Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Michelle8936
Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Five Up!

Oh god, lol, I remember that part XD
But, I still say Bubblestand was the funniest, you have to see that episode XDD
I'll go look it up on Youtube

She actually owns the movie ^^'

Crappy quality, but it's the only one I could find:
Part one
Part two

Old 08-20-2009, 03:19 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Actually, I've seen that one. ^^' One of the side-effects of having an 8 year old sister.

It's a giraffe! XD *whacked*

Shut up, Reggie. B'
Old 08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Six Up!

Chapter Six

Scanning through the book, Iyoku was so into what he was trying to find that even if a hurricane were to roar past the entrance to their ‘cave’, he wouldn’t have heard it. Shourai sat down beside him, wondering what the grey hedgehog was looking so intently for. Then, he remembered what he had been saying to himself earlier about the Time Gears. Finally, Iyoku stopped his page turning, reading a few paragraphs, and examining the pictures that came along with it. One of them depicted a curious, hexagonal shape with a star-like marking in the centre. However, that was not what intrigued him; for next to the Time Gear were two further objects: a Chaos Emerald and a trio of orbs, one green, one red and the last blue. Reading over the page once more, he frowned to himself. The Chaos Emeralds, the Etai Orbs and Time Gears… They're connected somehow… Meanwhile, Yaiba took to watching the snow swirl outside the shelter, a sinking feeling that it would possibly last longer than even he had expected.

Lilac's gaze drifted over to Yaiba, and curious, she padded up to him. <What's wrong, Yaiba? Is something worse coming?> She looked out through the gap, shivering at the sight of all the ice crystals dancing in the blinding whiteness. Being a Fire type, she wasn't too fond of ice or cold...However, she had a sneaking suspicion that not even an Ice Type would like being out in this weather. She wondered if this was just a natural disaster, or if it was being caused by the time disturbances.

The Absol looked at her, and then returned his gaze to the weather outside. <This weather… It’s unnatural… I don’t think that was caused by time going haywire…But I have a sneaking suspicion that something – or someone – is causing this.>

Shourai blinked, also having heard what the Disaster Pokemon had said. <But who would cause something like that?> The Normal Type asked; <It doesn’t seem to make any sense>.

<I’m not entirely sure, myself, however…> Yaiba trailed off <…My instincts are telling me that there’s something more to this situation.>

Lilac cocked her head. <Who is even powerful enough to cause a storm like this? Not even Blizzard and Hail combined could create a storm like this, and I doubt Articuno, Kyogre, or Suicune would do something like what's happening now. Legendaries don't mess with weather like that - not on purpose, or without good reason.> She shuffled nervously, gazing back at her partner who was still so diligently chipping the amethyst. Why did she get the feeling there were more disasters coming, and not all so blatantly obvious? The Houndour shook it off. No time to worry about a feeling; she thought to herself.

Yaiba still stared into the snowstorm outside. <No… While I can’t tell who’s causing it, I would be able to tell if it was any of them… Unless…> an idea occurred to him. <Maybe they’re protecting something.>

Meanwhile, Iyoku was still reading up in the book, and he had a sinking feeling that the key items that were in the pictures were tied to the destruction of the future. It makes sense, he thought to himself, The Etai Orbs control the Sea, Land and the Sky and help keep balance between the three. The Time Gears keep the flow of time regulated while still in their locations… he unknowingly spoke aloud, “So maybe the areas in which time has stopped are missing their respective Time Gears…”

Lilac was about to ask Yaiba what they were protecting when Iyoku spoke up. Time gears? The legendary Time Gears? Now that she thought about it, it was quite possible. But, who would be stupid enough to steal the Time Gears? Surely the people of this world can sense their power! Who knows, though...There are greedy characters in this world...She noticed Nazo was looking at Iyoku.

“Time Gears?”

Iyoku paused, contemplating before continuing. “There are four major forces that control our world, whether it’s in the past, present or future. The Etai Orbs which balance nature – the Seas, the Land, and the Skies – the Time Gears which keep time flowing properly in their regions – there are seven of them – the Chaos Emeralds keep Space intact and prevent it from collapsing – obviously seven of them, too. And the last… The last of which keep the material world in balance are the Urahara Shards. They are seven in number as well, and they maintain dimensions and the parallel dimensions to ours.”

Nazo thought to himself before speaking. “It seems they would be connected to your future, if that is what you are getting at. What do you suggest? We cannot possibly collect all of them within the time frame given.” The hedgehog crossed his arms, furrowing his brows as he tried to think of a solution. He was a patient person - however, with time stopping, even he knew they couldn't take their time. This blizzard was slowing them down, and getting all the Emeralds would be hard enough.

The grey hedgehog shook his head, “No, and it doesn’t seem like we could collect them if we wanted to. This tome here reads that they are each guarded by tremendously powerful beings… But if the Time Gears are being stolen despite that…” he trailed off, not needing to say another word; the foe they were up against was apparently powerful indeed if whoever it was had somehow managed to defeat the Guardians and take the Time Gears.

Shourai frowned, <It seems there's only one way to stop whoever, or whatever is taking the Time Gears; and that’s to get to the location of the next one before our unknown thief can. The question is, though, where is the next Time Gear?>

A smirk etched itself onto Nazo's face. “I understand the worry, Iyoku. However, you fail to recall that you have a being with the power of the stars at his fingertips with you. It will not be easy, but it will not be impossible.” He thought to himself, thinking about the fact Iyoku had realized. “Either he is very powerful, or like a thief, is very clever. One does not always have to fight if they can find a way around it...” He sat to pondering. The Time Gears...They are in danger.

“Well,” Iyoku said, pausing for a second, “I suppose the only way we can figure out where the Time Gears are is to look at where they were to begin with before time froze in those areas.” He put away the book in the large portion of his bag, trading it for a map, which he took out and unfolded. “We know for sure that there was one in that forest, and on the other side of the mountain range if time has stopped in both areas.” His eyes scanned over the map, tracing their steps to find their current location. According to the map, they were in the middle of a large, vast grassland that reached the foothills before becoming the mountains that were spread out to the North all the way to the Easternmost reaches of the land. To the south of them was the forest that he had met Nazo and Lilac in, and that was – along with the land that was north of the mountains – the two places so far where time had stopped. So… Where will the thief strike next? He asked himself.

Nazo nodded. “If we can find the Guardians of the stolen Time Gears, they may be able to help with identifying the thief. On the plus side,” Nazo smirked once more, ”Since I have been to that forest, I can open a portal directly there, and back.” Lilac nodded, realizing how much time that would save. Although...What about the Chaos Emerald? Since those weren't disappearing, they apparently weren't threatened. That was good, at least.

Hesitating a minute, the grey hedgehog then said, “Well, alright. I guess that could work; but that forest was huge. Where would we start looking for it even when we get there?”

<Either way, there’s only one way to find out where it is,> Shourai said, <And that’s to go there and see.>

Making no further argument, Iyoku got up, folding up the map, and after putting it back in his bag, he recalled the Normal Type and the Dark Type to their Poke Balls. “Well, I suppose we should get going, then,” he said, shouldering the said bag.

