PDA

View Full Version : EV Points

Suicune
04-05-2004, 07:37 PM
Am I correct in thinking that it is beneficial to have a pokemon hold the Macho Brace to maximize ev's. In other words, Is it good to try and get the maximum amount of ev's at the lowest level as fast as possible?

Ironshell Blastoise
04-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Yes, yes, and yes

Suicune
04-05-2004, 07:42 PM
thanks a lot

Ruben
04-07-2004, 01:24 PM
two similair questions:

1) Why so early as possible ?
2) Where can you findt that item you must attach ?

- Ruben

Thunderbird
04-07-2004, 04:46 PM
u can find macro brace the route above maville city. in the route u will see a house, battle the four trainers and talk to the mother on the bottom-right side of the table.

Ruben
04-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Thx thunderbird, you are ALWAYS there to help me :lol:
Thx again :wink:

PS: Do you also know why it's best to get it as soon as possible. I dont have them full yet, because i didn't know it existed... But i have battled a lot, weird that it's not full yet... :think:

- Ruben :dance:

Thunderbird
04-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Thx thunderbird, you are ALWAYS there to help me :lol:
Thx again :wink:

PS: Do you also know why it's best to get it as soon as possible. I dont have them full yet, because i didn't know it existed... But i have battled a lot, weird that it's not full yet... :think:

- Ruben :dance:
no prob, always glad to help :wink:

For the EV pts thing, i no it's true but i dunno how to explain... Somehow like if u get it full asap u'll hv more stats gain.
to check if EV pts ar full or not, talk to a woman in slatport city market. if your pokemon's EV is full, she'll give your pokemon an effort ribbon.
yea, EVs need a lot of battles to be fulled up... my pokemon is at lv50+ when i recieve the effort ribbon. so u probably want your pokemon to wear macho brace to max the EV pts asap.

Suicune
04-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Update: I did what you said thunderbird and I started Ruby Version with Mudkip. Since I have Sapphire version I traded hp ups, iron, protein, etc. to my Ruby. (IT TOOK FOREVER!) But my Marshtomp had full ev's at level 21 or earlier because I talked to the Lady at Slateport and my Marshtomp got it at 21. Thanks for your help. I always wondered what determined when you get the ribbon and now I know. Hopefully this ev training thing will work. My Mudkip is now a Swampert at level 70 sumthin and he looks like he will turn out stronger than the other 3. :) Thanks again.

Ruben
04-08-2004, 07:55 PM
no prob, always glad to help :wink:

For the EV pts thing, i no it's true but i dunno how to explain... Somehow like if u get it full asap u'll hv more stats gain.
to check if EV pts ar full or not, talk to a woman in slatport city market. if your pokemon's EV is full, she'll give your pokemon an effort ribbon.
yea, EVs need a lot of battles to be fulled up... my pokemon is at lv50+ when i recieve the effort ribbon. so u probably want your pokemon to wear macho brace to max the EV pts asap.

Also thx thunderbird :cool: :lol: I brought my feebas and my altaria to the daycare, now i have a feebas lv.5 with the move dragonbreath (all that work for that stupid move ? :eh:) Lol, ow well... I'm gonna try to get his EV's as soon as possible, tough I don't like his speed to be cut, but ow well... Byebye now, i rented 'Looney Tunes back in action', i can't wait :eek: :liar: lol
PS: ALSO THX ON THE FEEBAS-CASE !!! :) But i still have one question (i posted it on that topic) THX FOR YOU HELP !

- Ruben :biggrin:

PS2: My rank is upgraded!!! :biggrin: :cool: lol

Thunderbird
04-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Update: I did what you said thunderbird and I started Ruby Version with Mudkip. Since I have Sapphire version I traded hp ups, iron, protein, etc. to my Ruby. (IT TOOK FOREVER!) But my Marshtomp had full ev's at level 21 or earlier because I talked to the Lady at Slateport and my Marshtomp got it at 21. Thanks for your help. I always wondered what determined when you get the ribbon and now I know. Hopefully this ev training thing will work. My Mudkip is now a Swampert at level 70 sumthin and he looks like he will turn out stronger than the other 3. :) Thanks again.
u're welcome Suicune :happy:

Also thx thunderbird :cool: :lol: I brought my feebas and my altaria to the daycare, now i have a feebas lv.5 with the move dragonbreath (all that work for that stupid move ? :eh:) Lol, ow well... I'm gonna try to get his EV's as soon as possible, tough I don't like his speed to be cut, but ow well... Byebye now, i rented 'Looney Tunes back in action', i can't wait :eek: :liar: lol
PS: ALSO THX ON THE FEEBAS-CASE !!! :) But i still have one question (i posted it on that topic) THX FOR YOU HELP !

- Ruben :biggrin:

PS2: My rank is upgraded!!! :biggrin: :cool: lol
Welcome too :wink: But wait, dun train Feebas until it evolves to Milotic!! if u leveled up Feebas u missed a lot of Milotic's great moves.

Kan
04-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Somehow like if u get it full asap u'll hv more stats gain.

Just wanted to clarify that...it doesn't matter when you max out your EVs; your stats will change according to how many you've gained no matter what your level is. So, if I maxed a Magikarp's EVs at level 20, when it reached level 60 it would have the same stats as if I had maxed it at level 50 instead. Just wanted to point that out... :wink: :beard:

Steven
04-10-2004, 10:42 AM
No one seems to mention that you can buy vitamins from the energy guru when it says he's 'going to go for it' on tv for only 4900 instead of 9800 after you beat the e4

Ruben
04-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Okay, lol, here is my very last EV-question.

Q: if you attach 'EXP.-share' to a pokemon, will it still receive his/her EV's ?

PS: (already) THX thunderbird :silly:

- Ruben V. :banana:

Thunderbird
04-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Okay, lol, here is my very last EV-question.

Q: if you attach 'EXP.-share' to a pokemon, will it still receive his/her EV's ?

PS: (already) THX thunderbird :silly:

yes, the pokemon attached with EXP share will share the EVs among all the pokemon who participate in battles.

Ruben
04-10-2004, 05:24 PM
yes, the pokemon attached with EXP share will share the EVs among all the pokemon who participate in battles.

Example: If i give EXP.Share to my Manectric, and I fight with my Groudon, and like my Manectric upgrades a level, will it get the same EV points as he would if he would fight alone ?

White Shadow
04-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Yeah, last time I checked, pokemon holding EXP share get the same EV as the pokemon doing the battling. Macho Brace + EXP Share = Gimme mah Effort Ribbon, woman! o@;

Ruben
04-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Yeah, last time I checked, pokemon holding EXP share get the same EV as the pokemon doing the battling. Macho Brace + EXP Share = Gimme mah Effort Ribbon, woman! o@;

LOL ! :P But you can't hold 2 items... 0.o You maybe mean : firste exp.share andt then macho brace. Anyhow, thx, because i was to afraid to use EXP Share untill now, see ya !

art
04-13-2004, 11:23 AM
well, doesn't EXP share work differently? give it to a pokémon in yer party, and he'll get his share of EXP and EV's, no matter which pokémon you send out.