PDA

View Full Version : RMT: JaskBear

Nemesis
07-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally I wanted to make a JoltWak based team, though I desided to replace Jolteon with Ninjask, for it is really easy to bp speed with him, and then I decided to replace Marowak with Ursaring so that burns wouldn't really be a problem, and he hits almost as hard. Then I had to begin working on Ninjask counters, etc... ...here is my team, and any suggestions are welcome:

Ninjask (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Def / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

His defences are rediculously low, so why even bother with the defences? Max attack and adamant so it can actually kill something. Also on turn one I almost always baton pass so I can switch to the apropriate counter.

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 196 HP / 66 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Haze
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp

Counters Tauntridos and Tauntritar, who can both cause Ninjask some problems. Physical sponge. I'm thinking about putting Steelix in its place, or something else than can phaze along with having physical resistance not names Skarmory.

Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Def / 178 SAtk / 76 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Psych Up
- Rest
- Thunderbolt

Special sponge and cleric.

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Hopefully my oponents would switch to Skarm on turn one =). Also do you think that I should give it HP: Ice over grass because I already have Gyarados who can counter Swampert, and he may actually be able to pull off a sweep with speed from Jask...

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd / 22 SDef
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt

Hello Suicune.

Ursaring (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 9 Def / 52 Spd / 9 SDef
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Return
- Swords Dance

After two Swords Dances almost everything falls to this beast. He needs +3 speed to outrun the base 130s. He also outuns Weezings by 3 points with out any, which is helpful for he can cause this team some problems.

One thing I noticed is the fact that if both Ursaring and Gyarados fall I almost always lose, for they are the only pokemon that can actually pull off a sucesful sweep. Another thing I noticed is the fact that this team generally doesn't do to well at all against many of the more expireinced players, though I'm still constantly making changes...

Any suggestions for the 'strategy', or advice on how to cover things I missed would be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Forsety
07-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Just a question but wouldn't it be better to bring up Ursaring's speed abit higher with a Jolly persona so +2 speed would do instead of relying on a +3 speed?
You wouldn't be sacrificing too much of your defenses for the extra few spd evs and attack of 359 is already sufficient enough with a Swords Dance thrown in. It'd basically speed up your team and let Ninjask switch out a turn early......and as much a special weakness your team has...
I think Blissey is a little unnecessary...you'd be better with a special sponge who can also attack rather than a cleric/sponge since you're going on pure offense anyway. You also lack any decent special attackers....Magneton doesn't count.

And why HP Dark on Ninjask?

Nemesis
07-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Just a question but wouldn't it be better to bring up Ursaring's speed abit higher with a Jolly persona so +2 speed would do instead of relying on a +3 speed? The main reason is for the chance to OHKO DD Salamence after one Swords Dance after intimidate, though normally I sweep after 2 Swords Dances for that is a gurenteed KO on almost everything, excluding Forretress, who is making me consider HP: Fire, and Skarmory.
You wouldn't be sacrificing too much of your defenses for the extra few spd evs and attack of 359 is already sufficient enough with a Swords Dance thrown in. It'd basically speed up your team and let Ninjask switch out a turn early......and as much a special weakness your team has... I'll consider it...
I think Blissey is a little unnecessary...you'd be better with a special sponge who can also attack rather than a cleric/sponge since you're going on pure offense anyway. You also lack any decent special attackers....Magneton doesn't count. Magneton can actually sweep with +2 Speed, though not very well. Because of the fact that Ursaring likes all status other than t-wave/stun spore (lol), Magneton and Ninjask have substitute, Weezing isn't all to imortant, and Gyarados has taunt I see your point, and am taking out Blissey for Psych Up Regice.

And why HP Dark on Ninjask?

I forgot to change it to HP: Flying...

The End
07-26-2005, 08:15 PM
maybe jaskrhydon

Forsety
07-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Ursaring tends to be easier to keep alive during the swords dance...and Guts is sorta a better trait anyway. A Ground type with Guts would be beautiful...but only one pokemon exists with that combination and its Larvitar.....

