Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 09-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !CeMAn View Post
They're rappers, dude.
The music they make is a matter of opinion and taste . To call any of those first 3 country is just ignorant. Political, Funk and Trailer Trash dudes can rap too and MCing is an element of Hip Hop, is it not? Throw in Sonny from P. O. D. and you've even got Spiritual! You don't have to just be Urban or Gangster to be Hip Hop.

Maybe that's why they get overlooked; people forget it's a culture and not a lifestyle.
But whatever. I think they're cool.
you consider me ignorant? look here, and here, and even here. Hip hop may include rap metal, rapcore, nu metal, etc. but generally i scorn metal music so considering me ignorant before what i said is ignorant yourself. I do happen to believe that P.O.D. is a band that does hip hop (and the only nu metal i like) so define the ignorance in that.
you think i don't know you don't have to be "Urban" or "Gangster" to be Hip Hop?
I actually happen to know its a culture and not a lifestyle, so there was no point in trying to downsize me by saying that
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post
I second this wholly.
I third this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
you consider me ignorant? look here, and here, and even here. Hip hop may include rap metal, rapcore, nu metal, etc. but generally i scorn metal music so considering me ignorant before what i said is ignorant yourself. I do happen to believe that P.O.D. is a band that does hip hop (and the only nu metal i like) so define the ignorance in that.
you think i don't know you don't have to be "Urban" or "Gangster" to be Hip Hop?
I actually happen to know its a culture and not a lifestyle, so there was no point in trying to downsize me by saying that
wowww, yo man calm down.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Psychedelic Shroomish's Avatar
Psychedelic Shroomish Offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,207
Send a message via AIM to Psychedelic Shroomish
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

My favorite rapper is Freddy Mercury from Queen.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-20-2009, 02:16 AM
iChaos's Avatar
iChaos Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA, NC
Posts: 2,139
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
i always considered Jagged Edge, R-Kelly, and Shareefa RnB since they dont really rap.
What about O.J. Juice Man, and Gucci man. And the Beastie Boys.
__________________
Black and Yellow<--Clickie!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iChaos View Post
What about O.J. Juice Man, and Gucci man. And the Beastie Boys.
they are all rappers, though gucci and oj are not very good ones imo and i dont listen to much of the beastie boys.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-21-2009, 01:37 AM
!CeMAn's Avatar
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto, ON.
Posts: 6,558
Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Dude. Chill, man.
I just meant that to say it was ignorant. Not you. Obviously you know good tunes, look at your lists- which i said, for the most part i agreed with- that's somebody who knows the game. Maybe my post was directed at someone who might not know what hip hop really means. Because trust me, there are A LOT of people who think hip hop is gangsters and black people who keep the negative statistics up.

So chill out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !CeMAn View Post
Dude. Chill, man.
I just meant that to say it was ignorant. Not you. Obviously you know good tunes, look at your lists- which i said, for the most part i agreed with- that's somebody who knows the game. Maybe my post was directed at someone who might not know what hip hop really means. Because trust me, there are A LOT of people who think hip hop is gangsters and black people who keep the negative statistics up.

So chill out.
*inhales and exhales*

i really dont make most of the lists, i just listen the mainstream and the underground stuff. what ive learned is that most of the mainstream rappers work mostly for money and fame and the underground rappers do it for the experience and love of hip hop.

yet my definition of a real hip hop artist is one who's true love is doing hip hop more compared to other genres, thus the reason why i said that the artists you mentioned, as well as some others, dont completely fit the gap.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-21-2009, 02:19 AM
Kardas the Great's Avatar
Kardas the Great Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wikipedia it! ^_^
Posts: 288
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

You know, I'm really starting to get into older hiphop, don't know why though. :P Can you recommend some good songs from the 90's and 80's and/or some run DMC tunes?
__________________


