PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Pokemon

AceArceus222
10-04-2011, 11:32 PM
is there a way to get shiny Pokemon faster in Pokemon platinum? i searched and searched and couldn't find any.:neutral:

Graceful_Suicune
10-05-2011, 05:08 AM
No, mate. You need to be patient and wait to find them. It IS a chance out of more than 8000 that you'll run into a shiny, so you need to be patient. Going looking for them is probably not a very good idea, as you will be disappointed. However, using your PokeRadar will help you find shiny pokemon.

~GS.

Crackerjack
10-20-2011, 01:36 AM
is there a way to get shiny Pokemon faster in Pokemon platinum? i searched and searched and couldn't find any.:neutral:

Being a Shiny hunter, I have good advice for this. I have 19 legitimate Shiny Pokémon in Pearl version alone. I don't feel like explaining, but the PokéRadar does help. It takes practice and a bit of skill, though. Look up "How to chain shiny pokemon" in Google or on YouTube. Shuko's YouTube video is nice, and I consider her the founder of 4th generation shiny chaining. User of youtube Z33 has gotten over 800 Shinies with this method. If you haven't gotten the National Dex yet, research the Masuda method, which takes little to no skill but more patience. I wish you success!

Cheerful Cherubi
10-20-2011, 04:28 AM
What they said. It is all luck based. The first shiny I ever found was a shiny Psyduck in Platinum. It was completely random, but I caught it anyways. The second shiny I found was a Makuhita, and that was during a swarm, so there's that. I've also found a shiny Emolga in White, and hatched a shiny Tepig, too!! I've found more, but those were just the notable ones.

OldMax
10-25-2011, 04:29 AM
in HG i run up and down with the bike on the road to the left of the daycare center so when one hatches you can go replace it right away.
takes alot of trys though

MrPolarZero
10-26-2011, 05:08 PM
What they said. It is all luck based. The first shiny I ever found was a shiny Psyduck in Platinum.

Same with me, my first shiny was a Psyduck.

I do believe that getting a shiny is random and depends on luck.

Zan Sabrefang
10-26-2011, 07:49 PM
If you have access to Wi-Fi, you could try putting up a monster for a Ditto and hope for a Japanese one, then breed it with whatever monster you want as a shiny.
I believe this negates the ability to pass down Natures, but drastically increases your chance at a shiny baby Pokémon.
These aren't actual figures, but I believe in Gen 4 it reduces likelihood from 1/8000 to roughly 1/2000.
It works better in Gen 5 though I believe, dropping to just over 1/1000.

Other than that, PokéRadar seems to work well (I got a shiny Shinx).
Just chain up to roughly 40 of the same monster and your chances are fantastically high of getting a shiny.

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
10-27-2011, 06:36 AM
I also have Platinum. I used the Poke Radar and caught several legit shinnies that way.

My nephew had better luck than I do. He finds them in the wild. He doesn't care about them, so he gives them to me. I have three that were formerly his.

It takes time and patience. I have next-to-no luck catching shinnies ordinarily so feel really fortunate to have a Poke Radar. I wish they had one in Black and White.

Hearing of people's success makes me want to play Platinum again and start shiny hunting.

Regrettably there are no legitimate short cuts to catching shinnies. I'm sorry. I wish you success in your efforts. Take care.

On a another note, let us know if you catch any with the Poke Radar and we'll cheer you on, okay. Take care.

MC3-PS2
11-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Poke Radar is the most useful option, butr if you would like to take time..I would soft-reset.

Primal Link
12-12-2011, 12:20 PM
The poke radar is your best bet, caught many a shiny by using that.

As for instanes of shinys outwith sinnoh i caught a shiny linoone(ruby), Rayquaza(SS, soon as i saw it was shiny one master ball), Zubat (SS, they are everywhere really) and a shiny patrat (White) Its just luck really i dunno how lucky i got with that embedded tower rayquaza though...

Swampert Guy
12-26-2011, 11:17 PM
You could use Poke Radar to help you

Plus, shiny Pokemon are just sprites with different colors - nothing else