PDA

View Full Version : [Rate Mah Future Team]

Sight of the Stars
06-21-2011, 05:57 PM
I never was much for competitive battling, but since I'm also getting into battles with my friends, I want to be able to kick their asses. More, considering my best friend hasn't beat me yet, but she's getting a lot better. (x

Please keep in mind I hardly ever pay attention to natures/sweeps/IV's/etc. I just go with whoever the freak I want. >:D Also, I was never good at building competitive teams. I mean, you should have seen my Diamond 'team'. Half fire types that I liked and half random types that I liked. xDD I have found a way to love all of these, though. <3

Current Mons (the ones I will be keeping) |

Ferrothorn -- Rocky Helmet
Ability? Iron Barbs
Gentle Nature
Shadow Claw | Cut | Iron Head | Power Whip
Notes | Keep in mind that I have Cut because I still run around on the game. (x

Hydreigon -- Dragon Fang
Ability? Hustle
Careful Nature
Crunch | Dragon Pulse | Flamethrower | Earthquake

Eelektross -- n/a
Ability? Levitate
Gentle Nature
Disharge | Thunder Wave | Wild Charge | Acrobatics
Notes | No item because of Acrobatics damage. Thunder Wave for paralyzing. Discharge is incase I'm going against someone with a low Special Defense, and Wild Charge is for when I'm going against a low Defense Pokemon.

Mandibuzz -- Sharp Beak
Ability? Big Pecks
Sassy Nature
Dark Pulse | Shadow Ball | Fly | Bone Rush

Future Mons (the ones I am getting) |

Chandelure -- ??? (need suggestion)
Ability? Flame Body
??? Nature (tba)
Shadow Ball | Flamethrower | Dream Eater | Energy Ball

Lapras -- ??? (need suggestion)
Ability? Water Absorb
??? Nature (tba)
Ice Beam | Surf | Thunderbolt | Psychic

So that's my planned team... critique? :D

Kamoosekazi
06-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Well what you should do is build a new team and EV train them, but if you're just in it for the lulz with friends and none of you are EV training, then no real need to. But the best part about B/W is they give you this battle box now so you can just have this separate team for battles.
It might take some extra time to train but so worth it instead of gimping your team with HM abilities!

Personally, I would run a Physical Lapras, Adamant Nature with Dragon Dance, Waterfall and Zen Headbutt.... last move slot can be whatevs.
Lapras is kinda bulky so you can afford a set up turn then sweep :)

Sight of the Stars
06-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Well, my Mandibuzz has to be on steroids when it comes to Special Attack because she probably murdered about 200 count Litwicks while I was shiny hunting. xD

I'll see if I can get a Physical Lapras, then. :D I could probably throw in a Surf as that last move, or keep the Thunderbolt/Psychic and use my Carracosta (which I am replacing with Lapras) to surf around when I need to.

Other than the Lapras, though, is my team pretty good? I think I did a pretty good job with it, especially figuring out the Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet combo. xD

Kamoosekazi
06-22-2011, 04:27 AM
Well like I said, it's way better to have an HM mule for when you're adventuring (I love Bibarel, he can learn them all but fly). Or, have a PvE team and a PvP team. That way you don't want to worry about HMs effecting your movesets.

I personally have a team for more competetive play and a team for pokeverse adventuring.

I'll break down your team though with changes I would make in bold.

Ferrothorn -- Leftovers
Ability? Iron Barbs
Sassy
Gyro Ball | Power Whip | Leech Seed/Engrain | Spikes/Protect

With Ferrothorn Gentle lowers his Def and really, that's all he has going for him. With Sassy, you lower his already low speed and make Gyro Ball hit like a truck. Leech Seed and Leftovers keep him alive and Spikes are good for setting up or Protect to stall out while Leech Seed kills and heals.
Leech Seed is obtained through breeding.

Chandelure -- Ghost Gem
Flame Body or Flash Fire
Quiet
Shadow Ball | Overheat/Heat Wave | Trick Room | Protect

These two pokemon can help out so well because they're both slow. And with a Trick Room in play Ferroseed AND Chandelure can Sweep most comps.

