lv 92 Zapdos, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Fly, Drill Peck

lv 90 Charizard, Flamthrower, Dragon Claw, Cut and Fire Blast

lv 97 Salamence, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Hidden Power and Hydro Pump

lv 95 Raikou, Calm Mind, Hidden Power, Substitute and Thunderbolt

Please Give me your opinions~
lol, This needs to be moved to strategy&movesets

Shadow Siren
01-16-2006, 04:20 PM
^ Needs to go in stategies and movesets, and it's rubbish anyway! WHY DOES BLASTOISE HAVE HYDRO CANNON?

Valdoris
01-17-2006, 02:16 AM
^ Needs to go in stategies and movesets, and it's rubbish anyway! WHY DOES BLASTOISE HAVE HYDRO CANNON?
Plain and simple fact.
Its the strongest water move around...

ManOwaR
01-17-2006, 02:21 AM
lol, Hydro canon. You know that you have to recharge after it, right?

if the opponent switches to something resistant to it, you canīt switch and youīve lost one of your team just because you used "The strongest water attack"

This is because newbies are obsessed with power, and only power and donīt care about strategies and switching

Valdoris
01-17-2006, 02:35 AM

if the opponent switches to something resistant to it, you can´t switch and you´ve lost one of your team just because you used "The strongest water attack"

This is because newbies are obsessed with power, and only power and don´t care about strategies and switching

And you think i dont know you have to recharge after -.- im not that much of a noob you know i use it for a sort of last resort move when its only my blastoise against something not to resistant...:oops:

you want to know about strategie heres my old team:

Salamence, Dragon Dance, Hidden Power, Earthquake, Hydro Pump

Rhydon, Focus Punch, Hidden Power, EarthQuake, Megahorn

Scyther, Aerial Ace, Slash, Silver Wind, Agility

Metagross, Agility, Earthquake, Meteor Mash, Thunder Punch

Milotic, Ice Beam, Psych Up, Rest, Surf

Raikou, Calm Mind, Extreme Speed, Substitute, ThunerBolt

That better for you?

We Taste Pies...
01-17-2006, 03:01 AM
Please Rate my leaf green team

Here it is:

lv 100 Blastoise, Surf,Hidden power(ground) , Ice Beam and Brick Break

lv 95 Mewtwo, Psychic, Calm Mind, Barrier, and Hidden power(fighting)

lv 92 Zapdos, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Rain Dance, Drill Peck

lv 90 Charizard, Flamthrower, Wing attack, Slash, Hidden power(water)

lv 97 Salamence, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Hidden Power(Ice) and Flamethrower

lv 95 Raikou, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power(ground), Rain Dance, and Thunder

Please Give me your opinions~

Hydro Cannon/Hyper Beam/Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant all suck.

This team needed some serious development. When you put down hidden power, please put what type it is.

EDIT:I only rated the first one by accident:oops: ,still this is what I would do with your pokemon.

Valdoris
01-17-2006, 03:07 AM
Hydro Cannon/Hyper Beam/Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant all suck.

This team needed some serious development. When you put down hidden power, please put what type it is.

EDIT:I only rated the first one by accident:oops: ,still this is what I would do with your pokemon.
Yeah but with hpyou dont get to choose what type it is in the game anyway so there is no point ...

ManOwaR
01-17-2006, 03:09 AM
And you think i dont know you have to recharge after -.- im not that much of a noob you know i use it for a sort of last resort move when its only my blastoise against something not to resistant...:oops:

you want to know about strategie heres my old team:

Salamence, Dragon Dance, Hidden Power, Earthquake, Hydro Pump

Rhydon, Focus Punch, Hidden Power, EarthQuake, Megahorn

Scyther, Aerial Ace, Slash, Silver Wind, Agility

Metagross, Agility, Earthquake, Meteor Mash, Thunder Punch

Raikou, Calm Mind, Extreme Speed, Substitute, ThunerBolt

That better for you?

Yeah, well, anyone can go and see someone elseīs team and write it down here. This doesnīt mean anything at all. Plus, there is a lot to fix here (HP type, natures, EVs, T-punch Agilygross, Psych-up Milo, Extremespeed raikou, WTF?!)

Valdoris
01-17-2006, 03:31 AM
Yeah, well, anyone can go and see someone elseīs team and write it down here. This doesnīt mean anything at all. Plus, there is a lot to fix here (HP type, natures, EVs, T-punch Agilygross, Psych-up Milo, Extremespeed raikou, WTF?!)
lmao you dont make sense at all and do you know what i think i think that my team could waste yours...
And for your information that second team i wrote was my team that i traded to emerald before starting again on LG so excuse me for trying to tell you something you cant get through your head.

Seawolf
01-17-2006, 03:56 AM

That better for you?

Why in the blazes would you give Milotic Rest when it can learn the much better Recover?

By the way, Valdoris, just because you most likely have no clue what EVs and such are, doesn't mean you can trash ManOwaR's advice.

Moving this to the Strategies and Movesets board where, believe me, this team will get sliced and served for breakfast.

Valdoris
01-17-2006, 04:32 AM
Why in the blazes would you give Milotic Rest when it can learn the much better Recover?

