PDA

View Full Version : WAR head-count! Post here if you're likely to be participating this year.

3m0d0ll
05-30-2012, 04:32 AM
Register for the WAR!
(8/8) slots filled; (1/4) alternate slots filled.

FAQ:
What is WAR?
WAR is PE2K's annual competitive forum-wide game, during which, participants are able to compete against other rival teams for points each week. By the end, the team with the most points wins.

Why join WAR?
WAR boosts activity around the forum, gives you a chance to show everyone your skills, and joins people together in a fun, inventive way.

How do I join?
Step 1; Find a desirable team here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22).
Step 2; Follow that groups' instructions on how to join their team and wait to be approved. Make sure to say that you'll be participating in the ASB!
Step 3; Post in this thread (our registration thread) by following this form:
Preferred name:
WAR clan:
Are you a current ASB member?
If yes, how long have you been a member? If not, are you considering becoming one after WAR?*
Step 4; Wait for approval (should be no longer than 24-hours) and enjoy the WAR!

For the sake of ease and simplicity, there can only be a total of 16 participants. Register ASAP before you're out of time!
Similarly, if you're part of the 16, please post here if you're suddenly unable to participate to make room for an alternate.

The judging thread here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118283) will contain all information in regards to how this WAR will be played out, how points will be distributed, and anything of the like. :)

This is the first year that the ASB has been a WAR category, let's make it the first of many!

*You don't have to be an ASB member to participate in WAR.
To those individuals who aren't members, you will receive (a) free yet-to-be-revealed prize(s)
if you decide to join. Current members may receive prizes considering on how well they do. It's a win-win!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Participants for WAR!

Saraibre Ryu ~ GUN.
-
Foxamivalth ~ AWESOME.
-
narphoenix ~ Revolution Uprising.
-
gmandiddy ~ Park Lords.
-
5TailedDemonLizard ~ Revolution Uprising.
-
Dino ~ AWESOME.
-
Latio-Nytro ~ Revolution Uprising.
-
haybalebarn ~ GUN.
-
Velocity ~ Revolution Uprising.
-
sammy0295 ~ The Eggman Empire.
-
White Knite ~ Team Obscurity.

Saraibre Ryu
05-30-2012, 05:40 AM
Sabi is all in for ASB WAR!

Let's get a good count so we'll be in for next year too guys!

Preferred name: Sabi
WAR clan: GUN
Are you a current ASB member?: Yeppers!
If yes, how long have you been a member?: Since it's beginning...

RaptorJesus
05-30-2012, 06:35 AM
I totally stole your idea ;D

Foxamivalth
05-30-2012, 06:59 AM
I'm in!
Preferred name: Steven / Fox
WAR clan: AWESOME
Are you a current ASB member?: Of course!
If yes, how long have you been a member?: Last year exactly.

Socratic Sarcasm
05-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Preferred name: Nar
WAR clan: Revolution Uprising
Are you a current ASB member?: Yes.
If yes, how long have you been a member?: Few months.

Digital
05-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Preffered Name: Gman
WAR Clan: Park Lords
Are you a current ASB member?: Yes
If yes, how long have you been a member: Joined up before it went missing, then joined back under new management.

5TailedDemonLizard
05-30-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm totally in!

Preferred name: 5Tail
WAR clan: Revolution Uprising
Are you a current ASB member?: Yes!!
If yes, how long have you been a member?: Quite a few months.

Dino
05-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Preferred name: Dino
WAR clan: Awesome
Are you a current ASB member?: I think so...
How long have you been a member: A year and four months. According to when I registered.

Latio-Nytro
05-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Preferred name: Latio. Or Nytro. Or Latio-Nytro. Whatever one you like.
WAR clan: Revolution Urising
Are you a current ASB member: Yes. Very much so.
If yes, how long have you been a member: since 12-21-2011, judging just by my Trainer Stat's post.

haybalebarn
05-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Preferred name: Hay
WAR clan: GUN
Are you a current ASB member? Yes
If yes, how long have you been a member? Hmm. I'm not sure. Since November of last year I believe.

