PDA

View Full Version : Bert and Ernie Love Scandal...

Redlark
11-20-2011, 06:51 AM
I for one think the whole debate is stupid and diluted. But some people think otherwise, so I'm putting this out there so I can see what you think.

Now that that's out there, for those who don't know, there's been quite a large internet movement to sign an online petition for Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street to get married on the show.

The Children's Television Workshop respectfully declined the matter in saying:

"Bert and Ernie are best friends. They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves. Even though they are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and characteristics (as most Sesame Street Muppets™ do), they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation." - CTW Productions

So though, I personally believe Sesame Street is doing the right thing in not having the marriage on air. What do you think?

(*I threw in a poll, because people like polls)

MrPolarZero
12-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Choice #3.. zzzzz

Teddiursa of the Sky
12-09-2011, 09:32 PM
I have nothing against gay marriage or gays, but this is a kids show and people are worried about the morality of it? Technically, marriage is amoral because it is the transaction of property, that of which is the female... historically.

Lusankya
12-10-2011, 04:05 AM
What, people (puppets?) can't be good friends without being lovers?

Graceful_Suicune
12-10-2011, 05:43 AM
What, people (puppets?) can't be good friends without being lovers?

This. I think it's ridiculous that people would consider them lovers. =/

~GS.

Zappo09
03-13-2012, 03:58 AM
No way. Ernie and Bert are best friends.

Who's idea was this to make this thread?

goldwynaut
03-20-2012, 05:13 PM
i think the point of them was to prevent kids from being gay haters

Phantom0990
03-24-2012, 10:44 PM
It's a kid show... like a kid really gives a shinizzle about that? If they do then they are too old/mature to be watching in the fraking first place.