By the way, Valdoris, just because you most likely have no clue what EVs and such are, doesn't mean you can trash ManOwaR's advice.

Moving this to the Strategies and Movesets board where, believe me, this team will get sliced and served for breakfast.
Ok then, thanks for the advice and i will try and find recover for my milotic:happy:

ManOwaR
01-17-2006, 02:20 PM
lmao you dont make sense at all and do you know what i think i think that my team could waste yours...
And for your information that second team i wrote was my team that i traded to emerald before starting again on LG so excuse me for trying to tell you something you cant get through your head.

Actually, i understood pretty well what you wrote, and let me tell you that if we ever fight in NB, you wonīt stand a chance against me, iīd be glad to defeat you, and iīd honestly breeze past you.

And by the way, that team you posted was incomplete adn had screwed movesets which obviously tell me you donīt know anything about team building.

Iīm being abrupt, i know, but you diserve it for thrasing my advice so badly

Channel Delibird
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah, calm down Valdoris - if you post a team for ratings it will get rated, good or bad. You literally asked for it, in the title of the thread.

Now, I don't know very much about EVs and the like, but I'll have a go and trying to fix your first team.

lv 100 Blastoise, Surf, Hydro Cannon, Ice Beam and Waterfall
I get that this is an in-game team, but by level 100 you DON'T need Waterfall. Also, you don't want two water type moves, so get rid of Hydro Cannon. Replace with (the combination I use) Body Slam and Toxic.

lv 95 Mewtwo, Psychic, Blizzard, Hyper Beam and Future Sight
Hyper Beam - see ManOWar's Hydro Cannon comment. Losing an entire turn is too big a penalty, so get rid of that. Also, you should have Barrier in there somewhere, over Future Sight. You can keep Blizzard if you want, but I prefer Brick Break on Mewtwo to counter Dark.

This is a problem you keep creating - two moves of the same type on the same 'mon. Ditch Thunder if you're not going to use Rain Dance, and one of the Flying moves. Drill Peck is a better attack, but if this is ingame you might want to be lazy and keep Fly instead. Replace with Thunder Wave and Roar for some parashuffling fun.

Two fire moves! Daaargh! Get rid of Fire Blast, Charizard doesn't need the extra power. Hold onto Dragon Claw, you shouldn't need Cut by now. Add Rock Slide and Aerial Ace (Fly if you didn't give it to Zapdos and really want it in your team).

Dragon Dance & Earthquake are fine. Drop Hydro Pump and Hidden Power (whatever it was, if it's ingame then Hidden Power is useless without extreme luck) and add Dragon Claw and Crunch.

Two options for you here. You could actually use Hyper Beam here if you really want, in conjunction with Substitute. Drop Hidden Power for it. The other option is to drop Hidden Power and Thunderbolt for Rain Dance and Thunder.

IT
01-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah, calm down Valdoris - if you post a team for ratings it will get rated, good or bad. You literally asked for it, in the title of the thread.

Now, I don't know very much about EVs and the like, but I'll have a go and trying to fix your first team.

Yay, I can disagree with you. ^_^

I get that this is an in-game team, but by level 100 you DON'T need Waterfall. Also, you don't want two water type moves, so get rid of Hydro Cannon. Replace with (the combination I use) Body Slam and Toxic.

Blastoise works better as a tank with Rapid Spin, Haze, Rest, Focus Punch, Surf, Ice Beam and Earthquake. Toxic and Body Slam just don't work since there are much better Pokemon to take advantage of them.

Hyper Beam - see ManOWar's Hydro Cannon comment. Losing an entire turn is too big a penalty, so get rid of that. Also, you should have Barrier in there somewhere, over Future Sight. You can keep Blizzard if you want, but I prefer Brick Break on Mewtwo to counter Dark.

Standard: Calm Mind, Psychic, Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Recover. NEVER use or recommend Blizzard because of its inaccuracy. Brick Break is optional as is Barrier, but Mewtwo is meant to be a special sweeper, not a tank or a physican sweeper.

This is a problem you keep creating - two moves of the same type on the same 'mon. Ditch Thunder if you're not going to use Rain Dance, and one of the Flying moves. Drill Peck is a better attack, but if this is ingame you might want to be lazy and keep Fly instead. Replace with Thunder Wave and Roar for some parashuffling fun.

Standard Zapdos: Thunderbolt, HP Grass/Ice, Substitute, Light Screen/Thunderwave. Zapdos is too fragile to parashuffle, or in fact, use Roar. Drill Peck can be seen on some sets.

Two fire moves! Daaargh! Get rid of Fire Blast, Charizard doesn't need the extra power. Hold onto Dragon Claw, you shouldn't need Cut by now. Add Rock Slide and Aerial Ace (Fly if you didn't give it to Zapdos and really want it in your team).

No Dragon Claw needed, add Belly Drum or Swords Dance instead.

Dragon Dance & Earthquake are fine. Drop Hydro Pump and Hidden Power (whatever it was, if it's ingame then Hidden Power is useless without extreme luck) and add Dragon Claw and Crunch.

