PDA

View Full Version : Help connecting to WI-FI

Cherries
07-03-2010, 03:26 PM
OK, so first I searched access point and found my point than it had a GREY Padlock.

What would I do to make it a different color, what kind of pass words does Nintendo DS support so that I can connect?

Hero_Of_Legend_Brendan
07-05-2010, 04:41 AM
if it's greyed out then that means that it is not DS Wi-Fi compatable. You'll have to find an access point that is not greyed out. It's best if u find one that does not require a WEP key (unlocked symbol). The second option (and most likely the better one to go with) is get a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector (will only allow nintendo products to use it). One more thing, be on the look out for non-wireless wired access points. Strangly enough those can also be used (don't think that it's common to find those though. But that's the situation that I'm in. No lies). Hope that helped a bit.

Cherries
07-05-2010, 04:34 PM
if it's greyed out then that means that it is not DS Wi-Fi compatable. You'll have to find an access point that is not greyed out. It's best if u find one that does not require a WEP key (unlocked symbol). The second option (and most likely the better one to go with) is get a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector (will only allow nintendo products to use it). One more thing, be on the look out for non-wireless wired access points. Strangly enough those can also be used (don't think that it's common to find those though. But that's the situation that I'm in. No lies). Hope that helped a bit.
A little bit actualy, so I need to fix the p/w so it is almost unprotected, cuz right now its got like 3 sets of p/ws on it. and where would I find this nintendo wifi usb thing?

OH! Is there anyway I can get signal through my Wii?!

Elrond
07-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm pretty sure the USB Connector was discontinued, so I dunno if you'd even be able to buy one. It only works on Windows XP and some versions of Vista (I never got it working on mine). My suggestion would be to go here (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/) to get Wi-Fi help.

Hero_Of_Legend_Brendan
07-05-2010, 09:29 PM
the usb connector can probably be found anywhere that sells electronics or a pawn shop. And the wii goes by the same wi-fi princaples as the DS. I think u can also do a wired connection for the wii, but I'm not sure. U are able to do that for the 64 and GC to play smash bros over the internet, so I'd think u can do that for the wii as well.

Grassy_Aggron
07-06-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm pretty sure the USB Connector was discontinued, so I dunno if you'd even be able to buy one. It only works on Windows XP and some versions of Vista (I never got it working on mine). My suggestion would be to go here (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/) to get Wi-Fi help.

It was discontinued. Believe me, I tried getting one, and all Nintendo did was give me the run around. To this day I lack WiFi on my DS Lite (I have it on my Wii though).

Basically, they discontinued the USB Connector so it would force customers to buy the more expensive DSi, which can connect easier.

I'm afraid I lack any help on getting a connection, however...The Wii and DS are rather different in connecting.

Cherries
07-06-2010, 12:22 AM
WEll what I wanna know is if you can like take a signa lfrom your wii, cuz I can get it on my wii but on my ds I have lots of trouble.

Grassy_Aggron
07-06-2010, 12:28 AM
I don't think you can, as the Wii uses the incompatible type of connection; the one the DS can't use. The DS can connect to the Wii, but it cannot connect to the Internet, from what I know.

Although my guyfriend's brother has been able to download some free games from the Wii to his DS Lite, I'm not sure how. His has channels and everything; mine doesn't. I don't have the money for Wii points XD

Cherries
07-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Well, so does anyone know than, what kind of p/w it will support?

dragonace373
07-06-2010, 01:20 AM
the normal ds and ds lite support wep.
i think the dsi and dsi xl support wep and wpa

Cherries
07-06-2010, 03:48 AM
the normal ds and ds lite support wep.
i think the dsi and dsi xl support wep and wpa
Now that helps a ton thank you so much =) I think im triple p/w'd

Using WPA + TPK (I think its called this) + WPA

=)) And how would I change the type of password again??? To only WPA?