Yay! you found the hidden text! Here's a cookie! ^^

Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-21-2009, 02:36 AM
Judgmental Arceus's Avatar
Judgmental Arceus Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your front door with a loaded P90
Posts: 7,534
Send a message via Yahoo to Judgmental Arceus Send a message via Skype™ to Judgmental Arceus
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardas the Great View Post
You know, I'm really starting to get into older hiphop, don't know why though. :P Can you recommend some good songs from the 90's and 80's and/or some run DMC tunes?
if you were asking me, i may suggest this and possibly this.
__________________
Credit to mayfan1000. VPP Browser Post
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-21-2009, 03:43 AM
Pokemon_Ron's Avatar
Pokemon_Ron Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: That thing in your pants
Posts: 6,964
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon_Ron Send a message via Skype™ to Pokemon_Ron
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

This is probably my favorite Hip-hop song of all time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-21-2009, 04:34 AM
karmachameleon's Avatar
karmachameleon Offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,223
Send a message via AIM to karmachameleon
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardas the Great View Post
You know, I'm really starting to get into older hiphop, don't know why though. :P Can you recommend some good songs from the 90's and 80's and/or some run DMC tunes?
If you like that really old school stuff, mostly drum n bass beats, I would recommend Eric B and Rakim, Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, Nas' Illmatic, and Doug E Fresh. Here's a few popular songs from them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZElWBsoyvUo- this is a really weird version, just download the real song off limewire or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ewdZzLP6Bk
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Kardas the Great's Avatar
Kardas the Great Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wikipedia it! ^_^
Posts: 288
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcemegus View Post
if you were asking me, i may suggest this and possibly this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Ron View Post
This is probably my favorite Hip-hop song of all time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmachameleon View Post
If you like that really old school stuff, mostly drum n bass beats, I would recommend Eric B and Rakim, Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, Nas' Illmatic, and Doug E Fresh. Here's a few popular songs from them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZElWBsoyvUo- this is a really weird version, just download the real song off limewire or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ewdZzLP6Bk
Thanks everybody!

@ Arcmegus: see that's what I'm talking about. That is the type of old school rap I like.

@ Ron: No offense but, :/

@ Karma: Let me watch your videos now, I had to run off the computer before I got to listen to them. :P
__________________


Yay! you found the hidden text! Here's a cookie! ^^

Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-25-2009, 01:29 AM
_KaBal_'s Avatar
_KaBal_ Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 147
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Lil Wayne's songs are either good or really bad. If he says what hot thing on the track then its automatically good. Example: get on my level you can't get on my level you will need a space shuttle or a ladder thats forever
__________________

Name: John
FC:1247 4777 5229

Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-25-2009, 04:01 AM
CandleJack's Avatar
CandleJack Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: FROM DEEP SPACE
Posts: 337
Send a message via Skype™ to CandleJack
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmachameleon View Post
If you like that really old school stuff, mostly drum n bass beats, I would recommend Eric B and Rakim, Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, Nas' Illmatic, and Doug E Fresh. Here's a few popular songs from them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZElWBsoyvUo- this is a really weird version, just download the real song off limewire or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ewdZzLP6Bk
Old 80s Hiphop/Breakbeat was fantastic, some of my relatives still get out their old vinyls even today when all the contemporary mainstream material is commercialized to Pluto and back.

Can't forget New Jack Swing either. SWV was class.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-25-2009, 04:18 AM
spartan117's Avatar
spartan117 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 3,731
Send a message via AIM to spartan117
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp3eDy View Post
Lil Wayne's songs are either good or really bad. If he says what hot thing on the track then its automatically good. Example: get on my level you can't get on my level you will need a space shuttle or a ladder thats forever
I prefer more of old lil wayne songs. Like from Carter 2/3 and most of his 08 songs. So far like 70% of his 09 songs I dont like.
__________________
My VPP
My Claims
My Myspace
My URPG Stats
MyBio


If you want a free http://www.lockerz.com/ please PM me with your email.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com