PDA

View Full Version : Diamond or Platinum?

KOR
05-02-2010, 06:50 PM
So I have recently gotten into Pokemon again(Got my SoulSilver two weeks ago) and i had given my Pokemon Diamond to one of my cousins, and I probably wont get it back anytime soon. So I'm probably just going to get another one off of ebay/amazon. However, idk whether to go with Platinum or Diamond. I've looked up the differences between them, but i still can't decide. Advice on which to pick?

Flan
05-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Pokemon Platinum, by far. It is more updated than Diamond and has new features and the Dimensional World. Not to mention the Battle Frontier.

Mr420
05-02-2010, 07:45 PM
^what flan said is right on the money. Diamond & pearl are great and you can clone glitch on those two.
then again the Giratina sprites on Platinum is way better. and true the battle Frontier + WiFi Plaza on Platinum.
Oh and you get Shaymin Skyform on Platinum ONLY.

my vote goes to Platinum.

Masami
05-02-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm sorry to say such a wannabe-cool-dude thing, but I dislike both, R/B/Y have proven to be the best and most enjoyable thus far.

Ayotui
05-02-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm sorry to say such a wannabe-cool-dude thing, but I dislike both, R/B/Y have proven to be the best and most enjoyable thus far.

i have to diagree with you and say that g/s/c are the best games ever made. i think r/b/y come in a decent decent second place. if only the starters didnt look so generic.

anyways in diamon vs platinum i would have to say platinum, it has better updates and has more pokemon.

diamond4evr421
05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I never had platinum, but with the added features, I'd go with it. It's diamond with tons of new stuff.

Grassy_Aggron
05-02-2010, 09:06 PM
I have both Diamond and Platinum, and I must say...

Platinum beats Diamond easily. It has a longer storyline, the Reverse World (wasn't it the Torn World in Japan?), Battle Frontier, event Arceus and Shaymin Sky, Giratina Origin Forme...And a lot more Pokemon available. Oh, and Rotom and his forms.

Plus, it's the first game I EV trained in.

The only downside is you have to wait to get Palkia/Dialga, but you get both of them in Platinum. You also will be able to catch Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Move tutors as well ;)

Masami
05-02-2010, 09:09 PM
i have to diagree with you and say that g/s/c are the best games ever made. i think r/b/y come in a decent decent second place. if only the starters didnt look so generic.

anyways in diamon vs platinum i would have to say platinum, it has better updates and has more pokemon.

Nah I still prefer R/B/Y, much simpler and more....replayable.
By the time you get to the end of crystal you don't wanna restart ebcause of all the work you've already put in.

NikoBelic999
05-02-2010, 09:20 PM
G/S/C and R/B/Y just suck. really. They have bad graphics, and I didn't play mine for 3 minutes before I threw it away.

But on topic, I would pick Platinum, because of all of the new features, and neater stuff than what diamond has.

Masami
05-02-2010, 09:24 PM
G/S/C and R/B/Y just suck. really. They have bad graphics, and I didn't play mine for 3 minutes before I threw it away.

But on topic, I would pick Platinum, because of all of the new features, and neater stuff than what diamond has.

Respect your elders, or they will burn you alive.

NikoBelic999
05-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Respect your elders, or they will burn you alive.
I'd like to see a game try to burn me. Especially an old one. and I always can stomp it if it tries....

Michelle8936
05-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal may have had old graphics (OLD, not crappy) but what could you honestly expect? They were made in 1998-2000. Besides, without them, there'd be no Pokemon franchise.
If you want crappy graphics, look at the Japanese Green version XD

On topic, definitely Platinum over Diamond. Just like any third version game though, the battles are harder, there's a crud-load of extra stuff, and there's a good few storyline tweaks that make the game much better and darker (which is something the series needs if it's going to keep the older players onboard). But, this one was (and still is) my favorite of the Fourth Generation.

Masami
05-02-2010, 11:18 PM
I'd like to see a game try to burn me. Especially an old one. and I always can stomp it if it tries....

You underestimate nintendo's power. truely.

Flan
05-03-2010, 02:04 AM
R/B/Y/G/S/C are placed into a nostalgia tier. I wouldn't say they're better just because they "bring back memories", but I'm not saying they're horrible either. Some people may have valid reasons on why they may love/hate those generations more so than others, but just can it, please. This is somewhat derailing the topic. :/

Anyway, seriously, I'm placing a second vote on Platinum. It's that much better than Diamond (not really, but it is better).

Kamoosekazi
05-03-2010, 03:04 AM

People like you shouldn't be playing video games.

Graphics are not everything.

G/S are my favorites, I still have yet to buy the new ones.

From having Diamond and playing platinum on an emulator I can tell you platinum is way better.

Arch Enemy
05-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Just like what every other people said, Pokémon Platinum. It is the latest Sinnoh Region game, and it has more Features, more Events / Extra Events, more Places (e.g. Battle Frontier), more catchable Pokémons and more things Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl do not have. So yeah, Pokémon Platinum, go ahead and buy it! ^_^

pokemonfanboy2000
05-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Pokemon Platinum fo sho.

Dartz
05-10-2010, 09:14 AM
I suggest Platinum

dk897
05-16-2010, 03:41 PM
i have diamond and pearl and had borrowed platinum id say platinum for the extra features even though diamond is easier but you would get more fun from platinum so about 70% platinum 30% diamond.:wink:

Judgmental Arceus
05-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Platinum>Diamond because of the additional features in Platinum and because
I don't have Diamond but I do have Platinum.