As for the Eelektross and Mandibuzz, I'm just not a big fan of them.
Honchkrow has about double the Sp.Atk and Atk than Mandibuzz does, so unless you plan on using her as more a wall or stall, I don't think she'll fair well against most attackers.
Eelektross does have the ability to scout really well. With no weaknesses and a Volt Tackle option you can send him out to see what move sets your opponents are setting up. Also, he's pretty slow, so you can fit that right into your Trick room party.

Lapras being slow helps too so I guess if you prefer slower, bulky pokemon the Trick Room Chandelure is your best bet.

Sight of the Stars
06-22-2011, 04:52 AM
I seriously plan on keeping my Ferrothorn where he is. The combo I have for him now works great for me, and annoys the heck out of Megan (my friend). xDDD Also, Power Whip wasn't a change. xD

Wait, Ghost Gems can only be used once. Where am I going to get the Ghost Gems every time I use a move? Why not just put a Spell Tag on it?

I prefer Flame Body, due to the effect it has on eggs and the fact that burns reduce Attack and Special Attack.

Trick Room would be a nice addition, though. I prefer Flamethrower over Overheat, since Overheat lowers your Special Attack. I'll definitely consider Heat Wave, though. Protect would be a nice last resort, if needed, but I never saw much use in it unless the offending Pokemon has a damaging status ailment and you need to stall until it dies.

Kamoosekazi
06-22-2011, 10:07 PM
I seriously plan on keeping my Ferrothorn where he is. The combo I have for him now works great for me, and annoys the heck out of Megan (my friend). xDDD Also, Power Whip wasn't a change. xD

Wait, Ghost Gems can only be used once. Where am I going to get the Ghost Gems every time I use a move? Why not just put a Spell Tag on it?

I prefer Flame Body, due to the effect it has on eggs and the fact that burns reduce Attack and Special Attack.

Trick Room would be a nice addition, though. I prefer Flamethrower over Overheat, since Overheat lowers your Special Attack. I'll definitely consider Heat Wave, though. Protect would be a nice last resort, if needed, but I never saw much use in it unless the offending Pokemon has a damaging status ailment and you need to stall until it dies.

That's fine man, you just asked for advice/suggestions so I just mentioned what I would do.
The gentle nature on your Ferroseed takes away from his Def to give him more Sp. Def, which is counter productive because Def is his strong point, and since you're rocking Rocky Helm/Iron Barbs I figured you would want more Def instead of less to take that extra dmg. Breeding for Leech Seed + Leftovers + Protect to keep him alive that much longer paired with a Gyro Ball that can't be stopped, you have a wrecking crew.

Ya Flame Body is good, I just threw in the option of Flash Fire for lulz. There's just one issue with both; the right attack has to hit Chandelure for the ability to be triggered. But while we're on the subject of Flame Body and Burn, that's what protect is for. Stalling just to make that pokemon take free damage without taking any of your own.
I suggested Overheat because the high power it has, odds are once you sweep one pokemon, they're gonna counter so you're gonna swap anyway, thus negating the lack in Sp. Atk.
Ghost Gem adds + 50% to a ghost ability (Spell Tag/Ghost Plate only adds 20%), thus allowing for a BIG hit with Shadow Ball (which is good against Psychics and other Ghosts). And you complained about it being a one time use thing. Yes, but in a PvP battle, your item doesn't disappear for good, just til the end of the battle.

I'm on the same level as you though, I prefer to have my friendly pokemon battles with pokemon I just like, while keeping a good variety in my team and move sets, however since I got back into pokemon I took a good look at defensive and set up moves as a "for the long run" of the fight.

Like I said earlier, PvE pros are PvP cons in a battle group. It's not like you're gonna have an egg with you trying to hatch it, so when building a group, don't use things like that as an excuse to have something in your team. When I hatch eggs I carry my Larvesta with me in a group full of eggs and run around the day-care center, lol.
Hope all this helps.

