PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbusters; L.A.

Dr Robotnik
03-20-2011, 04:26 PM
http://blog.newsarama.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/Ghostbusters_Logo.jpg
"Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?"
"Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?"
"Have you or your family ever seen a spook, spectre or ghost?"
"If the answer is "yes," then don't wait another minute. Pick up the phone and call the professionals..."
"Ghostbusters."
"Our courteous and efficient staff is on call 24 hours a day to serve all your supernatural elimination needs."
"We're ready to believe you. "

NOW HIRING.
Scientifically-oriented, brave, or adventurous peoples willing to pursue and capture spectral manifestations.

DO NOT DEACTIVATE CONTAINMENT DEVICE'S POWER GENERATOR OR CROSS THE STREAMS. DO NOT CROSS THE STREAMS. DON'T DO IT.

Four years after the Ghostbusters in New York stopped yet another manifestation of hundreds of rightly terrifying ghosts and ghouls in 1991, the original group decided to expand, and you-- in the L.A. area-- have been chosen to test the venture. A lot of paranormal activities (Specifically, ghost reports) have been in the area for about a year, and now the Ghostbusters L.A. branch is open for business! With more and more ghosts popping up in LA, there just might be something worse going on than what it seems. For now, the only way to tell is to get out there and start catching some ghosts! Make the guys back in New York proud!

Open positions;
Ghostbuster 1: -FILLED-
Ghostbuster 2: -OPEN-
Ghostbuster 3: -OPEN-
Ghostbuster 4: -OPEN-
Secretary: -OPEN-
Ghost-victims-who-somehow-end-up-being-more-important-than-we-thought: -OPEN; no limit-
Ghosts: -OPEN; no limit-

Your Resume:

Before applying for a job at Ghostbusters, please sign the attached liability waiver and read all terms and instructions.

1) Posts must be literate; no text talk (Ye Olde Tyme talk is fine)
2) Only four Ghostbusters. Sorry, any more and it gets too crowded XD
3) The canon Ghostbusters crew won't be appearing in this; please don't sign up for one.
4) Do you know when to cross the streams? Put it in 'other'.
5) Light swearing and romance is allowed, but anything more than PG-13 will short out the generator. Don't want all those ghosts getting out, do you?
6) Obviously, catching ghosts isn't an easy job, rookie; so no godmodding. That goes for ghosts too; nothing unstoppable.
7) Controlling other people's characters is a big no-no without permission. Yes, ask them before you possess them; it's polite.
8) Have fun, and remember; WHO YA GONNA CALL?

Name: Your first and last name.
Age: Ghostbusters should be at least in their twenties; everyone else varies.
Skills: What sort of skills do you have that would be useful to your job?
Appearance: What you look like. A picture or a paragraph. Be sure to mention you have a proton pack if a Ghostbuster.
Personality: How your character acts. A good paragraph.
History: What you were doing before you became a Ghostbuster/before you died/before you were haunted. Paragraph minimum.
Other: Anything else you'd like to mention.

Dr Robotnik
03-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Accepted!
-Dr. Sarah West, Ghostbuster, F, 23

Reserved!

Pending!

Things to Know About:

Proton Packs: (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100319223257/ghostbusters/images/d/d7/L_1ca432328eca4800baacd64a00070a89.png) The things used to weaken ghosts for capture, they shoot out a widely-varying stream of energy that strips away the negative energy that ghosts use to maintain existence with a stream of protons, which weakens them for capturing using the portable capture devices. Crossing the streams could result in the end of all life in our world, and is not recommended in most situations. Thankfully, a failsafe has been installed to keep the streams from crossing in such a way, though it can be turned off for emergencies. Upgrades exist for it, but they're still in transit from New York.

Ghost traps: (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101214103035/ghostbusters/images/a/a2/Trapbio.png) Used to trap ghosts, they isolate the spiritual being and prevent them from escaping. The box is very hot after captures; touching it directly without safety gloves is not advised. Looking into it is also advised against. If opened without being cleared out in the storage unit first, the ghost will be released.

Ecto-2: A currently-unknown vehicle being refurbished for the use of the LA Ghostbusters. It has room for all four Ghostbusters, the four Proton Packs, and other miscellaneous storage. Presumably, it also has a top-mounted device. It's expected to be out of the shop later this week.

Storage Unit: A machine to store ghosts after they've been captured. It's powered by its own generator. If it gets shut off, it will probably follow suit with the New York device and release all the captured ghosts. Turning it off is a very, very bad idea. Based off the Mark II system; Egon sends upgrades for it every once and a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Sarah West

Skills: Degrees in Economics, Psychology and Physics, light work with Proton Packs

Appearance: A thin, short woman with jet-black hair and a single white streak on the right side hanging just below her shoulders, Sarah fit’s the look of the ‘manager’ of the LA Ghostbusters. Usually opting for dark-colored business suits, her Ghostbusters jumpsuit is notably more form-fitting than those of the New York branch, and her Proton Pack as well has been modified from its base design. She has intelligent green eyes and pale skin. It’s been noted that she has a penchant for scarves.

Personality: Very sly and somewhat unprofessional, Sarah displays her knowledge of the human psyche with a cool, fast-paced demeanor. With a New Jersey accent, an indomitable will, and with enough charisma to sell ice packs in Antarctica, there are few more qualified to be the de-facto head of the LA Ghostbusters. She doesn’t like forming relationships with clients or co-workers, but despite that tends to put up an un-serious front, almost like everything was a game. She’s smart enough to be able to handle a lot of the business side of the LA branch, and almost everything but the Proton packs were handled by her in setup.

History: Before becoming a Ghostbuster, Sarah was a newly-graduated college student with a liking for the supernatural. Who else would she seek employment with than the celebrity EXPERTS of the paranormal, the Ghostbusters? Though the New York group said that four was plenty for New York City… they offered her a position as a follow-up to the new Detroit branch, in Los Angeles. Coming from a well-off family in New Jersey, setting up was expensive, but mostly not a problem, and Dr. West was off to Los Angeles before the month was out. Up to this point, she’s been setting things up for the opening of the new Los Angeles Ghostbusters, including renovations to the LA Headquarters, Ecto-2, and setting up the containment unit, as well as hiring the new LA Ghostbusters, though opening day isn’t quite yet…

Other: Despite not acting like it or really saying it, she inherited a massive fortune from her grandparents and is actually insanely rich.

Roughsauce
03-27-2011, 06:48 AM
Reserve me for a ghostbuster named James Simon. I accidentally deleted my sign up. xD

NES2
03-27-2011, 12:26 PM
HOLY FRICKEN COW. I TRIED SOMETHING LIKE THIS ABOUT A FEW MONTHS BACK, EXCEPT IN NEW JERSEY! IDEA STEALER!!!!

*dies from psychopathic rage*

Seriously though, good luck with this. I might join, but I'm pretty burnt out on RPing. Put me on reserve and I'll get back to you in a week.

Dr Robotnik
03-27-2011, 11:51 PM
In all honesty, I never saw yours up anywhere, so any similarities are because we got the idea from the same thing.

So yeah, yous guys can get reserved.

Roughsauce
04-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Sorry I haven't posted... There's like no Internet down here and I'm on vacation so I'll try to finish my SU when I get back.

P.S. I'm on my IPod.