PDA

View Full Version : [DS] The Institute

tranland
09-21-2010, 01:26 AM
The discussion thread for The Institute. Come and argue story ideas, discuss characters, marvel at the mysteries of life, or just chillax.

Players
Tranland as the Gengar Vesper and the Rocket Surgeon Dr. James Harper
Across The Universe as the Flareon Jason Brandly
Windchaser as the Metang Anthony
Doodlebop as the Arcanine Marcus Peace and the Rocket Executive Alexandra Morrin
Monday as the Charizard Checkers
Mewcario as the Zoroark Matthias Cronqvist
Gentle Manne as the Feraligatr Dennis and the Rocket Executive Vostok Exocet

Role Play http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108987
Discussion Thread http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108962

tranland
09-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Hi guys~ Great start so far. Everybody just jumped at that open thread, haha. I do have a note for Monday -- sorry if I wasn't clear, but the pokemon your character has are being held in another part of the Institute. Team Rocket won't just let you have a pokemon - essentially a weapon - would they? Naw. If you want them back, you'll have to find a way to get them back. Go adventuring and whatnot. And once you break all those rules, you'll probably have to escape, so it'll likely be a pretty drawn out thing, right? Once you're out, not much left to do in the RP is there? :D

No worries, not a problem; but please fix it when you get the chance. It shouldn't be too hard. You could have Checkers remembering his Charmander, perhaps?

Doodlebop
09-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Hello all. :)

We opened reeeally fast. :eek: Don't we need team rocket members? I could make one.

Ahaha, poor Vesper. The boys outnumber her 5 to 1 (6 to 1, if you count Dennis). Something tells me she won't let this slow her up, though. xD

Monday
09-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Hah sorry i didn't mean to :redface: I changed it tho so I hope its ok now

Windchaser54321
09-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah, we're kind of imbalanced on the whole Rocket-Morph thing...I could make another character, or Anthony could become a Rocket really fast...?

And another note, stupid fire types. Anthony is gonna be really stoopid...

AcrossTheUniverse
09-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah, we're kind of imbalanced on the whole Rocket-Morph thing...I could make another character, or Anthony could become a Rocket really fast...?

I'm the one with the heat. Just stay away from me and you should be good. lol

But yea, if we need Team Rocket members (Which I just noticed that we really do), I could make a sign up for one as well.

tranland
09-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Thanks for taking care of that, Monday. Nice save. :)

Yeah, we opened SO fast. But I figured we needed a timely start, especially because we already had six people waiting. I had to put a cap on the number of players allowed to join. Any more than eight and I think it will be too hard to follow. So we've got one spot left for a Rocket, haha. Whoever posts the best Rocket sign up gets the part! No harm in a little friendly competition.

Originally posted by Doodlebop
Ahaha, poor Vesper. The boys outnumber her 5 to 1 (6 to 1, if you count Dennis). Something tells me she won't let this slow her up, though. xD
And yes, @Doodlebop, poor Vesper. But I think there will be plenty of opportunities for romance and rivalry.

Lookin good, everybody.

AcrossTheUniverse
09-25-2010, 01:28 AM
And yes, @Doodlebop, poor Vesper. But I think there will be plenty of opportunities for romance and rivalry.

Lookin good, everybody.[/QUOTE]

No romance for Jason =[
Unless any of the guys want to convert their sexuality. lol
Sad life.

Master Zorua
09-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Sorry, I won't be changing out my straightness. Besides, my character will be going slightly mad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAXTtiBI_Ak) like Jekyll and Hyde. :devious: :twisted:

Doodlebop
09-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Meh, the idea of Marcus being gay doesn't really... work with his character. Then again, romance, PERIOD, doesn't really work with his charrie.

So, I'm thinking I'll make a rocket. a Female rocket. xD

Lol, yeah, I noticed that afterwards. Whoops?

Oh, well. If Anthony can just hit Marcus first, he should be good. Marcus doesn't radiate any heat.

Gentle Manne
09-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Hmm, I think I'll make a rocket too.

In fact, I'LL DO IT NOW.

Doodlebop
09-25-2010, 02:48 PM
DOOO EEEET /hit

Anyway, I made a Rocket. :P I made her an executive. I didn't want her to be just a grunt- she's too smart for that- but I didn't know what was the next rank up, so I was just kinda like 'uh.... OKAY! Executive?'

tranland
09-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Anyway, I made a Rocket. :P I made her an executive. I didn't want her to be just a grunt- she's too smart for that- but I didn't know what was the next rank up, so I was just kinda like 'uh.... OKAY! Executive?'

Nice sign up, Doodlebop. You just won like ten bonus points for making her female. Haha, jk. But seriously, anyone who wants to make a Rocket, go for it! Maybe I'll pick more than one...

Monday
09-25-2010, 06:28 PM
No romance for Jason

@ATU Checkers could turn gay buuuuut it wont really work unless you can get into his good books.

