PDA

View Full Version : This place is regaining a lot of activity!

Shozuka
03-31-2012, 04:38 AM
I've been here for over six years now and I can say that PE2K has never been this inactive. It's just sad really, this place used to be booming with activity. Have you guys made an effort to bring the old members back? It's sad to see what was once a great forum with tons of activity slowly die.

We have to find a way to bring PE2K back to life! T_T

Saraibre Ryu
03-31-2012, 05:05 AM
Yeah a lot of the members decide to leave when the forum was condensed due to loewred activity. Since then a lot of people have slowly left. I miss the old activity rates too, but getting them back up is certainly what I think I can say for everyone, something we would all like to achieve once again.

I was always more to the role play sections, of which I hope to bring up to what it used to be, and the ASB which is fairly dead at the momment. I don't see why we can't use this thread to collab some ideas.

Shozuka
03-31-2012, 05:21 AM
Yes, I definitely think we should find a way to pick up activity around here! :)

Have any admins/G-Mods tried sending a mass email to everyone with a Pe2k account? That could get some old members to come back and check the forum out.

Also, do we know where the old members migrated? We could contact them on another website.

goldwynaut
03-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Also, do we know where the old members migrated? We could contact them on another website.

most of them moved to the serebii forum. but even if this place is kind of dull right now it may get back up in the future, no need to go drastic:oops:

thirty-six
03-31-2012, 03:15 PM
I assumed the people who were most active here got busy with work and studies… disappointing to hear a migration lol

Teddiursa of the Sky
03-31-2012, 04:15 PM
That is a little aggravating to hear. Sort of like feeling betrayed, no? What do the other forums have that we don't?

Shozuka
03-31-2012, 05:15 PM
most of them moved to the serebii forum. but even if this place is kind of dull right now it may get back up in the future, no need to go drastic:oops:

It's been slowly dying since 2010... Not even the release of B/W saved this forum.

Kenny_C.002
03-31-2012, 06:01 PM
It's been slowly dying since 2010... Not even the release of B/W saved this forum.
Well we do have a running website now. I have no idea what else one can do, considering that it was the thing that we had thought to be the "it" reason why there wasn't any activity.

Teddiursa of the Sky
03-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Well we do have a running website now. I have no idea what else one can do, considering that it was the thing that we had thought to be the "it" reason why there wasn't any activity.

Perhaps purchasing advertisement slots online might spark some activity.

We could always download and use spam bots on other forums! :D

Socratic Sarcasm
03-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Perhaps we could see the ways we each came to the forum to begin with, pick up a pattern, and formulate a plan from there.

I came due to a google search. I joined because of Neo Emolga's Last (Lost?) Souls RP.

Ridley
03-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Most of the old members went to Serebii? I heard their forums weren't very nice...

As for me, my inactivity could be attributed to college, I guess. And the fact that everyone else left. Downward spiral, I guess.

goldwynaut
04-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Most of the old members went to Serebii? I heard their forums weren't very nice...

serebii,s forum i would say is almost identical to pokemonelite2000, there are just a few more categories, thats all. but serebii attracts people due to very many and small news updates,
it works in such a way that anything seems new on serebii. and that makes it popular.

SLC
04-01-2012, 09:11 AM
A lot of the cool members who used to URPG are at BMGf, and they still return to do WAR and everything.

Ridley
04-01-2012, 05:18 PM
serebii,s forum i would say is almost identical to pokemonelite2000, there are just a few more categories, thats all. but serebii attracts people due to very many and small news updates,
it works in such a way that anything seems new on serebii. and that makes it popular.

I meant the community.

Poring
04-01-2012, 05:44 PM
I joined when D/P was released to trade. Stopped posting actively around 2009, but I still visit every so often. I think a lot of it has to do with old members aging/getting busier. And potential new members will most likely join one of the more popular Pokemon forums.

Kenny_C.002
04-01-2012, 07:55 PM
I think that is the case. Most of the population here is pretty old in the pokemon setting. It's not like a game like magic the gathering where you can realistically stick around with forever.

Marill
04-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Some of us will always have a special place in our hearts for PE2K. Like me! Hey Kenny, missed you bud. How ya been?

Never lose hope. Before you know it, Neo, HKim and Syrus and Daniella will be back. :)

Cplusplus
04-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Let me tell you it really sucks signing up to a forum 2 days before you come across a thread called "this place is dead".
To be honest people have real lives to get on with so that is their main priority.
Let me tell you the reason i think this forum is suffering from inactivity, lets just say i become inactive for a whole month for a reason that has nothing to do with this forum and one of you guys notice an activity drop from one member then you start to think about something else and that cycle is being repeated over and over.
We or I know that one day this forum will cease to exist, its only a matter of time.