Nazo got up, returning Lilac and also placing the stone into the pack, which he awkwardly slung over his shoulders due to his long back spikes. “Very well then. If I know anything about puzzles, it will be in the deepest part, or the most obvious.” Concentrating once more, he made a spreading movement with his hands, and a purple portal opened in front of him, small enough to fit in their shelter yet large enough for them to leap through. With that done, Nazo gestured for Iyoku to go first. “After you.”

Hesitant at first, Iyoku muttered, “This had better not turn out like my last trip,” before he quickly walked through the portal, wanting to get it over and done with as quickly as possible. A few seconds of darkness passed, and then a dim light shone and the grey hedgehog found himself around five feet off the ground. Quickly righting himself in mid-air, he was able to land on the ground feet-first, before straightening to look at the scenery around him. Iyoku shook his head as he studied the woods before him. Although life forms were now able to physically move through the forest, it still resembled Celebi’s futuristic forest all too well. He looked through the trees, making sure that there was no present danger while he waited for Nazo to come through.

Nazo was a bit surprised when he found himself five feet in the air, throwing his hands out to connect with the ground and right himself with a fancy backflip. The portal weakened before collapsing in on itself, while Nazo found himself staring in dismay at the forest. There was no color... No wind... Birds did not sing, grass did not rustle. However, he was wondering if this was affecting his powers. “Sorry about the rough landing Iyoku. I do not know what happened - I opened it on the ground.” He was sure he opened it on the ground - so what had happened? What caused his innate targeting abilities to be thrown off? He shook his head, his quills swaying with the movement.

Iyoku shrugged, simply saying, “I’ve been through worse before, but, I think your portal opened at the wrong height because of the time freeze here.” He warily watched the trees again, half expecting to see a Shadow Pokemon wandering about, “Time, Space and Dimension are closely linked, and if one fails, then it is only a matter of time before Space and Dimension collapse as well.” He started walking through the forest while finishing his explanation, “and since Time, Space and Dimension have all collapsed in the future as well as Nature’s balance being disrupted… Only those who are somehow able to harness energy from their own selves are able to use any attacks; otherwise… Energy – regardless of what form it takes – is unable to be summoned.”

“Yes, perhaps...” Nazo was closely related to space, since he used those powers. With time out of control here, his abilities had been affected. What other powers of his were not properly functioning? “At least I would not have to worry about my powers in the future - if what you said was true, mine will still work, since they rely on my own generation of negative Chaos energy.” Although, his powers would probably act a little crazy, regardless if he could use them or not. Of course, he could be wrong...There could be more to it than Iyoku was saying.

“Maybe,” Iyoku said, “But nonetheless, they still alter Space, which has collapsed in the future. I doubt your powers would work… I hope we never have to find out the hard way, though.” Continuing to walk, he was still wary of what the forest could contain, and his eyes constantly watched ahead and to the side of them to ensure that they could not be snuck up on. A small clearing appeared up ahead of them, and the grey hedgehog went towards it, only to stop and just stare at what he saw for a few moments before continuing. The creature would normally have short, yellow fur with brown stripes on the back, black-tipped ears, along with an unusually shaped tail, resembling a lightning bolt. However, due to the freeze of time in the forest, the Pikachu’s pelt was dim gray and black. Iyoku saw the terrified expression on its visage that had been permanently left there as a result of trying to escape before it became trapped in time. The Electric Type had failed, obviously. Hesitant for a few seconds, Iyoku took the Chaos Emerald he had received from Mesprit out of his bag, putting it near the Pokemon. The Emerald glowed faintly as it always did, but it could not restore the Pikachu. He shook his head and put the gem back in his bag before continuing on.

Nazo sighed - that was true. The fact that the Chaos Emerald had failed to restore the Pikachu also disappointed him. What a horrible fate... Never able to live, yet at the same time unable to die. To never see one's family again... For at least the second time in his life, his heart panged with grief as thoughts of his own family came to mind. Hastily, the hedgehog shook it from his mind. No... He is gone, and I should not dwell on the past. The future is at stake. Gazing at Iyoku, he couldn't recall if the young hedgehog had ever told him about his family. Then again, there was the chance Nazo had been focused on something else. Should I ask him?

Studying the foliage before them, Iyoku noticed something… Well, it wasn’t exactly odd, but it was different from what other life – or lack thereof – he had seen in the forest. After a few seconds however, it clicked to him. Those plants… They’re still alive. He looked the opposite way from the said shrubbery, his mind beginning to put the pieces together; When time stops, it begins in the centre and spreads outwards. And since time hasn’t stopped anywhere close to the outside of the forest, all I have to do is figure out which plants are ‘deader’ than the others. Finishing his inward conclusion, he knew he had to go where the forest was most silent, for that would be where the time had started to stop, and therefore where the Time Gear had been.

“What is it, Iyoku?” Nazo spoke quietly, for he couldn't bear to hear his voice so loud in the silent forest. His eyes trailed to the plants on both sides of their position and slowly, the realization Iyoku had experienced began to dawn on him also. “I see...” Muttering, he turned towards the frozen area of the forest. “We should get going. The Guardian of the Time Gear may be injured, or worse...” He didn't finish his sentence, for there was no need.

Iyoku only nodded before continuing even further into the deepest parts of the forest. The woods were different shades of black and grey all around them, dewdrops that had been slowly making their way off the leaves on different plants around them and had been about to hit the grassy ground below were frozen in time. The sky above the forest was black, with motionless grey clouds occasionally dotting it, while the sun itself was a dim shade of grey, its heat failing to reach the woods. However, Iyoku knew that the sun having been ‘frozen’ was merely an illusion; the air all around it was frozen though, making anything else that didn’t seem to be appear to have the same result. The scene was no doubt depressing; however, Iyoku was used to it, having been from a time period long after the entire planet had become paralyzed. To him, it seemed like any other ‘day’.

Nazo visibly became even more depressed as they travelled inwards, the darkness suffocating him. It was rather cold without the heat from the sun reaching the ground, and he did not like it. Not one bit. He couldn't imagine the entire world being like this, and it would surely drive him nuts if he had to live here. Plus, the sight of the frozen Pikachu lay etched in his mind, haunting him without relief. How many more must be lost?

A grim smile came over Iyoku’s face as he noticed Nazo’s demeanor. Looking the other hedgehog right in the eyes, “There’s nothing we can do about it at the present,” he reminded him, “But that’s why Celebi sent me back in time; to prevent a future that is this.” He returned to looking ahead, keeping an eye out for any clues as to where the Time Gear may have been, “I already said I wouldn't let this happen, and I won’t.” Continuing, he noticed a small clearing they were approaching that lay in the trees ahead. Could that be where the Time Gear was? He asked himself while quickening his footsteps.

Nazo blinked, grateful for Iyoku's support. “Yes, but it does not make it any less distressing.” He was thoughtful for a moment, before continuing. “Iyoku, you must get the Emeralds to the future. That is your time, not mine. If this thief is dangerous, if he truly is powerful... He may attempt to kill us.” He became silent as they approached the clearing, but cleared his throat to begin again. “If that happens, I want you to run. Understand this, Iyoku... I will give up my life without a second's thought to protect the future. As it is, I want you to take Lilac with you if that ever happens.” He didn't know why, but his instincts were screaming at him to say this now. He also had to admit - he was growing attached to the younger hedgehog.