@All of ya
Sorry if Checkers seems rude and a bit of an idiot but he should turn out ok...soon. :happy:

tranland
09-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Sorry if Checkers seems rude and a bit of an idiot but he should turn out ok...soon. :happy:

There's always that one character... I like him. :)

AcrossTheUniverse
09-25-2010, 06:41 PM
@ATU Checkers could turn gay buuuuut it wont really work unless you can get into his good books.

@All of ya

Well, don't worry about that. Jason will prove himself strong in the arena. And possibly even outside of the arena, if someone can get him angry enough. Which is hard to do.

But he's just the weaker character of the group (Emotionally) Every group needs one. He'll warm up though as he gets to know everyone better

Doodlebop
09-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Nice sign up, Doodlebop. You just won like ten bonus points for making her female. Haha, jk. But seriously, anyone who wants to make a Rocket, go for it! Maybe I'll pick more than one...

Cool. :)

Well, you're allowed to have two characters, so I figured it would be fine. :P

Lol, I like Anthony comparing everyone to chess pieces... But I can't figure out who Marcus is... O.o

The Enemy was the king- the most valuable piece on the board, but also the weakest. The Moody One and the Feraligatr-morph were rooks- powerful and blunt. The Shapeshifter and the Negotiator were craftier, less sharp edges and more smoke and mirrors. They were the bishops.

Which leaves the Female as the queen: the most powerful piece on the board. And I...am the knight? It suits. The knight is the only piece capable of taking out the queen without the queen being able to eliminate him. And the queen is the key.

Uh, is he the Negotiator...? Because Marcus is not crafty. xD He's not smart enough. But the metaphors and stuff is really cool.

I really like all our characters. No one is similar, so this should be interesting. Either they'll be really tight, or rip each others head's off. xD

tranland
09-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Lol, I like Anthony comparing everyone to chess pieces... But I can't figure out who Marcus is... O.o

Uh, is he the Negotiator...? Because Marcus is not crafty. xD He's not smart enough. But the metaphors and stuff is really cool.

I really like all our characters. No one is similar, so this should be interesting. Either they'll be really tight, or rip each others head's off. xD

LOVING the chess metaphor. Because Vesper is queen. HAH. But that also means Anthony will try to kill her??? I'm getting Negotiator from that Marcus predicament as well. I think it's because he's trying to get everyone to cool down and not fight.

I just like Anthony in general, I must say. But I like everybody. I like how completely dissimilar they all are.

AcrossTheUniverse
09-26-2010, 05:34 PM
The chess metaphor has totally been my favorite so far. I liked how Jason was the King. I felt like so hated, yet dangerous at the same time. It was scary but cool. lol

I agree with how different they all are makes everything interesting. It might be hard to get all of those personalities to work together.

tranland
09-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Obviously. Have you read this RP? Hahaha! I just finished reading the rest of the thread (through #23). Marcus is definitely the negotiator now, lol.

tranland
09-26-2010, 05:40 PM
BTdubs - if anybody else wants to make a Rocket, I'll be selecting very soon. Time is running out! We are in desperate need of a Rocket/plot device.

Doodlebop
09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
I guess, but the idea of Marcus being crafty is kinda silly. xD Because he's not. Even if he was smart enough to be crafty, he wouldn't because he's too nice. Maybe Anthony thinks he is or something.

Master Zorua
09-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Well, my character is definitely got something planned for post arena.

Windchaser54321
09-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Sweet, people like me.

I guess, but the idea of Marcus being crafty is kinda silly. xD Because he's not. Even if he was smart enough to be crafty, he wouldn't because he's too nice. Maybe Anthony thinks he is or something.

Yeah, I was running out of awesomely awesome epic titles to give people. The Nice Guy just doesn't work, does it? So, tranland was right on the reason why I called him that. Negotiator for the win.

LOVING the chess metaphor. Because Vesper is queen. HAH. But that also means Anthony will try to kill her???

Yes. Anthony's going to kill her. Anthony's going to go batshit insane and kill everyone. Nah, just kidding- the knight is supposed to be a metaphor for his eccentricity, and, then, afterwards, I was like, "Hey, wait a minute!" So, yeah.

tranland
09-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Well, my character is definitely got something planned for post arena.

Yes! Good! I think our Rocket needs to send us straight to the Arena.

Gentle Manne
09-26-2010, 07:36 PM
So when are we getting to the Arena? Dennis isn't in a good mood and that definitely influences his outcome in the Arena. :razz:

tranland
09-26-2010, 08:11 PM
So when are we getting to the Arena? Dennis isn't in a good mood and that definitely influences his outcome in the Arena. :razz:

I think when we get our Rocket, it should be morning and he or she should send the Morphs to the Arena. I'll choose the Rocket tonight, so I guess this is the last call for sign ups.

Doodlebop
09-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Sweet, people like me.

