PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Justin Beiber

Oldman
02-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Ive noticed that alot of you on here despise Justin Bieber. I used to think that too, but then I actually listened to some of his songs. I caught myself tapping my foot to one of his songs.

His songs are catchy, and theyre supposed to be, kinda like how a Big Mac or any other fast food is chemically designed to taste good. The beats, harmonies, and melodies are naturally pleasing to the human ears; its engineered to be this way in the studio, and anyone who says otherwise is just being elitist (same with the Big Mac reference).

Call me what you want, but I will still listen to Justin Bieber. I understand that alot of you listen to metal, no? I have respect for metal musicians, I just can't get into the groove of their songs. There's no melody, no consistent beat. I don't know how you dance to their music,(oh wait, you don't) but for me, when a Justin Bieber song comes on the radio in the car, I just kinda move around in my seat to the beat.

And for everyone who says he isn't original, take a look in the mirror. Ever notice how alot of metal songs sound awfully familiar? I do, and as for Justin Bieber, it doesn't really matter if its original or not. If I can get down to it, I like it. No questions asked.

tl;dr, Justin Bieber isn't half bad.

Skylands
02-03-2011, 08:12 PM
This thread is asking to be trolled, lulz.

JokesterJesse
02-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Willow Smith is way better then Justin Beiber.

Tombi
02-03-2011, 09:15 PM
oh dear lord

Kenny_C.002
02-03-2011, 09:17 PM
As a part of Canadia, I apologize for Justin Beiber.

Beyourownhero
02-03-2011, 09:54 PM
...Not sure if troll...

miyoun
02-03-2011, 10:28 PM
justin beiber fans are horrible people.

they were being overly happy about lilly allen having a miscarriage because she didn't know who justin beiber was.
also sending so much hate+death threats to selena gomez.

kpop fans arent any better in terms of being craycray, but at least we dont say "haha she deserved to lose her baby" :l

Operative
02-03-2011, 10:36 PM
STOP HATING ON JUSTIN BIEBER SHE DOESN'T NEED IT. SHE'S GOING THROUGH A HARD TIME OK.a

Zangoose97
02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Ive noticed that alot of you on here despise Justin Bieber. I used to think that too, but then I actually listened to some of his songs. I caught myself tapping my foot to one of his songs.

His songs are catchy, and theyre supposed to be, kinda like how a Big Mac or any other fast food is chemically designed to taste good. The beats, harmonies, and melodies are naturally pleasing to the human ears; its engineered to be this way in the studio, and anyone who says otherwise is just being elitist (same with the Big Mac reference).

Call me what you want, but I will still listen to Justin Bieber. I understand that alot of you listen to metal, no? I have respect for metal musicians, I just can't get into the groove of their songs. There's no melody, no consistent beat. I don't know how you dance to their music,(oh wait, you don't) but for me, when a Justin Bieber song comes on the radio in the car, I just kinda move around in my seat to the beat.

And for everyone who says he isn't original, take a look in the mirror. Ever notice how alot of metal songs sound awfully familiar? I do, and as for Justin Bieber, it doesn't really matter if its original or not. If I can get down to it, I like it. No questions asked.

tl;dr, Justin Bieber isn't half bad.
I dont mind him, but im not saying i like his music. It is kinda catchy, but at the same time annoying

Gokudera-Kun
02-03-2011, 10:48 PM
justin beiber fans are horrible people.

they were being overly happy about lilly allen having a miscarriage because she didn't know who justin beiber was.
also sending so much hate+death threats to selena gomez.

kpop fans arent any better in terms of being craycray, but at least we dont say "haha she deserved to lose her baby" :l
Well THAT'S not the Disney mindset.

Troll or no troll, I'll seriously post. The reason I'm upset about Justin Bieber isn't his whiny teen-pop voice, there are plenty of Underage kids I could hate because of that. Nah, the reason I despise Bieber is the fact that he's whorin' himself out. Do we really need Bright Glittery Justin Bieber Nail Polish(lol), and does a 16-year old really have enough experience to write their own memoirs yet? Plus, he strikes me as a lilly boy who acts all cool, but as soon as things get a little too real, he'll cave.

Also, I want to point out that because he is underage, doesn't Bieber's fortune belong to his parents? It makes me wonder how much of the Bieber Fever is his parents' attempt to cash-in on their son's fame, and how much is actually Justin. I can just see his folks foaming from the mouth trying to get as much Justin Bieber Miscarriage Kits sold as possible.

JokesterJesse
02-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Do we really need Bright Glittery Justin Bieber Nail Polish,

Where would we be without our Bieber Nail Polish!

Professor Geoffrey
02-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Where would we be without our Bieber Nail Polish!

STOP HATING ON JUSTIN BIEBER SHE DOESN'T NEED IT. SHE'S GOING THROUGH A HARD TIME OK.a

As a part of Canadia, I apologize for Justin Beiber.

I lol'd at these. They're going on my Facebook. xD

Willow Smith is way better then Justin Beiber.