Teddiursa of the Sky
04-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Perhaps we could see the ways we each came to the forum to begin with, pick up a pattern, and formulate a plan from there.

I came due to a google search. I joined because of Neo Emolga's Last (Lost?) Souls RP.

Why was this such a smart idea that I didn't think of?

goldwynaut
04-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Some of us will always have a special place in our hearts for PE2K. Like me! Hey Kenny, missed you bud. How ya been?

Never lose hope. Before you know it, Neo, HKim and Syrus and Daniella will be back. :)

his place will at least have a place in my heart in the years forwards.
reasoned with the fact that ITS BETTER THAN FACEBOOK!

miyoun
04-03-2012, 12:10 AM
dead because a lot of the golden oldies left ;(

agggron
04-03-2012, 05:27 AM
i just joined if that helped im gonna tell all my friends about you guys ok im gonna work my butt off i will become a dedicted soldier to this website for i feel en debted to do so *patrotic salute*

HKim
04-03-2012, 08:06 AM
I just don't know what to do anymore. The site's doing better each day in terms of drawing traffic. We get thousands of visits.

I just don't know how to translate that success to the board...

Max0596
04-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Hey, I'm doing my best here, haha. I'm trying and somewhat succeeding in getting people here, but I have to agree that it's a lot better than Facebook. It might look dead, but I think our RP section is quite alive!

I've went through a few of these, 3 clans that I was in died, one is still around, and a ton of RP's. It's tough, but in RP's...We revive. We add new chapters, new parts. It gets more diverse and exciting all the time that way, and that's what PE2K is doing right now. Hey, we hit a rough spot; I wasn't even here for the "good" stuff, but I can see it by going through the old threads.

The real problem is where the gaming industry is going. This site was amazing 3-4 years ago, back when every child on the block owned the games and an NDS, not an XB360 and CoD, like they do now. The industry is so messed up that flipping the rating system on it's head wouldn't make a lick of difference.

How to translate it? Get interesting things going. Spice up what's here, and attract more people from things like Google searches and hook them! I'm trying my best with my RP, and was pondering on starting up another IA very soon.

When you accept it, then there's no turning back. Fight out of this! :D

PikaChew
04-05-2012, 09:02 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/75/Zombies_Ate_My_Neighbors_box.jpg

Teddiursa of the Sky
04-05-2012, 09:16 PM
I just don't know what to do anymore. The site's doing better each day in terms of drawing traffic. We get thousands of visits.

I just don't know how to translate that success to the board...

Put more emphasis in the forum?

LS
04-11-2012, 04:22 AM
URPG was a large chunk of the activity. It expanded and now it's dead.

RIP ):

Hopefully WAR or something will revive it.

5TailedDemonLizard
04-11-2012, 12:33 PM
It was pretty sad coming back after a year or so hiatus and seeing the forum dying. I've tried to stick with the art section and RPG, as well as putting some time into the ASB, but without a lot of active old members it seems that things aren't going anywhere.

But I'm not saying I'm giving up. I've promoted this site of my DeviantArt and Tumblr, and really want people to join in. I mean, there's something for everyone here!! I just think we need a bit more of organized activity on several of the boards.

I was personally drawn in here because of the art section and Pokemon RPGs. I know it's hard to get them up and running with so few members, but I want to at least try. I consider myself a "newish old member", since I've been here for about three years, or something. I remember the good old times and want them back :)

Shozuka
04-11-2012, 03:27 PM
URPG was a large chunk of the activity. It expanded and now it's dead.

RIP ):

Hopefully WAR or something will revive it.

I agree, I think the URPG expansion was the nail in the coffin. Many members migrated to BMGf. T_T

miyoun
04-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I agree, I think the URPG expansion was the nail in the coffin. Many members migrated to BMGf. T_T

the reason pe2k dIED

bleepbloop
04-13-2012, 01:00 AM
sorry to put a damper on the subject but i was one of them that migrated to bmgf lol.... i did so cause i heard their rp section was a bit more active than here, and i can say well, it was :>... i aslo like it over there cause they got things like mafia and stuff that's pretty fun and stuff and yeah... i still come back here every now and then though...

DemonicWolf
04-13-2012, 03:06 AM
I haven't been online for maybe a year now, and well, IM BACK lol
Sometimes, like with me, this site can just call you. It was weird, but I also used to love all the activity..

scubasteveE
04-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Well I don't consider myself a "golden oldie" and probably no one even remembers who I am since I was never popular on this site, but hey I'm back.

