PDA

View Full Version : RNG abuse for HG, need help please

Lost Soul
05-25-2010, 03:49 AM
so i'm having some issues trying to learn how to RNG breed, i have all the info necessary, Trainer ID, SID, and learned how to get the intial seed, but what always happens when i try to pull for a shiny egg, no results turn up

even if i just try to get specific ivs i don't know exactly what to do from there, when i decide on the egg that i want to hatch, what do i do from there? if its say 5th on the list is that the amount of eggs i need to go through before i pull the one that i want?

also, what significance does the prof elm response have to getting the egg i want
sorry if i'm sounding extremely noobish,

i haven't found anything specific concerning RNG for HG anywhere, i've been looking for a couple days now, but they all come up for DPPT, and I don't know if the process is different and how much

so if anyone can help me that would be Greeaaat, and thanks in advance

KageryuEX
05-25-2010, 11:49 AM
so i'm having some issues trying to learn how to RNG breed, i have all the info necessary, Trainer ID, SID, and learned how to get the intial seed, but what always happens when i try to pull for a shiny egg, no results turn up

even if i just try to get specific ivs i don't know exactly what to do from there, when i decide on the egg that i want to hatch, what do i do from there? if its say 5th on the list is that the amount of eggs i need to go through before i pull the one that i want?

also, what significance does the prof elm response have to getting the egg i want
sorry if i'm sounding extremely noobish,

i haven't found anything specific concerning RNG for HG anywhere, i've been looking for a couple days now, but they all come up for DPPT, and I don't know if the process is different and how much

so if anyone can help me that would be Greeaaat, and thanks in advance
The Professor Elm responses are used to verify your seed. At the same time they advance the frame as well.
By the way, from what you wrote, it sounds like you just hit your seed without advancing your frame at all. o.O
Anyway, check this out for general help regarding HG/SS RNG abuse:
I am a link :D (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2559264&postcount=2)

Lost Soul
05-25-2010, 03:35 PM
The Professor Elm responses are used to verify your seed. At the same time they advance the frame as well.
By the way, from what you wrote, it sounds like you just hit your seed without advancing your frame at all. o.O
Anyway, check this out for general help regarding HG/SS RNG abuse:
I am a link :D (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2559264&postcount=2)
i'm going to get specific as possible so if theres something i'm doing wrong it would be easier to point it out

from what i understand of what i read, (though i'm not sure that i understand any of it lol) is that you run through the title screens as fast as possible, mark the time you hit a on the continue screen, and catch a level 50 or up pkmn,

you then input the stats and you get an initial seed, as well as seconds (which i got as a 5) and delay (which was 508),

i click ok, and the seed gets inputted into RNG,

from the method drop down box i select breeding (HGSS)

i then tick the shiny only box and nothing gets generated, so either i can never ever breed a shiny or i'm doing something wrong

and that's where i'm at

thanks again for any help