PDA

View Full Version : Is There Annything Good With Alakazam Without The Punches?!

hsb39
06-23-2006, 11:07 AM
I don't have Emerald, so I can't get the punches on my LeafGreen Ally, is there another set????:confused:

Dragon_Seeker
06-23-2006, 02:43 PM
You can get the punches... just breed it with something like Hitmonchan.

I don't even use the punches. I usually use:

ALAKAZAM - SYNCHRONIZE
~ Encore / Taunt
~ Psychic
~ Calm Mind
~ Recover
@ Leftovers

Puts the hurt on Blissey like no other. Taunt is more consistent, but I like the randomness of Encore at times. Celebi really can't touch this due to Taunt. You need to breed if you want Encore, but Taunt is a TM iirc.

Thrall
06-23-2006, 03:15 PM
You can also give it Hp Ice/Fire/Electric if you need the Elements. I usually get Hp[Grass].

pokefan2000
06-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Trick also works well with it.

Silver Dragonair
06-23-2006, 06:09 PM
whats IIRC stand for???

bleep
06-23-2006, 07:58 PM
iirc= if i recall correctly

you can go with encore, trick, reflect, taunt, etc. i guess you could try to go physical with things like focuspunch to catch blissey, but its not going to damage anything that psychic wouldn't already deal with.

Dragon_Seeker
06-23-2006, 10:37 PM
i guess you could try to go physical with things like focuspunch to catch blissey, but its not going to damage anything that psychic wouldn't already deal with.
Tyranitar.

hsb39
06-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Trick also works well with it.
If I got Calm Mind there, I might as well use Thief with no item, maybe Shock Wave to destroy Flying foes before they destroy me, I'll check what HP is.

Dragon_Seeker
06-23-2006, 10:46 PM
If I got Calm Mind there, I might as well use Thief with no item, maybe Shock Wave to destroy Flying foes before they destroy me, I'll check what HP is.
90 * 1.5 (STAB) = 135 base power Psychic
60 * 2 (SE) = 120 base power Shock Wave

Psychic already hits those flyers harder than Shock Wave... why bother?

hsb39
06-23-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm talking about Airbourne Flyers, can't hit them with Psycic, and before annyone makes annymore ideas, my Ally has Inner Focus *sob*.

Thrall
06-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Get a new on. Zam's can't take attacks from move's that flinch unless you Ev train in Def/Sp.def.All I can think off is this Zam

Alakazam:ModestNature@Leftovers
Ev's:252Sp.Atk/252.Spd
Psychic
Taunt/HiddenPower Grass/Ice
Recover
CalmMind

Not like Hp Grass matters.Swamperts Stabbed EQ would make quick work of Zam.

Dragon_Seeker
06-24-2006, 01:34 AM
Inner Focus is fine ingame... Synchronize just works better. It's not like you'd actually want to switch into Toxic/Thunder Wave/Will-O-Wisp or anything, it's just the better of the two traits.

Echo
06-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Inner Focus is fine ingame... Synchronize just works better. It's not like you'd actually want to switch into Toxic/Thunder Wave/Will-O-Wisp or anything, it's just the better of the two traits.

Well, you do want to switch into a status inflicting move if you are carrying a Lum Berry. Well, there are those exceptions in which eg. a Poison type Pokemon uses Toxic and Synchronize doesn't affect it.

As for the Alakazam, Taunt/Torment/Calm Mind/Psychic works to an extent in-game.

Dragon_Seeker
06-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Well, you do want to switch into a status inflicting move if you are carrying a Lum Berry.
Lum Berry sucks on Alakazam though... :neutral:

Echo
06-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Lum Berry sucks on Alakazam though... :neutral:

Lol, yes, Leftovers is a much better option, but Lum Berry is an option. (:

hsb39
06-29-2006, 02:41 AM
The whole Forum is going to hate me for this, but I think that this is one of the funnest moves and makes a match more exiting, I got my Ally with... Metronome!!!

The Updated set is now:
Allakazam@Leftovers or no item, depends on if I change the last move Trait: Inner Focus
Calm Mind
Metronome
Psycic
Thief(got any other suggestions?)

Dragon_Seeker
06-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Thief(got any other suggestions?)
Try Recover.

RedRoninMan
06-30-2006, 07:01 PM
I dont use alakazam but my friend does and he uses the calm mind strategy. The problem with that is all in need to do is send out a monster with a large pysical attack stat that isnt fighting type(SNORLAX).

hsb39
07-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Try Recover.
The problem with Recover on Ally is it's poor defense, not many people bother using a Special move on him/her when pretty much any physical move will take it out.