Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

Default This to That: 2 Weeks

Okay. So I have a, well basically, pool party to go to. I have been losing weight all summer but it all comes down to this party. In is on Aug 1st, I think, two weeks from today.

And I have to get this... To look like this.

Needless to say. Exercise boot camp begins today. Wish me luck. And make sure I don't waste all my time here instead of exercising.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:52 PM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT
Default Re: This to That: 2 Weeks

It's impossible. I haven't even seen that big change after 2 years of football and all the associated weightlifting and running. I'd suggest you just focus on getting your stomach flat.

If you're really up to it though, go to www.bodybuilding.com and look up as many different excercises as you can that will work your abs. And you're gonna want to run too, it helps immensely, and can give you sexy calves lol

Old 07-18-2009, 02:55 PM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

Oh no. I agree i am mainly working abs right now. But actually I haven't been excersizing and eating less so my muscles are actually usually bigger.

Will do though thanks for the advice.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:15 PM
spid3r Offline
Banned

Won't happen. You can use P90X though. In 90 days you can almost look that cut. I used it a while back in early spring got me real cut. Pretty expensive, but it works.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Vaughn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 9)

Send a message via AIM to Vaughn Send a message via Yahoo to Vaughn

Good luck...to wahtever strentgh, fat-lessening program you're going to.

Hit me up on AIM: neuroticnero

vpp | urpg | pol
Old 07-18-2009, 07:31 PM
DaRkUmBrEoN Offline
M.D.

Send a message via AIM to DaRkUmBrEoN Send a message via Yahoo to DaRkUmBrEoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugoix View Post
Wish me luck. And make sure I don't waste all my time here instead of exercising.
Good luck, and we could ban you if it becomes a problem.
Other than that, eat less fats and more proteins, though don't overdo it or you'll get other problems.

Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.
Where an old man of Aran goes around and around
Old 07-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

I recommend doing dips. One of my friends did that for a while, and he was referred to the person who had the best abs in the class. And I mean the whole "Class of 2012" class at my school, which includes all 400+ people.

Make sure to run, because cardio is important for every workout. Diet is also a necessity, and plenty of rest is advisable. Two weeks won't get you to that good a body, but it will get you on your way.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:48 AM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to MustangGT Send a message via AIM to MustangGT Send a message via Yahoo to MustangGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
I recommend doing dips. One of my friends did that for a while, and he was referred to the person who had the best abs in the class. And I mean the whole "Class of 2012" class at my school, which includes all 400+ people.

Make sure to run, because cardio is important for every workout. Diet is also a necessity, and plenty of rest is advisable. Two weeks won't get you to that good a body, but it will get you on your way.
In all fairness, dips don't do jack s*** for your abs. They are almost completely Tricep exclusive.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Good luck! Sorry I can't give you any advice in that area, though I swear my gym teacher ran 20 lbs off me last year cause she was a running nut.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 07-19-2009, 02:53 AM
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline

Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish

Why are you trying to change your body? You already look beautiful, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:58 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
In all fairness, dips don't do jack s*** for your abs. They are almost completely Tricep exclusive.
There are several different ways of doing dips. True, they do a lot for your triceps, but there are - as I have seen - multiple ways to where you can do it for your abs. As to how exactly, I don't know, but with a good cardio program, it's sure to work. Notice how I said good there. In all fairness, of course.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Why are you trying to change your body? You already look beautiful, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
Quoted for truth.

Unless there's a medical reason, you shouldn't be too concerned with trying to lose weight.

I, on the otherhand, should be checking these exercises out. My family has a history of health problems in this particular category.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 07-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

Thanks guys. I mean I know I look fine. But I do want to be an actor so I gotta look good. and idk I have always been made fun of. I have actually have already lost 70 pounds. I just wanna be the one who looks really good. for once. I know I can't get a totally knock out body. But I just wanna get semi good to the point I have confidence in a swim suit because I have not had that in a long while. I am rushing because of this pool party, but I won'tstop there. I have about 2 months till school start and I really wanna look good by then.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:04 PM
MustangGT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Requiem of Verities View Post
There are several different ways of doing dips. True, they do a lot for your triceps, but there are - as I have seen - multiple ways to where you can do it for your abs. As to how exactly, I don't know, but with a good cardio program, it's sure to work. Notice how I said good there. In all fairness, of course.
I fail to see how dips can have any effect on your abs at all unless you go down, bring your knees to your chest, put then back down, then come back up. And then it's not a dip but a combo excercise.

Edit: And you'll also blow out your triceps really fast that way, leading to a less effective workout.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Willow Offline
Elite Trainer

Oh gosh. I did like one plank yesterday. where you lay flat and raise your legs off the ground. My abs are still kinda sore. lol I'm a wimp, but I'm working on it.