And just pray your friend doesn't visit forums like this looking for advice either ;)

PS. I love your Avatar, made me rofl

Sight of the Stars
06-24-2011, 07:48 PM
That's fine man, you just asked for advice/suggestions so I just mentioned what I would do.
The gentle nature on your Ferroseed takes away from his Def to give him more Sp. Def, which is counter productive because Def is his strong point, and since you're rocking Rocky Helm/Iron Barbs I figured you would want more Def instead of less to take that extra dmg. Breeding for Leech Seed + Leftovers + Protect to keep him alive that much longer paired with a Gyro Ball that can't be stopped, you have a wrecking crew.

Ya Flame Body is good, I just threw in the option of Flash Fire for lulz. There's just one issue with both; the right attack has to hit Chandelure for the ability to be triggered. But while we're on the subject of Flame Body and Burn, that's what protect is for. Stalling just to make that pokemon take free damage without taking any of your own.
I suggested Overheat because the high power it has, odds are once you sweep one pokemon, they're gonna counter so you're gonna swap anyway, thus negating the lack in Sp. Atk.
Ghost Gem adds + 50% to a ghost ability (Spell Tag/Ghost Plate only adds 20%), thus allowing for a BIG hit with Shadow Ball (which is good against Psychics and other Ghosts). And you complained about it being a one time use thing. Yes, but in a PvP battle, your item doesn't disappear for good, just til the end of the battle.

I'm on the same level as you though, I prefer to have my friendly pokemon battles with pokemon I just like, while keeping a good variety in my team and move sets, however since I got back into pokemon I took a good look at defensive and set up moves as a "for the long run" of the fight.

Like I said earlier, PvE pros are PvP cons in a battle group. It's not like you're gonna have an egg with you trying to hatch it, so when building a group, don't use things like that as an excuse to have something in your team. When I hatch eggs I carry my Larvesta with me in a group full of eggs and run around the day-care center, lol.
Hope all this helps.

And just pray your friend doesn't visit forums like this looking for advice either ;)

PS. I love your Avatar, made me rofl

Nah, she doesn't. xD

Well, I sort of loved the Special Defense when I was being spammed with Shadow Balls in the Elite Four when it came to Psychic/Ghost types. (x It kept me alive long enough to spam Shadow Claws on the Psychic and do other things to the Ghost.

I guess with the Ghost Gem, I could just keep a Spell Tag on it out of PvP, and before entering a PvP battle I guess I could just switch. Overheat sounds like a pretty good idea now, too. Thanks for that. ^^; Any hints on Hydreigon's moveset?

P.S. I'm glad it did! xD

KKranberry
06-24-2011, 08:24 PM
I have one quick addition. For items, give your Eelektross a Flying Gem. It's perfect for Acrobatics. The gem is used up before the attack registers whether or not the user has an item. Therefore, in addition to the 2x no item bonus, you get the 1.5x bonus from the Flying Gem. End result? A superpowered, 3x damage Acrobatics the first time you use it.

Sight of the Stars
06-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Hm, yes, I've heard of that method. I'll have to see about getting a Flying Gem in a cave, I don't have one. ^^; Thanks!

Kamoosekazi
06-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Nah, she doesn't. xD

Well, I sort of loved the Special Defense when I was being spammed with Shadow Balls in the Elite Four when it came to Psychic/Ghost types. (x It kept me alive long enough to spam Shadow Claws on the Psychic and do other things to the Ghost.

I guess with the Ghost Gem, I could just keep a Spell Tag on it out of PvP, and before entering a PvP battle I guess I could just switch. Overheat sounds like a pretty good idea now, too. Thanks for that. ^^; Any hints on Hydreigon's moveset?

P.S. I'm glad it did! xD
Hydreigon -- Life Orb/Chople Berry
Ability? Levitate
Modest Nature
Dark Pulse | Dragon Pulse | Flamethrower/FireBlast | U-turn

That's what I would build.

Sight of the Stars
06-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Hydreigon -- Life Orb/Chople Berry
Ability? Levitate
Modest Nature
Dark Pulse | Dragon Pulse | Flamethrower/FireBlast | U-turn

That's what I would build.

Hm, interesting. I would keep to Flamethrower due to the fact that FireBlast only has 5 PP unless you use PP-Ups. I'll check up on Dark Pulse, and U-Turn sounds interesting, since I can always quickly get him out of there incase I find myself matched up unfavorably.

