PDA

View Full Version : What program do you pixel with?

Speed-X
05-18-2012, 03:36 PM
I wanted to remake Xanthe's thread. Hoping no one minds.

It's just a curious question: what program? I used to work with Paint, until I realized it sucks: now I use GraphicsGale. It's the best thing ever. It has its quirks here and there, but it has a built-in GIF animator, layers, alpha, color palette, and can zoom is as close as I want it to. I use Paint.NET for transparency when I need it, since it boots up much more quickly than my Photoshop CS5 does.

GG is probably one of the best programs for the serious Pixel artist, hands down. If you are a serious Pixel artist, I highly recommend it. It costs 20 bucks for the version with the GIF animator, but you can get a full version thirty day free trial. Imho, its worth every penny.

But enough of my rambling; your thoughts?

Graceful_Suicune
05-18-2012, 03:47 PM
HOW DARE YOU REMAKE MY THREAD AR AR AR AR

Anyway, I just use MS Paint. xD And really? o: Maybe I should try GraphicsGale! It sounds extremely useful. Especially layers and a gif animator! Hmm, maybe I should consider buying it. o: If it's only $20 then I could probably get it without a fuss. It's just a matter of using Mum's credit card. :x Until then, I'll wait it out with Paint. xD

I only use Photoshop for transparency, so I don't count that. xD And sometimes altering brightness and stuff for my la sprites.

~GS.

Ant2011
05-18-2012, 03:53 PM
I use MS Paint. The nice new sleek and shiny version XD. I only use Gimp when I have to alter certain things. i.e. making a scene in a comic look like a different time of day XD

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
05-19-2012, 01:28 AM
I just use Paint. GrahicsGale sounds pretty cool. I don't really sprite enough to make it worthwhile though, plus I have Photoshop if I wanna animate something.

I am lazy so I do transparent stuff online using iaza.com. It's really quick and easy and saves me opening Photoshop. xD

Decrosse
05-19-2012, 10:10 AM
mix of GIMP & Microsoft Paint (WinXP version).

Speed-X
05-19-2012, 09:20 PM
I just use Paint. GrahicsGale sounds pretty cool. I don't really sprite enough to make it worthwhile though, plus I have Photoshop if I wanna animate something.

I am lazy so I do transparent stuff online using iaza.com. It's really quick and easy and saves me opening Photoshop. xD
I highly recommend using Paint.NET for transparency. Not only is said program free, but at the same time iaza images expire after just 30 days. Iaza isn't worth it, in my honest opinion.

Kyoune
05-20-2012, 09:35 PM
I use MSPaint. Always have, always will. ;m; It's what I'm comfy with ~

I use Iaza if I want to make my images transparent then I just resave it and upload it to my photobucket account. It's pretty painless. xD

Operative
05-20-2012, 10:33 PM
I use MS Paint just because I've grown so used to it. I'm not that much of a serious spriter, I just put time and effort into whatever I make, unless I'm feeling lazy.

Only time I use something different is when I'm using Photoshop CS5 or GIMP for transparency or .gif animations

Speed-X
05-20-2012, 11:19 PM
I use MSPaint. Always have, always will. ;m; It's what I'm comfy with ~

I use Iaza if I want to make my images transparent then I just resave it and upload it to my photobucket account. It's pretty painless. xD
Oh...I see. Nice technique, then. xD

I use MS Paint just because I've grown so used to it. I'm not that much of a serious spriter, I just put time and effort into whatever I make, unless I'm feeling lazy.

Only time I use something different is when I'm using Photoshop CS5 or GIMP for transparency or .gif animations
What version of it do you use, anyway? But yeah, I also got really used to Paint.

Then the Windows 7 version came out. >_< Then I got used to THAT, but one day on Livestream I saw how my friend was using GraphicsGale and all the cool features it had (the one I specifically noticed was the ability to make a custom-sized grid), then tried it again for the second or third time.
But yeah, that's just me...I was using MS GIF Animator for a while, but then I realized that it messes up my colors (it's an incredibly small detail, but still matters to me) just a little bit. I've tried PS Animator before, but...I was thoroughly confused. How DOES the PS animator work, anyways? :D