Yeah, I was running out of awesomely awesome epic titles to give people. The Nice Guy just doesn't work, does it? So, tranland was right on the reason why I called him that. Negotiator for the win.

Yes. Anthony's going to kill her. Anthony's going to go batshit insane and kill everyone. Nah, just kidding- the knight is supposed to be a metaphor for his eccentricity, and, then, afterwards, I was like, "Hey, wait a minute!" So, yeah.

I suppose not.... Uhm... The... ah... I got nuthin'. /hit

Hmm, so what I can gather....

Marcus is the nice, moral support guy.

Vesper is... the girl... uhm... Yeah. She's difficult to define. The cynic?

Checkers seems to be anithero-ish. I dunno. Monday says he'll turn around, though.

Matthias is the smart one.

Dennis is the tough guy. OH YEAH. /hit

Aaaand Anthony is the one who's going to murder us in our sleep... Or while we're awake. Something tells me he's not picky. xD

AcrossTheUniverse
09-27-2010, 12:58 AM
I suppose not.... Uhm... The... ah... I got nuthin'. /hit

Hmm, so what I can gather....

Marcus is the nice, moral support guy.

Checkers seems to be anithero-ish. I dunno. Monday says he'll turn around, though.

Matthias is the smart one.

Dennis is the tough guy. OH YEAH. /hit

Aaaand Anthony is the one who's going to murder us in our sleep... Or while we're awake. Something tells me he's not picky. xD

Hey what about Jason??

Doodlebop
09-27-2010, 01:06 AM
Snap, I knew I forgot somebody. Ah.... The guy you want to pack up in a box and take home. GIVE HIM A SHNUGGLE.

...What? I like hugs. Is that a problem?

AcrossTheUniverse
09-27-2010, 01:21 AM
Snap, I knew I forgot somebody. Ah.... The guy you want to pack up in a box and take home. GIVE HIM A SHNUGGLE.

...What? I like hugs. Is that a problem?

Awww =]
I like this. lol
Well I think it's a good thing Jason comes across as that

Gentle Manne
09-27-2010, 01:26 AM
I thought someone would notice Dennis almost knocked a hole in the wall D:

tranland
09-27-2010, 01:29 AM

I prefer queen. MWAHAHA.

On another note, our Rocket has been selected. Congrats, Doodle. Sorry, Gentle Manne, no hard feelings? And I swear it had nothing to do with the fact that Alex is female! XD Although Vesper is in dire need of some fellow femininity/a tea party.

Doodle: I think it would be appropriate to involve some Rocket NPCs into your character's entries - in fact, I think we could all do that.

Gentle Manne
09-27-2010, 01:34 AM
Sorry, Gentle Manne, no hard feelings? And I swear it had nothing to do with the fact that Alex is female! XD

Don't worry about it, it's no big deal! I'm just glad I'm IN this.

Doodlebop
09-27-2010, 01:38 AM
AcrossTheUniverse: You're welcome. :) I'll hug anything that moves/doesn't move, though. xD

Gentle Manne: Oops, forgot to put that in. xD

Tranland: Oh, really? Thank you! :D

That's a good idea. :)

Oh, and just call me Doodle.

Windchaser54321
09-27-2010, 01:44 AM
Congrats, Doodle, for gaining the honored position of the one who will sentence us all to our DOOM.

And, on a side note, when will the Arena-ness begin? Soon, I take it?

tranland
09-27-2010, 01:44 AM
I thought someone would notice Dennis almost knocked a hole in the wall D:

I plan having Vesper notice, actually. Depends on when I end up posting, haha.

I just thought of something, and this goes for all of us: if you want your character to interact with another character (which is SO HARD not to do... I feel like I would bunny everybody if it was allowed), initiate a direct interaction. It should involve whoever you're trying to get attention from. i.e. if you fall, nobody cares, but if you fall on someone, they will probably react. lol

tranland
09-27-2010, 01:48 AM
And, on a side note, when will the Arena-ness begin? Soon, I take it?

I am like this close to making match ups and having an NPC deliver them in the morning. But that's kind of godmodding, even though it is my RP. I dunno. Or we could all just be released into the Arena for our cell's "shift" and fight or not fight whoever we want. Or Doodle's rocket can send us in. I dunno. Thoughts?

Doodlebop
09-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Congrats, Doodle, for gaining the honored position of the one who will sentence us all to our DOOM.

Thank you? O.o

I don't think it's Godmodding. :P I mean, if you just go and announce it... Or you could PM me them and I can have Alex go tell them. However, can we do this later? My brother's gonna strangle me if I don't go outside with him. :P

Windchaser54321
09-27-2010, 02:38 AM
I am like this close to making match ups and having an NPC deliver them in the morning. But that's kind of godmodding, even though it is my RP. I dunno. Or we could all just be released into the Arena for our cell's "shift" and fight or not fight whoever we want. Or Doodle's rocket can send us in. I dunno. Thoughts?
Personally, I like the idea of match-ups. A free-for-all would just get messy and unorganized pretty quick, and one and one let's character development and relationships and messy stuff like that flower.

