PDA

View Full Version : CoD: Black Ops [Official Discussion]

Vanity
05-08-2010, 10:32 PM
As most xbox/ps3 players will have heard or seen the brand new Call of Duty: Black Ops game set for release on the 9th of November, this year.

It seems to me that Treyarch will have gotten there junk together for this game, even though I enjoyed CoD 5 alot, many didn't.

Talk about it here.

Black Hawk
05-08-2010, 10:36 PM
November 9th.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-08-2010, 10:37 PM
I loved COD:WAW. Hopefully Black Ops will do what MW2 didn't and provide a meaty campaign that makes sense and an online multiplayer that's full of cheap exploits and glitches.

Vanity
05-08-2010, 10:47 PM
November 9th.

Sorry there man, I got mixed up. ^.^'

Zolar
05-08-2010, 11:20 PM
I heard it was taking place in Vietnam during the Vietnamese War... Do you think this is true?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-08-2010, 11:29 PM
I heard it was taking place in Vietnam during the Vietnamese War... Do you think this is true?

Yes, if I recall it was confirmed to take place (heavy if not completely) in Vietnam.

Zolar
05-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Haha cool! I'm playing CoD: MW2 right now, just got the expandtion pack

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Haha cool! I'm playing CoD: MW2 right now, just got the expantion pack

Is it any good? I haven't played MW2 in a while...

Zolar
05-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Oh yeah its awesome! Five maps for $15, they all are amazing! You need to get back on. Lol

Black Hawk
05-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Oh yeah its awesome! Five maps for $15, they all are amazing! You need to get back on. Lol

Activision is playing you. The CoD4 pack was 5 maps for $10. And they were all original. This map pack, they charge 5$ extra for three piece of **** maps and two maps you could just play on a game you should already have.

Zolar
05-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Oh well..... I'm stoopid like that :D That doesn't mean they aren't fun

Negative Zone
05-09-2010, 02:49 AM
CoD4 map pack was only 4 maps. A lot of people complain about "OOOH THERE ARE REMAKES WHAT A BAD MAP PACK" But let's think here. Two remade maps. three new ones. Let's say the remakes were free. That's five dollars a map, right? Well, one of CoD4's map pack maps was a remake, and one you never saw, so that's basically only two maps that you paid for. Since it was ten dollars, it was only five dollars a map. They're worth the same. :o

Zolar
05-09-2010, 03:31 AM
Well said! I agree completly

Vanity
05-09-2010, 06:12 AM
CoD7 is set in multiple settings that include Vietnam, South Africa, South America etc. It's all about running through a soldiers memories, sort of similar to Assassin's Creed.

Zolar
05-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Sort of like Assassin's Creed huh? This should be an interesting game :P

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-09-2010, 06:34 PM
CoD7 is set in multiple settings that include Vietnam, South Africa, South America etc. It's all about running through a soldiers memories, sort of similar to Assassin's Creed.

Yeah, that's what I had heard.

And like Assassin's Creed in theory, but I doubt it'll be an open-world game.

Vanity
05-14-2010, 09:59 AM

Yeah, it's true that I agree there, on the second thing.

I hope it brings back the M40A3, that's my all time favorite gun and all I do is quickscope online, ;D.

Neo Emolga
05-14-2010, 01:03 PM
MW2 was okay in the beginning, but I found it got more and more distasteful as time went on, especially after playing other FPS games like Battlefield Bad Company 2. Not to mention it felt like 80% of the people playing were children under 13 years old.

Unless CoD: Black Ops really cleans up after what happened in MW2, I don't see any real reason to get it.

Stardy
05-14-2010, 01:26 PM
"While there’s been upheaval at Modern Warfare 2 developer Infinity Ward, Activision is clearly setting up for the future by grabbing “Call of Duty: Future Warfare”, “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare”, “Call of Duty: Secret Warfare” and “Call of Duty: Space Warfare”. It’s also snapped up variants with “2” and “3” added."

The source. (http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2010/05/14/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-sequel-names-nabbed-by-activision/)

Oh dear.

ALTHOUGH

We know that Sledgehammer Games is working on a Call of Duty game that Activision says will “extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre”.
I am interested by that.

Negative Zone
05-15-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm honestly really excited to see what the zombie game will be like in this one. Me and my dad, that's all we played after the multiplayer in WaW got boring.

Vanity
05-16-2010, 02:25 AM
I see it being more of a mix of Spec ops and Zombies instead of just Zombies. I see like certain challenges set with zombies, but IDK.

Also, I think black ops will be good, Treyarch seem to be more gory, driving younger kids away. I am 14, but turning 15 in like a month or 2. I seriously enjoyed CoD:5 though. All bolt actions for sniper, Local Search online, and a truly long and challenging story mode.

Negative Zone
05-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Yes, I loved the all bolt action sniper rifles. Arisaka was the best, IMO.

Zolar
05-16-2010, 11:41 PM

If it's an open-world game, I think CoD's reputation would go down the toilet. It would be an epic fail if it were like Assassin's Creed in that way. Anything else like going through an actual soldier's memories would be awesome.

Hypocrisy is Fun
05-17-2010, 01:46 AM
The last two Treyarch CoDs pretty much sucked. (except for zombies)

MW2 was a disappointment, and all Trey really does is build off the last IW CoD, so I'm fairly sure that if they stick to that, this game will be awful.

Zolar
05-17-2010, 02:18 AM
True that. Well I guess the only way to know is to wait.

spartan117
05-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I never liked COD5 besides Zombies but we'll see how this one is going to be....

Zolar
05-23-2010, 03:30 PM
I won't let this thread die!!!

So yeah I can't wait for it. I hope it has better graphics than some of the other Treyarch games. Just hope it has some great storyline.

LS
05-27-2010, 03:50 AM
Activision is playing you. The CoD4 pack was 5 maps for $10. And they were all original. This map pack, they charge 5$ extra for three piece of **** maps and two maps you could just play on a game you should already have.

It was actually 4 maps for the price of $10. Everything on XBL these days is selling for $15. It's not just Activision.. Most Arcade games used to be 400 MS now the new ones are 1200.. Get in with the timings.

Oh and Black Ops is going to be interesting.. and hopefully fix all the glitches and lame perks in MW2.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-27-2010, 04:27 AM
The last two Treyarch CoDs pretty much sucked. (except for zombies)

MW2 was a disappointment, and all Trey really does is build off the last IW CoD, so I'm fairly sure that if they stick to that, this game will be awful.

I actually loved COD:WAW and thought it was the best COD game this gen. COD4 is awesome but overrated and MW2 is just bad. COD2 is good but shows just how little the COD engine has progressed from then up to now (not an insult to COD2, just to the engine and the laziness of Infinity Ward/Treyarch using it). COD3 I have played bits and pieces of and, while not nearly as bad as everyone says it is, it's not great.

If I had to make a short wish-list for Black Ops, it would be the campaign and Nazi Zombies co-op of WAW, the online of COD4 and the whole of MW2 as a guide of what NOT to do.

Synester
06-03-2010, 04:09 AM
I want it now. Then again, I only play CoD for the online. :rolleyes:

Negative Zone
06-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Well, this is a bit off topic, but it's about MW2, so, uh, I guess it's fine? Anyway, I wish there was a playlist for just Search and Destroy Map Pack. ;_;

Zolar
06-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Please don't count this as reviving a thread :sad:

AnywayI've seen some videos and I'm almost positive there will be helicopters in the multiplayer for online. I saw two people fly around and shoot at people, pretty tight in my mind.