PDA

View Full Version : Leveling woes...

Kamoosekazi
06-17-2011, 04:17 PM
So... this is the second game I've had trouble with leveling....

Not so much the first time through, it's more trying to get my pokemon to 70-75...

Trying to be on even terms to fight the E4 and Cynthia and can't figure out where I can effectively grind, especially since there's no Vs. Finder or people to call...

Defeated the The Riches family, which was a good source of EXP.

Deep Chasm grinding is getting really mundane and the pokemon give about a 1k EXP with lucky egg on -.-

Any suggestions?

(PS. part of my lack in levels could be from not knowing about route 18 until AFTER i beat the game the first time through -.-)

Saraibre Ryu
06-17-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm trying to get my Dragonite to 81 so she can learn Hurricane and right now the most effective method I've found is just beating the E4 over and over again. There's also battling Cheren every day on Victory Road, Bianca every Saturday evening in Nuvema town and Morimoto once a day every day in the Game Freak building.

Just by cycling through these guys often the majority of my Pokemon are in the 70's.

Kamoosekazi
06-17-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm trying to get my Dragonite to 81 so she can learn Hurricane and right now the most effective method I've found is just beating the E4 over and over again. There's also battling Cheren every day on Victory Road, Bianca every Saturday evening in Nuvema town and Morimoto once a day every day in the Game Freak building.

Just by cycling through these guys often the majority of my Pokemon are in the 70's.

Well I can't kill the E4 using all of my pokemon, I've tried... I rely way too much on my Scrafty, however I didn't know about the other ones. That helps me tons for training new party members too!

Mr420
06-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Saraibre Ryu is correct there too, I always push this i know but those Nimbasa Stadiums really cut my leveling time with those multiple trainers.

Kamoosekazi
06-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Saraibre Ryu is correct there too, I always push this i know but those Nimbasa Stadiums really cut my leveling time with those multiple trainers.

Omg... I just realized that Nimbasa's stadiums can be revisited daily, even if you've cleared all the trainers before! thanks!

Battlestar
07-03-2011, 03:50 AM
It would be very helpful to have a least 2 pokemon in the high 80s. But try to have a good type diversity in the 70s or high 60s
You can get this by using the lucky eggs!

atucker22
07-03-2011, 04:37 AM
Nimbasa and rivals, then back to the E4. That's what I do, and my guys are all mid 80s right now, so I guess it works

Sight of the Stars
07-03-2011, 04:48 AM
Just grind the E4 like I do. xD Get an Amulet Coin on one of your mons so they don't end up broke and so that you can still gain something if you only one of them. :P

Kamoosekazi
07-03-2011, 01:34 PM
It would be very helpful to have a least 2 pokemon in the high 80s. But try to have a good type diversity in the 70s or high 60s
You can get this by using the lucky eggs!
My first E4 clear was with all 70-74 mons however ya... I cycle my pokemon through using the Lucky Egg, works like a charm!

Just grind the E4 like I do. xD Get an Amulet Coin on one of your mons so they don't end up broke and so that you can still gain something if you only one of them. :P

Well I just barely got my pokemon into the mid 70s so now I can do the E4 and just care a pokemon through them with EXP share on.

I actually don't like to lose to NPCs. so I save before the E4 and take them all out. If I lose and it's apparent I can't win, I reset and train some more :)
I'm very OCD about it, because even if you win with an amulet coin, you still lose like half of all your money when you white out!