Iyoku hesitated, silent before he nodded, and then was even quieter once they entered the dark grey clearing ahead of them. At the north end of the said clearing, there was a strange relic that seemed to have been made out of light. There was a small, circle-shaped space in the very centre of the hovering pattern that was – without a doubt – where the Time Gear had once been.
He was about to take a further step when a telepathic voice struck harshly out into the clearing; it sounded much like Mesprit’s had, but was more hostile and was male. <What do you want here… Leave at once before I incur my wrath and anger upon both of you!> After this was said, an object flew past the younger hedgehog at an astonishing speed, causing a vicious, massive gust of wind to whip by both Nazo and Iyoku.

Nazo took a step forward, also placing himself in front of Iyoku. “Guardian of the Time Gear, we mean you no harm. We came to investigate the time freeze, and to discover who stole the Time Gear so we may put a stop to it. Please, if you will show yourself so we could talk, there will be no need for violence.” His voice rang through the clearing, calm and light, hoping to ease the aggressor's fears. Unfortunately, he also realized he may have drawn attention to himself - what if this creature recognized who he was and decided not to trust his word? After what I did, I would not blame it...

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

<How do I know you are not tricking me like those that came before…?> The voice asked, albeit somewhat calmer but still no less threatening. It seemed to answer its own question, saying, <I do not sense any hostility from you, however…> it was silent for several more seconds before it finally spoke again. <Very well; we shall talk if that is what you wish.>

A dim, white light shone in front of the Time Gear shrine as the Pokemon made itself visible. His lower body was blue instead of red and bore the same triangle-shaped marking that his female counterpart had, only red. The rest of the Pokemon’s body was gray and it had somewhat flat ears and narrow, red eyes. The gray spot in the middle of the Dragon-Psychic Type’s blue face was shaped like a tear-drop. Iyoku blinked in surprise as he recognized the Eon Pokemon for what it was. “That’s... Latios.”

Nazo relaxed; his ear twitching as he heard Iyoku. “Thank you, Latios.” He spoke, looking around the clearing. “I am very sorry for what happened here. Were you able to identify the thief who stole the Time Gear that you so diligently guarded?” It was a touchy question - but by the way he had said “tricking me like those that came before”, he had a gut feeling that the thief had won by brains, not brawn.

The Legendary’s eyes narrowed further in annoyance; <Whoever they were… They used some kind of gigantor mecha to get at the Time Gear. Unfortunately, I was unable to identify them.>

Iyoku frowned; A gigantor mecha… that doesn’t give us much to go on, but I have a feeling I know the thief somehow. In the future, the only one who had any kind of real technology was Robotnik, but who knows what people possess here…

Nazo crossed his arms. “That poses a problem...” He muttered, another thought entering his mind. “Latios, Iyoku here has heard that a town on the other side of the mountain has also become trapped in time. Was that due...To the same person stealing a Time Gear?” He was trying to wrap his mind around everything, to get to the bottom of everything. He wasn't going to jump to conclusions yet, and hopefully Latios would be willing to help draw a bigger picture.

Latios stared at the ground, thinking of a reply to deliver. However, he started when he heard that time had stopped in the area across the mountains. He paused for a few seconds, grasping what the hedgehog had said, <A town on the opposite side of the mountains…> and then his eyes widened, <Latias!> Folding his arms into his body, he whipped past them at a rate that was far too fast for Iyoku to see at first, although, the minute the Dragon-Psychic Type had said his sister’s name, he had channeled a large amount of Aura into his shoes, swiftly catching up to the Pokemon.

Nazo gave a small yelp, wincing as wind crashed into his body. Turning on a dime, he took off in pursuit of the two, although he was too fast and disoriented, slamming - and splintering - a tree into pieces as he collided head first with it. The urge to cry out in pain rose as the wood struck his sensitive scar, but he held it in. He was somehow able to catch up to Iyoku and Latios without hitting any more unlucky plants. I would have liked it if they had given me some warning!

“Latios! Stop!” Iyoku had to shout to be heard above the wind, “You won’t be able to get through the blizzard that’s outside of this forest!” Latios’s eyes narrowed, and he began to fly further ahead, leaving both Nazo and Iyoku behind. Iyoku shook his head, but then he put on an enormous burst of speed and, running right in front of Latios, he channeled Aura through his gloves, resulting in him using the blunt, flat end of a pair of Shadow Claw attacks to stop the Legendary in his tracks. They ground to a halt, a small trench of torn up earth visible where Iyoku's feet had not relented in holding their ground.

Nazo slowed to a stop, staying in a hovering position above Iyoku. “Iyoku is right, Latios. It is best to wait for the storm to quell itself. Even a Legendary such as yourself cannot defeat mother nature. You know that. If Latias is just like you, he or she will be fine.” Nazo had suspicions that the two were related, due to Latios and Latias sounding so alike. Things like that were rarely a coincidence. The hedgehog dearly hoped the Legendary would listen, but usually love triumphed over reason.

Latios muttered something under his breath as he stared at the ground. Meanwhile, Iyoku frowned as he sat down on a stone seeing as he was a little drained from having to use such a large portion of his Aura. If they were to get back to the crystal shelter in the snowstorm, how did they know that the portal would drop them in the right place? It had made a small miscalculation when they had arrived in the time-frozen woods, and that was due to time being out of whack here. His thoughts wandered back to the book he had in his bag however, and an idea occurred to him. Time, Space and Dimension froze because of what happened in the future, and the respective artifacts restored it when placed somewhere, although the book had neglected to mention where exactly.

Nazo was thankful the Pokemon saw reason. One would have to be a fool to dash into that type of blizzard, and flying was perhaps the worst thing you could do. They needed to get back to the shelter, but Nazo didn't quite have the heart to leave Latios alone. He himself had never had a brother or a sister, and he could only wonder how hard the Legendary was taking it. He would've offered to take Latios along with them, but something told him he wouldn't take to it too kindly. He will have to wait, like the rest of us...While the world slowly grinds to a halt.

After pondering for a few short seconds, Iyoku asked, “Latios, do you have any idea of where the other Time Gears are?” the Pokemon looked at him questioningly. “If we can determine the locations of the other Time Gears… we should be able to have a clearer image of where the thief will strike next, we may be able to intercept – and possibly stop him from taking any others.”

Latios watched Iyoku carefully, but he knew the younger hedgehog was not trying to trick him. <Unfortunately…> he replied after thinking it over a few seconds, <No… I do not.> He frowned, <Of all the Guardians of the Balance, there is only one group who knows where each respective piece lies. They are the Guardians of the Urahara Shards or, as your kind may know them, the Monogatari Karei.>

Iyoku raised an eyebrow, a little surprised at the mention of the ancient race, “I thought they were wiped out…?”

Nazo blinked, curious. He found that his ears were pricked as he tried to understand what all of this was about. Many races have died out, due to nature or even other reasons. Why is this race so different? However, upon hearing mention of the Urahara Shards, he realized that they may very well have to contact them. Time is already collapsing. It will not be long before Space and Dimension follow. As for Nature... He shook himself slightly. We will have to stop it. There is no choice but to stop it. As the hedgehog snapped himself out of his thoughts, he returned his focus to Latios, listening intently.