Also, like you said, it is your RP. Even if it was god-modding, I think the creator has full rein to do whatever they feel like to what he or she created.

tranland
09-27-2010, 11:34 PM
I think... now would be an excellent time for some Rocket intervention... get us out of here, Doodle.

tranland
09-28-2010, 01:58 AM
Gentle Manne, just a heads up: Vesper's not naked, ahhaha! :oops: And the spikes are coming from her back, like a Gengar. But! I wasn't clear. At all. Now that I read it even I'm confused. So I'll go fix mine and you can go fix yours? Naked Vesper just sounds awwwwk. I'll put this in instead:

She ripped off her blazer. I must be insane. She ripped off her blouse. I must be insane. The black, close-fitting halter underneath her clothes covered her front and left her white back bare, where purple-black spikes sprang up like the volatile aft of a Gengar.

Gentle Manne
09-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Sorry. :oops: I read bare white so that's what I had assumed. I'll fix it.

tranland
09-28-2010, 04:05 AM
No probs. It was my bad. :D

Doodlebop
09-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Oh ho-ho-holy cow. O.o I leave for a afternoon and you guys start fighting and stripping simultanously...? I can't do it now, but as soon as I can, I will. :eek:

Done. Hope it's all good, Tran. ;)

Doodlebop
09-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Hey, sorry for the DP, but Mewcario, wouldn't Matthias notice the fact that Alex shot tranquilizer darts at Vesper and Dennis? O.o

Master Zorua
09-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey, sorry for the DP, but Mewcario, wouldn't Matthias notice the fact that Alex shot tranquilizer darts at Vesper and Dennis? O.o

That's why I edited my initial post.

Doodlebop
09-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Really? The edit isn't showing up on my computer...

EDIT: Gotta go.

Master Zorua
09-28-2010, 06:43 PM
The Zoroark Matthias

Matthias looked over at the door. He saw a female Rocket slowly opening the door and peering in and watching her shoot the Feraligatr morph.

Are you sure you didn't miss it?

Doodlebop
09-28-2010, 08:06 PM
OH. Well. I was figuring on waiting until the others posted. They might dodge, y'know. ;)

tranland
09-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Hello everyone~ the RP looks great! Thank you all for your timely contributions. It's not dragging, per se, because the action is heightening - it's just that our characters have been stuck in this one place for a very long time. So! The way I see it, we have a few options:
1) Allow the cell scene to continue to unfold.
2) Cut the cell scene a little short and have the Rockets move our characters somewhere else. i.e. the recreational quarters or the dining hall.
3) Cut the cell scene short and go straight to the Arena.
Personally, I'd like to finish this scene, because I think we can do it and still be able to move on fairly concisely, but I know some of you have been itching to get to the Arena. Btw if you have any matchup suggestions or if you don't want to fight please let me know, because we have an odd number of Morphs. :/ However I won't mind taking Vesper out if everyone else wants to fight.

The matchups, for whenever we end up getting to the Arena, are as follows, because I think it would make some great tension between certain characters (please feel free to discuss and edit. If there are any qualms, don't hesitate to voice them!):
Feraligatr vs. Flareon
Metang vs. Arcanine
Charizard vs. Gengar
aaaand Matthias. Sorry about that. I haven't read enough about your character to know him very well, Mewcario. If you still want to attend the Arena, perhaps you can battle an NPC? Or you could always take my spot. But Matthias seems... too crafty or something. Maybe you could sneak around the Institute and devise an escape plan? You've got a knack for that. Just a thought.

DISCUSS! :D

EDIT:
WAIT. Jason and Anthony should totally fight, shouldn't they? Okay. So.

Metang vs. Flareon (mortal enemies)
Feraligatr vs. Charizard (the tough guys)
Gengar vs. Zoroark (friends of the darkness)
aaaaaand Marcus. NOOOOO. This is impossible! Unless someone really wants to battle an NPC!

Doodlebop
09-29-2010, 04:50 PM
I would like to let the cell scene unfold. This is getting really crazy awesome, and to cut it short would be mean. I really want to know what happens!

I don't mind Marcus not being able to fight. After all, I'm the only one with two characters, so... But random thought- did you want only eight characters, or eight people playing? If you let Tokyokit join as her morph, it would make eight morphs, not to mention add another girl to the mix. I've played in RPs with waaaaay more than eight charries and it was fine. Your decision, though.

However, assuming Marcus may be sitting out, possibly he could have accidentally injured during the brawl, and he'll have to sit out? He could have accidentally been hit by Dennis while he was on the warpath... Or something.

Random note: I feel extremely sorry for whoever ends up fighting Dennis... o.o'

Gentle Manne
09-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Water vs. Fire?

