PDA

View Full Version : Apple or Microsoft?

Pokemon World Mazter
03-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Which one is the best one? I personally think Apple computers rule, The PowerPC G5 is the fastest computer in the world! The Mac hardware is just awesome! I love the graphics, and I personally own 2. Im using my iMac right now. iLife is the best digital software out there. Also, iTunes is the best media player you can have as well as Quicktime. The Apple iPod is awesome! If you were to buy a new computer, I would recommend an Apple Computer.

EDIT: See the difference (http://www.apple.com/macosx)

silverfrost
03-06-2004, 03:26 PM
I personally like Apple better also, but I use Microsoft. Once I can afford my own computer, though, I'll probably get an Apple comp. ^^

Pokemon World Mazter
03-06-2004, 03:53 PM
I personally like Apple better also, but I use Microsoft. Once I can afford my own computer, though, I'll probably get an Apple comp. ^^

Yeah.. Apple PCs are a little bit more expensive, but it depends on which one is it. For example, an eMac is as low as $ 800 and a PowerPC G5 is as low as $ 2500. There are others that are even more expensive, but those are for companies and stuff like that :cool:

silverfrost
03-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Yeah.. Apple PCs are a little bit more expensive, but it depends on which one is it. For example, an eMac is as low as $ 800 and a PowerPC G5 is as low as $ 2500. There are others that are even more expensive, but those are for companies and stuff like that :cool:

Yep. Better quality=more expensive. It's worth it, though. ^_^

VenusaurTrainer
03-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Apples are way better they are more powerful then Microsoft. Also they are perfect for school.

--White Wolf--
03-06-2004, 06:34 PM
I really dn't know but i use Microsoft

drgn
03-06-2004, 10:18 PM
APPLE!!! On MAC OS X you can download virtual PC if you want to do windows stuff, and they are so much more cool! And I love iTunes! Also windows are big and noisy.

Kipkip
03-07-2004, 02:53 AM
I use Microsoft but I like Apple better. I really want an Apple computer but they are just too expensive.:sad:

Sophie
03-07-2004, 05:31 AM
It depends on what you're looking for in a computer heh.

Gotta agree that apple's cooler and prettier in appearrance, plus that it has 2 processors, blah blah blah's, higher protection, ect...

For me Microsoft is better, need programs to run a computer, and buying programs that are specialized for apple are just outta my range.

boltAge
03-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Well, Apple is good HARWAVE-wise. Just think, almost all the programs you'd see in a computer shop is for Microsoft, hardly do you see Mac programs. Like Pokemon Netbattle, they don't even have a version for Macs. So, it depends on what you're looking for.

drgn
03-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Well, Apple is good HARWAVE-wise. Just think, almost all the programs you'd see in a computer shop is for Microsoft, hardly do you see Mac programs. Like Pokemon Netbattle, they don't even have a version for Macs. So, it depends on what you're looking for.
True, true, but you can just buy virtual pc to do windows stuff.

plasmaball3000
03-07-2004, 03:04 PM
I grew up on PC's, so from that, I like them better. There are some things I really like about Apple's though, like the software (those rock!). There are some really messed up things with Window's: overall complexity, viruses, it being created by Microsoft, ect. But once you really know Window you can do a lot with it. Besides, you can get a good PC for about $700, and good Mac's are several time that.

Pokemon World Mazter
03-07-2004, 03:35 PM
True, Windows PC get viruses while Macs virtually dont. You can buy a load of Mac Programs in the Apple Store^^. Also, Virtual PC is awesome as someone said. You can have Windows XP Pro or Home in your Mac and there you can run programs for windows. I just love Apple^^!

Pidgeot79
03-07-2004, 04:46 PM
The only time I've used an Apple is in school and I barely get to use them in school so I can't really judge them fairly but I like Microsoft better.

sdp
03-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Neither,
Linux = king

but if i had to choose it would be apple no doubt.

Pokemon World Mazter
03-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Well in my opinion, Linux is Ok. Windows PCs are not the best ones out there, they are the "best marketed" ones. Thats why you see Windows PCs most of the times everywhere. That doesnt mean they are better. I would like to see some screenshots from Linux. Ive never tried one or seen one.

Zombie
03-10-2004, 05:25 PM
I've always prefered Windows. it's just what I grew up on, and I've never had any problems with it *knocks on wood*

drgn
03-13-2004, 02:26 AM
Mac OS X is part Linux, I don know what that means, but they are.

Pokemon World Mazter
03-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Isnt it part UNIX? I never heard of the Linux relationship. I think you maybe meant UNIX.

ELMO
05-13-2004, 01:36 PM
LET ME PUT THIS IN SIMPLE TERMS :D

#1 - Apple is perfect for video, sound, and picture editing. For production, Apple is best.

#2 - For gaming, go Windows. Windows has the biggest selection of games because it's easiest to program for.

#3 - Unix/Linux, go with that for webservers. I wouldn't suggest sticking with that for unless you're hosting a website. Then, you'd need a really good internet connection such as Cable, DSL, Tier 1, Tier 3, etc.

#4 - Punch up other operating systems only if they have something you really need. Like I said, Apple is best for video/sound/image production, but Windows is perfect for gaming and websurfing and such. Linux and Unix? webservers.

Hope that helps.