<While it may have seemed that they had vanished from the Earth… There were two who were able to survive the many disasters that woke in the betrayal of one of their own.> He paused for a few seconds, recalling the events that had happened centuries prior. <Upon the top of a now-forgotten mountain, they were able to stop The Unthinkable from happening. However… It came at a price.> He shook his head after trying to dredge up further memories, and said, <I am afraid that is all I can tell you of the race; their history however… It runs deep within the pasts of both worlds now.>

Iyoku frowned, trying to recall what little he had been able to learn about the Monogatari Karei. He knew the name of their race literally translated to ‘Legendary Guardians’, therefore sufficiently proving their role in the world. But what if there was more to it than what the book or what Latios had told them?

“The Unthinkable?” Frankly, it wasn't quite so unthinkable when you found yourself thinking about it. Nazo approached Latios, a light yet serious look crossing his face. “Latios, can you recall where they might be now? They will be vitally important in stopping the collapse of Time and Dimension.” I really do not know about Nature, but as for Space... We are already on it. If we were to get the Monogatari Karei on our side, it would cut the time needed to find everything in half. While they searched for the Time Gears and Urahara Shards, we could locate the Chaos Emeralds and Etai Orbs, if we even attempt to find those. All of this information was making his head hurt.

Latios hesitated, and then shook his head. <No. not a single Pokemon – Legendary or not – knows where they are now. Not even the Original One or Uxie. What is known however; is that they are able to keep their locations hidden with their own power and abilities and know the whereabouts of each piece that makes up reality.>

Iyoku’s eyes widened slightly, “Keep hidden solely by the use of their own abilities?” he was astonished, he’d never heard of anything or anyone so elusive in his life.

Nazo sighed. “If only there was a way to lure them out. If we cannot find them, they will have to find us.” The hedgehog folded his arms, his aura flickering to reflect his unease. How can we draw them out? The Time Gears are being stolen... If we could find one, they may come. If we found a Urahara Shard, it would probably be better... He knew how hard it could be to find one who did not want to be found - he himself belonged to that group. Perhaps an Aura powerful enough will draw them out... This was all speculation - but nothing would ever have been accomplished if no one chased the rumors.

Latios’s eyes narrowed, <You may find various methods to use… However, do not make a foul impression on them. It is hard enough to gain their trust as it is with them being so few in number. Their powers are also far beyond that of any Legendary because their race has been in existence since the dawn of time. If they threaten to attack, do not take it lightly, for they will.>

Iyoku stared at the ground, thinking. “Latios said that they do anything to prevent the Balance from being disrupted, and that they have powers beyond any Legendary…” he trailed off for a few seconds. If they really were that powerful, and depending on the type – for he knew that they were part Pokemon – they could easily manipulate that which they were connected to.

Nazo nodded. “Yes, of course. I do not blame them for being so mistrusting - however, luring them may be our only option. If they know the Time Gear here was stolen, they may already be on their way. If we created another disturbance here, they would have more reason to come here. With you here, Latios, that should help calm the situation slightly.” With that, he fell silent once more, pondering to himself what disturbances they could make. My Aura of Negative Chaos energy is strong, but it needs to be stronger to attract enough attention here... Unfortunately, I have no idea how to increase it. He cursed to himself silently. I feel so helpless!

Iyoku was still thinking to himself, trying to rack his mind for an explanation, when Latios said something further. <Due to their age, they have a tremendously strong connection with the Earth. Do not be surprised if weather anomalies begin to occur.>

Iyoku blinked, watching as Latios Teleported out of sight. “Weather anomalies…?” he thought, puzzled for a few seconds. And then it suddenly dawned on him, “The blizzard! What if one of them is causing it?”

Nazo blinked. “Perhaps, but it will be very hard to find them in that blizzard. The chances that they are causing it seems to be high, however. I would say it is worth a shot or two.” He couldn't help but feel it was a shot in the dark, into the abyss to never be seen again. “I suggest we exit this time frozen forest for my teleporting abilities to correct themselves.” After what had happened, he wouldn't be surprised if Iyoku was eager to follow his advice. We have to find the Monogatari Karei - even if it means travelling in a snow-covered wasteland.

“Agreed,” Iyoku said, and without another further word or statement, he turned, heading towards the outer fringes of the forest. When we get to the mountains… no, even before then, I’ll go into one of the towns and see what I can get. He frowned; something tells me that we’ll be in for a very harsh time up there… Not to mention the fact that it’s never cold in the future doesn’t help either.

Nazo padded silently after Iyoku, noting how the young hedgehog seemed lost in thought. Quietly, barely louder than a whisper, he spoke; “What is the matter Iyoku? You seem more troubled than usual.” Then again... With the fact we have to find some ancient beings, I would be a little lost in thought too. The bitter cold that they would face was not helpful either. Nazo had been in blizzards before, so he knew firsthand what damage it could do. The biting cold cuts through the fur, chilling one to the bone and numbing the skin. As said before, they also make one lose their sense of direction...One could die a few inches from shelter and never know it was there. We will have to stick close together, or our mission - and the world - will be doomed.

Iyoku had heard Nazo’s question and was about to answer when something reached his ears. As they pricked attentively, he stopped, looking behind them. Nothing but black foliage surrounded them, but then he noticed a patch of light blue vanish quickly behind a tree. He took a cautious step back, trying to see what had darted behind the time-frozen plant. After a few minutes, a small head poked out from the side of the tree. It seemed to resemble a kitten, and had long tufts of blue fur that were partially covered by large, oval shaped ears with star markings on them. Shortly after it saw Iyoku had spotted it however, the head retreated back behind the trees, followed by a small yelp as the Pokemon lost its balance and tumbled out from behind the tree, revealing it to be a Shinx. It shook its head to clear its eyes of what little dirt it had gotten in them, and then watched the two hedgehogs with wary yellow irises.

Nazo never even jumped at this unexpected intrusion, only staring in bewilderment at the Pokemon. He racked his brain for what it might be, only being able to come up with an oddly-colored lion cub. The Shinx had been able to lift his spirits up a little - even in this place, seemingly devoid of life, there were breathing creatures still around. Seeing no other reason to stay around, Nazo began to walk past Iyoku and the Electric Type, heading towards the outskirts of the forest.

Iyoku frowned, not noticing Nazo continuing to the outskirts of the woods. The Pokemon seemed far too young to be on its own as of yet, and the parents could be nearby. Unless… they somehow became separated and later trapped in time. Studying the Shinx, Iyoku saw that it was barely even a month old. Definitely too young to be without his parents. After a few seconds, the Shinx looked back at him and seemed to ask, albeit not aloud, if he could go with them. The grey hedgehog nodded slightly, and watched as the Pokemon scrambled to its feet and began to follow him. He was rather jumpy, and was watching the forest at the side of the small, worn path they were walking on. After a few such startles, Iyoku asked the Flash Pokemon if he would rather stay in a Poke Ball and after an explanation of what the said device was, he agreed to go inside one. At least, until he could be regrouped with his parents.