Quoted for truth. I WHIP MY HURRR-

My opinion of J-Biebs is mixed. As per the norm, I'm not too crazy about the hype. It's like I'm re-living the Twilight series' hype, no pun intended. Now alongside I ♥ EDWARD and I ♥ JACOB buttons are I ♥ JUSTIN buttons. Might as well make a Team J-Biebs if there isn't one already. I can't say I'm really so much a fan of him, but I do like a couple of his songs.

@Oldman: Just a friendly suggestion, since I know you're new, this thread might have been better placed in this board. (http://pokemonelite2000.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29) =]

~Professor Geoffrey

garjmp
02-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Justin Bieber is more successful than all of you. His manager(s) are business geniuses. He is richer than you, probably has more fans than most of your favorite bands, and is popular with women of his age group and even some above and under.

miyoun
02-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Justin Bieber is more successful than all of you. His manager(s) are business geniuses. He is richer than you, probably has more fans than most of your favorite bands, and is popular with women of his age group and even some above and under.

I don't care. there are over 300,000 fans of my favourite group in Korea alone and millions overseas so really idaf. It's not about how popular a musician is, it's about the ******* music.

So because he's richer and more successful than someone who is busy attending college and a job that automatically means he's better than me? I'm pretty sure I'm a better person than him.

And he may have more fans than my favourite groups but can he sing, dance, rap for almost 6 hours on end at a concert for his company? (referring to SM town LA being 6 hours long) Can he work hard to do 4 music shows a week, plus radio appearances and filming variety shows (Korean Idols who attend school pretty much aren't there during promotion periods)? Oh and not to mention some groups like SNSD and KARA do all that PLUS fly to Japan to do Japanese promotions at the same time. Can Justin Beiber do that with a huge smile on his face greeting his fans at the airport?

Can he handle the pressure of perfecting everything live and sacrifice his whole social and love life for the sake of his fans?

Before you backlash saying "LOL RICHER THAN U MORE FANS THAN UR GROUP" just think that my groups work one thousand times harder than Justin Beiber.

And the ages of my favourite groups youngest members are all younger than Justin Beiber.
+ My favourite solo singer is far more successful and has more fans than Justin Beiber. And she was 13 when she debuted. She's 23 or 24 now. :l

Louise Stevenson says (11:25)
hey so apparently justin beiber is better than me because hes rich and successful
considering legally i cant do my dream job until i finish university
C K says (11:25)
i assume you know what germany is
Louise Stevenson says (11:25)
yes
i speak german
Oh and the reason I'm not "successful" is because I'm only 18 and I need a degree from university plus a hundred hours for my TEFL certificate and or a CELTA.
Sorry but you can't just go teach English in Korea at 18.

Dark Moonlight
02-04-2011, 12:03 PM
So WHAT if Justin is rich and famous.

His music is awful... I hate his voice and the backing track.

It's not how famous somebody is, it's the music. I mean, Marina & The Diamonds is hardly famous at all, but I like her music, not her fame.

miyoun
02-04-2011, 12:31 PM

It's not how famous somebody is, it's the music. I mean, Marina & The Diamonds is hardly famous at all, but I like her music, not her fame.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Everyone has different tastes of music (ofc), but Dark Moonlight is right. Music > Fame.
Heck there are a lot of under appreciated artists I like, but I don't see how fame/money comes into the argument when it comes to how good the music is.

also hard work > posting vids on youtube and becoming famous randomly.

Doodlebop
02-04-2011, 12:44 PM
I think Justin Bieber is talented, I just don't really like his music. It's oaky, just not the greatest thing ever.

But the thing is, I actually kinda feel sorry for the guy. I mean, somehow I doubt a sixteen-year-old guy wants to look like that and sing like that. :P

garjmp
02-04-2011, 03:25 PM
That's just your opinion. You can't prove he is more horrible than ______. Many more people have the opinion that his music is better than _______. More people > less people.

However, if what you say about your solo singer is true, congratulations to her! She has achieved a higher level than Justin Bieber. However, Justin Bieber still remains a competitor against others.

I don't know if he can do those things you mentioned, but most of his fans don't care if he can or can't. They don't care if he works hard or not, they just love his music and him. I'm sorry your group is not that loved.

miyoun
02-04-2011, 04:28 PM
I was also making a point about you hinting that he's a better person than all of us because he's richer and more successful.

and ofc this girl is more popular than Beiber. It's BoA for peeps sakes. :l
also there is Ayumi Hamasaki who has over 52 singles.

and I don't care if my favourite group is loved or not. All I care about is their health and happiness and that they continue to make music before their military service.

edit: Ayumi Hamasaki and BoA alone are pretty much worshipped for their talent in Japan and Korea (BoA has fans from literally everywhere, especially Korea and Japan). I'm sure Beiber can't live up to their level of fame. Does that make them better than anyone? No.

garjmp
02-04-2011, 05:10 PM
I was also making a point about you hinting that he's a better person than all of us because he's richer and more successful.

and ofc this girl is more popular than Beiber. It's BoA for peeps sakes. :l
also there is Ayumi Hamasaki who has over 52 singles.