This seems like it'll be easy. :razz:

Doodlebop
09-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Not to mention the fact that Dennis does one-armed push-ups to pass the time. O.o But Checkers does have the advantage of flight.

Monday
09-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Great Checkers has to battle the power happy water freak. He has no chance even if he can fly...ohhhh I have a battle plan. Lemmi write it down *Writes awsome battle plan so Checkers can squash the stupid Feraligatr* Giggle

Master Zorua
09-29-2010, 10:07 PM
aaaand Matthias. Sorry about that. I haven't read enough about your character to know him very well, Mewcario. If you still want to attend the Arena, perhaps you can battle an NPC? Or you could always take my spot. But Matthias seems... too crafty or something. Maybe you could sneak around the Institute and devise an escape plan? You've got a knack for that. Just a thought.

Actually, my plan isn't escape. After all, they could escape, but 1.> Team Rocket would hunt them down, 2.> Pokemorphs would not be able to 'blend in' with normal people (except Matthias with his Illusion ability), and 3.> Team Rocket could have someone in the media business say that a contageous disease has be unleashed by Cipher or some other evil organization that isn't Teram Rocket and not only put bounties on the heads of the 'infected', but also start manufacturing phony vaccines for this disease, except a few of the treated people could be knocked out easily and swept away for more experimenting.

Nope, Matthias, like Dracula from Castlevania veiws humanity, wants to destroy Team Rocket from within. Start feeding false info, hacking systems, making Rocket members fight with each other though his ability of Illusion and then go after the Admins, and finally, Giovanni. Use their own evils against them until they destroy themselves. So basically,conquest!

tranland
09-29-2010, 10:22 PM
So... does that mean Matthias will be fighting? :)

Gentle Manne
09-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Great Checkers has to battle the power happy water freak. He has no chance even if he can fly...ohhhh I have a battle plan. Lemmi write it down *Writes awsome battle plan so Checkers can squash the stupid Feraligatr* Giggle

Oh, I can't wait to see THIS!

tranland
09-29-2010, 11:03 PM
I don't mind Marcus not being able to fight. After all, I'm the only one with two characters, so... But random thought- did you want only eight characters, or eight people playing? If you let Tokyokit join as her morph, it would make eight morphs, not to mention add another girl to the mix. I've played in RPs with waaaaay more than eight charries and it was fine. Your decision, though.

Now that I think about it, Vesper probably wouldn't be up for fighting. Curse+tranquilizer=meh, not today. So I guess... as it stands...
Metang v. Flareon
Feraligatr v. Charizard
Zoroark v. Arcanine (smarty vs. dummy?)
aaaaand Vesper. Which makes more sense. I'd rather have everyone else fight, anyway; my character's got enough attention already.

And I think I'm good with this smaller RP. The Morphs' relationships are all already worked out and everything, and it's more... intimate, or something.

AcrossTheUniverse
09-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Someone should post something on the role play...
lol
But I don't mind with whatever we do. I can just play along with everything. =]

Windchaser54321
09-30-2010, 01:27 AM
Sweetness. Let all that pent up anger and rage out in the Arena.

But work is really weighing me down...I'll try to slap together a post, but no promises...

Doodlebop
09-30-2010, 02:21 PM
But wouldn't that mean Dennis wouldn't be able to fight? I guess he's bigger and stronger and all that jazz. GAH, This hurts mah brain.

I'm waiting for Tran and Gentle Manne to post. Confirm that the tranquilizer actually hit them. It would be quite an accomplishment if they managed to dodge, but I'd rather not say it did before they post and confirm- seems like godmodding to me.

tranland
10-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Worst post ever... however Vesper has been hit by a tranquilizer dart, so there's not all that much to say, is there?

AcrossTheUniverse
10-02-2010, 06:31 AM
At least it's a post
I feel like I've been waiting forever for someone to post something

Doodlebop
10-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Actually, tran, I'm pretty sure I've posted worse. ^^'

But thanks. Now we just have to wait for Gentle Manne...

EmotionalBone
10-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Excuse the different account, I've forgotten my password somehow.

This is Gentle_Manne, my computer has been taken away for awhile, so unfortunately I can't really make another post after this one. (I'd prefer to make an RP Post as my usual account, to avoid confusion)

I'm not on my OWN computer, of course, so until I get it back I can't post. ): Don't worry, it shouldn't be long before I get it back.

Windchaser54321
10-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Ha-ha! It took three days of random five minutes to slap together, but its done. Didn't explicitly state Dennis was hit by the tranquilizer or on the floor or anything, so I hope that's OK...

tranland
10-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Windchaser - lolirl! Hahahahaha I LOVE Anthony! "All better!" Hahahaha!!!!

On a more serious note, if you up there, Emotional Bone, really are Gentle Manne, I understand completely. It happens. But it's been awhile, and seeing as we're a little hindered by your lack of accepting Doodle's attack or not, I am tempted to invoke my self-attributed power as creator and accept it for you. Feel free to post here or PM me whether or not Dennis got stuck with the dart. If I don't hear from you by this time tomorrow, I'll decide the outcome. But I wish you luck with your computer!