Special Sala is good, but physical with: HP Flying, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Brick Break/Flamethrower is better.

Two options for you here. You could actually use Hyper Beam here if you really want, in conjunction with Substitute. Drop Hidden Power for it. The other option is to drop Hidden Power and Thunderbolt for Rain Dance and Thunder.

Hyper Beam works only for two mons, Tauros and Slaking, period. His moveset is fine as long as it's HP Ice or HP Grass.

Enough typing for today... ._.

Valdoris
01-23-2006, 05:15 AM

Thanks alot all your advice completely upgraded my team :happy:

Deathspector
01-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Honestly, Valdoris, I sometimes feel sorry for you. You should just take comments the way they come. When I was new at the game, my Blastoise had Water Gun, Surf, Hydro Cannon, and Waterfall. It wasn't a very good moveset, and I was thrashed. So, I listened to everyone here, and their advice, and my Blastoise became one strong piece of ****.

Constructive critisism will come and go, and it's better to take it in your stride, and learn from it. It's okay to make mistakes. Ask IT or Chanell Delibird, they all made mistakes.

((Damn, this is getting too emmotional))

Btw, IT, I believe that Substitue, and Hyper Beam are a good combo, seeing as you have protection from any attacks that might come your way when resting. But I agree, Hyper Beam is best used on Slaking, or Tauros.

IT
01-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Btw, IT, I believe that Substitute, and Hyper Beam are a good combo, seeing as you have protection from any attacks that might come your way when resting. But I agree, Hyper Beam is best used on Slaking, or Tauros.

Actually, you can deal way more damage by Sub+Focus Punch and there are really no pokemon that could use Sub+Hyper Beam effectively without having another more useful moveset.

D-man_3
01-24-2006, 12:54 AM
It's pretty good but it needs more diverse moves and you should have less flying type pokemon:biggrin:

Valdoris
01-28-2006, 05:25 AM
Honestly, Valdoris, I sometimes feel sorry for you. You should just take comments the way they come. When I was new at the game, my Blastoise had Water Gun, Surf, Hydro Cannon, and Waterfall. It wasn't a very good moveset, and I was thrashed. So, I listened to everyone here, and their advice, and my Blastoise became one strong piece of ****.

Constructive critisism will come and go, and it's better to take it in your stride, and learn from it. It's okay to make mistakes. Ask IT or Chanell Delibird, they all made mistakes.

((Damn, this is getting too emmotional))

Btw, IT, I believe that Substitue, and Hyper Beam are a good combo, seeing as you have protection from any attacks that might come your way when resting. But I agree, Hyper Beam is best used on Slaking, or Tauros.
Lol Thanks alot everyone for helping me out, and with that said id like to release my new team...I think its better but still the more help the better:

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Adamant
Fly
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Sludge Bomb
Thunderpunch to deal with Skarmorys~

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Adamant/Quiet
Rock Slide
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Crunch

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm
Mean Look
Toxic
Substitute
Moonlight
Sub then mean look toxic then moonlight Sub moonlight Sub...Really annoying lol

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid
Surf
Recover
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Adamant
Howl
Extremespeed
Fire Blast
Crunch

Well thats what it will be when i lvl them up a bit more so far i have Metagross, Tyranitar,Starmie,Shelgon,Growlithe and Umbreon

Valdoris
01-28-2006, 05:29 AM

if the opponent switches to something resistant to it, you canīt switch and youīve lost one of your team just because you used "The strongest water attack"

This is because newbies are obsessed with power, and only power and donīt care about strategies and switching
Sorry for the DP but i just realised something in LG when i played againsnt the Pokemon League i used Hydro Cannon And Switched out when it said Gary is about to send out Alakazam Would you like to switch pokemon so yes i can switch out...

ManOwaR
01-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Sorry for the DP but i just realised something in LG when i played againsnt the Pokemon League i used Hydro Cannon And Switched out when it said Gary is about to send out Alakazam Would you like to switch pokemon so yes i can switch out...

Thatīs for in-game with switch mode on. If you ever play in NB or link-up, youi wonīt be able to do that

silver typhlosion
06-16-2006, 11:05 AM

hey?! im new but not obsessed with power!

celebi
06-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Lol Thanks alot everyone for helping me out, and with that said id like to release my new team...I think its better but still the more help the better:

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Adamant
Fly
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Sludge Bomb
Thunderpunch to deal with Skarmorys~

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Adamant/Quiet
Rock Slide
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Crunch

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm
Mean Look
Toxic
Substitute
Moonlight
Sub then mean look toxic then moonlight Sub moonlight Sub...Really annoying lol

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid
Surf
Recover
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Adamant
Howl
Extremespeed
Fire Blast
Crunch

Well thats what it will be when i lvl them up a bit more so far i have Metagross, Tyranitar,Starmie,Shelgon,Growlithe and Umbreon
I would suggest
Salamence Adamant@left overs
Dragon claw/DD
EQ
AA/HP(flying)
return/double edge

Arcanine (Modest):@lum berry
Extremespeed
Flamethrower
Crunch
Roar

Starmie(modest) @lum berry