The End
07-26-2005, 08:37 PM
rhydon also tends to take out skarmory better

Forsety
07-26-2005, 09:17 PM
How? They both have the same attack, Rock Blast won't do much either as would Brick Break....if anything Ursaring would stand a better chance with a Firepunch and something resembling spcl.atk......either way both would need a Swords Dance and in Rhydon's case he'd have Rock Blast, Megahorn or Brick Break and EQ.

Nemesis
07-27-2005, 12:45 AM
I have Magneton anyway so Skarmory really wouldn't be to much of a problem. And the reasons the pokemon I picked is Ursaring are as follows:
1. He it tied for the pokemon with the highest base attack in the game and guts (with Mechamp). IMO it should be somewhat self explanatory why IMO guts is somewhat of a must (burn imunity, and it discourages toxic as well).
2. It's standard moveset is filled with nothing but 100% (well 99.6% actually) acuracy moves, which is a big plus considering the fact that I like consistency (Heracross's Megahorn and rockslide, and Mechamp's cross chop and rock slide are all capable of missing, and one miss is all thats needed for them to be brought down at times.).
3. Gets Swords Dance.
4. Has minimal weaknesses. And the only pokemon that commonly have fighting moves are the rather predictable subpunchers, and fighting types, which are countered by Weezing.
5. STABed return hurts (though it isn't as useful as STABed eq).
6. Ursaring is my favorite pokemon.

Also one problem I seem to be having is pokemon using substitute, which can often cause some serios problems if Ninjask can't break it in one hit (which is rather common). At times this makes me whish I passed to Marowak... ...I'll probably try that...

Also from expirience I've actually learned its much smarter to not predict most of the time, for example (things like this happen a lot): I have Ursaring with +3 Speed and +4 attack. After I kill something my oponent switches in Tauros. Then they switch to Gengar, I predict they switch back to Tauros, but instead they use Explosion, OHKO Ursaring, which usually results in game loss...

EDIT: I forgot to mention the fact that my team has a rather large weakness to hard hitting normal types, such as Tauros. The only pokemon that provide normal resistance are Skarmory, who I'd prefer not to use, and Steelix who has a ground and fighting weakness, which would them make my team have problems with fighting types... ...I'll probably end up keeping Weezing. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bravo Leader
07-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Yeah, but that is one situation. I don't really know many people who give Gengar explosion, the McGar and other SkarmBliss counters are more used I think.

Nemesis
07-27-2005, 03:15 AM
Yeah, but that is one situation. I don't really know many people who give Gengar explosion, the McGar and other SkarmBliss counters are more used I think.

That was actually just an example... ...generally it seems safer to not predict until they've done it several times already... ...and yes McGar and Chesire are generally far more common.

Forsety
07-27-2005, 10:15 AM
I used to use Exploding McGar 2 years ago I made it as an unexpected surprise long before it actually entered the game......didn't really think it ever took off. But people predicted McGar way too much and Destiny Bonders too and feared bringing Skarmory in due to potential Thunderbolt, I found it made an awesome counter against Swamperts who used to and still do cause trouble alot.

As for Sub....theres no real counter for a Sweeper except smash away until they give way........Its better to go down fighting then give them a free turn.

As for Taurus......Weezing should have no problem....Will O'Wisp + HP Fighting which is very unconventional for him should do the job. Plus theres another strat that may have not dawned on you....but if you put around enough evs to bring up Gyarados's defense slightly bit more than you can use the intimidate trick as a counter since if they do dare switch, its a free Dragon Dance for you and if they don't....still a free dragon dance for you.

Nemesis
07-28-2005, 10:18 PM
The thing about Tauros is the fact that its Return does ~30% to Weezing on the switch, and then it simply switches out... Weezing can only take so many hits without pain split, though I need him to be able to counter Tyranitar, wall fighting types, and (p)haze...
Also the problem with sub is that often Ninjask can't break it in one hit, so I just ignore it and bp to Ursaring, though that gives the enemy one extra turn to attack Ursaring, though he actually saves a turn for nat having to Swords Dance, so nevermind, I really don't know why it caused me a problem...