Well he pretty much is atm. Also, I love Ayumi Hamasaki. <3

Does that make them better than anyone?

Yes.

miyoun
02-04-2011, 05:25 PM
How is he a BETTER person than me?

tell me?

Tombi
02-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Are people SERIOUSLY arguing about this? I don't understand why you all aren't saying how sorry you feel for him. His mind has been corrupted and to be honest, he's ****ed for life.

3m0d0ll
02-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Justin Bieber is a boy?
I thought 'he' was a 12-year-old lesbian...

-Pichu Boy-
02-04-2011, 08:25 PM
This is a point I've wanted to put across about this pop vs rock debate for ages.

Is it not possible to like both types of music? I admit, I'm not particularly partial to heavy metal, but my friend listens to it, and whenever his mum is dropping me home from school, he usually listens to it in the car. I sometimes like what is played, sometimes don't - I wouldn't have it on my iPod, but if it came on on the radio, I wouldn't switch over. Same with Justin Bieber, I'm not a huge fan of his and I don't understand the Bieber Fever hype. But, if his music came on, I'd listen to it, and I might put it on my iPod, but that's because I prefer pop music over heavy metal (maybe because I'm more of a performer myself, and prefer stuff I can sing along to).

Tombi
02-04-2011, 08:32 PM
if it came on on the radio, I wouldn't switch over

Are you partial to Planet Rock, then? xD

I prefer pop music over heavy metal (maybe because I'm more of a performer myself, and prefer stuff I can sing along to).

There are several hundred thousand metal songs with vocals sung cleanly, with heart-aching beauty. :P Trust me, you can sing along to metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMkIm5JxkM 2:40. ♥
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfrijAWtBSc 1:04. ♥
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX6TUIKAFzw Whole thing. ♥
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUszotxuwGo 2:12. ♥

I got carried away. xD
'I'll post one band. No, two. Three. And this.'

garjmp
02-04-2011, 10:11 PM
How is he a BETTER person than me?

tell me?

He musics makes thousands of people happy.

JokesterJesse
02-04-2011, 10:12 PM
His music makes thousands of people happy.

you best be troll'in.

Eun Min
02-05-2011, 12:39 AM
I had to agree with what one of my teachers at school who'd commented about Justin Bieber . " His lyrics are actually pretty good if you really listen, the music alone is also great, his voice sounds good, and he is clean-cut. Singing is what he'd love doing since he was young, and so he put him out there in the economic world for a manager to take notice. He took chances to get himself noticed." And this teacher I have is an old Chinese guy! He also says singing was Jusitin Biebers talent.
So I'd say now his music is making people enjoying it.

I'm not a fan of Justin Bieber fan mind you (I just find him somewhat annoying, maybe I'm a tiny bit jealous).
Oh yeah, my mother who's in her forties likes listening to his music... I feel kinda odd about that!

Haze
02-05-2011, 02:55 AM
lol some people are just jealous. Are you really saying if you were in the same position you wouldn't be acting the same way? If it's working keep doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UND6TBmtHEY

Lusankya
02-05-2011, 03:53 AM
I'm waiting for him to be caught getting wasted on drugs and alcohol. Kid pop stars seem to always end up eff'd up. His songs also seem to be highly generic, but I'm no music expert so I can't really comment on it except my uncultured feel. I also dislike his voice, I dunno why.

miyoun
02-05-2011, 11:49 AM
I just dont understand how it means hes a better person than me?

No offense but everyone is smarter than him ("whats germany? we dont say that") if you know what Germany is.

i'm not a fan of his music or his look, but i'm not going to deny that when hes older and a little wiser he'll probably be a better singer. i'm not a fan of boys sounding like that.

Doodlebop
02-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Are people SERIOUSLY arguing about this? I don't understand why you all aren't saying how sorry you feel for him. His mind has been corrupted and to be honest, he's ****ed for life.

I said I was sorry for him.

Honestly, I don't see why this is such a big deal. Some people like his music, some don't. there's no need to make a big deal out of it... :P

DancingDodo
02-05-2011, 03:04 PM
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Blitzkrieg
02-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Looks at title.
Reads thread.

http://static.funnyjunk.com/gifs/simpson_grandpa.gif

NES2
02-05-2011, 05:42 PM
I support Justin Bieber to North Korea. (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/justin-bieber-to-north-korea)

I have reason enough to hate this kid, seeing him IN PERSON DESECRATING NINTENDO WORLD WITH HIS PRESENCE. I came for games, not for a twerp making heart signs with his hands through the window, his brainless fans SCREECHING every-time he did so. That day I even named a Magikarp "Justin Bieber" while waiting for him to leave Nintendo World. Seriously, the kid is THAT LAME.

