Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:10 AM
Master of Puppets Offline
Master Trainer

Exclamation Music help?

I need some help with this music homework I got, it says I'm suppose to change the notes of a song so it could sound higher or lower. My teacher explained it to me but I don't understand spanish that good (the longer spanish words), the song has the notes like this: G, C, G, D, and then ends with G. How do I change the notes so I can make it higher or lower sounding. I'm suppose to make the song start with C then D then E then G then A.(so that means I have to make 5 slightly different versions of the song (on guitar), can you help?)

[VPP Stats][Claims][ASBL Stats][Coordinator Stats]
Old 07-26-2009, 04:21 AM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude
Default Re: Music help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack_lord View Post
I need some help with this music homework I got, it says I'm suppose to change the notes of a song so it could sound higher or lower. My teacher explained it to me but I don't understand spanish that good (the longer spanish words), the song has the notes like this: G, C, G, D, and then ends with G. How do I change the notes so I can make it higher or lower sounding. I'm suppose to make the song start with C then D then E then G then A.(so that means I have to make 5 slightly different versions of the song (on guitar), can you help?)
I belive my friend told me about this one...It's called Octives; So you go to the one cord the sounds lower or higher then G then C and so on.

Another example of Octives is like this (if u can read tabs)

0-3--5--7--9
0-3--5--7--9
-------------
-------------
-------------

THINK SCALE!

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Master of Puppets Offline
Master Trainer

I haven't learned scales yet. >_<

[VPP Stats][Claims][ASBL Stats][Coordinator Stats]
Old 07-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Ah Beng I the Pikabeng Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamedude View Post
I belive my friend told me about this one...It's called Octives; So you go to the one cord the sounds lower or higher then G then C and so on.

Another example of Octives is like this (if u can read tabs)

0-3--5--7--9
0-3--5--7--9
-------------
-------------
-------------

THINK SCALE!
Octaves. >_> And tabs don't work here.

And don't forget the black keys. They'll be important. A typical piano has 88 keys to play 88 different notes. The distance between each note is a semitone. (Or something.) For example, C to C#, E to F, F to F#, B to C. And if a note is 1, the note a semitone above that note is 2, the note 2 semitones above is 3, and so on, then the note exactly one octave higher than the first note will be 13. For example, if you label Middle C (256 Hz) as note 1, then the C one ovtave higher would be note 13, and the C two octaves higher would be note 25. So we have an interval of 12 semitones. (At least, that's what I was taught.)

So what is the first note? If the first note you gave us is G and yet you have to translate to G, I don't think G is the first note.

Last edited by Ah Beng I the Pikabeng; 07-26-2009 at 08:48 AM.