Kamoosekazi
06-25-2011, 12:58 AM
Hm, interesting. I would keep to Flamethrower due to the fact that FireBlast only has 5 PP unless you use PP-Ups. I'll check up on Dark Pulse, and U-Turn sounds interesting, since I can always quickly get him out of there incase I find myself matched up unfavorably.

Ya I like U-Turn and Volt Change, such good scouting measures. Also, if you need more than 5 fire blasts in a battle, your opponent's team is completely flawed >.>

Machampion
06-26-2011, 04:35 PM
This team needs a makeover

Sight of the Stars
06-26-2011, 05:05 PM
This team needs a makeover

In what way? I'd like to hear it.

Machampion
06-26-2011, 05:30 PM
In what way? I'd like to hear it.

Ferrothorn - Needs a makeover, It's supposed to be a wall. The best Moveset would be.. Iron Defense, Ingrain, Explosion and Payback with a Rocky Helmet on it.

Sorry about the rest of your team, I never really reviewed them. But anyway, Do that and raise Ferrothorn with Sp. and Physical Defense EVs.

Sight of the Stars
06-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Iron Defense and Ingrain I would consider. The other two I would not. >.>

Viva la Gofre
06-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Ferrothorn - Needs a makeover, It's supposed to be a wall. The best Moveset would be.. Iron Defense, Ingrain, Explosion and Payback with a Rocky Helmet on it.

Sorry about the rest of your team, I never really reviewed them. But anyway, Do that and raise Ferrothorn with Sp. and Physical Defense EVs.
Ingrain prevents the user from switching, so when that pesky fire type comes in to OHKO you with ember, you're entirely screwed.

The combination of "it's supposed to be a wall" and "explosion" also baffles me.

Sight of the Stars
06-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Ingrain prevents the user from switching, so when that pesky fire type comes in to OHKO you with ember, you're entirely screwed.

The combination of "it's supposed to be a wall" and "explosion" also baffles me.

Exactly what I was thinking. :/ I never use explosion anyway, just because I prefer keeping my Pokemon, unless it's almost impossible to beat the opponent, which doesn't happen often.

Machampion
06-27-2011, 02:38 AM
"explosion" also baffles me.

Explosion is set that when you know a fire type comes in and you're screwed, Use it to do massive damage and NOT let Ferrothorn's sacrifice be in vain.

Judgmental Arceus
06-27-2011, 03:10 AM

I would argue that Ferrothorn is a better tank than just a wall, especially when it comes to Gyro Ball and Trick Room use due to its low speed and decent base physical attack.
Personally I'd take the Gyro Ball set Kamoosekazi suggested.

Judgmental Arceus
06-27-2011, 03:12 AM

I would argue that Ferrothorn is a better tank than just a wall, especially when it comes to Gyro Ball and Trick Room use due to its low speed and decent base physical attack.
Personally I'd take the Gyro Ball set Kamoosekazi suggested and throw my EVs into Attack, HP and Sp. Def

Viva la Gofre
06-27-2011, 03:34 AM
Explosion is set that when you know a fire type comes in and you're screwed, Use it to do massive damage and NOT let Ferrothorn's sacrifice be in vain.
Not sure if you've noticed, but Ferrothorn is slow as hell. Unless you have magical prediction skills, they're going to KO you before you can KO them.

Alternatively he could not use ingrain, and withdraw his wall for when he can actually use it again.

Sight of the Stars
06-27-2011, 03:42 AM
I side with Arceus and Viva. x) Which would be better: Iron Defense or Curse?

Machampion
06-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Whatever..

Xiie
06-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Ferrothorn is supposed to be a spiky wall. I don't know if this works (which is I am gonna go try sooner or later) but make him learn 'Rest'. So while he's asleep of course, he'd be recovering health plus Iron Barbs. You can also make him learn Stealth Rock for pewpew damage while he's asleep. Toxic works also :)

Frost Dragon
06-27-2011, 08:46 PM
I like the team... especially since I still don't have a real team, mine is 2 non ubers and... well, ubers.