PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July

Doodlebop
07-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Happy 4th of July for us Americans! (And anyone else who celebrates the 4th for some reason, I suppose.)

Anyone got any plans? My family's gonna grill with aunts and uncles. No fireworks- we haven't gotten enough rain and there's a burn ban around here. ;.;

SLC
07-03-2011, 07:27 PM
I dpn't really celebrate it because I'm British but my mum has a BBQ anyway :>

Anastasia-R
07-03-2011, 07:40 PM
I'll be at my grandma's house, for a cook out. We'll probably be watching the Boston Pops or whatever, and be waiting for fireworks. We can't go, because of something to do with my dad xP. My grandma has a great view of the fireworks, though, so it won't be a total lost. =]

Sight of the Stars
07-03-2011, 07:42 PM
I dpn't really celebrate it because I'm British but my mum has a BBQ anyway :>

Any excuse for BBQ is a good excuse. :)

Operative
07-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I'll be sitting at home playing video games the whole and hear the occasional pop of firecrackers outside in my neighborhood.

Happy 4th of July you 'mercians.

SLC
07-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Any excuse for BBQ is a good excuse. :)

Quite the contrary. My mums having some mates sleep round, so she's rented out my room.

I have to sleep outside LOL.

Operative
07-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Quite the contrary. My mums having some mates sleep round, so she's rented out my room.

Request money for every hour they stay in your room.

MoonKit
07-03-2011, 09:18 PM

I'm with Operative on this one.

Its not the 4th yet, but I plan on going with my dad to his friends house because two of my friends (Not in my school, but I met them last 4th of july) are probaby going to be there. Otherwise I will be playing my computor and on here as usual.

Evildoctorporkchop
07-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Work. Everyone who is too lazy to cook will be coming there. -___-

HKim
07-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Normally I head out with my family to watch fireworks from the field of a local school. Unfortunately I won't be with them this year so hopefully I can watch other firework displays.

Sometimes we have a barbecue.

Trent Reznor
07-03-2011, 11:56 PM
I'll be at my grandma's house, for a cook out. We'll probably be watching the Boston Pops or whatever, and be waiting for fireworks. We can't go, because of something to do with my dad xP. My grandma has a great view of the fireworks, though, so it won't be a total lost. =]
Same, but I'm watching it in person.

Probably from the MIT side.

Nova_Eevee
07-04-2011, 12:18 AM
well we're heading upto a small city to watch fireworks :P and i aint staying up till about 5 am this time XD

Jessu
07-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Fireworks are banned down here. Yaaaaay Texas droughts.

Well, Galveston County (where I live, but I live in a city full of trees) isn't banned but just about everywhere else is.

Shucklulz
07-04-2011, 02:58 AM
I'm going to go watch the fireworks at a harbor downtown. Other than that, I'm probably not doing anything since I usually just use holidays to relax. :J

Steak
07-04-2011, 03:15 PM
we watched fireworks at the top of a dam on a golf course yesterday, so I'm probably not doing anything to celebrate today.

also the golf course's sprinklers in front of us came on and this group of people got soaked

Hoshika
07-04-2011, 03:34 PM
going to south street seaport to eat pizza, then coming back home before the fireworks happen

ehehEHEHehehEHehhehtrcfxdrhx

Pokemon_Ron
07-05-2011, 12:21 AM
going to see fireworks wit my girl and couple buddies here soon. some good ol' redneck fun.:confused:

GallantlyGlaceon
07-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Nothing. I managed to go out and see some fireworks last night, (though anything that goes into the air and explodes is banned here, but nobody cares), and that's pretty much it. I like to sit around on holida-I mean, don't do much on holidays. ^^

Phantom Kat
07-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Fireworks are banned down here. Yaaaaay Texas droughts.

Well, Galveston County (where I live, but I live in a city full of trees) isn't banned but just about everywhere else is.

Yay for Texas droughts! xD Where I recently moved (near Austin area) no fireworks can be fired off, but I assume (like back in Christmas) they'll set some fireworks further away, so we might be able to see them.

Apparent in south Texas, according to my friend, they're setting fireworks, which is weird because it's a bunch of crops and cattle.

Well, we don't celebrate the 4th of July because we're Mexican; we just set off fireworks when we're allowed. However, I still give thanks to the fact that the US gained its independence on this day. Even though I was only born here and have no family roots, I'll be selfish and foolish to dismiss the fact that being an American citizen has given me more opportunities that I could have hoped for.

Oh yes, as to what I'm actually doing, nothing, really. My parents out of town to finish bringing out belongings to our new house. My brother and I have been alone since yesterday morning, taking care of our shipload of pets and hijacking internet.

- Kat

Jessu
07-05-2011, 07:03 AM
Yay for Texas droughts! xD Where I recently moved (near Austin area) no fireworks can be fired off, but I assume (like back in Christmas) they'll set some fireworks further away, so we might be able to see them.

Apparent in south Texas, according to my friend, they're setting fireworks, which is weird because it's a bunch of crops and cattle.

I think Galveston was the only city that fired them this year. Houston might have, but I'd have to check with Mario on that. xD
I was so glad that fireworks were banned in my city though. People in my neighborhood go INSANE with the fireworks when there's an event that calls for them. Back on New Years, people were still popping them a month later.

Austin area? :o I'll be a couple of hours away in San Antonio in the last week of July. xD

Phantom Kat
07-11-2011, 02:02 AM
I think Galveston was the only city that fired them this year. Houston might have, but I'd have to check with Mario on that. xD
I was so glad that fireworks were banned in my city though. People in my neighborhood go INSANE with the fireworks when there's an event that calls for them. Back on New Years, people were still popping them a month later.

Austin area? :o I'll be a couple of hours away in San Antonio in the last week of July. xD

My past neighbors would also go crazy, but that's because we Mexicans. Some of us just want an excuse to shoot off their guns and play loud music. Since we were outside the city limits, the police let them be. :tongue:

Yeah, Hutto, to be exact. Blink while you're driving, and you'll miss it. xDD

- Kat