I can forgive Canada since it is an admittedly awesome place, but I can't forgive anybody who would be a fan of this idiot. His music is annoying and generic, he has zero personality or intelligence, and 2/3s of the people on YouTube hate his videos. When you have more thumbs down than up on ANY YouTube video, it's a pretty good measure of how much the world hates you.

In conclusion, the world hates you Bieber. Stop singing and hogging up awards that belong to talented people. You are a waste of time and space in the universe and are good for nothing. You may be famous among 12-year olds now, but the world will forget you. When it does you shall be a washed-out has-been and the limelight will never shine on you again. Any idiot can be famous for a decade or so, but only a person who truly does something great will be noted by historians for centuries to come. Names like the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, and even Beethoven will be remembered by all, but Bieber has made no impact on music or culture whatsoever. I invite anyone willing to try and disprove these truths to do so now.

EDIT: Also, he disgraces the mop-top. That hairstyle is reserved for the Beatles and cool people.

Lord Fedora
02-05-2011, 07:55 PM
My only personal issue with Justin Beiber is that he was plucked from Youtube solely because he's good looking when there are dozens of far more skilled and talented artists on there who deserve it much more. However, I have no real reason to hate him specifically, as that's more on the idiot who did the plucking.

As for his music, it's admittedly not bad in terms of the lyrics and instrumentals. I don't like his voice particularly, but I do think that if it were to go just a bit deeper he actually wouldn't be that bad. I doubt I'll ever like his music, and I'll always be slightly bitter about some of my favorite Youtube artists who do deserve it more, but in truth, I honestly have nothing against him.

Megiddo Flame
02-06-2011, 12:39 PM
I just think all of the popular pop/rap is utter rubbish. Look at my sig.

Oldman
02-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Justin Beiber is the greatest thing to happen to music ever.

Gokudera-Kun
02-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Justin Beiber is the greatest thing to happen to music ever.
[/troll]

Oldman
02-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Trolls only exist in fairy tails. And you're going off topic Nyurgh

Getting back on track, in relation to Justin Beiber, to approach an open point of view, one could always argue that being catchy doesn't necessarily mean it's good

Example: AIDS

Discuss.

Lan.exe
02-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Trolls only exist in fairy tails.

Yep, because clearly the term 'troll' isn't assigned to describe a particular type of internet user. :rolleyes:

As for Justin Beiber, I've never even so much as heard one of his songs. Funny, since he happens to be from the same country I live in and that's typically a big deal here. Guess I don't watch enough Disney Channel. I see no reason to hate him other than his fans and the fact that everyone doesn't shut up about whether or not they like him... except you still can't hate him for that crap.

Phantom Kat
02-06-2011, 11:43 PM
My only personal issue with Justin Beiber is that he was plucked from Youtube solely because he's good looking when there are dozens of far more skilled and talented artists on there who deserve it much more. However, I have no real reason to hate him specifically, as that's more on the idiot who did the plucking.

As for his music, it's admittedly not bad in terms of the lyrics and instrumentals. I don't like his voice particularly, but I do think that if it were to go just a bit deeper he actually wouldn't be that bad. I doubt I'll ever like his music, and I'll always be slightly bitter about some of my favorite Youtube artists who do deserve it more, but in truth, I honestly have nothing against him.

This.

Like Khajmer put it, Bieber isn't bad, but I personally think there's plenty of other artists on Youtube who are more talented than him. To see him instead of them on TV leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Sure his songs are 'catchy,' but so are many commercial jingles. Some artists on Youtube give you goosebumps with their voices or lyrics, so I rather listen to them.

Most of his fans, on the other hand, should be locked up in some deserted island. They're like Twilight fans, but worse - they sing.

- Kat

BounceyFlaaffy
02-10-2011, 06:27 AM

I hate him. I hate his songs and voice. The first time I heard one of his songs I'm like 'this can't be the right song this is a girl singing?!'

Kenny_C.002
02-12-2011, 03:39 AM
I just think all of the popular pop/rap is utter rubbish. Look at my sig.

To be fair, Eminem, Rihanna, and Lady Gaga have talent, though I must admit that Eminem and Gaga are more so than Rihanna. Eminem's been a powerhouse for years before his fading away and comeback with his latest album (the one before it was crappy). He certainly has as much, if not more, talent than Nickleback, whom to many sold out after they got big back in the 2000's. Gaga has talent in pushing the right/wrong buttons at the right time. Perhaps not exactly a musical talent, but she is quite the entertainer.

And it's not true that all popular rap is bad: K'naan is REALLY good for someone who's popular. His lyrical prowess is similar to that of Talib Kweli and Common. Heck, Jay-Z is popular and he's good. I think the rap scene nowadays has become a lot better than in the past couple of years, with trash like Soulja Boi being popular back a couple years back...

This.

Like Khajmer put it, Bieber isn't bad, but I personally think there's plenty of other artists on Youtube who are more talented than him. To see him instead of them on TV leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Sure his songs are 'catchy,' but so are many commercial jingles. Some artists on Youtube give you goosebumps with their voices or lyrics, so I rather listen to them.