Thanks

EDIT: I just remembered why Sub can be a problem (to be more specific; sub from Jolteon).

Turn 456 (random number).
Ninjask Subs.
Jolteon Subs.

Turn 457
ninjask dances.
jolt t-bolts

turn 458
ninjask subs
jolt t-bolts

turn 459
ninjask bps
jolt t-bolts

turn 460
Ursaring eqs
jolt t-waves

At that point its gg, unless I manage to sweep with Gyarados, which can sometimes be some what dificult considering I'd have to predict the switch to Jolt and eq in order to sweep (it takes 2 DDs to become faster)...
Because of this I think that maybe I should add in a beller of some sort (again)...

Forsety
07-29-2005, 10:04 AM
......The answer to your problem is don't dance.....just attack and break the sub and keep subbing and pass speed only to Ursaring......I'm pretty sure Jolt dies in one hit from EQ from a Ursaring with max attack unless they're good at predicting the switch.

Only other answer is use a Scizor.....its been a long time since hes been used as a BP'er but fact remains hes still one of the most durable BP'ers around just horribly weak to fire thats all. Plus most when they see Scizor now Agility or Swords Dance they expect a Reversal or a Return not a BP because its exited the Advance metagame.

Not Raik
07-29-2005, 10:07 AM
I never liked baton passing, a good player will know when to Whirlwind/Roar you away. Even if you're sucessfully pass the speed on, you're still prone to Skarmory's Whirlwind, considering you often can't even dent him without Sword Dancing. Yes, you have Magneton and such, but it won't always work.

Nemesis
07-30-2005, 01:05 AM
I never liked baton passing, a good player will know when to Whirlwind/Roar you away. Even if you're sucessfully pass the speed on, you're still prone to Skarmory's Whirlwind, considering you often can't even dent him without Sword Dancing. Yes, you have Magneton and such, but it won't always work.

(P)hazers:
Suicune: Gets owned by Gyarados.
Skarmory: Magneton.
Weezing: dies to Ursaring 1 on 1, unless its faster, in which case I loose
Vaporeon: lol, know when uses haze vaporeon. Ursaring can 2HKO it without any Swords Dances/OHKO with.

And what do you mean it 'wont often work'? This team is desgined for one purpose, and one purpose only: baton passing +3 speed to Ursaring and pulling off a dance or two. Please explain more elabratly why it 'won't always work'. I've had much more trouble with Ursaring dieing/getting paralyzed than him getting phazed for usually the first enemy to go down is there usually lone phazer.

......The answer to your problem is don't dance.....just attack and break the sub and keep subbing and pass speed only to Ursaring......I'm pretty sure Jolt dies in one hit from EQ from a Ursaring with max attack unless they're good at predicting the switch.

For some reason I (i)logically presumed I wouldn't break the sub in one hit, though considering Jolteons low defences I should... I'll check a damage calculator later to make shure.

Only other answer is use a Scizor.....its been a long time since hes been used as a BP'er but fact remains hes still one of the most durable BP'ers around just horribly weak to fire thats all. Plus most when they see Scizor now Agility or Swords Dance they expect a Reversal or a Return not a BP because its exited the Advance metagame.

Ninjask works just fine... ...I was wanting a beller, though it probably wouldn't really be nesesary, considering I just checked and HP: Flying does a minimum of 27% to Jolt (4 HP, 0 Def jolt anyway). And against t-wave bliss I generally have jask pull off a swords dance and take the 100 damage, and then continue subing and then bp, and then Bliss would go down in one hit.

EDIT: Ninjask can now sub an extra time. Also how fast should I make it for a lot of endurerevers and subrevers seem to be faster, meaning I have no real counter for them.
EDIT: Ever since I posted this I haven't won a game... I seem to loose to Weezings faster then my Ursaring, the previosly stated Tauros, if Weezing falls Tauntritar and Gyarados say gg, Curselax seems to keep paralyzing with bodyslams, etc... Also IMO my Weezing really needs pain split, but without HP: Fighting Tauntritar and Tyrannioboah laugh... ...I'll update later with more info/updates.

Thanks.