PDA

View Full Version : Monotype Challenge

D Nite
06-24-2010, 02:57 AM
First off, for the people who don't know what the Monotype Challenge is, it's a run through the game using only one type of pokemon, and they can be dual type as long as they have the type you are doing. For types that you can't get early in the game (dragon type) you can trade one pokemon of that type(preferably level 5 highest level you can trade is 10). Also for types that have a certain type in a later evolution but not in the early ones (nidoran and Nidoking/queen) you must get the evolution that has your type as soon as you can.

To Complete the challenge, your going to need to beat the Elite Four after you collect all 16 badges, and have beaten Red.

I chose Grass for my Monotype Challenge.

Current progress: Cianwood Gym
My Team:
Meganium@miracle seed, Gentle nature Lvl 35
Tackle
Synthesis
Petal Dance
Reflect

Gloom, Modest nature, lvl 21
Mega Drain
Stun Spore
Acid
Sleep Powder

Bellsprout, Lonely nature lvl 3 (sacrifice to heal other pokemon)
Vine Whip
Cut
Flash

Krabby (hm slave)

Zubat (Fly)

Have a lvl 27 bellsprout and lvl 23 paras in the daycare.

Types(in alphabetical order)
Bug
Dark
Dragon
Electric
Fighting
Fire
Flying
Ghost
Grass
Ground
Ice
Normal
Poison
Psychic
Rock
Steel
Water

Whatever type I choose, I will more than likely be posting the team I'm currently using.

If anyone else is interested in a Monotype Challenge and wishes to post in this thread, I'll keep a count/tally of each person doing each type.

Count format will look like this
[Type] Progress: 3 Beat: 0
or
[Type] (3) (0) Not sure which one would be better

If this thread does good enough, We (PE2K members) could create a list that would generalize a list that would summarize on which types are the hardest, and which 0types

If doing a Monotype Challenge, feel free to post the type your going to be doing, and your progress.