking about outside the fic. ^^'
Old 01-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Chapter Twenty-Eight

“So long, Flash.” Nazo called out, before turning to Iyoku. “I suppose we should go too, eh? Pack up your things; we need to take advantage of the daylight.” He turned on a heel, moving towards his pack. This next emerald will make it so only three will be left. Space seems to be safe, for now. But Time and Dimension…

The grey hedgehog didn’t say anything, but he recalled the other Pokemon, putting their Poke Balls back into his bag. He took a careful look around the campsite, making sure nothing had been left behind, and after doing so, he began to wonder if they were going to travel by sea or by air, as they had done before.

After shouldering his pack on, the hedgehog shook his head. “I feel a bit guilty for the Water Type on your team, Iyoku - I cannot remember her name - because this is a great opportunity for her to enjoy the ocean. I will travel in the sky, but perhaps it would be better if you went by sea.”

Iyoku shrugged, “Alright,” he said, taking the Lapras’s Poke Ball out of his bag. He walked to the shore and released her into the water shortly before making a light jump onto her shelled back. “Kiyo, we have to keep going west,” he instructed the Water Type. She nodded, and with surprising speed, set off into the ocean.

Nazo leaped into the air after them, quickly returning Lilac to her Poke Ball. He was quick to keep up, catching up to and surpassing them, and most likely to their shock, completely diving into the ocean in the process. The salty water didn’t irritate his eyes in the least, and he marveled at the reef far below, deciding to investigate as he dove further. He was adept at holding his breath (although immortality helped quite a bit), so he could stay down longer than most could.

Iyoku seemed mildly surprised that Nazo could hold his breath for so long, but after a few seconds, he released Yaiba and Shourai onto the Lapras’s back and released Koutei into the air – he could always rest on one of the knobs protruding from Kiyo’s shell – and after putting their Poke Balls back into his bag, he took out the Apricorns and began crafting more of the containment spheres to sell at the next town.

Bursting forth from the ocean, the hedgehog swerved to avoid hitting Koutei, for he had not realized he was there. “Sorry about that.” He muttered, doing a loop in the sky. Without having to tote someone on a platform, he didn’t have to worry about the extra energy loss, and the ice cream had left him in a grand mood.

Iyoku’s ears pricked at around the same time Kiyo sensed an anomaly in the water, and as both looked down, into the depths of the ocean, the grey hedgehog’s eyes widened as he spotted a massive figure slither through the water just underneath them. Whoa…Whatever that is…It’s huge. He wasn’t able to discern too many features of what the creature bore, but he saw several fins jutting out from its back, and that was all he saw before the Pokemon dove deeper into the sea, vanishing from sight.

Nazo himself was too busy playing with a cloud to notice much, and his senses weren’t as adept at locating powerful energies as Iyoku’s were. In essence, he never saw anything. He discovered that he could make the droplets of water consisting of the cloud collect on a small meteor he formed, which in turn made the water turn to ice. Which was ironic, considering ice often made up meteors!

After figuring he wouldn’t see anything else, Iyoku returned his attention to making the Poke Balls, but he couldn’t help but wonder what that Pokemon had been. Eventually, it bugged him so much that he took another book out of his bag, and started flipping through the pages, looking for something that matched what he’d seen.

Becoming bored with the game, the hedgehog skydived into the water from the high altitude, most likely having been going up to 150 miles (or 240 kilometers) per hour, and creating an audible splash as he made contact. It was enough to spook a poor Horsea that had been swimming below, and it took off by leaving a cloud of ink, which the hedgehog was quick to avoid.

Iyoku raised an eyebrow, snickering at the sudden pool of ink that had appeared in the water below. “I could say something to that, but I won’t,” he muttered with a faint grin on his face. As it was, they had been on the water for almost forty five minutes now, and the grey hedgehog couldn’t help but wonder how long it was going to take before they reached the next island.