Velocity
05-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Preferred name: Velocity, VeloJello, Velo, or Katie. <3
WAR clan: Revolution Uprising.
Are you a current ASB member? No Seriously, I think we both no the answer here.
If yes, how long have you been a member? FOREVER. As long as forever means before the reset and grand reopening.

3m0d0ll
05-31-2012, 05:02 AM
Preferred name: Velocity, VeloJello, Velo, or Katie. <3
WAR clan: Revolution Uprising.
Are you a current ASB member? No Seriously, I think we both no the answer here.
If yes, how long have you been a member? FOREVER. As long as forever means before the reset and grand reopening.
*know. c;

Everyone's approved. :D

sammy0295
06-01-2012, 08:44 PM
So, provided there's room, I guess, would an ASB member be able to participate if they aren't part of a WAR team? Obviously not for WAR points or anything, just for fun.

3m0d0ll
06-02-2012, 05:15 PM
So, provided there's room, I guess, would an ASB member be able to participate if they aren't part of a WAR team? Obviously not for WAR points or anything, just for fun.
As it's a WAR tournament, you have to be a member of this WAR. :/ You don't have to participate in other sections of WAR, though, if you don't want.

sammy0295
06-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Okay.

EDIT: ;)
Preferred name: Sam
WAR clan: The Eggman Empire
Are you a current ASB member: Yup
How long have you been a member: For most of it's life, death, and rebirth on PE2K.

3m0d0ll
06-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Hey, guys; bad news. :( I noticed that starting with 16 participants wouldn't work (see spoiler), so I made the ninth and tenth registrants (Velo and Sammy) become the first two alternates. If, for whatever reason, wish to trade spots with an alternate, just post here and/or contact an alternate saying you're willing to switch. Thanks for understanding guys? c:

mah awsum paiint skiilz.
http://i.imgur.com/eHHmW.png

Velocity
06-05-2012, 01:44 AM
Hey, guys; bad news. :( I noticed that starting with 16 participants wouldn't work (see spoiler), so I made the ninth and tenth registrants (Velo and Sammy) become the first two alternates. If, for whatever reason, wish to trade spots with an alternate, just post here and/or contact an alternate saying you're willing to switch. Thanks for understanding guys? c:

mah awsum paiint skiilz.

So you're saying sammy and I are screwed? D:

Dino
06-05-2012, 02:13 AM

mah awsum paiint skiilz.

Your drawing only has twelve participants listed.
16 participants still would work.
http://www.printyourbrackets.com/thumbs/16-Team-Single-Elimination.gif
So if we can get 6 more participants you guys can go ahead and join in. So go advertise to non-ASB War participants. 8 participants seems to be the only other option.

3m0d0ll
06-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Hopefully not! In all honesty, I'd prefer it if a less-active member were to drop out and let you take their place. :/

I'm so sorry guys. When I saw that you and Sammy had registered too late, that's when I tried to edit the participant list to sixteen, but just realized what a train wreck that'd cause while talking to WAR leaders about point distribution. :( Sorry. </3

EDIT: AH, DINO YOU'RE RIGHT. God, I'm retarded, sorry. xD Though that only works in theory; I can only give out 30 points throughout the entire WAR...

White Knight
06-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Lolz hi 3rd alternate i guess ;~;

Preferred name: Knight/WiK/whatever
WAR clan: Team Obscurity
Are you a current ASB member?: You betcha
If yes, how long have you been a member?: July 2011

Socratic Sarcasm
06-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Simple solution to point distribution for 16 tourney:

1 point for people who progress past the first round (8 pts total)
2 points for second round winners (8 pts again)
4 points for third round (another 8)
6 points for the winner (6 pts total)

3m0d0ll
06-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Simple solution to point distribution for 16 tourney:

1 point for people who progress past the first round (8 pts total)
2 points for second round winners (8 pts again)
4 points for third round (another 8)
6 points for the winner (6 pts total)
Point distribution and how this WAR will run has already been decided. Possibly next year.

3m0d0ll
06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Here's the Official Thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118283), guys. Make sure to stop by if you're participating.

!!Cl0s3d.