http://yugioh.com/gx.php?type=overview

Look How they have Ruined the names.

Angelic Kitsune
08-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Yugi was ruined way before they got to it :rolleyes:
But those are some seriously lame names....Princeton?=X

Pika57
08-04-2005, 11:59 AM
The only reason they have odd last names is because they want it to sound unique. its mostly last names anyway. I can check a friends magazine that had all the names. I know though that Yuki is the guys japanese name.

Jhem
08-04-2005, 01:59 PM
So, wait a minute a new Yu-Gi-Oh season with completely new main characters?

(BTW, under all the info in the text area on that page, it DOES say that names are subject to change, so don't worry.)

Kenny_C.002
08-05-2005, 03:04 AM
We knew that before 4 Kids ever got their hands on it that they would ruin Gx. lol

Alakazam
08-05-2005, 03:14 AM
We knew that before 4 Kids ever got their hands on it that they would ruin Gx. lol

News flash: there's not much in GX to ruin to begin with. It's a pretty poor series already, IMO, and of course 4Kids dubbing it will make things worse.

UltimaSamusPhaz0n
08-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Yu-gi-oh is one of my sworn enermies.
I AM A METRIOD NUT!

Kenny_C.002
08-05-2005, 04:07 AM
News flash: there's not much in GX to ruin to begin with. It's a pretty poor series already, IMO, and of course 4Kids dubbing it will make things worse.

That's my point tho. Any series would be crap when 4 Kids touches it. So even if GX was poor as a series...it's still crap coming out when 4 Kids is done.

Lord Celebi
08-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Good God. The series is already ruined! They're forgetting their dub names and calling Jaden, Judai in everyone else's bio. How dumb can they get?

Alakazam
08-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Yu-gi-oh is one of my sworn enermies.
I AM A METRIOD NUT!

If you're just going to SPAM, than don't post in this thread.

rust: It's 4Kids...there's no limit to their stupidity.

masterryanx
08-06-2005, 07:38 AM
So, wait a minute a new Yu-Gi-Oh season with completely new main characters?

(BTW, under all the info in the text area on that page, it DOES say that names are subject to change, so don't worry.)

Actually that was left up from when the original Japanese names were posted lol..... :confused:

They turned Judai into Jaden???!! Good God, leave Judai alone what did he ever do to you 4 kids, huh? speak up!! :dazed: :dazed: :susp:

Pika57
08-12-2005, 10:43 PM
You know what... forget my earlier statement. $kids stink stuff up so bad it isn't even funny. they edit out crud that nobody cares if they edit out or not. they eed to get some body else to do it don't censor anyhting(cept maybe cusswords and sex stuff)

Shroomish
08-13-2005, 03:29 AM
You know what... forget my earlier statement. $kids stink stuff up so bad it isn't even funny. they edit out crud that nobody cares if they edit out or not. they eed to get some body else to do it don't censor anyhting(cept maybe cusswords and sex stuff)
I personally don't think they should censor ANY of it. -_- They should translate, not trash it.

I do understand that kids are fans of the show. That's fine, let them watch the crap version but we adults/young adults need some sensable YGO anime. They should at least make and sell dubbed uncut DVDs or something. =P

And yeah, that's another thing. American translators: Learn to do a freaking dub, you morons. Ahem, ok, I'll shut up now. :oops:

masterryanx
08-13-2005, 03:59 AM
I do understand that kids are fans of the show. That's fine, let them watch the crap version but we adults/young adults need some sensable YGO anime. They should at least make and sell dubbed uncut DVDs or something. =P

They do it's just not selling well so it's starting to get hard to find..... :ermm: It just got over looked, they only had about three uncut dvd's, correct me if I'm wrong...... The only two anime they've done this with by the way are Yu-Gi-Oh and Shaman King.... I would like to see them dub the original Yu-Gi-Oh series (uncut) and just release it on dvd but that'll probably never happen..... :ermm: Try looking on amazon.com if you want to buy one..... :happy:

Kenny_C.002
08-13-2005, 04:13 AM
I think the uncut dvds didn't sell well enough so they decided to cut it. IMO they've ruined the YGO name well enough that the uncut versions didn't sell...that was probably the reason there. lol

Shroomish
08-13-2005, 07:54 AM
They do it's just not selling well so it's starting to get hard to find..... :ermm: It just got over looked, they only had about three uncut dvd's, correct me if I'm wrong...... The only two anime they've done this with by the way are Yu-Gi-Oh and Shaman King.... I would like to see them dub the original Yu-Gi-Oh series (uncut) and just release it on dvd but that'll probably never happen..... :ermm: Try looking on amazon.com if you want to buy one..... :happy:
I so didn't know that. >_> I had heard they did that but I thought it was a rumor 'cause I never saw one. *Goes to Amazon* Thanks. :tongue:

Yeah, they need to do the entire series that way. =/ I want to see the real season 1 of YGo. The one with green-haired Kaiba. :think:

And lol @ Kenny.

Seawolf
08-15-2005, 12:34 AM
...Maybe there'll be fansubs. Those are SO much more faithful to the originals than what most dubbed anime is thrown on TV. I watched Shaman King fansubs not too long ago, and they were just brilliant.

Gah. 4Kids ruined Yuugiou from the start. >_<

Zenaku
08-16-2005, 06:56 PM
What the world really needs is a dubbing company that isn't driven by commercial gain, something which rules over 4Kids. I believe the Ocean Group dub Gundam series as well as DBZ, and the dubs are pretty good compared to other dubs, but there's still some uneccessary name changes here and there, as well as voices completely different from the originals.

Hypocrisy is Fun
10-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Yes the dubing is no better than plain crap, its kinda hard to find the original "Untainted" version of GX, though that was also pretty bad, either way, we arent gonna have a good time watching this X(

bcooper
10-11-2005, 01:49 AM
http://yugioh.com/gx.php?type=overview

Look How they have Ruined the names.

Yeh that is how feel too many people I now say it is terrible but I do not