Most of his fans, on the other hand, should be locked up in some deserted island. They're like Twilight fans, but worse - they sing.

- Kat

Talent is the exact opposite of what corporates want. They don't want an artist that thinks for themselves and do their own thing. They need something in their complete control and discarded when not needed. Beiber plays that role well.

Tombi
02-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Another thing that's annoyed me is the amount of Youtubers who hate him, but hate him so publicly that they spend all their time posting about him on metal videos trying to 'recruit' haters.

I honestly see no reason to let the poor, brainwashed little dear affect my life in the slightest.

Talent is the exact opposite of what corporates want. They don't want an artist that thinks for themselves and do their own thing. They need something in their complete control and discarded when not needed. Beiber plays that role well.

Rival Silver
02-12-2011, 05:14 PM
http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

This thread deserves it.

Sixto
02-12-2011, 05:27 PM
To be fair, Eminem, Rihanna, and Lady Gaga have talent, though I must admit that Eminem and Gaga are more so than Rihanna. Eminem's been a powerhouse for years before his fading away and comeback with his latest album (the one before it was crappy). He certainly has as much, if not more, talent than Nickleback, whom to many sold out after they got big back in the 2000's. Gaga has talent in pushing the right/wrong buttons at the right time. Perhaps not exactly a musical talent, but she is quite the entertainer.

And it's not true that all popular rap is bad: K'naan is REALLY good for someone who's popular. His lyrical prowess is similar to that of Talib Kweli and Common. Heck, Jay-Z is popular and he's good. I think the rap scene nowadays has become a lot better than in the past couple of years, with trash like Soulja Boi being popular back a couple years back...

I love you, Kenny.

This Bieber fellow I don't like. To me, he has little talent and can hold a tune, but not sing. His songs are catchy, but I don't like them. He is extremely overrated.

About his movie; Eminem's movie showed how he made it pretty much from nothing. Bieber had what a lot of people have now. He was discovered on YouTube. What's special about that? He just wanted it enough and became famous. I admire people who struggled and worked hard for it, Bieber didn't.

Explosives
02-13-2011, 10:49 AM

Nah.

Also,

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/15800000/Justin-Cute-GIF-justin-bieber-15817382-320-240.gif

That is all.

-Pichu Boy-
02-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Gaga has talent in pushing the right/wrong buttons at the right time. Perhaps not exactly a musical talent, but she is quite the entertainer.

Ooh, gonna have to disagree there. I did use to think she wasn't the best live, but after seeing her on the Fame Monster Ball Tour, she proved me totally wrong. She was stunning, singing-wise as well as performance. In her words: "Surprise! A pop show, and the b*tch can sing!"

But, yeah, this is about Bieber. So I digress :P I don't think he deserves all this hate, but I don't see the whole appeal about him.

Pokemon_Ron
02-19-2011, 09:04 PM
I actually don't mind Justin Beiber that much. I had to drive my little cousin to one of his shows, and he wasn't that bad. Hence, it was last August(I think?), but the kid showed talent with his choreography and singing.

CrazyTrainer
02-19-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm starting to hate him he mad annoying they gave him MVP in the celebrity game off a crappy performance man he annoying and wack.

Zeraylph
02-20-2011, 01:44 AM
Folk Metal, Celtic and Viking heritage will dominate Bieber.

There's so many genres of metal, you can't just say metal anymore.

M2M, Norweigan duo pop singers could do way more, from their Shades of Purple Album.
Any song from that album would own him.

Pokemon_Ron
02-20-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm starting to hate him he mad annoying they gave him MVP in the celebrity game off a crappy performance man he annoying and wack.
The fans voted, not him. :eh:

M2M, Norweigan duo pop singers could do way more, from their Shades of Purple Album.

promoteyourmetalinTLM

Synester
02-20-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm actually a big Justin Bieber fan. The kid has talent and I'm glad hes still doing things in positive light. Of course, this is Pe2k, home of metal being the superior genre (or atleast many of you seem to belive) so I'll just leave it at Justin Bieber > All

Teddiursa of the Sky
02-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Though it is a matter of opinion, I'd like to point out that his music generally tends to appeal to young teen-aged girls, who are at that point where they are either heavily emotionally unstable or comfortable in their lives. I have noticed the more nervous and jittery girls adore Justin Beaver (his last name literally translates to that in German), where as the girls who are confident like other artists.

Honestly, if you could say Justin Bieber has talent, you could say any prepubescent child does. I tell you, once his voice cracks it will be game over.

Also, Justin Bieber is an air head, as most stars are, so I do not think anyone should just flame him. We should all flame all stars, for in my eyes they are all equally stupid in their own stupid ways.

Now, for the fun you have all been waiting for!:

1) Honestly, I respect Justin Bieber for the hair. It takes some balls to glue a dead animal on your head and act nothing of it.

