PDA

View Full Version : Help getting Ho-oh in Colosseum

munjey86
06-09-2006, 09:39 PM
After reading through a bunch of posts on these forums, countless strategy guides, and attempting all of them, I'm completely stumped as to why I cannot catch Ho-oh on my Colosseum game.

I've caught and purified all 48 Shadow Pokémon, beaten story mode, and I've fought in Battle mode, defeating all 100 trainers in both 1v1 and 2v2 battles. I haven't played in a couple months, because I got mad when it didn't work and gave up, focusing on my Fire Red game, but I think I even played through the 100 trainer battles in 1v1 twice, just to make sure.

Some issues that I'm guessing it could be are these:
1. I had to go back and get 2 shadow Pokémon that I missed the first time around, do you have to snag them the first time you encounter them, or does it not matter so long as you purify them all?
2. I traded over Pokémon from my Fire Red game to help beat the trainers, but I read on Wikipedia's entry for Ho-oh that you're allowed to use Pokémon from the other games to defeat the trainers. Is this true, or do I need to use the Pokémon that I caught in story mode?

I'm really looking forward to capturing Ho-oh, since he's one of the few that I have left before completing my Pokédex before the new Pearl/Diamond games come out. I figured I'd ask on here and maybe someone would know before I try anything else, that way I won't have to fight all 100 trainers again for nothing. If it comes down to it, I guess I'll start a new file and play through it again, but I'd hate to have to do that, as Pokémon Colosseum was my least favorite game out of the entire Pokémon series. Thanks in advance.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
06-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Here are the exact steps from Serebii.net:

-First, you need to have Snatched and Purified all 48 Pokémon.
-Enter Battle Mode, then go to option of Registering your Pokemon
-Register your party of 6 from the Scenario Mode, meaning the active 6 you were carrying when you last saved in the Scenario Mode
-Enter Battle Mountain in the Battle Mode, choose either the single (1 vs 1) or double (2 vs 2) battle
-Beat all 100 trainers
-After you've beaten all 100 trainers, Ho-Oh will show up on the screen (with black background), and a message pops up saying 'The blessing of Ho-Oh has arrived for the master or revival and battle', and then another message 'Ho-Oh has been sent to your PC'.
-You will exit battle mountain automatically after confirming the amount of Pokecoupons you've won
-Go back to Scenario Mode and check your PC. The rainbow bird should be sitting right there at level 70

1. I had to go back and get 2 shadow Pokémon that I missed the first time around, do you have to snag them the first time you encounter them, or does it not matter so long as you purify them all?
As long as you eventually catch and purify every Shadow Pokemon, it doesn't matter if you had to go back and get them the second time round or third or whatever. So that's definately not the problem.

2. I traded over Pokémon from my Fire Red game to help beat the trainers, but I read on Wikipedia's entry for Ho-oh that you're allowed to use Pokémon from the other games to defeat the trainers. Is this true, or do I need to use the Pokémon that I caught in story mode?
Hmm, I checked this out and apparently as long as you traded the Pokemon over to Story mode and put them in your party, and then in Colloseum mode you registered your Story mode party, you can use Pokemon from other games and it should still work. :ermm:

munjey86
06-13-2006, 06:46 AM
I thought I did all that though, but I guess not. I'll try again and see what happens. Thanks anyway!

David Um
06-29-2006, 03:34 AM
you are supposed to beat it in the colosseum battle mode. in LV 100

magicarp009
06-29-2006, 04:12 AM
make sure you don't beat the 100 battle mountain with GBA registered guys. Trade your strong guys from GBA into your story mode and register your story mode or you won't get Ho-oh.

I made this mistake in my game, although ultimately I got more coupon points, so i don't mind:mrgreen:

Lord Celebi
07-01-2006, 08:34 PM
you are supposed to beat it in the colosseum battle mode. in LV 100
I beat it with my highest level Pokemon (Feraligatr) Level 69.

And yes, you need to beat in Battle mode. Did you read my FAQ?