Nazo floated out of the water, looking at Iyoku curiously. “You reading a book again?” He asked, looking ahead to the horizon. “Think. After this emerald, there will only be three left. Yet, I find it hard to believe that would be the end of our journey. Too…Easy.”

“Well, Celebi did say I had to bring them back to her forest in the present time once I collected them all,” Iyoku replied. “And besides, I have a feeling whatever’s happening with the time freezes and dimension collapses will only speed up from here. It could be possible that the full time freeze, epidemic and so on that shaped the future will happen in less than half a year’s time.”

“Just be sure you do not catch the epidemic, hmm? It will not do us any good if that happens.” Nazo said, nodding to himself. “That just means we have to hurry, then. I am confident we will be able to prevent time from freezing, Iyoku. We just have to hope, that is all.”

Iyoku snickered, “Yeah, hope and act.” He thought about Nazo’s first statement though; he rarely ever got sick – in fact, he never had, but that could also be because bacteria couldn’t multiply in the constant heat of the future. The temperature constantly being that high didn’t help matters on a biological scale, but there were new illnesses that occasionally surfaced, having developed something close to an immunity to the heat.

“Well, yes. That too.” Nazo agreed, thinking to himself. Just what could the epidemic be…? He supposed the question wouldn’t be answered until it actually happened, and he dearly hoped it wouldn’t. Finding out what it is isn’t worth the cost of millions.

Returning his attention to the book, Iyoku gave an irritated inward sigh as he realized he’d gone through the whole thing and had been unable to identify the mystery Pokemon. With that, he closed it up and resumed working on more Apricorns to sell.

The hedgehog cocked his head slightly. “What were you looking for, Iyoku?” He asked, his interest peaked. By now, he had landed on Kiyo’s shell, although he was far from being tired. He just wanted a leisurely conversation this time.

“There was something Kiyo and I saw in the water earlier, but I’m not sure what it was. It was huge though, at least twenty feet long. It must’ve been a legendary, but I didn’t get a good enough look at it before it went deeper into the water,” he said, puzzled.

Nazo gave a small chuckle. “With our luck, we will encounter it again sooner or later. Do not fret.” He mumbled, watching Iyoku work on the Apricorn. “Tedious work, but I suppose it has a reward when accomplished. You certainly are skilled for being so young, although from where you come from, it was necessary.”

Iyoku glanced at Nazo as he finished making the Poke Ball by sliding the halves together with a ‘click’. “Well, I’m not the only one who does this. There are others, but it takes a while to figure out how to make these – I’ve done it so many times by now that I could do it with my eyes closed.” He proceeded to show exactly this by closing his eyes as he took another Apricorn – this one yellow – and without even looking, he cleaved it in half with his pocketknife, cut four small grooves on both interior sides required for the reflective mirrors, and then after placing said mirrors within the ball, he slid them together with a click, and opened his eyes, having finished making the Moon Ball with them being shut the whole time.

The hedgehog was impressed. “Neat party trick. You should teach me sometime, eh?” He laughed, his good mood showing no signs of breaking anytime soon. Perhaps it was because of the sea being all around him, as it was among his favorite items to watch. Or the ice cream got to his head, which seemed to be likely.

Iyoku snickered, “You’ll have to figure out the battling aspect of Pokemon first,” he said, placing the Poke Ball in his bag and taking out another Apricorn as he began work on it. Within a few minutes, it too was done, and he glanced in the bag to see if he’d used them all up. It’s close; there’s only a couple left.

“True, I suppose. I am more of the ‘hands on’ type, though.” Nazo added, grinning slightly. The hedgehog looked down at the water before looking at the horizon. What will I do after this is done? He wondered to himself, unsure of where his destiny would lead.

“That won’t do you any good if you try to enter any tournaments,” Iyoku said as a faint grin crossed his face. He took the last Apricorn out of his bag, and within a few seconds had crafted the green nut into a Friend Ball. With an exasperated sigh, he put the ball into his bag. “Great. Now I’m bored.”