Nazo merely casted a glance backwards to see if Iyoku was following, and also took note of their new recruit. Up ahead, the end of the forest had come into view. We must have chased Latios farther than we originally thought. Stopping briefly at the outskirts, he could see that a noticeable line existed where time stopped and began. Taking a step forward, he shivered as the blizzard slammed into his body, cutting through his fur and piercing his skin wherever the black cloak did not cover. It was invigorating, what with the wind playfully tugging at his pelt and the soft muffled sound that existed all around. He dared not go any farther without Iyoku, instead opening another rift in space to their humble little shelter. He then waited for the other hedgehog to catch up, ignoring the cold that was now painfully nipping at his heels.

Nearly freezing in the winds that occurred upon the minute he caught up to Nazo, Iyoku almost ran straight through the rift that led back to the shelter. As it was, however, the minute he arrived back in the small cavern, he muttered several words under his breath – most of which involved the cold and the cursing of it – and he took a few extra steps forward, seeming a little surprised that the portal had indeed opened on the ground this time. After setting his bag where it had been before, Iyoku sat down and watched the snow – that was still swirling crazily – that lay beyond the entrance to their crystal shelter.

Nazo emerged a few seconds later, trying hard to stifle his laughter at Iyoku's little dash for warmth. He was also pleased that his powers were working properly again, evidenced by the small amount of pride sparkling in his eyes. Closing the rift, he plopped himself down on the other side, suddenly feeling tired. It must be the middle of the night. This was an estimate, since the blizzard blocked out the moon, and even the sun if it happened to be morning. They needed to get some sleep for their journey. They were going to have to travel through this horrid storm, because if they waited for it to clear, the Monogatari Karei that had caused it would most likely be gone.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:34 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Lol, I forgot Nazo was wearing a black cloak for this part XD

*Breaks out into singing, "Secret Agent Hog"*

....Lord, I just went deaf 0o
Old 08-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Heheh, he could get a job as the next double-oh-seven XD

That would be interesting to say the least; think of the mile-long blooper reel if they ever made a movie XD

Old 08-27-2009, 06:47 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

That poor Pikachu! DX You guys better fix that time thing! >.<
And the Monogatari get their first fic reference since the Experiment. XD Sounds like Naomi might be making a nice mess of things.
It's good so far. Keep it coming. ^^

Typo killing time! ^^

Quote:
On the plus side” - Nazo smirked once more - ”Since I have been to that forest, I can open a portal directly there, and back.”
That is a continuation of a thought, "since" shouldn't be capitolized. Also, replace the hyphens with commas.

Quote:
Hesitant at first, Iyoku muttered, “this had better not turn out like my last trip,” before he quickly walked through the portal,
Quote:
Iyoku’s eyes widened slightly, “keep hidden solely by the use of their own abilities?” he was astonished,
And those are the start of a thought, so they are capitolized. ^^'

Quote:
The fact that the Chaos Emerald had also failed to restore the Pikachu also disappointed him.
Cut out the first "also."

And I'm working on that project you gave me, Shell.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

It'll be fixed...eventually ^^'
And I'm interested as to how that map will turn out XD

*Very slight spoiler* I am not the only one with control over those said elements, Kris.

Yeah, this is where the story really starts to pick up >:3

Old 08-28-2009, 04:07 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

It better get fixed.
And like I said, it'll be a bit different than what I made for Scy. You sure there isn't anything else specific you want on there? (send a pm if you think of something ^^)

Aww, man! I was thinking you were behind all that. XD
Old 08-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

I can't think of anything specific at the moment, actually
If you want though, you can label some of the towns on the map; most will be in ruins though.

Although, Mitsumae and I will be behind something else; however, Nazo will not like it XD

~

Chapter Seven

Later on that day… or night… or whatever time it happened to be – Iyoku had trouble keeping track of the hours because of the snowstorm – the grey hedgehog was still reading through the book that had given him the hint about the pieces of reality. Nazo was likely sleeping by now, as Iyoku should have been, but the ten-year-old simply could not sleep.
Which was rather strange, given that he had used a somewhat large amount of Aura when they were in the woods and he’d stopped Latios from going out in the blizzard by using Shadow Claw. Either way, he thought, I can’t sleep, so there’s no use trying. Not that he hadn’t tried, but he had just been unable to. He shrugged inwardly; in a nutshell, he simply just wasn’t tired.

Iyoku had been right - Nazo was sound asleep, the cloak serving as a rather comfortable blanket. He was leaned up against the sides of the shelter, his breathing soft and even. Even in his sleep, however, his mind was active. It was busy going over the past few days' events, sorting and discarding memories that were not needed. As for any dreams, Nazo only dreamt of the starry skies falling softly on a calm beach shore, the wind calm as it brushed over the sand.

Flipping through the pages of the book once more, Iyoku paused as he came across another section about the Time Gears. Something in his mind urged him to read it, and so he did, making sure to store everything in his memory as he did. As Chaos Emeralds can be used to warp through space, it makes sense that they are its representatives. And, adding to the puzzle, Time Gears can possibly work the same way, allowing the user to warp through time…So… he came to a conclusion ...If they can be used to warp through their respective elements…That may explain how Robotnik can still be alive in the future… And if that’s the case, he must be the one taking the Time Gears in this era. He rolled his eyes; Why didn’t I think of that before?

Nazo opened one eye to glance at Iyoku. “You should get some rest, Iyoku. We cannot afford for any of us to get sick, and I will not give any 'piggyback' rides.” While he sounded serious, his voice had the faintest hint of humor in it, which only the keenest of ears would be able to decipher. How long had he slept? Probably not very long, he thought to himself, I am still rather tired.

Iyoku snorted, “Easier said than done when I can’t get to sleep,” he said, “I’ve tried already and – obviously - failed miserably.” He returned his attention to the book he had been reading before, but a barely visible frown came upon his face as thoughts flew across his mind on what could happen if one tried to fuse the Time Gears, Chaos Emeralds or Urahara Shards together.

Nazo blinked slightly, both eyes focused on Iyoku with a tired yet attentive gaze. “All right then, tell me what is on your mind.” What could be the matter? Iyoku seemed to be wide awake despite the fact he had not had any sleep. He is going to be exhausted when we journey to the mountains. Of course, when were they going to even start?

Hesitating a few seconds, Iyoku said, “I’ve been thinking, and it seems that, according to this book… The seven fragments of the Shards as well as the Chaos Emeralds and the Time Gears can be fused together. Although it doesn't mention how to do so…” He paused for a few seconds, “And I think that could be how Robotnik’s still around.”

Nazo raised an eyebrow. “Fused...Together?” A small shiver ran through his body as he recalled his fusion with the evil Elder Kurai. It had been unpleasant, to say the least. “It seems they are not supposed to be fused together, or else they would not be separated.” His ears pricked upon hearing Robotnik. “Robotnik? There is a villain by that name around here. Although, many just call him Doctor Eggman. How he has not had a heart attack from his weight is beyond anyone's guess.” Could they be one and the same?