2) The Justin Bieber joke is older than he is.

3) Justin Bieber won the ugliest woman of the year award.

4) Justin Bieber was amongst the other girls crying about his loss of the Grammy Awards.

5) Funny how the only song people tend to know the lyrics of, is the most simple song.

6) Selena Gomez told Justin Bieber to f%&^ off. Justin Bieber, hearing the word F%&^ smiled and laughed, Selena Gomez laughed at his stupidity. People thought they were in love. Then again, that is giving too much credit to Selena Gomez.

Nothing was meant to insult anyone. Not even Justin...

TyrannosaurusAlan
02-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Though it is a matter of opinion, I'd like to point out that his music generally tends to appeal to young teen-aged girls, who are at that point where they are either heavily emotionally unstable or comfortable in their lives. I have noticed the more nervous and jittery girls adore Justin Beaver (his last name literally translates to that in German), where as the girls who are confident like other artists.

I can't with you more. All the kids at my school who like him are the "popular" kids, who are really just self-conscious. Same as most Idina Menzel fans. I'm not sure why it's that way with Justin, but it is with Idina because most girls feel safe around such a motherly soul. Most devoted fans even take to calling her their mom. Needless to say, kids with parent problems flock to her. :tongue2:

Now, about Justin. I don't like his music because it lacks something vitally important- meaning. If you would take his music, and, say, put the words to any random Beatles song (Hey, even "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?" would work!), it would be likable, to say the least. To me, it's not the voice that matters, but the meaning and intention of the song. But the use of auto-tune is sometimes a limiting factor of the enjoyment of music to me. It's just not real; it's, like, synthetic.

Teddiursa of the Sky
02-20-2011, 09:55 PM
"Popular" kids tend to be the most self-conscious and emotionally unstable people known to the teen man.

Zeraylph
02-20-2011, 10:15 PM
I don't think Metal is the best genre, There is no best genre.

But there's so much out there besides Bieber.

I think He's got some potential but not godlike how some girls with loud voices claim him as.

There's lots of pop singers who have stronger potential.

Tombi
02-20-2011, 10:22 PM

I like you.
Come be my friend.

The Jr Trainer
02-21-2011, 01:09 AM
BUT HE'S SO CUTE.

:q

LS
02-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Fun Fact: Justin Beiber was supposed to come to my school last year.

Oh and, I don't despise Justin Beiber, I just choose to ignore his existance and impact on our everyday life.

Amen to the lord

Kers
02-21-2011, 01:46 AM
i respect justin bieber be because he is successful, he has talent, and hes a cutie pie . Do you really think he cares what some people from a pokemon forum say about him ? You guys make all the jokes you want, and he'll laugh all the way to the bank . You go out, become famous, get all the ladies, make stacks of cash and see if you care what people think about you .

itt: haters .

zukirin
02-21-2011, 01:51 AM
My stance = neutral...

Idgaf to be quite honest...It's all relative. For example, to everyone saying "X has greater vocal talent than Bieber" where X is a metal band, I will disagree whole heartedly because of my utter distaste against the genre. Not to offend anyone, it's just me expressing my personal tastes is all.

The only thing I find relatively annoying about him is how WAY over-hyped he is. Of course this is not about him as a person, but rather the circumstances. Dang tweens need to stop making a huge deal over him, it's not the end of the world when he walks by and you didn't get to hold his hand or something...

I actually find it quite amusing when you see these girls so damn excited that they are literally crying their eyes out in such a way, that a random passersby who is ignorant of the craze we call JB would probably come to the conclusion that a relative died or something.

tl;dr Overall I am neutral on him as a person but am kind of annoyed at the hype of the figure "Justin Bieber"

EDIT:

I lied, I DESPISE JUSTIN GAYBER WITH A PASSION. HE STOLE MY SELENA >:I!

Zeraylph
02-21-2011, 10:29 PM
I like you.
Come be my friend.
xD lol thanks!

I read online more about Bieber.
I think a lot of fans of Bieber seem to just like him for his looks. If Bieber was like 25 - 30
and he still sang the way he sang. Would he have as many fans, highly unlikely

Corporations love someone who they have complete control over and can be discarded when not needed.
In time, we will see if he is just a fad that will be discarded or really up to the hype.

I only heard him once on the radio, I thought it was a girl as people also have. But the gal next to me shouted in happiness, "OMG it's Bieber!! It's Bieber"

(-_-) that's him!?

LS
02-21-2011, 10:36 PM
xD lol thanks!

I read online more about Bieber.
I think a lot of fans of Bieber seem to just like him for his looks. If Bieber was like 25 - 30
and he still sang the way he sang. Would he have as many fans, highly unlikely

Corporations love someone who they have complete control over and can be discarded when not needed.
In time, we will see if he is just a fad that will be discarded or really up to the hype.

I only heard him once on the radio, I thought it was a girl as people also have. But the gal next to me shouted in happiness, "OMG it's Bieber!! It's Bieber"

(-_-) that's him!?

