PDA

View Full Version : Banette

IT
11-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah, so I figured out a nice moveset for Banette. Counters Snorlax easily.

Banette (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 205 HP / 137 Atk/SpAtk / 56 Def / 112 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Knock Off/Dream Eater
- HP Fighting/Shadow Ball
- Skill Swap/Destiny Bond
- Will-O-Wisp

Ok, so if you go with Knock Off, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap and WoW. The thing is that you send this guy against a Snorlax. Wow it, it'll start Cursing and you Skill Swap. It gets Insomnia so it can't Rest. Then just Knock Off its lefties.

For the second set, you don't need Skill Swap. You Wow it, it curses and then Rests. You Dream Eater it. If the Lax is packed with Shadow Ball, predict it and DBond the Lax.

For both sets, you have choice between HP Fighting and Shadow Ball.

Yes, I realize that Banette fails at SpAtk and Dream Eater, but at least it's something no one will guess.:wink: But the first set works like a dream, unless they realize what you're trying to pull off, which is pretty much not too possible.

Loyal Arcanine
11-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Yes, I realize that Banette fails at SpAtk and Dream Eater, but at least it's something no one will guess.:wink: But the first set works like a dream, unless they realize what you're trying to pull off, which is pretty much not too possible.

No, they won't expect it, but it won't frighten Snorlax when he sees it. Well, not my Curselax anyway, with 300 Sp. Def and a good amount of HP too. Meh, I like the idea, but I doubt it's competitiveness.

IT
11-13-2005, 05:56 PM
No, they won't expect it, but it won't frighten Snorlax when he sees it. Well, not my Curselax anyway, with 300 Sp. Def and a good amount of HP too. Meh, I like the idea, but I doubt it's competitiveness.

Well, yeah, more like novelty... But the first set is competitive and as a starter, it causes havoc to any team.

Finglonger
11-13-2005, 11:27 PM
yeah knock off will severly hurt laxes ability to switch in even if it fails...I think this could work well...needs more def though if its going to be going up against physical sweepers such as lax

Dragon_Seeker
11-14-2005, 12:12 AM
I dunno... I'm more inclined to a set like...

Banette - Insomnia
@Leftovers
~Knock Off
~Will-O-Wisp
~Taunt
~Shadow Ball

Will-O-Wisp to get rid of their attack (and therefore destroy their ability to hurt you), Taunt the Curses and Knock Off their item. Shadow Ball for a STAB attack, but I suppose if you wanted the ultimate anti-Lax it could be Hidden Power Fighting...

EDIT: Just tested it, it's very funky... you have to be very careful with it, though, it's extremely frail.

MidNightNinetails
11-14-2005, 12:57 AM
For the second set, you don't need Skill Swap. You Wow it, it curses and then Rests. You Dream Eater it. If the Lax is packed with Shadow Ball, predict it and DBond the Lax.

hmm...well, i thought since Dream Eater's a ghost type move, then wouldn't it not work on Snorlax, it being normal type? :eh:

if im wrong, then i MUST be stupid... :redface: ...and probaly not thinking...

<HaLEyTsUMi>
11-14-2005, 02:19 AM
no no your right ...i think but is dream eater a ghost or psychic because im pretty sure it a ghost move.Dont worry midnight ninetales ,sometimes i dont think right either:wink:

Finglonger
11-14-2005, 04:34 AM
hmm...well, i thought since Dream Eater's a ghost type move, then wouldn't it not work on Snorlax, it being normal type? :eh:

if im wrong, then i MUST be stupid... :redface: ...and probaly not thinking...

dream eater is a psychic type move

IT
11-14-2005, 01:50 PM
I dunno... I'm more inclined to a set like...

Banette - Insomnia
@Leftovers
~Knock Off
~Will-O-Wisp
~Taunt
~Shadow Ball

Will-O-Wisp to get rid of their attack (and therefore destroy their ability to hurt you), Taunt the Curses and Knock Off their item. Shadow Ball for a STAB attack, but I suppose if you wanted the ultimate anti-Lax it could be Hidden Power Fighting...

EDIT: Just tested it, it's very funky... you have to be very careful with it, though, it's extremely frail.

Your set is called...standard, right?

Well, as for my set, yeah, it is fragile, but if used right, it can actualyl deal some damage and annoyance. CalmCune's Lefties, Lax's Lefties' Blissey's Lefties, Mence's CB are free prey. The only problem this guy has is Heracross.

MidNightNinetails
11-14-2005, 05:03 PM
dream eater is a psychic type move
...oops... :oops: okay, now i know...:redface: and ill never forget...:tongue: hopefully
(i like smilies)

Dragon_Seeker
11-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Your set is called...standard, right?

Well, as for my set, yeah, it is fragile, but if used right, it can actualyl deal some damage and annoyance. CalmCune's Lefties, Lax's Lefties' Blissey's Lefties, Mence's CB are free prey. The only problem this guy has is Heracross.

Substitute is also a problem. The standard is HP Fighting over Taunt.

But, funny thing, your first set, like mine, is the standard with the change of 1 move. The second set is too much of a novelty. Dream Eater will not hurt 'Lax. Especially since 'Lax has ~500 HP and ~300 Special Defense. The second set relies very heavily on Destiny Bond to kill 'Lax.

Earthquake will still hurt/maim Banette after a few Curses (like, 2). If you plan to kill 'Lax with a Banette, you really need a way to shut off the Curses. Or, although it would be hard to pull off, possibly Wisp the 'Lax to cripple it, Psych Up the Curses and kill it with HP Fighting...

Just a thought.

IT
11-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Substitute is also a problem. The standard is HP Fighting over Taunt.

But, funny thing, your first set, like mine, is the standard with the change of 1 move. The second set is too much of a novelty. Dream Eater will not hurt 'Lax. Especially since 'Lax has ~500 HP and ~300 Special Defense. The second set relies very heavily on Destiny Bond to kill 'Lax.

Earthquake will still hurt/maim Banette after a few Curses (like, 2). If you plan to kill 'Lax with a Banette, you really need a way to shut off the Curses. Or, although it would be hard to pull off, possibly Wisp the 'Lax to cripple it, Psych Up the Curses and kill it with HP Fighting...

Just a thought.

I already testes the Banette on 3 separate Laxes. It owns.:cool:

I don't have any logs, so here:

1. Banette WoWs Lax.

2. Lax Curses.

3. Banette Knocks Off Lax's Lefties

4. Lax Curses (thinks he can kill me afterwards with EQ after Resting)

5. Skill Wap, Lax gets Imsomnia, Banette gets Immunity/Thick Fat

6. Lax Rests, it fails.

7. Banette switched out/ Lax switched out/ HP Fighting( I tested that too)

Dragon_Seeker
11-14-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm glad the first one owns. I never said the first one didn't. I said the second one looked like a novelty.

I'm glad the first set managed to get past my skeptical outlook though; more power to you if it keeps performing.

IT
11-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah, it did. I found another use to it.

Skill Swap Jask's Speed Boost.:tongue: They don't like it when they can't BP any speed.

TVTMaster
11-19-2005, 01:07 AM
I don't come to the Strategies & Movesets section much, so correct me if I'm wrong. Wouldn't Shadowball, being Ghost type, be ineffective against Snorlax, a normal type?

<HaLEyTsUMi>
11-19-2005, 01:14 AM
Yes it would be ineffective.

IT
11-19-2005, 09:49 AM
But that's why Banette has an option to use HP Fighting, which is Super Effective against Snorlax.