PDA

View Full Version : Pkmn Trainer Red - Easy?

Taylor
05-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Well, today, I finished HG, and I found the battle with Red to be far too easy. I did it with a level 84 Weezing which knows:-
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Ghost Bond (Or Something)
So, is he easy in your opinion, or hard?

Altrius
05-21-2010, 03:39 PM
It was probably easy because your Weezing was over leveled. I did it when my team were around level 65, and found it a nice challenge. Over leveling or leveling one pokemon makes the game a lot easier :/

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Yes, while taking way too much time leveling the Pokemon up, it is not a nice way to enjoy the game. I figure, after you beat the champion you can use all the time in the world for lvling, which you have done. But since the game technically doesn't end until you beat Red... I guess I could say that yes, you over leveled you dudes... I just beef my Pokemon up before a major battle, like Lance. I just ran around and around in the cave of victory road.

Taylor
05-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Well, I just got him traded to me at Level 55, after I had beaten Clair but before I had Caught Ho-Oh, meaning I hadnt been in Kanto yet. From there, I didnt power train, I just killed things. And, before that trade, I had a Level 50 Typhlosion, which wasnt power trained either.

EDIT: A second after this post, I realized it was traded, meaning I got boosted XP. My bad.

QuestionablyRoyal
05-22-2010, 06:55 AM
beat him with a level 79 Tangrowth... (That things sp.def is EPIC. xDDD)

The pokemaster
05-22-2010, 07:35 AM
Lol, already a thread for this. Anyway, yeh I don't like overleveling. I like keeping things lower levels then they should, more fun that way :P

Pink Leon
05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
He's easy if you can get past his Pikachu. It's his first, and his best, in my opinion. It really depends on the pokemon you're using though. I managed to beat his Lv. 88 Pikachu with the Donphan I hatched and trained - The Donphan was level 29. It only took one Earthquake. =] I was quite amazed. xD

were10
05-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Hmmhmhm my team was all 68-75 and it took me 30mins to beat him without dying :P so it was a good challenge

enigma909
05-24-2010, 04:49 AM
yes he is too easy but i like the fact that theres two areas joined together hopefully they make a game that has all the areas like kanto johto hoenn sinnoh and in the the nintendo wii now that would be a cool game ill be playing for hours and online battling:cool:

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-24-2010, 07:35 AM
I seriously think that is off topic, but whatever. The fact is Red is not easy if you don't over level your Pokemon. A lot of players grind their Pokemon, which is not the way to play. I could understand if one of your Pokemon was completely lagging behind, but some people have level 90 Pokemon by the time they battle him. Me, all my Pokemon are only around level 60.

Dartz
05-27-2010, 03:49 PM
He was a really tough opponent for me as my poke's lvl was lower than his pokemon
when i defeated him , i had only my arcues left

dragonliu
05-30-2010, 10:55 PM
It was pretty hard for me thanks to my team being around level 64. Pikachu and Lapras kept on owning me with Volt Tackle, Psychic, and Blizzard.