EDIT: Just reread your post, Emotional Bone/Gentle Manne. If you can't post at all after that... well, I guess I'll just have to override the whole dart thing. It's such a small matter, but it does matter. Hopefully no hard feelings. It's official: Dennis has been hit by the tranquilizer dart. Let's resume.

Doodlebop
10-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Anthony is funny... But really creepy. O.O

*flings hands in the air* GLORY HALLELUJAH, WE CAN PRECEDE! *cough* Anyway.

Monday
10-06-2010, 07:11 PM
No one was doing anything apart from worrying so I thought I could spice it up by getting Checkers mad.

P.S This could be a good chance for Jason to prove himself, by calming Checkers down but be careful...he can bite.

Doodlebop
10-06-2010, 07:13 PM
OHSNAP. Don't kill Alex, Checkers, she's the only Rocket we've got!

Monday
10-06-2010, 07:28 PM
He wont even if no one can calm him down I wont make him kill her. Don't worry :)

AcrossTheUniverse
10-06-2010, 09:41 PM
I'll try as hard as I can to calm him.
Don't worry Doodle!! I won't let her die

Monday
10-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Jason can be very persuasive when he wants to. And guys sorry but i'm gonna be gone for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so I won't be posting on those days...well maybe late Wednesday so yeah...sorry.

AcrossTheUniverse
10-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Sorry it took me so long to post everyone XP

tranland
10-09-2010, 04:45 AM
Lookin' good, guys. Thanks for all the contributions. I would be contributing myself, but my character is passed out on the floor. :(((((

Doodlebop
10-09-2010, 12:20 PM
So, should the Rockets just leave Vesper and Dennis in the cell, or remove them? They prolly need medical attention...

nvm. I'll just say that they're going to, and if anyone objects to it (read: tran) I'll fix it.

AcrossTheUniverse
10-10-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm gonna wait for someone else to post something this time, so there's more to go off of

tranland
10-10-2010, 11:05 PM
I plan on posting very soon! Just as soon as I'm less busy. Homework is a menace.

Doodlebop
10-11-2010, 04:33 PM
So, when will we go to the next day? :o

tranland
10-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Rats. I read this too late, or I would have switched the day during my most recent post. Anyone is free to start the new day whenever they please. Whoever gets to it first. Feel free to do it now, Doodle - or anybody. If not, I'll do it next time around. :)

Doodlebop
10-12-2010, 01:44 PM
How 'bout Alex and Vesper finish their introductions, then I'll switch to next day? :)

EDIT: Did so. So, what are the matchups now? With Dennis being unconscious and all, and Vesper not in top form.

tranland
10-13-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm thinking that since we have an even number now (not having heard from our Gentle Manne friend since he dropped off the face of the earth), the matchups should be pretty even. Matchups are officially as follows (unless, of course, there are any objections - as usual):

Flareon v. Metang
Arcanine v. Gengar
Charizard v. Zoroark

Doodlebop
10-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Looks good. Once people have a chance to post and say the matchups are cool or whatever, I'll get Alex to go give them out

Windchaser54321
10-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Looks good. Once people have a chance to post and say the matchups are cool or whatever, I'll get Alex to go give them out
The match-ups are cool or whatever. Anyways, I'm going to attempt to post sometime today or tomorrow, once I get all my work done...

AcrossTheUniverse
10-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Matchups are fine. I'm going to post sometime today. Not right now, but today

Gentle Manne
10-15-2010, 02:06 AM
I've returned!

So, Dennis has been carted off to a separate room, correct?

tranland
10-15-2010, 03:13 AM
Welcome back, Gentle Manne! For now, yes. Minor bunnying has occurred in your absence and Dennis has been moved to another room. But your character's not in the matchups right now. However! I can organize it so you can play winner/loser of some match or other. Sound good?

Windchaser54321
10-15-2010, 04:37 AM
I lied. Yo no tengo tiempo, hoy (or, I have no time, today, for you non-Spanish savvy people). However, tomorrow is a definite possibility.

tranland
10-15-2010, 04:57 AM
Ah, si'. Gracias por dame la informacio'n. ?Hablas mucho espanol? Jajaja!

Doodlebop
10-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Welcome back, Gentle Manne! :D Good to see you. Dennis is presently in the medical bay. I think. Not really sure.

Is not appreciating everyone talking in spanish. x.x The only thing I remember is that gato means cat. And I'm not even sure about that...

Gentle Manne
10-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Welcome back, Gentle Manne! For now, yes. Minor bunnying has occurred in your absence and Dennis has been moved to another room. But your character's not in the matchups right now. However! I can organize it so you can play winner/loser of some match or other. Sound good?

Sounds perfect. Can't post right now, but I will today.

tranland
10-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Haha, I love how everybody has decided to post "today." I feel like that's not gonna happen, lol.