It's easy to take someone with a half decent voice and make them popular... It's all about his look. Anyone can be popular these days. They just have to gain the attention of the media.

Kenny_C.002
02-22-2011, 06:33 PM
i respect justin bieber be because he is successful, he has talent, and hes a cutie pie . Do you really think he cares what some people from a pokemon forum say about him ? You guys make all the jokes you want, and he'll laugh all the way to the bank . You go out, become famous, get all the ladies, make stacks of cash and see if you care what people think about you .

itt: haters .
There's a difference between hating and recognizing that his success is artificially created and manipulated by a corporation. All he needed to do was "do as the corporates say" and be lucky for him to be successful. That's the way popular culture works since most of its existence is heavily controlled by corporates. The idea that he has talent is in so much that he got big enough on youtube to get picked up.

In essence: puppet gets money to say popular. If he isn't, he would be out of the limelight faster than you can say "baby".

This is opposite to accomplished artists such as Outkast, who would care less about what corporates think and created their success out of their own merits. However, I would not hold judgment on this aspect of the music industry on Beiber just yet, as he isn't really old enough to understand what it means to "screw the corps".

Pokomum
02-23-2011, 02:30 PM
I find the Beiber love/hate thing quite interesting. Personaly I find his music OK to listen to and was surprised when I found out that some of the songs I had heard were being sung by such a young lad.

He appears to be universally disliked by most but is still an A list music star. So why? Despite excellent management, PR and promotion the bottom line is (going with my understanding) that without record sales, his level of sucess could not be achieved. Maybe people are 'closet fans' ;-D and secretly buy/download his albums I don't know, but the people who are 'out' as fans seem to be by far in the minority.

Good on him for achieving his goal and I wish him continued sucess. That said, if I only had a choice between say Rhianna and him, the former has my vote.

Teddiursa of the Sky
02-23-2011, 02:42 PM
I find the Beiber love/hate thing quite interesting. Personaly I find his music OK to listen to and was surprised when I found out that some of the songs I had heard were being sung by such a young lad.

He appears to be universally disliked by most but is still an A list music star. So why? Despite excellent management, PR and promotion the bottom line is (going with my understanding) that without record sales, his level of sucess could not be achieved. Maybe people are 'closet fans' ;-D and secretly buy/download his albums I don't know, but the people who are 'out' as fans seem to be by far in the minority.

Good on him for achieving his goal and I wish him continued sucess. That said, if I only had a choice between say Rhianna and him, the former has my vote.

No, you will find that most teenaged girls are his fans. Considering that there are millions of 12-16 year-old girls, I find it unlikely that he wouldn't be able to find a fanbase.

Synester
02-23-2011, 10:46 PM
No, you will find that most teenaged girls are his fans. Considering that there are millions of 12-16 year-old girls, I find it unlikely that he wouldn't be able to find a fanbase.Guy Justin Bieber fan hereh :D

Kaioo
02-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Justin Bieber is hated for the following reasons:
1) He sounds like a 9-year old boy who hasnt hit puberty/a girl
2) His songs suck
3) He was made famous because he was taken off youtube because he looked nice, whilst people with WAAAY more talent than him were ignored.

This is why he has so many fans:
He's 16, and thus teenage girls HAVE a chance of dating him compared to other male stars who are quite a bit older than them, and the fact that Fern Cotton and Usher have given him shoutouts. Fern on UK's 2nd most listened to radio station, Radio One, and Usher... well yeah.

Now, on Youtube, there is only ONE video of Justin Bieber that has more likes than dislikes, and that is the one of him getting shot on CSI.

karmachameleon
02-24-2011, 03:18 AM
He's a decent teen idol, but he's no Rise Kujikawa.

But yeah, what you're seeing in advertisements, movies, music videos, etc., is not Justin Bieber, rather, an idea of Justin Bieber dreamed up by heads of record labels/esoteric corporate businessmen, executed by top fashion designers, songwriters, makeup artists, media figures, etc., all channeled through one capable sixteen (fifteen?) year-old boy's body. So please, don't hate Justin (unless he did something personally to you, then by all means, go ahead), hate the media, the pop songwriters, the fashion designers, and the enigmatic corporate businessmen that started the whole pop idol algorithm.

Teddiursa of the Sky
02-24-2011, 06:24 AM
Guy Justin Bieber fan hereh :D

Sounds like someone needs someone on their side or for a little consolation, neh? What I said was true, and I while I don't hate Bieber with a passion, I do enjoy poking fun at him. In my opinion, his songs are too repetitive, he literally sounds like a girl (I mistook Justin Bieber for Katy Perry when I first heard him on the local radio) Dx

OH AND HE FAILS AT EVEN GETTING SHOT! XI XD XI XD XI XD

SHOT FOO! SHOT! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zb64y6Nvs0) I mean, who pumps their head while dying?