Iyoku snickered at the last statement, but soon frowned again. “It’s said that the pieces of reality are scattered and hidden to prevent the world from collapsing in on itself…” he trailed off, recalling what had happened in the future. “There are lots of Shadow Pokemon under Robotnik’s command; enough to make a small army as well as population control…But for the most part, they have no real leader.” He muttered quietly, trying to put the pieces together.

Nazo nodded. “Yes. These Shadow Pokemon seem to be a problem. We are fortunate none have appeared here, at least not yet.” Glancing outside, the storm still raged viciously, whipping past their shelter at speeds too fast to guess. “Iyoku, if we want to have any hope of finding the Monogatari Karei, we must leave while the storm still rages.” He wondered briefly about the time of day, but it didn't really matter.

The grey hedgehog shook his head, “Shadow Pokemon won’t appear for a while,” he said. I hope. Looking outside, he seemed to be thinking the same thing as Nazo had just said, but then he hit upon something that could be a problem. “That may be true, but… How are we going to know if we’re going in the right direction?”
He had a feeling he had a point there; if it was blowing too much to even see outside the shelter, how would they ever know where to go and avoid any settlements?

Nazo sighed. “Well, perhaps...” An idea suddenly struck him. “Iyoku, we can use the two Chaos Emeralds to locate the suspected one in the mountains. They are connected, so no matter what they will detect each other.” Raising his hand, he rubbed his forehead, a minor headache annoying him. I must have underslept.

“That could work,” Iyoku said, getting up and taking another cloak out of his bag. Putting it on, he was glad he had gotten another one when Koutei had come to warn him about the incoming blizzard. He hadn’t known at the time that they would have to travel through it, so he was grateful he’d had the luck to buy one in the first place. He also took out the red Chaos Emerald, handing it to Nazo while he himself took the green one. He didn’t think Nazo knew that the green was one from the future, and he did not want to know what would happen if they came into contact. Closing up his bag, he put it on under his cloak so as to avoid it getting covered in snow, and watched the blizzard wail loudly outside the shelter. This will be… Interesting, to say the least.

Nazo took the emerald, feeling it pulse as it resignated with his own Chaos energy. “I will lower the shelter so no one will know we were here. We must stay close, and if the snow becomes too deep I will call out Lilac to melt it away.” With that single statement, he focused, and the walls of the shelter began to lower back into the ground where he had called them from. As soon as the barrier was down, however, the storm was able to reach them. When it did, it hit them full force.

Iyoku shuddered as the cold hit, and drew his cloak tighter, muttering, “I hate winter already and I haven’t been in it two seconds…” with that finally out of his head, he looked at the Chaos Emerald he had, the dim light barely shining through the snow. It was a good thing he and Nazo were both wearing black cloaks or neither would be able to see the other.

Nazo glanced down at the emerald he held, concentrating. The prescence of the one next to him was easy to identify, but there was a slightly faint one Northward. He gestured at Iyoku, pointing in the general direction, before beginning to walk that way, the snow crunching under his feet. It wasn't as deep as he suspected, but that was most likely because it was a flat plain, and the snow was being blown away just as fast as it was accumulating. It would get worse the closer they became to the mountains. Following, Iyoku kept an eye on their surroundings as well; he wanted to make sure that they didn’t stumble into a town by accident, that wouldn’t be good at all, even if the inhabitants were going to be inside their homes. He had to admit that even though it was very cold out, the patterns the snow made in the barely visible sky were something to see. The thought crossed his mind that the snow would be much deeper in the mountains – as had Nazo figured – but he also hoped that it wouldn’t be as windy.

Nazo, although still walking, turned to look at Iyoku, a faint grin on his face. “So Iyoku, how do you like the snow?” Despite it being horribly cold, he was in a good mood, possibly due to the fact he had been born during the winter. He winced with every breath he took because of the fact that cold air aggravates a headache - and his had risen to a horrible crescendo of throbs. He likened it to a jackhammer drilling away at one's head...Which was very painful, if you could imagine.

The grey hedgehog could only glare exasperatedly at Nazo before he delivered his reply, “Well what do you think…” he muttered, trying to keep from shivering. Being used to forty to fifty degree Celsius weather at the very least, he knew he definitely disliked the cold for all it was worth. And likely always would. He kept muttering more things under his breath, mostly – again – cursing the cold and most anything else that was unfortunate enough to cross his irritated mind.

Nazo chuckled, shaking his head. “Too bad. It is much better when it is not a blizzard. I remember throwing snowballs at my grandfather.” His grin turned into a smile, a sight just as rare as his laughter. “Good times.” Unfortunately, he also remembered the day his only family died, which effectively erased the smile from his face, instead replacing it with a frown. Nazo suddenly realized just how much he missed having a family - but he also knew he would never get a new one.

“I suppose so,” Iyoku said, still not fully convinced. He noticed the sudden frown come upon the other hedgehog's face, and he figured that he'd remembered the day his grandfather had passed away. I suppose it's harder to live with it if you still have memories of what it was like... Iyoku couldn't say he knew how Nazo felt however, because he didn't even remember his parents. He had been living on his own for as long as he could remember. Well, that was partially untrue, but that was when... He shook his head slightly in an attempt to get rid of the memory that had lodged itself in his thoughts. Looking at the emerald he held, he noticed its green shine was increasing little by little. Iyoku increased his pace, wanting to get to the emerald that was in the mountains as soon as he could.

Despite the small movement, the sky blue hedgehog's keen eyes caught Iyoku shake his head, and curiosity made Nazo temporarily forget his own depression. “What is wrong Iyoku? I am not making you depressed with the talk of cold, am I?” He hesitated for a slight moment when another wave of pain rippled through his head, but just like before he was able to push it out of his mind. These blasted headaches are unusual...They are too strong. He shrugged inwardly - no use complaining if you can't do anything about it, right?

“Er… No, I’m just not used to it is all,” Iyoku said, barely having heard Nazo’s inquiry. Noticing that he had been rubbing his head earlier, Iyoku reached in his bag – being careful to avoid getting snow on anything – and took out a large, hard yellow berry that was round with several small green rings on it. Handing it to Nazo, he said, “If you have a headache, you should eat this; I’m warning you right now though, Aspear Berries are very sour.”

Blinking, Nazo gratefully accepted the berry. “I will admit, these headaches are growing worse. I think I may be falling ill, due to the fact I am not quite feeling like myself.” Taking a bite, he found his eyes were watering in his effort to not pucker. He was surprised by the immediate effect of the berry - his headache dulled; still there but considerably less painful. “Thank you, Iyoku.”

The grey hedgehog shrugged, “It’s nothing,” he said, returning his eyes to the fields ahead of them – or what little of them he could see anyway. Staring through the snow, Iyoku thought he saw the black outline of one of the mountains. We may be getting closer but it could just as easily be several hundred feet away. If only this snow could clear up even a little.
Upon hearing that Nazo could be falling ill however, he frowned, trying to think of what the cause could be.