Nazo shrugged. “Yes, well, I cannot exactly enter into anything now can I?” He said softly, before snickering at Iyoku’s last statement. “Such a child you are, Iyoku.” He laughed. “You could always go for a swim, you know. I can teach you.”

“Well it’s not my fault I’m still a kid,” he muttered before glancing down at the waters of the ocean. Iyoku wasn’t afraid of the water, but there hadn’t been enough of the liquid for him to learn how to swim in the future. Heck, there’d been barely enough to keep him and his Pokemon alive, for that matter.

“So, would you like to learn how to swim, Iyoku?” Nazo asked earnestly. The chance for him to be a teacher to someone was just too good to pass up, and he realized learning how to swim may come in handy for the younger hedgehog later on.

Iyoku shrugged, “I don’t see why I shouldn’t. The only reason I couldn’t in the future was because there wasn’t enough water to learn how to do that in the first place.”

The immortal hedgehog clapped his hands slightly. “I can teach you right now, if you want. Although, I recommend shallower waters for beginners. That is how I learned.”

“Er…” Iyoku looked downwards, noting that he couldn’t even see the kelp that apparently ladened the sandy portion of the ocean floor. “We might have to wait ‘till we get to the next island. I don’t think there’re any shallow areas around here at all.” He muttered a little sheepishly.

Nazo laughed. “Well, we are in the middle of the ocean. There are some really deep places, deeper than the highest mountains actually. If only I could hold my breath and withstand the pressure, but I cannot.”

Iyoku raised an eyebrow at Nazo’s statement, but then something crossed his mind as a faint frown came onto his face. In the future…Most of what’s left is all desert, and that happens when the area’s too devoid of water to support much plant life. He paused in thought. If that’s the case, I wonder what happened to the oceans.

“What…? Was it something I said?” Nazo had noticed Iyoku’s face, and now wondered if he had said something that acted as a revelation of some sort. Am I ever going to understand this kid? Probably not, he realized.

The grey hedgehog blinked, brought out of his thoughts by Nazo’s inquiry. “No, it wasn’t anything you said, but when I’m from…The only known source of water left is deep under the forest. If that is the only source, then that means the oceans might’ve dried up.”

Cocking his head, Nazo seemed troubled. “What could possibly make that happen? The whole ocean, just evaporating? Preposterous!” He growled, not liking the idea of all the cool water simply vanishing.

Iyoku shook his head, “Well, for example, if Groudon were to awaken again, and fight Kyogre, it’d wreak global havoc on the weather. But if just Groudon was awakened or managed to overpower or kill Kyogre…” he trailed off, words no longer necessary.

~

I dunno why these things are so short. It seemed longer on Word >.>
At least you guys have stuff for speculation XD

Old 01-30-2010, 02:47 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapters Twenty-Eight Up!

Not a lot happening, but neccessary to move things and add bulk. ^^
*chuckles* Nazo's in a super mood, huh? And Iyoku's like me, bored way to easily. XD
When Iyoku saw something big that dove to deeper water, my first thought was Lugia. But you said it slithered through the water... *slightly confused*
Dunno. *shrugs* Keep the chapters coming guys. ^^
Old 01-30-2010, 02:56 AM
Michelle8936 Offline

Well, you're gonna have to wait and see if it was Lugia or not XD

... *Still bored*

Old 01-30-2010, 03:05 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

*shrugs* Around 20 ft. long, fins on its back, slithering through the water...sounds more like a Gyarados to me.

*smirks at Iyoku* Guess what we got that hasn't really happened in eight years? *chucks a snowball* Real snow! XD
Old 01-30-2010, 03:13 AM
Michelle8936 Offline

Like I said, you'll see XD

*Nailed in the face by the snowball* That's it! *Grabs some and starts chucking them at Kris*