What does "today" mean for you guys, anyway? Like, time zones and that sort of thing? I'm just curious. I love that kind of stuff. I'm in the US, west coast.

Doodlebop
10-16-2010, 12:25 PM
US, Central. I think. I CAN NEVER REMEMBER.

But, right now, it's 7:24. I'm an early bird. (Mostly because I'd neeeever get on the computer if my brother got up first... because then he'd get on forever... and then my dad.... yup.))

AcrossTheUniverse
10-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Haha, I love how everybody has decided to post "today." I feel like that's not gonna happen, lol.

What does "today" mean for you guys, anyway? Like, time zones and that sort of thing? I'm just curious. I love that kind of stuff. I'm in the US, west coast.

I know. I'm sorry. I'm a terrible dirty liar. I actually will today though. Promise =]
And US Central time.
Here in good ol' Nebraska
It's about 1:22 here right now.

Doodlebop
10-17-2010, 01:59 PM
So, should I wait for Mewcario to say he doesn't mind the matchups before I get Alex to go post them? I'm gonna go ahead and post as Marcus, in the meantime.

tranland
10-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Go ahead. I think if there were any objections, they would have been mentioned by now. So! Whenever you're ready.

Doodlebop
10-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Great. I will do. :)

tranland
10-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Poor Feraligatr Dennis!!!!! D: Okay. So... pick a match up, Gentle Manne. You'll play winner.

Doodlebop
10-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Why do I get a terrible feeling Checkers is going to kill Alex in her sleep...?

Alex: He can try, but he won't get far.

Wait, when did you start talking?

Alex: Now.

...?

Um, anyway, when do we start the fights?

Gentle Manne
10-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Poor Feraligatr Dennis!!!!! D: Okay. So... pick a match up, Gentle Manne. You'll play winner.

I'll pick Checkers vs. Matthias.

Either fight will be quite interesting.

tranland
10-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Haha, how did I guess? Done.

As for the fights, I can start them in my next post, which should be tomorrow or thereabouts.

tranland
10-22-2010, 05:42 AM
Arena Rules

1. All rules of the RP continue to apply.
2. Keep it fair. Be especially wary of godmodding here: throw punches, don't land them.
3. Your post may be shorter than usual during a battle.
4. When a fight reaches three posts each (total six), start thinking about finishing blows.
5. Spectators, feel free to post in the middle of a battle. In fact, I encourage it.
6. I, Tranland, will settle any disagreements.
7. Your character doesn't win anything but merit in the Arena.

Enjoy!

Doodlebop
10-23-2010, 12:35 PM
...And, in one of Marcus' less brilliant moments, Vesper gets the first hit. xD

tranland
10-25-2010, 05:01 AM
Hey, everyone, thanks for bearing with us on this battle thing. I've never done this before and I'm still getting a feel for organization. Feel free to post with your interactions or side stories to stay in the loop (because I probably will do that during all of your battles :happy:). It should wrap up shortly.

tranland
10-25-2010, 05:01 AM
Hey, everyone, thanks for bearing with us on this battle thing. I've never done this before and I'm still getting a feel for organization. Feel free to post with your interactions or side stories to stay in the loop (because I probably will do that during all of your battles :happy:). It should wrap up shortly.

tranland
10-26-2010, 05:28 AM
Hey, guys, so there's a new character. :P You ever have one of those moments, as a writer, when your characters just take on a life of their own? Yeah, this was one of those times. So I made a Rocket. I've posted his profile in the sign up thread.

So here's the plan:

- Doodlebop, go ahead and finish up with Marcus, and then we will begin with Flareon v. Metang. After Doodlebop's response, Across The Universe or Windchaser can feel free to begin your battle.

- Gentle Manne, I realize that I have broken my own rule and added another character. So, if you would still like to use the Rocket you submitted earlier, he can be accepted. This goes for everyone: y'all can have a Rocket if you want.

- Don't feel shut out just because you aren't battling! Please do continue to post! And thank you for being so patient!

Gentle Manne
10-26-2010, 11:29 AM
- Gentle Manne, I realize that I have broken my own rule and added another character. So, if you would still like to use the Rocket you submitted earlier, he can be accepted. This goes for everyone: y'all can have a Rocket if you want.

Alright! I'll gladly use him.

Doodlebop
10-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Wow, Marcus won. I was sure he would get the pulp beaten out of him. O.o Granted, Vesper was injured. If she wasn't, Marcus would be in trouble. ^^' He still is, I think.

And I'm glad you added more to Dr. Harper. I thought he was interesting! And yay, another executive to stab in the back hang out with Alexandra. :D

Windchaser54321
10-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Gah! I've been really busy, lately, but now I've finally managed to grab some free time...

My posts are going to become really infrequent, even on the weekends, guys, probably through November. NaNoWriMo and real life issues combined, y'know...

