PDA

View Full Version : Noobish question... sorry.

Japucar
01-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Here it is:

How can you change the type of attack that Hidden Power is??

Thanks, anyway.

Diboofm Efmjcjse
01-05-2006, 06:55 PM
It's not a n00bish question - at least, it had me stumped for a few years. On the GB/GBC/GBA games, you can't choose - it's random. You can only choose Hidden Power types on Netbattle/RSBot/whatever, as far as I know. Best to get that double-checked.

Pika57
01-05-2006, 11:23 PM
It's not a n00bish question - at least, it had me stumped for a few years. On the GB/GBC/GBA games, you can't choose - it's random. You can only choose Hidden Power types on Netbattle/RSBot/whatever, as far as I know. Best to get that double-checked.

It isn't random, but it may as well be. Its based on evs, which in the games are very hard to control.

Deoxys Lover
01-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Hmm, as the title indicates, a noobish question :sad:

How can you change the type of attack that Hidden Power is??

Please, no messages like "That is a very noobish question!"

Thanks, anyway.

its not don't worry. but I don't know the answer. Hidden Power doesn't really do anything.:tongue: :ermm:

IT
01-06-2006, 12:26 AM
its not don't worry. but I don't know the answer. Hidden Power doesn't really do anything.:tongue: :ermm:

INCORRECT.

Hidden Power is one of the best moves in the game because almost every Pokemon can learn it, it does damage (unlike Protect, which every Pokemon can learn, discluding Magikarp...) and it's the best move for Electric types after Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave and Substitute.

Legionmaster
01-06-2006, 12:59 AM
and it's the best move for Electric types after Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave and Substitute.

Unless you have a thundancing Lanturn.:wink:

Yeah, EVs, like said. The only real use is to get weird types on pokemon (like HP Grass on Zapdos). Or get a decently powered move.

Japucar
01-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks for all the help, guys.

Well, ok. But which EVs do you have to boost to get the different types of HP?

DarkGardevoir
01-06-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks for all the help, guys.

Well, ok. But which EVs do you have to boost to get the different types of HP?
meh....is hard to say which you need to boost...i think serebii.net have found an equation to explain what you need to boost...but,meh the type is given by the Individual Values,not by the Effort values...

Wraith9
01-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Hidden power is hard to understand, especially for me, I mean, how are you supposed to know what individual values a certain pokemon has if they're a hidden value. I wish game freak didn't make it so complicated. :confused:

Pika57
01-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Hidden power is hard to understand, especially for me, I mean, how are you supposed to know what individual values a certain pokemon has if they're a hidden value. I wish game freak didn't make it so complicated. :confused:

Well on Nb, they let you set them...

and thats to make the game harder.

Ierdar
01-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Here comes Ierdar to make everthing better. =P

EVs do NOT determin the attack power and type of Hidden Power. DVs do. You can't view what your pokemon's DVs are, and you can't raise them with any item or by battling. There is no way to get higher DVs.

Pokemon that are hatched from eggs bred by your own pokemon have higher IVs than their parents. Each stat has an IV number. The power of DVs range from 1 to 31. Stats with 31 DVs are stronger, obviously. =P

They might be called IVs. I think it's both. XP Called DVs on NB, but IVs in game. Inheirted Values.

ManOwaR
01-07-2006, 12:14 AM
here you have the whole explanation:

Hidden power (aka HP) depends on Individual values or IVs. Its type is calculated by an ecuation, shown as followed:

HPtype=(t1+t2+t3+t4+t5+t6)*15/63

Now, the variables t1 to t6 are calculated like this:

If hp IVs are odd, then t1=1
If atack IVs are odd, then t2=2
If defense IVs are odd, then t3=4
If speed IVs are odd, then t4=8
If sp.atack IVs are odd, then t5=16
If sp.defense IVs are odd, then t6=32

Now, after calculating:
if HP type=0, HP is fighting
if HP type=1, HP is flying
if HP type=2, HP is Posion
if HP type=3, HP is ground
if HP type=4, HP is rock
if HP type=5, HP is bug
if HP type=6, HP is ghost
if HP type=7, HP is steel
if HP type=8, HP is fire
if HP type=9, HP is water
if HP type=10, HP is grass
if HP type=11, HP is electric
if HP type=12, HP is psyichic
if HP type=13, HP is ice
if HP type=14, HP is dragon
if HP type=15, HP is dark

So, you may be wondering how can you know the exact value of your IVs? Well, i donīt know, but there are many IV calculators around in Internet. They will help you know the exact value of your PKMN IVīs and will help calculate Hidden Power.

Ierdar
01-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Individual, that's the word. XD Kept thinking it was inherieted, even though I knew it wasn't. =P Thanks for clearing that up.

The only IV(or DV, in NB) calc I know of is on net battle. You can choose a type and it will calculate it into that type. =P

Japucar
01-07-2006, 03:22 PM
here you have the whole explanation:

Hidden power (aka HP) depends on Individual values or IVs. Its type is calculated by an ecuation, shown as followed:

HPtype=(t1+t2+t3+t4+t5+t6)*15/63

Now, the variables t1 to t6 are calculated like this:

If hp IVs are odd, then t1=1
If atack IVs are odd, then t2=2
If defense IVs are odd, then t3=4
If speed IVs are odd, then t4=8
If sp.atack IVs are odd, then t5=16
If sp.defense IVs are odd, then t6=32

Now, after calculating:
if HP type=0, HP is fighting
if HP type=1, HP is flying
if HP type=2, HP is Posion
if HP type=3, HP is ground
if HP type=4, HP is rock
if HP type=5, HP is bug
if HP type=6, HP is ghost
if HP type=7, HP is steel
if HP type=8, HP is fire
if HP type=9, HP is water
if HP type=10, HP is grass
if HP type=11, HP is electric
if HP type=12, HP is psyichic
if HP type=13, HP is ice
if HP type=14, HP is dragon
if HP type=15, HP is dark

So, you may be wondering how can you know the exact value of your IVs? Well, i donīt know, but there are many IV calculators around in Internet. They will help you know the exact value of your PKMN IVīs and will help calculate Hidden Power.
Thank you, ManOwaR.

Can you please post some of those calculators?

ManOwaR
01-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Here you have the one i use most

http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calc.shtml

Japucar
01-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Here you have the one i use most

http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calc.shtml
Thanks alot, Man O War. I will definetly be using that :smile:

ManOwaR
01-07-2006, 03:49 PM
No problem. If you donīt need anything else we could tell the mod to close the thread, donīt you think?

Japucar
01-07-2006, 08:04 PM
No problem here, so could someone lock this?

BTW, thanks to all who have helped!