The Amazing Ninja Kirby
05-01-2011, 10:37 PM

I take it you've never played an instrument before.

kiddoman
05-31-2011, 08:05 AM
We still must confess that the one become famous for his own feature! There is always some reason involved! No one can judge them as the bad or the better!

Vanity
06-22-2011, 04:34 AM
Who cares if you don't like his music, no need to hate him or pay him out.

He has achieved more and earned more money than anyone on this blog in his short 17 years alive. He is a talented singer and dancer and has earned where he's at.

Don't be jealous because he's better than you?

3m0d0ll
06-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Who cares if you don't like his music, no need to hate him or pay him out.

He has achieved more and earned more money than anyone on this blog in his short 17 years alive. He is a talented singer and dancer and has earned where he's at.

Don't be jealous because he's better than you?

I hate how every song on the radio uses a ****** commercial house beat. Stop trying to take another genre's thing!
Autotune is like a sex slave to them.
There's like no real talented people on there.
No artist does what they want, there controlled by there labels.

I'm over them taking my electronica music and applying it to there own songs, go away and ruin a different genre. And these days there combing dubstep into there songs too... When will it end?
Sorry, couldn't hear you over all the hypocrisy.

Vanity
06-22-2011, 04:51 AM
Sorry, couldn't hear you over all the hypocrisy.

Eh whatever, I feel JB is actually talented and if he tampered his style he could be better. But sure if you wanna be a smart ass about it go ahead.

-Pichu Boy-
06-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I already posted in here. So what? x]

Anyway, like others have said, I don't get the whole hype about him, but then I also don't think people should 'hate' him. I ESPECIALLY don't get sending death threats to Selena Gomez because she 'stole your man' or w/e. Get a grip of reality, please.

But yeah. You can't say he's not talented. He can sing (when he chooses to - one thing I don't like, he's lip-synced before. Instantly drops my respect for an artist unless they have a reason, like a throat infection or w/e), he can dance (but again, if he's lip-syncing because he gets out of breath dancing, he should dance less) and he can play guitar, drums and (I think) keyboard. It's not like he's some average Joe they picked off the streets and said "We're gonna make you a star". True, his video being discovered was luck, but when your singing gets the approval of an already established music professional, you know you're doing something right.

Ataro
06-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Anyway, like others have said, I don't get the whole hype about him, but then I also don't think people should 'hate' him. I ESPECIALLY don't get sending death threats to Selena Gomez because she 'stole your man' or w/e. Get a grip of reality, please.

This. I find it hilarious how people think that they own the celebrities' life.

Vanity
06-23-2011, 06:33 AM
This. I find it hilarious how people think that they own the celebrities' life.

It's pretty pathetic haha. Fair enough you like his music, but so many girls have an unhealthy obsession with him.

Battlestar
07-09-2011, 04:31 AM
He is just a fad a kinda of big and long one. His songs are designed to be catchy. Also it doesn't he'll that the media has free advertisement for him.

Elecii
07-17-2011, 01:16 PM
I used ot be one of those people who pretended to die when his songs when one of his songs came on. But now, I just feel 'eh'.

Tbh, his music is alright. It was only yesterday I realised people can be a bit hard on him, myself included. Me and my brother were in the car with our iPods on, and I put on One Time, because I couldn't find what I wanted to put on.

Lots of people will probably hate me, but I don't find his music that bad, but I'm not a crazy fangirl, unlike some people I know.

I agree totally with what -Pichu boy- said.

Never
07-18-2011, 10:00 PM
I was a JB fan for... hmm.. about two days before I'm like "What have I been listening to?". Makes me glad that my sister's a Jady gaga fan rather then a Justin Beiber one. And why do people freak out when he does the simplest things? "OMFG! Just Bieber's getting a hair cut!!!" So did I yesterday! And so did my neighbour. But were we on the news? No. I'm not trying to say i'm better then Bieber, I'm just sayin' that he shouldn't get all the hype he does.

MoonKit
07-18-2011, 10:09 PM
I tried to karaoke to one of his songs once and vomited in my mouth halfway through when I noticed it was Justin Beiber. Literally everyone in my class loved him. I remembered that every. damn. song. he sings. is about his damn girlfriend breaking up with him.

Plus, he sounds like a girl imo. I've seen a good girl singer that looks like him before, sadly. It was weird, she was talented and he, in my opinion, is not.

And my dang friends wonder why I hate him. I swear, there are only four friends of mine that would cheer if he died.

Teddiursa of the Sky
07-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Justine Bieber got shot on television. What? Did she think he could take on the entire Miami police force? And then what was with that weird head pump as she fell to the ground? Aha. I could act better than that, I and I would do it almost for free.

Anyway, Justine Bieber sounds like any other girl.

"He is a boy."

No she isn't.

"Yes, he is."

Oh my God. Really?

"Yeah."

"Tsk."

Yeah. Go get my pills.

"Alright."

3m0d0ll
07-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Beiber is more feminin then I am. :/

Oldman