Also, I'm a little confused. Is it Metang v.s. Flareon right now, or Charizard v.s. Zoroark? I'm going to write my post along tranland's guidelines (because she's/you're, like, the RPM and everything), but I'll ask for a little clarification, just in case.

tranland
10-27-2010, 12:56 AM
My posts are going to become really infrequent, even on the weekends, guys, probably through November. NaNoWriMo and real life issues combined, y'know...

Also, I'm a little confused. Is it Metang v.s. Flareon right now, or Charizard v.s. Zoroark? I'm going to write my post along tranland's guidelines (because she's/you're, like, the RPM and everything), but I'll ask for a little clarification, just in case.

No worries, Windchaser. Yes, it is currently Metang v. Flareon. Keep your shirt on, Monday! I had hoped everyone had seen my post about who was going next...

YOU'RE DOING NANOWRIMO TOO???!!?!1! :))))))
That's just really exciting. Good luck. I'm doing it more... casually, I guess. I don't have time to do it for real, so for me it's just good motivation.

Windchaser54321
10-27-2010, 01:09 AM
OMGOMGSRSLY?!?!?1??1!!?

I'm first-timing it, this year, and it's probably going to be a bit of a side project while I juggle the knives of real life...

Nothing's better for chugging out 50,000 than some healthy competition, eh? XP

Doodlebop
10-27-2010, 01:17 PM
FFFFF.

YOU GUYS ARE DOING NANOWRIMO? ME TOO.

I'm doing the young writers challenge, though- I think my goal's 25,000 words or summat like that. xD This should be interesting...

Anyway, I'll post soon.

AcrossTheUniverse
10-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Hey everyone
Please don't kill me for not being here in forever
I was having MAJOR computer problems
Had to replace it. But everything's good now. I'll post today. I can't at this exact moment but as soon as I can (A few hours) I will.

tranland
10-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone
Please don't kill me for not being here in forever
I was having MAJOR computer problems
Had to replace it. But everything's good now. I'll post today. I can't at this exact moment but as soon as I can (A few hours) I will.

Excellent! Welcome back, AcrossTheUniverse!

Doodlebop
10-30-2010, 06:12 PM
I was wondering why you randomly evaporated. xD Welcome back, AcrossTheUniverse. ^^

tranland
11-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Guysguysguysguysguys guess what I just figured out how to do. LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE. :OOOOOO

Doodlebop
11-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Nice! I've done trainer sprites before, but I haven't done one recently.

I do draw a lot of pictures, though. Marcus and Alex (mostly Marcus) keeps sneaking into my sketches. xD

Does anyone want to see? :o

tranland
11-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Yes! Please share!

This is who I have so far. I'm going in sign up order. Hopefully I'll end up doing everybody. IT IS ADDICTING. You guys be sure and let me know if something is off with your character. Like, if you envisioned a different outfit or different hair. Can't make any promises on fixing it, though, since I only started doing this yesterday. XD

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k524/tranland/Vesper1enlarged.png http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k524/tranland/Jason1enlarged.png http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k524/tranland/Anthony1enlarged.png

Doodlebop
11-02-2010, 09:28 PM
I will when I draw one I'm happy with. I have this certain way I want Marcus to look, but I can't figure out how to get it on paper... Also, posing stinks. x.x

It's good, especially since you only started yesterday. ^^

Windchaser54321
11-02-2010, 11:01 PM
I love it! Signature editing time...

Gentle Manne
11-02-2010, 11:14 PM
I sure wish I could sprite and draw worth a damn. ):

Doodlebop
11-03-2010, 02:12 AM
It's all about practice, Gentle Manne.

AND HAVING PAPER. *glares at filled-up sketchpad*

So, uh, where's AcrosstheUniverse?

tranland
11-05-2010, 03:11 AM
AcrossTheUniverse, we're all waiting on your post. Please reply and let us know if you plan on posting or not. I need to know if it's necessary to move this RP in another direction.

tranland
11-05-2010, 04:06 AM
Not sure I like how sinister he looks...

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k524/tranland/Marcus1enlarged.png

Doodlebop
11-05-2010, 12:28 PM
I think it's the head that makes it look off. ^^ But otherwise it's good.

I drew a picture of Marcus that I (more or less) like, but my scanner decided 'DYING NOW KAYTHANXBAI'. When my dad gets up, I'll get him to fix it. ^^'

Windchaser54321
11-13-2010, 12:37 AM
So, just to be sure, we're skipping Metang v. Flareon? I'm completely cool with it, since November is being so uncooperative, but I just want to make sure.

tranland
11-13-2010, 07:42 AM
So, just to be sure, we're skipping Metang v. Flareon? I'm completely cool with it, since November is being so uncooperative, but I just want to make sure.

Yeah, Across The Universe is nowhere. We'll get to Anthony's battle soon, though. If ATU ever shows up. If not, we do have the Feraligatr Dennis waiting in the wings.