Tbh, I sort of migrated to pokebeach because I really got into the tcg and even when this place was thriving, it didn't really have an active tcg section. Then a couple of life bombs here and there, and here we are. I do remember when I got Gigatitan(a once popular youtube channel) to plug this website to get more activity here, but it didn't really work because he sort died right after that.(he actually still makes videos though) Maybe.....wow I can't remember the adim's name here, I can't believe I forgot it! xD Anyway, maybe we can get Pe2k to get a well known youtube channel to advertise us?

The Doctor
04-16-2012, 03:19 AM
I usually pop on this site every now and then but compared when I joined in 2006 to now in 2012... this place is really dead. Back in those days, this site was just exploding with all sorts of activity. Those were the good times...

~Darkness

Typhlosion Explosion
04-16-2012, 03:29 AM
Yeah, I've used to have a very old account back in 2007. (That password has long left my mind.) There was booming activity. There was also a great deal of activity last Spring, so maybe it'll pick up later on this year!

Miasma
04-16-2012, 03:47 AM
This situation reminds me of a similar one on my old internet home. You just have to stick with the place, and hope that the activity will pick up eventually. As long as the owner still believes in the forum, it will never be dead. Unfortunately with my old place, the owner gave up on it, and then it really did die.

Just don't give up on it, and things should turn around eventually. Pokémon is a far reaching entity, so you have one of the largest fan-bases to pull members from.

Don't let the doomsday talk get you down.

Grassy_Aggron
04-16-2012, 04:04 AM
Yep. Used to be booming - the RP section was always changing in terms of the "latest post by..." and you were lucky to hold on to yours being there for more than five minutes.

Alas, those times are gone for now...But, everything has it's ups and down. It'll pick up, then die again, then pick up once more...

We could get a well known YouTube user...But...*If only I had equipment to record game LPs, I would open an account and do it* It might be hard. Shameless plugging doesn't always help, either.

scubasteveE
04-17-2012, 06:29 AM
Well FizzyStardust and I are old friends, so I can shoot him a message, though I haven't talked to him in a long time.

I've got some other people in mind, so I can see what I can do.

Hypocrisy is Fun
04-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Yeah, I've used to have a very old account back in 2007. (That password has long left my mind.) There was booming activity. There was also a great deal of activity last Spring, so maybe it'll pick up later on this year!

2007 was probably the pinnacle of activity. After the D/P boards started dying down, the rest of the forum slowly went with it.

Cobalt Shadow
04-17-2012, 11:44 AM
I guess the oldies have started to grow up maybe. These days i will only pick up my DS to check which pokemon I have, but i never actually play any more. I havent played in about 3 years. These days I will only ever hop on Pe2k during the holidays or on sick days when I am bored.

Judge Dredd
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
in an ideal world we would pass our site onto the next generation of pokemon fans. They are still lots of new fans of pokemon out there. We just gotta get back to the basics around here. We need to get our name to the top of the google seach bar again :cool:

This place can't be dead if all of us are still here talking on a daily basis.

Assaundrell Yumerai
04-17-2012, 04:36 PM
I still love this forum no matter what(^^)
Nice members. mods, and admin, I really appreciate it.

goldwynaut
04-17-2012, 06:09 PM
i have been seeing more activity lately...

Teddiursa of the Sky
04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Yep. Used to be booming - the RP section was always changing in terms of the "latest post by..." and you were lucky to hold on to yours being there for more than five minutes.

Alas, those times are gone for now...But, everything has it's ups and down. It'll pick up, then die again, then pick up once more...

We could get a well known YouTube user...But...*If only I had equipment to record game LPs, I would open an account and do it* It might be hard. Shameless plugging doesn't always help, either.

If only the forum knew about the Youtube channel Xanthe and I opened like a year ago. -.-'

Swampert Guy
04-18-2012, 05:23 PM
I assumed the people who were most active here got busy with work and studies… disappointing to hear a migration lol

I agree that people are busy with work and studies. I've been coming here once a week. I would appear more if there were more activity.

goldwynaut
04-26-2012, 07:35 PM
if you visit the traiva boards, it will be tons of activity, even thought its just me and some other members posting there, i am sure that place has the most activity on the forum:smile:

Charbok
05-16-2012, 03:11 AM
Say it ain't so!

LS
05-17-2012, 08:17 AM
I don't like these negative threads. ): Pe2k is far from dead. We're actually gaining a lot of activity recently.

I'm tempted to lock this now because I wanna keep things positive. ): thanks guys!

DaRkUmBrEoN
05-17-2012, 09:35 AM
I don't like these negative threads. ): Pe2k is far from dead. We're actually gaining a lot of activity recently.

I'm tempted to lock this now because I wanna keep things positive. ): thanks guys!
LS, you can change the thread title.
That's what I'd do. XD

Saves you the trouble of locking.

Charbok
05-17-2012, 11:04 PM
You can't lock this. That's fascism.

What happened to freedom?