PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

Regice2006
06-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Hi, I used to be a regular at this site under the name of Regice_2005. Then I hit junior year and with all the classes and SAT's I stopped coming. Now that summer is finally here, I'm looking to get back into the pokemon comunity. I was just wondering if there were any changes in the metagame since I was gone (the last new addition I remember was tyranaboah).
I also found a friend who has a gameshark so a non-netbattle team seems more plausible. I was wondering if anyone knew any codes to adjust DVs.

Thanks in advanced.

Meno
06-22-2006, 12:57 AM
Here's where you can ask about Gameshark questions:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3730
^^.

Regice2006
06-22-2006, 12:35 PM
I probably should have specified that all I have is Sapphire version, but thanks for the post

Dragon_Seeker
06-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi Regice.

Tbh the metagame really hasn't bonked itself too much, which is a bit of a shame. Aipom is tier one now, though.

Tyraniboah is pretty much dead, since we have discovered other ways of breaking stall (namely, people are whoring Dugtrio and Magneton more than ever). There are Swamperts everywhere, but there were Swamperts everywhere before so that's not too different.

pHazing is pretty much dead unless it's used as a Curselax counter or Ninjask with everyone using a bulky water (Milotic is becoming popular again) to beat DDers. Cursepert isn't seen often anymore with Zapdos being used by everyone and their mother. Suicune is also a dying breed because of Zapdos.

Speaking of Zapdos, the super pidgeon of yellow-feathered death is now the second most used pokemon, second only to the great lard. No, not Blissey, it's Snorlax now. With Zapdos going up in popularity, people needed something that could actually kill it without the risk of being outstalled so Snorlax is the new special wall to beat (so Beat Up really isn't great anymore).

Oh, and Moltres/Articuno got boosts in playability so they're good now (but still never see play).

Regice2006
06-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi Regice.

Tbh the metagame really hasn't bonked itself too much, which is a bit of a shame. Aipom is tier one now, though.:eek: :eek:

Oh, and Moltres/Articuno got boosts in playability so they're good now (but still never see play).

Everything else I got but how in the world did Aipon and moltres see the light of day?!?!

Dragon_Seeker
06-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Everything else I got but how in the world did Aipon and moltres see the light of day?!?!
Aipom was a joke.

Moltres got Will-O-Wisp and Morning Sun in pokemonXD, so now it can actually fight. People also realized that 125 special attack + STAB actually hurts, and Swampert needs Surf or it gets wrecked by Hidden Power Grass. And Will-O-Wisp messes up a bunch of its formerly safe switch-ins like Snorlax.

Echo
06-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Aipom was a joke.

Moltres got Will-O-Wisp and Morning Sun in pokemonXD, so now it can actually fight. People also realized that 125 special attack + STAB actually hurts, and Swampert needs Surf or it gets wrecked by Hidden Power Grass. And Will-O-Wisp messes up a bunch of its formerly safe switch-ins like Snorlax.

Not to mention some other cool stuff that came with XD, like the new Heal Bellers, etc.

Also, I could be wrong, but I've seen Flygon gotten more popular.

Dragon_Seeker
06-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Not to mention some other cool stuff that came with XD, like the new Heal Bellers, etc.

Also, I could be wrong, but I've seen Flygon gotten more popular.
The new Heal Bellers were cool, but none of them are particularly good; except for Articuno and Lapras. Even so, Articuno has better things to do than Heal Bell and Lapras is better as a RestTalker. Or as a surprise DDer. Heal Bell Lapras has never been really fulfilling for me, but maybe that's just me.

Flygon is more popular but Flygon has always been popular. I guess the rise in DDtars has made people more Flygon-friendly.

Echo
06-28-2006, 11:16 AM
The new Heal Bellers were cool, but none of them are particularly good; except for Articuno and Lapras. Even so, Articuno has better things to do than Heal Bell and Lapras is better as a RestTalker. Or as a surprise DDer. Heal Bell Lapras has never been really fulfilling for me, but maybe that's just me.

Flygon is more popular but Flygon has always been popular. I guess the rise in DDtars has made people more Flygon-friendly.

I've seen people use Heal Bell Articuno nicely in stall teams, but yeah, the new Heal Bellers didn't really affect the metagame that much.

celebi
06-28-2006, 01:22 PM
miltank blissey and sometimes celebi is ok for heal bell.

Echo
06-28-2006, 09:54 PM
miltank blissey and sometimes celebi is ok for heal bell.

lol, yes, but unfortunately we were discussing the changes in the current Advance generation OU metagame.

Dragon_Seeker
06-28-2006, 10:15 PM
lol, yes, but unfortunately we were discussing the changes in the current Advance generation OU metagame.
Okay. I went through every change I could think of, here's a list:

In ADV OU, Snorlax has replaced Blissey, Boah is dead and DDTar is now the "must-have-counter-for" sweeper. Zapdos is whored more than ever. Gyarados is almost dead as a consequence. Heracross gained more popularity with Gyarados going out of style and people using TTar religiously again. Flygon also gained favour due to HP Grass Zapdos and DDtar becoming more OU (well, they were already high OUs but now they tower over all except Skarmory, Swampert and Snorlax). CBmence still reigns supreme with millions switching over to Swampert as a bulky water instead of Milotic/Suicune.

In UU, Hypno is now jesus thanks to Wish. Raichu got a popularity boost with Surf (standard is Surf, HP Grass, TBolt, Encore / filler now iirc) but is still just a slower/weaker Electabuzz/Manectric with Surf. Mixed Sharpedo now reigns supreme and is seldom used, yet hurts like nothing else (Crunch, EQ, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam @ Lum/Leftovers). A lot of things got Heal Bell, Charm and Refresh but none of them are worth noting except Ampharos, who has better things to do than Heal Bell. Altaria can Heal Bell now but still never sees play because everything and their mother has Ice Beam.

NU is too underdeveloped for people to say what's happening, although Bellossom is the sweeper to beat (when it's allowed).

In Ubers, Lugia got Psycho Boost and Featherdance, both of which are totally redundant because it already has Reflect/Ice Beam to stop Groudon and psychic is a crap attack type in ubers anyways. Ho-oh still sees no play. Latios is still more popular than Latias, except Latias is cooler.

Echo
06-29-2006, 09:51 AM
About Hypno, wasn't it upgraded as a BL?

Also, in UU, a Gligar counter is a must nowadays (thus, people are stuffing Ice Beam on their Aggron and getting UU bulky waters, like Walrein/Quagsire). Same with putting Iron Tail on some physical sweepers to get Gligar down.

Spikes is also entering the UU metagame, or at least from what I've noticed (with the huge rise of Spiker Omastar > Raindancer Omastar), so Rapid Spinners are coming more popular as well. Especially when using a Shedinja.

I've also seen Clefable used more than before, but that could be just me.:tongue:

In NU, Relicanth or is the dominating CBer.

Pika57
06-29-2006, 12:47 PM
I know very little abotu the Metagame. But still Ive noticed a few things.

First, a ton of people are using Raikou.

Second(personal observation), Dunsparce is Pwnzorz.