Nazo found himself snorting at what Iyoku said. “Nothing? Iyoku, very few have ever shown me kindness. Most just want me dead.” He then returned his attention towards the mountains, their faint outline barely visible against the snow pelting down on them. Just as quick as they appeared, the blizzard hid them from view once more - only for them to appear a few seconds later. It was as if the wind was too fickle to decide if it should reveal the massive boundary that lay hidden. A grim smile crossed Iyoku’s face at what Nazo had said before he resumed his neutral expression. He had to admit that the older hedgehog had a point, but it could just be that Iyoku himself was tired of seeing death. Unfortunately, it was a very common thing in the future and he had been one of the lucky few to witness it rather than experience it. Although, he wasn’t altogether sure if he should consider himself as being lucky.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Nazo stopped, noticing that the snow was becoming steadily deeper. “We are getting close to the base, it seems.” He wondered if he should call Lilac out now, or go on as far as they could before doing so. He didn't really want to call her out in this horrid weather, because if they were suffering, he could only wonder how his four-legged companion would handle it.

A slight frown on his face, Iyoku knew that Lilac would not like the cold – she would dislike it even more than they did now – pausing as he saw the snow getting deeper, he had an idea. He channeled some of his Aura to his feet and a small, barely visible thin blue outline appeared on his shoes, curved downwards slightly and facing the snow. He tested it some, and found that his improvised snowshoes worked rather well, and would prevent him from sinking more than a few inches into the ground; he would be fine without having to melt the snow now - granted, he wasn't quite sure how it worked, but he wasn't complaining. Looking at Nazo, he asked, “Aren’t you just able to make a crystal walkway across it or something?”

Nazo nodded. “Yes, but I must not be careful not to overdo it. My abilities drain energy a bit more than you would think.” Narrowing his eyes, he focused, putting much of his energy into his feet. Taking a step forward, just as his feet touched the ground a small circle of crystal formed, creating a stepping stone of sorts. Nazo was clearly pleased by this - he enjoyed being able to use his powers for different purposes other than fighting.

Continuing on, Iyoku’s thoughts wandered to where the Chaos Emerald could be in this snowy wasteland. They hadn’t even reached the mountains yet however, so he had a feeling that it would be a while before they reached it. That settled, he began thinking about the Monogatari Karei. If they truly are causing the blizzard, he thought, They should definitely be powerful enough to keep the Urahara Shards safe… So why do I still feel uneasy?

Nazo followed Iyoku at a steady pace, thinking quietly about everything he had learned. Pokemon were strange creatures, that was for sure...But creatures with that much power...Could the most powerful Pokemon be trusted? Sure, he trusted Lilac, but he wondered...Were Pokemon ever tempted to gain more power? I surely hope not. They could easily cause havoc around the world. He shook this feeling off, knowing that for every evil Pokemon, there were at least one-hundred more who would stop them.

Seeing something flash briefly in front of him before vanishing again, Iyoku stopped, watching where he could have sworn he saw something move. Quickly looking down to the ground at his feet, he tried to see if he could identify any footprints, but whatever – or whoever – had been there a second ago left no trace of it. Nothing but snow was sifting through the air and across the ground ahead of him, making him wonder if he really had seen anything to begin with. No… It was definitely there, he thought, I saw a flash of icy blue, but it was gone before I could identify it; what caused it?

Nazo stopped next to Iyoku, gazing in weariness at the landscape before them. “What is it, Iyoku? Did you see something?” He was uneasy, but it was probably due to seeing Iyoku nervous. A shiver coursed through his body, but from his illness. He finally thought he knew what it was. Dang head cold... I cannot believe I am falling ill to this! He wondered how much farther they had to go to find shelter, but it would probably not be for a while.

Iyoku waited a few seconds before answering Nazo's question, “Well... I suppose I did see something... But whatever it is, it's gone now.” he looked further to the horizon, and saw the mountains for a few short moments. They were still a ways off, but definitely closer than before. That would also explain why – although it was not noticeable to them as of yet – that the snow was getting deeper.

“Perhaps,” Nazo spoke up, “It was a Pokemon seeking shelter, much as we are. I am sure it would bring no harm to us, for it has more important things on its mind. Survival.” The hedgehog began to step forward once more, his body numb from the cold, yet he felt surprisingly warm. Hypothermia, perhaps. Shaking it from his mind, he continued on his trek, heading slowly up towards the mountains.

Probably, Iyoku thought to himself. However, there was one thing he hadn’t been able to shake from his mind, and that was the strange Aura he’d sensed during the split second that whatever had come had been near. Either way, there’s nothing that can be done about it. With that thought, he followed Nazo, continuing up the mountains.

The sky blue hedgehog turned his head to gaze at Iyoku, while he continued to walk. “You know...You still need to teach me how to fight with Pokemon.” He thought back to the battle with Fang, the Seviper and former mate of Sevi. I still cannot shake the feeling that there was something else causing that Pokemon's actions... “Lilac told me what to do. It was more of a fluke than anything. It is odd to rely on another to do the work, but then again...She wanted to fight.” He wondered back to the talk of TMs, but he knew he wouldn't understand it until he could figure out type match ups.

Iyoku snorted, almost laughing, “Well, all I’ll say is that you have a lot to learn even if it’s just about battling.” Bringing the list of types to his mind, he finished, “There are seventeen types of Pokemon that are based on the elements, and most are dual types that add to not only their strengths, but their weaknesses as well.” He thought, however, that it would be a better idea to wait until they had some kind of shelter above their heads before he actually taught type matchups and the like.

Nazo blinked. “Seriously, why can they not just stick to Chaos? It is a pain to try and remember everything.” Even though he tried to act annoyed, the hedgehog was – surprisingly – joking. He was in an unusually cheerful mood, despite being cold and ill. Perhaps the blizzard was messing with his brain, perhaps not. At this point however, Nazo was sure that trying to memorize everything would make his mind fizzle, however improbable that was.

He didn’t know how much longer they’d had to travel – likely several more hours – before he thought he was hallucinating for a second, but all Iyoku saw in front of him was grey and black mixed in with the blowing snow. He shook his head, trying to clear it of the mirage, but nonetheless, it remained in front of his eyes. Muttering something under his breath, he chose that moment to look up, and therefore gaped at what he saw. The grey matter in front of them had been no illusion, but was the mountains. Towering high enough to reach into the clouds, they were some of the tallest structures the grey hedgehog had seen in his life.

Nazo blinked, exhausted but grateful that they had found the mountains. Their peaks were long since lost in the sky, obscured by the same storm that had hidden them from view. Just as he reached out to touch the gigantic stones, he froze as a wave of pain buzzed through his head, and he closed his eyes in a futile attempt to get rid of it. He felt horribly ill all of a sudden, and realized he was also beginning to sweat, which was lethal in cold like this. The only word he was able to mutter was Iyoku's name, before his legs buckled underneath him and he collapsed in a heap in the snow, the only visible part of him being the black cloak he wore.

