PDA

View Full Version : Nidoking

IT
08-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Okay, this works, I've tested but I need some EV distribution help, this is for NB.

Nidoking@Shell Bell
Trait:Poison Point
Nature: Hardy (neutral nature is good for him)
EVs: Sp Att 176 / Att 118 / Sp Def 84 / Def 83 / HP 49
Moves:
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

I usually BP some Speed to him from my Ninjask so that he can outrun something. Counters DDMence, Tauntrados, Boah and Skarmbliss, propably even more that I haven't figured out yet.

Help is appreciated.

Iceman3k
08-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Okay, this works, I've tested but I need some EV distribution help, this is for NB.

Nidoking@Shell Bell
Trait:Poison Point
Nature: Hardy (neutral nature is good for him)
EVs: Sp Att 176 / Att 118 / Sp Def 84 / Def 83 / HP 49
Moves:
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

I usually BP some Speed to him from my Ninjask so that he can outrun something. Counters DDMence, Tauntrados, Boah and Skarmbliss, propably even more that I haven't figured out yet.

Help is appreciated.
Hmm... BOAHking. Nice.

I would suggest giving it a Brave or Quiet Nature, but that's up to you. Only reason I say that is because there are no Speed EVs.

... If anything, you should also try Dragonite, same moveset. Works more effective since it has more Attack and Special Attack to work with, as well as more defensive stats.

But all in all, nice set.

Regice 2005
08-01-2005, 04:16 PM
neutral natures are usually bad.
It would be better if you completely discarded one of its defences (probably sp def) in favor of your Att or Def. I find that when subbing it is easier if you focus in one defense and trry to take less than 25% than if you spread out your defenses evenly.
Just my opinion though.

IT
08-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Okay, thanks guys.

I've tried Dragonite but...ice beam kills him completely... Besides, Nidoking is used that much, well Dragonite is pretty UU nowadays as well...Nidoking always surprises people when they send out their salamences to kill nido but ice beam KOs salamence.

Bravo Leader
08-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Well, an ice beam from any pokemon should pretty much kill Salamence anyway.

Forsety
08-02-2005, 11:00 AM
That Nidoking just makes me think a Ground/Poison version of McIceGar

IT
08-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Eh hem, the only EV help I've had so far is to discard on of it's defenses in favor of Att of Def etc., but that's it? Come on guys, I know you know a lot more than that.

Forsety, I have a Gengar on my team, but for a different purpose, I considered McIceGar, but I don't want to go with the flow. So Nidoking, being pretty UU or at least BL, is good.

Not Raik
08-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Shell Bell sucks.

Even more on an only-average attack Pokemon like Nidoking. Take Leftovers.

IT
08-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Shell Bell sucks.

Even more on an only-average attack Pokemon like Nidoking. Take Leftovers.

I would, but I'm making a team that works with Item Clause as well. And if I'd take Lefties, I would have to re-organize the whole team. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Not Raik
08-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Why don't you post your team so we can suggest something more decent for Nidoking? Shell Bell just...doesn't make it.

IT
08-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Why don't you post your team so we can suggest something more decent for Nidoking? Shell Bell just...doesn't make it.

Sure, I'll do a different thread though.

Forsety
08-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Forsety, I have a Gengar on my team, but for a different purpose, I considered McIceGar, but I don't want to go with the flow. So Nidoking, being pretty UU or at least BL, is good.
I'm not particularly keen on McIceGar either.....but hes so vulnerable in the current game without a physical attack =_=

Regice 2005
08-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Eh hem, the only EV help I've had so far is to discard on of it's defenses in favor of Att of Def etc., but that's it? Come on guys, I know you know a lot more than that.

trueth is I've never used a Nidowking. But I can try one as a skarmbliss counter on my current team and I'll get back to you.

~Bayleef~
08-09-2005, 01:07 PM
The Nidoking moveset I would go with:

Nidoking @ Leftovers
[Poison Point]
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Megahorn

All out physical Nidoking.