The grey hedgehog started when he turned to ask Nazo why he'd said his name, but he quickly made his way to him once he saw the sky blue hedgehog had collapsed in the snow. He knelt down, checking his pulse and was relieved to find that Nazo's heart was still going. This is not good, he thought, knowing panicking would do no good at the moment, We have to find a shelter, quickly! He frowned however, knowing that he wouldn't be able to get anyone to a shelter on his own. Taking a Poke Ball out of his bag, he called out Yaiba – the one who would be able to take the cold in the best manner - and took Nazo's bag, putting it on his own shoulders. The Absol knelt down so that Iyoku would be able to get the older hedgehog onto his back, and then the two started walking; Iyoku with a small amount of difficulty while Yaiba's intensely furred claws preventing him from sinking into the ground. The snow seemed to be blowing about more swiftly, and rendered their vision almost to only three feet in front of them. Iyoku shook his head, “This... We won't be able to get anywhere in this storm,” he muttered. However, just as he said this, something – a four-legged silhouette – appeared in front of them, becoming visible through the snow.

The creature was as tall as Iyoku himself was, and bore a white fur coat while it seemed to be wearing a light blue sherpa cap with two long 'bangs' of the same color that flowed elegantly from the head. The ears, tail and cap endings of the Ice Type were rhombus shaped and were a dark navy blue in color. The shiny Glaceon's dark blue eyes studied them before the Pokemon turned away, and motioned in a direction with its head before looking back at them.

<She wants us to follow her,> Yaiba said.

Iyoku hesitated briefly but then nodded, and they both proceeded to trail the Pokemon through the snowstorm as best they could, wondering what was to come next. Iyoku knew they had to find shelter soon; their lives would depend on it.

Nazo was only faintly aware of being lifted - pain and cold had clouded his mind. He was humiliated for his weakness, and would have struggled to stand if he had any energy left. In this case however, he had none. His headache worsened further whenever he tried to put the puzzle together, but he was able to make one realization before his mind drifted back into darkness; this was no head cold. With that final thought, unconsciousness claimed its first victim, coming in a shroud that enveloped the poor hedgehog but at least putting his pain on temporary retreat.

Continuing to follow the odd-colored Glaceon, Iyoku suddenly recalled where he had seen that particular shade of blue before. It had been that time when, several hours earlier, he had thought he’d seen something in the driving winds. Has she been following us the whole time? He wondered. Before he could put any further thought into it however, a large structure made itself visible ahead of them. Made out of crumbling stone, the ruins were of an ancient building and seemed to also be a tunnel that led further into the mountains. It was a good shelter, fortunately. Walking inside, the grey hedgehog set both of their bags on the stony floor before taking two of the blankets out of his bag and then gestured to Yaiba to come and lay Nazo on them. After he had done so, Iyoku put another pair of blankets overtop and then took a large plank of wood out of his bag. It was a good thing he had picked up some extra firewood as well before he had left the town. Snapping it into several pieces, he laid them on the ground – away from any moss that had grown – and Yaiba promptly lit them with a weak Flamethrower.

Iyoku turned around to get the pot out of his bag while also going to thank the Ice Type for leading them here, but she had vanished as easily as she had appeared. He scanned the surrounding snowy woods for a few seconds before shrugging inwardly and taking the large pot out of his bag and filled it halfway with snow. After this, he placed the grate over the fire and set the pot overtop the said grate and then waited for the snow to melt. However, before he sat down himself, he took a cloth out of his bag, and after putting a small amount of snow on it to melt into water, he put it on Nazo’s forehead to help ease the possible headache that he might still have and cool off his overly warm body temperature.

Lilac could sense something was wrong, even from the interior of her Poke Ball. Scrabbling against the restraints of the device, she finally burst through in a flash of light, appearing on the stony shelter's cracked floor. Shaking herself, she shivered as she felt the cold air. She realized they must have been in the mountains, but was surprised the blizzard was still going. Turning, she yelped when she saw Nazo under the blankets, clearly in pain.

Lilac trembled, but was still able to turn to face Iyoku. <Wh-what happened to him?!? What's wrong?!?> She was filled with distraught, and even her telepathic voice carried her worry.

Iyoku frowned before he made his reply, “I’m not entirely sure myself… But he passed out a while ago now. He definitely has a fever or some other illness. I don’t have much of an idea of what it could be, though.” He frowned, checking inside his bag to keep a stock of their supplies. He knew it was possible that they could be stuck here a while and had no intention of starving to death while doing so.
He shook his head as he noticed they were a bit low on berries and the like. He sighed because he realized what had to be done, and took out another Poke Ball, this time releasing Koutei. Speaking, he addressed both the Absol and the Staraptor; “Yaiba, Shourai, are you two able to keep warm enough in the storm out there?” The two Pokemon thought briefly before nodding, and then Iyoku said, “Alright then, I think you know what needs to be done.” Without a further word, the two made their way outside and into the skies and forest to do one thing: hunt. He quickly checked the pot and saw about half of the snow had melted before he returned his attention to Nazo. He’d heard that people sometimes woke from comas when others spoke to them; would it really work or was it another myth?

Lilac whimpered, padding over to Nazo and laying down next to him. <Iyoku... We have to do something... He's burning up!> She was frightened, and had a terrible feeling that this was more than a simple fever. But... She couldn't do anything. How could he have fallen ill - he was supposed to be powerful! Another whine rumbled from her throat, and she laid her head down in misery. Nazo was only unconscious, and yet she was already lonely.

Taking the cloth off Nazo’s head, he soaked it in the pot of cold water and took it out, wringing it until it was damp and then put it back on the other hedgehog’s forehead. Sitting down opposite the Houndour, he said, “I don’t think we can do much at the moment. The best thing to do would be to keep an eye on him and… well, be ready if he needs anything else.” He was almost as worried as Lilac herself was, but he knew it wouldn’t do any good; therefore he didn’t show it as easily as she did. I wonder if trying to talk to him would help… he thought, and after a few seconds, he began telling aloud different stories that he had read over the years.

Lilac nodded, swiveling her head back to gaze at her trainer. She started slightly when Iyoku began to randomly tell stories, but soon found herself drawn into them, listening with ears pricked. Every so often, she would look back at Nazo, but still he did not move. She wondered if he even heard what was being said. Whimpering again, she pressed her muzzle against his side, ignoring how warm he was. Her sharp eyes caught the faintest of twitches, a small movement of his arm. She didn't know if it was because she had touched him, or if it was an involuntary reaction of his body fighting off the mystery disease. Either way, it filled her with small hope.

Last edited by Michelle8936; 06-28-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:32 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron
Default Re: >Eternity of Time< Chapter Seven Up!

*Looks at Naomi while trailing hand in a circle above his head, creating sparkles of "meteor dust"* Joy to the world.

We so ebil >:3
Old 08-29-2009, 04:21 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

You're right! Kris doesn't like it! >.< *being held back by Helio*

Calm down. You know you were too into the story to even pick out typos.

So what!? Grassy, I'm gonna beat you over the head with a rusty spoon! DX

*whispers out of ear-shot* Despite the attitude, she liked it. =^-^=

This doesn't get the typos off the hook! I'm still gonna get'em! DX
Old 08-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Michelle8936 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
*Looks at Naomi while trailing hand in a circle above his head, creating sparkles of "meteor dust"* Joy to the world.

We so ebil >:3
That will be fun >:3

Oh yeah, totally XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
So what!? Grassy, I'm gonna beat you over the head with a rusty spoon! DX
Best threat ever XD
I think I'll sig that XDDD

Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

It'd make a better threat if it was a wooden spoon xD

MOAR NEW CHAPTOR!